Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

INEC Declares PDP Duoye Diri Winner Of Bayelsa State Guber Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Declares PDP Duoye Diri Winner Of Bayelsa State Guber Election (1386 Views)

INEC Announces PDP's Diri Winner Of Bayelsa Governorship Election 2023 / Flood: Jonathan Now An IDP - Bayelsa Governor, Duoye Diri / INEC Declares PDP’s Duoye Diri Winner Of Bayelsa Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Declares PDP Duoye Diri Winner Of Bayelsa State Guber Election by AuthenticNG: 11:59am On Feb 14, 2020

MEDIA BRIEFING BY THE CHAIRMAN, INDEPENDENT NATIONAL ELECTORAL COMMISSION (INEC), PROFESSOR MAHMOOD YAKUBU, ON THE JUDGEMENT OF THE SUPREME COURT ON _ THE BAYELSA

GOVERNORSHIP ELECTION HELD AT THE CONFERENCE ROOM, INEC HEADOUARTERS, ABUJA, ON FRIDAY 14°" FEBRUARY 2020

Honourable National Commissioners, Secretary to the Commission, Directors, The Media, Ladies and Gentlemen

welcome you all to this briefing. As you are aware, the Supreme Court of Nigeria yesterday delivered a judgement in a pre-election suit on the Bayelsa State Governorship election held on 16 November 2019. The Commission has received the Certified True Copy (CTC) of the judgement of the apex court which disqualified the Deputy Governorship candidate and vitiated the joint ticket of the party earlier declared winner in the election. The Court also ordered the Commission to “...declare as winner of the Governorship election in Bayelsa State the candidate with the highest number of lawful votes cast with the requisite constitutional (or geographical spread)”.

In compliance with the orders of the Supreme Court, the Commission met this morning and reviewed the result of the election in which 45 political parties contested.

Without the votes scored by the All Progressives Congress (APC), whose candidates were deemed not to have participated in the election, the total number of lawful and valid votes cast in the election now stand at 146,999. Out of this figure, the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) scored the highest number of lawful votes with 143,172. Similarly, the Party has scored more than 25% of the lawful votes cast in all the eight (cool Local Government Areas of the State.

Furthermore, the total number of registered voters in places where election was not held or cancelled as a result of sundry violations is 90,822. The candidate of the Accord party has the next highest score with 1,339 votes. The margin of lead between the candidates of the PDP and the Accord party is 141,833 votes. With this outcome, the

election is conclusive at first ballot Consequently, Senator Douye Diri AND Senator Lawrence Ewhrudjakpo of the PDP are hereby declared winners and returned elected as Governor and Deputy Governor of Bayelsa State respectively.

The detailed result will be shared with you at this briefing and uploaded on the Commission's website and social media platforms shortly. The Commission is aware that the tenure of the incumbent Governor of Bayelsa

State ends at midnight today Friday 14"* February 2020. Therefore, in fulfillment of the requirement of Section 75 of the Electoral Act 2010 (as amended), the Certificates of Return to the Governor and Deputy Governor-elect will be presented to them immediately as ordered by the Supreme Court.

I thank you for your presence.

SOURCE: https://authenticng.com/inec-declare-pdp-duoye-diri-winner-of-bayelsa-state-guber-election/
Re: INEC Declares PDP Duoye Diri Winner Of Bayelsa State Guber Election by helinues: 11:59am On Feb 14, 2020
Put credible source
Re: INEC Declares PDP Duoye Diri Winner Of Bayelsa State Guber Election by Ezeakanobi: 12:00pm On Feb 14, 2020
Congratulations to him

Eating soup he didn't cook

1 Like

Re: INEC Declares PDP Duoye Diri Winner Of Bayelsa State Guber Election by Feemmy(m): 12:01pm On Feb 14, 2020
Congratulations to him
Re: INEC Declares PDP Duoye Diri Winner Of Bayelsa State Guber Election by tinsel: 12:01pm On Feb 14, 2020
Ezeakanobi:
Congratulations to him

It is true. Just saw it in tvc news
Re: INEC Declares PDP Duoye Diri Winner Of Bayelsa State Guber Election by PaChukwudi44(m): 12:01pm On Feb 14, 2020
I hope Garfield will survive this lol

2 Likes

Re: INEC Declares PDP Duoye Diri Winner Of Bayelsa State Guber Election by Larryfest(m): 12:03pm On Feb 14, 2020
Osho Baba should be booted out of APC.... He seems to be a very stupid chairman.
Re: INEC Declares PDP Duoye Diri Winner Of Bayelsa State Guber Election by kiyosaki1(m): 12:04pm On Feb 14, 2020
Congrats . Destiny can only be delayed but cannot be change . The apc next time should learn to abide by the rule .

