Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,759 members, 7,851,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:01 AM

My Clash With Obj, A Closed Issue - Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Clash With Obj, A Closed Issue - Fayose (503 Views)

Was OBJ a better President? / Bakare's Interview With Punch. Did He Just Call OBJ A Demon?? / Ibb And Obj, A Joke Or What? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Clash With Obj, A Closed Issue - Fayose by Ovularia: 11:42am On Dec 15, 2010
My clash with OBJ, a closed issue - Fayose

Written by Christian Okeke, Abuja

Wednesday, 15 December 2010

Former governor of Ekiti State, Mr Ayo Fayose, on Tuesday, told the Nigerian Tribune that the issue regarding the recent altercation between him and former President Olusegun Obasanjo at Okuku in Osun State, during the thanksgiving reception in honour of the former governor of the state, Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola, was now a closed issue to him.

This is just as he called on his brothers who have been making statements on the matter to “allow sleeping dog to lie.”

The former governor’s reaction came as his family, on Monday, insisted that it deserved unreserved apology from Obasanjo over the incident.

The immediate younger brother of the former governor, Mr Abimbola Fayose, had stated that the family stood by the former governor and his judgment at all times, insisting that Obasanjo did not have any right whatsoever to call “our son and brother a bastard which every Yoruba man will react to if in Fayose’s shoes.”

He maintained that the former president deserved what he got, as according to him, a man in glass house must not throw stones.

In his words: “While I agree that elders deserve respect, not all elders are responsible and, therefore, do not deserve to be called elders simply because they wear grey hairs without inward maturity.

“If our younger brother in the PDP wants PDP nomination, he should earn same through the people’s mandate in his constituency and not through his unwarranted apology to Obasanjo.”

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/14793-my-clash-with-obj-a-closed-issue-fayose
Re: My Clash With Obj, A Closed Issue - Fayose by icare1: 12:16pm On Dec 15, 2010
OBJ who does he respect.

evil that men do. . .

(1) (Reply)

Ribadu's Qoute / Abuja Bombing / Quit Complaining Profer Solutions For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.