Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,110 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Gay Marriage Will Never Happen In Russia As Long As I Am President- Putin - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Gay Marriage Will Never Happen In Russia As Long As I Am President- Putin (424 Views)

3,000 Arrested In Russia As Anti-War In Ukraine Protests Turn Violent / Russia's President Putin Exposed To Coronavirus - BBC / Vladmir Putin: "As Long As I Am President, Gay Marriage Will Never Be Legalized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gay Marriage Will Never Happen In Russia As Long As I Am President- Putin by FactBoyz: 10:24am On Feb 14, 2020
President Vladimir Putin of Russia has ruled out the possibility of legalizing gay marriage (same sex marriage)in Russia.

Speaking on Thursday in the symbolic Russian Kremlin, where he met a state commission to discuss the changes to Russia's constitution, the highly influential leader spoke against allowing the traditional notion of mother and father to be 'subverted' by what he called "parent number 1" and "parent number 2".

"As far as 'parent number 1' and 'parent number 2' goes, I've already spoken publicly about this and I'll repeat it again: as long as I'm president this will not happen. There will be dad and mum," Putin said.

Last month, Dmitry Medvedev, the prime minister of Russia and the entire Russian government resigned after President Vladimir Putin proposed a constitutional reform that would allow him to remain in power indefinitely.

While addressing his parliament at that time, Putin proposed a referendum on amending Russia's constitution to increase the powers of parliament while maintaining a strong presidential system.

"I consider it necessary to conduct a vote by the country's citizens on an entire package of proposed amendments to the country's constitution," Putin said.

During his two decades in power, Putin is known to be closely knitted with the Orthodox Church and has distanced Russia from liberal Western values, including attitudes towards homosexuality.

https:///2020/02/gay-marriage-will-never-happen-in-russia-as-long-as-i-am-president-putin.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gay Marriage Will Never Happen In Russia As Long As I Am President- Putin by bigiyaro(m): 10:25am On Feb 14, 2020
correct man.

5 Likes

Re: Gay Marriage Will Never Happen In Russia As Long As I Am President- Putin by thundafire: 10:32am On Feb 14, 2020
My gee atleast he is working but allow dey opposition to campaign and have a free and fair election yes support u on same sex kill them all

4 Likes

Re: Gay Marriage Will Never Happen In Russia As Long As I Am President- Putin by donbuchi1(m): 10:47am On Feb 14, 2020
Fearless Leadership

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Bodies Of 'beaten And Tortured' Afghans Recovered At Iran Border / Tension Between North Korea And US Escalates Over Malicious Cyber Attack / At Least 14 Dead In China As Yangtze River Rises 50ft Above Flood Level

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.