Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,630 members, 7,820,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Bodies Of 'beaten And Tortured' Afghans Recovered At Iran Border - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Bodies Of 'beaten And Tortured' Afghans Recovered At Iran Border (425 Views)

Bodies Of Hostages Found In Gaza, Says Israel / Mossad Forces Display Bodies Of Terrorists Killed In Israel Villages - Photo / The Bodies Of Russian Soldiers Are Piling Up In Ukraine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bodies Of 'beaten And Tortured' Afghans Recovered At Iran Border by Originality007: 8:27am On May 09, 2020
Bodies of 'beaten and tortured' Afghans recovered at Iran border
Officials allege 55 migrants were forced into a river by Iran's border guards, with some of them beaten and tortured.

Afghanistan has recovered 18 bodies of migrants who were allegedly beaten and tortured before being forced into a river by Iranian border guards last week, a senior Afghan official said on Friday.

Afghan authorities are investigating claims the migrants drowned while illegally crossing into neighbouring Iran from the western Herat province.

"Out of 55 Afghan migrants who were forced into the river, we have so far recovered 18 bodies," Abdul Ghani Noori, the governor of Gulran district bordering Iran, told AFP news agency.

He said six migrants were still missing while others survived. The bodies "bear signs of beating and torture," Noori said.

"Based on the accounts of survivors and the marks on the bodies of the victims, they were first lashed with wire cables by the Iranian border guards and then forced at gunpoint to jump into the river," he said.

Afghanistan's Independent Human Rights Commission said last week the Iranian guards made the migrants cross the Harirud river and "as a result, a number of them drowned".

Iranian authorities have dismissed the claims, saying the incident occurred inside Afghanistan's territory.
The United States, which frequently trades threats with Iran and has imposed strict sanctions on the country, has backed the Kabul administration's decision to investigate the incident.

"Iran's cruel treatment and abuse of Afghan migrants alleged in these reports is horrifying," US Acting Assistant Secretary for South Asia Alice Wells said on Twitter earlier this week.
"Those found guilty of such abuse must be held accountable."
Between 1.5 million and three million Afghan refugees are living and working in Iran, most of them as wage labourers on construction projects.

Tens of thousands returned to Afghanistan after the coronavirus outbreak, but as restrictions ease in badly hit Iran, many are again seeking work there.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/05/bodies-beaten-tortured-afghans-recovered-iran-border-200508144011710.html?

Re: Bodies Of 'beaten And Tortured' Afghans Recovered At Iran Border by Angbakpa(m): 8:28am On May 09, 2020
7g
Re: Bodies Of 'beaten And Tortured' Afghans Recovered At Iran Border by Holumhidey(m): 8:31am On May 09, 2020
I would have made ftc if not for that monkey, sorry moniker that commented before me.....
Re: Bodies Of 'beaten And Tortured' Afghans Recovered At Iran Border by espn(m): 8:33am On May 09, 2020
Man's inhumanity to Man...
Re: Bodies Of 'beaten And Tortured' Afghans Recovered At Iran Border by chatinent: 8:34am On May 09, 2020
Bodies?
Re: Bodies Of 'beaten And Tortured' Afghans Recovered At Iran Border by Angbakpa(m): 8:35am On May 09, 2020
Holumhidey:
I would have made ftc if not for that monkey, sorry moniker that commented before me.....

Hahahogogo......I laugh in Chinese
Re: Bodies Of 'beaten And Tortured' Afghans Recovered At Iran Border by ojun50(m): 8:36am On May 09, 2020
Ok
Re: Bodies Of 'beaten And Tortured' Afghans Recovered At Iran Border by Daddysidhan: 8:44am On May 09, 2020
Oga of the Islamic jihadist dermmy come and see what your harsh enemy America has done again
Re: Bodies Of 'beaten And Tortured' Afghans Recovered At Iran Border by ObaOfUyo: 9:36am On May 09, 2020
[s]
Holumhidey:
[/s]
Of what use is the FTC to your life, that you calling someone a monkey
Re: Bodies Of 'beaten And Tortured' Afghans Recovered At Iran Border by Originality007: 11:09am On May 10, 2020
Daddysidhan:
Oga of the Islamic jihadist dermmy come and see what your harsh enemy America has done again

You can't see dermmy kemicalreact and his fellow America/Israelie haters in this kind of thread. Cos is not in favour of Iran. But if is america or Israel that commit this kind of evil, U will see dem calling lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Bodies Of 'beaten And Tortured' Afghans Recovered At Iran Border by kemicalreact: 12:00pm On May 10, 2020
Originality007:

You can't see der.mmy kemicalreact and his fellow America/Israelie haters in this kind of thread. Cos is not in favour of Iran. But if is america or Israel that commit this kind of evil, U will see dem calling lalasticlala
Dude! What the fvck is wrong with you Who told you I hate Israel
Re: Bodies Of 'beaten And Tortured' Afghans Recovered At Iran Border by kemicalreact: 12:03pm On May 10, 2020
Daddysidhan:
He's stating facts, instead of you guys to counter points objectively, you resort to cheap blackmail by calling him a Muslim, while asslicking your jewish masters in the Middle East. Are you guys this dumb

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tension Between North Korea And US Escalates Over Malicious Cyber Attack / White People Never Had Any Civilization / Biden: Putin Is A ‘killer’, Russia To ‘pay’ For Election Meddling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.