1 Like

Re: INEC Declares PDP Duoye Diri Winner Of Bayelsa State Guber Election by DCmonster: 12:05pm On Feb 14, 2020
helinues:
Put credible source
Put it for him na!
Re: INEC Declares PDP Duoye Diri Winner Of Bayelsa State Guber Election by kiyosaki1(m): 12:06pm On Feb 14, 2020
helinues:
Put credible source

Sorry .
Re: INEC Declares PDP Duoye Diri Winner Of Bayelsa State Guber Election by Cyberterror: 12:08pm On Feb 14, 2020
PaChukwudi44:
If you could survive Onnoghen and Atiku defeats, I think he can cheesygrin
Re: INEC Declares PDP Duoye Diri Winner Of Bayelsa State Guber Election by vicdom(m): 12:08pm On Feb 14, 2020
PaChukwudi44:
I swear. I used to take the guy seriously before in his political punditry until this current judgement by SC and his position in it. That guy is a stanch APC apologist and never new all his previous punditry were based on emotions and sentiments. He has clearly exposed himself big time.

1 Like

Re: INEC Declares PDP Duoye Diri Winner Of Bayelsa State Guber Election by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 12:09pm On Feb 14, 2020
Good decision,congrats
Re: INEC Declares PDP Duoye Diri Winner Of Bayelsa State Guber Election by PaChukwudi44(m): 12:10pm On Feb 14, 2020
Cyberterror:
If you could survive Onnoghen and Atiku defeats, I think he can cheesygrin
Garfield is not me
Re: INEC Declares PDP Duoye Diri Winner Of Bayelsa State Guber Election by Bugatie(m): 12:10pm On Feb 14, 2020
APC should eschew hypocrisy and adopt all the advice they gave PDP during Ihedioha debacle.

One good turn ......
Re: INEC Declares PDP Duoye Diri Winner Of Bayelsa State Guber Election by deboysben(m): 12:10pm On Feb 14, 2020
Children of hate oya ooooo
Re: INEC Declares PDP Duoye Diri Winner Of Bayelsa State Guber Election by Racoon(m): 12:11pm On Feb 14, 2020
shocked
Re: INEC Declares PDP Duoye Diri Winner Of Bayelsa State Guber Election by johnmartus(m): 12:11pm On Feb 14, 2020
looting just started. Useless country. i don't even know how i find myself in this fantastically corrupted country. no hope no future. Thunder fire you all. its shall never well with you politicians
Re: INEC Declares PDP Duoye Diri Winner Of Bayelsa State Guber Election by donveekings: 12:12pm On Feb 14, 2020
PaChukwudi44:
He is permitted to use sniper!
Re: INEC Declares PDP Duoye Diri Winner Of Bayelsa State Guber Election by Cyberterror: 12:14pm On Feb 14, 2020
PaChukwudi44:

Garfield is not me
What makes you think you are stronger than him? The same way you carried Onnoghen and Atiku on your head is how he carried his own.
Re: INEC Declares PDP Duoye Diri Winner Of Bayelsa State Guber Election by kingdomexploits(m): 12:14pm On Feb 14, 2020
Bayelsa people after the Supreme Court judgement ordering PDP winner of the governorship election, not APC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mel0C13Cx84
Re: INEC Declares PDP Duoye Diri Winner Of Bayelsa State Guber Election by Ayed44: 12:15pm On Feb 14, 2020
Ezeakanobi:
Congratulations to him

He actually cooked the soup.

If he had not contested and campaigned, he would not have been declared the winner today.

1 Like

Re: INEC Declares PDP Duoye Diri Winner Of Bayelsa State Guber Election by kingdomexploits(m): 12:19pm On Feb 14, 2020
Ahead of swearing in of new governor in Bayelsa tomorrow, people are now removing all APC flags in the state. Congratulations to pdp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO0hnHgdKqw
Re: INEC Declares PDP Duoye Diri Winner Of Bayelsa State Guber Election by AuthenticNG: 12:25pm On Feb 14, 2020
UPDATED
Re: INEC Declares PDP Duoye Diri Winner Of Bayelsa State Guber Election by ruggedtimi(m): 12:26pm On Feb 14, 2020
so the people votes never count
Re: INEC Declares PDP Duoye Diri Winner Of Bayelsa State Guber Election by AuthenticNG: 12:27pm On Feb 14, 2020
Fully updated now
Re: INEC Declares PDP Duoye Diri Winner Of Bayelsa State Guber Election by Yorubasareslave: 12:28pm On Feb 14, 2020
grin
Ezeakanobi:
Congratulations to him

grin
Re: INEC Declares PDP Duoye Diri Winner Of Bayelsa State Guber Election by Buharidgeneral: 12:43pm On Feb 14, 2020
The guy looks like Alamesyia
Re: INEC Declares PDP Duoye Diri Winner Of Bayelsa State Guber Election by Buharidgeneral: 12:44pm On Feb 14, 2020
The guy looks like Alamesyia

Hope you are not thinking what I am thinking

(1) (Reply)

Looking For Information On Col. Rudolf Trimnell / Where Is Fashola? / President Buhari Split Nigeria Now, Disaster Is Coming - Pastor Adewale Giwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.