Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,981 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

Nigerian Parents Paid Rick Ross $100,000 To Attend Son's Birthday - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Parents Paid Rick Ross $100,000 To Attend Son's Birthday (8674 Views)

What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians / New Video: P-square – Beautiful Onyinye Ft. Rick Ross. [download] + Audio / Rick Ross Is Dope! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Parents Paid Rick Ross $100,000 To Attend Son's Birthday by Bamsyle2(m): 11:52pm On Dec 16, 2010
For all those asking "is it your money"?? . . . I might as well hire Al Qaeda to bomb y'all villages tomorrow . . .

I guess everything's all about money, huh??
Re: Nigerian Parents Paid Rick Ross $100,000 To Attend Son's Birthday by eldee(m): 11:57pm On Dec 16, 2010
Bamsyle.:

For all those asking "is it your money"?? . . . I might as well hire Al Qaeda to bomb y'all villages tomorrow . . .

I guess everything's all about money, huh??

Talk of disproportionate.
Isn't that like erm . . .illegal. tongue tongue
Re: Nigerian Parents Paid Rick Ross $100,000 To Attend Son's Birthday by Idowuogbo(f): 12:05am On Dec 17, 2010
^abi o
i mean common on!!!, i love ricky but his presence was so not necessary whoever d kiddies parents  are EFCC ought to b payin dem a visit ,am sure d kid cant even mime any of rickis song sef , 9ja and swagga sha
Re: Nigerian Parents Paid Rick Ross $100,000 To Attend Son's Birthday by Bamsyle2(m): 12:29am On Dec 17, 2010
eldee:

Talk of disproportionate.
Isn't that like erm . . .illegal. tongue tongue

Well, glad you know how to sing a different tune . . . tongue

It's a simple case of misplaced priorities, period.
Re: Nigerian Parents Paid Rick Ross $100,000 To Attend Son's Birthday by eldee(m): 12:33am On Dec 17, 2010
Bamsyle.:

Well, glad you know how to sing a different tune . . . tongue

It's a simple case of misplaced priorities, period.

It's not your money . . . and you saying you want to hire Osama to blow up a village is extreme and unreasonable.
They have the right to do whatever they want with their money as long as it is legal.

If you think they stole money, go call EFCC.
Re: Nigerian Parents Paid Rick Ross $100,000 To Attend Son's Birthday by 04kaa: 9:16am On Dec 17, 2010
eldee:

It's not your money . . . and you saying you want to hire Osama to blow up a village is extreme and unreasonable.
They have the right to do whatever they want with their money as long as it is legal.

LOL[size=38pt][/size]
Re: Nigerian Parents Paid Rick Ross $100,000 To Attend Son's Birthday by Bamsyle2(m): 10:01am On Dec 17, 2010
eldee:

You raised the issue of legality, I didn't.

The issue here is using money as the yardstick for doing or not doing anything . . . if e'rrthing should be about money, then Abacha was perfectly sane when he flew in p[/i]rostitute[i]s to suck his d[/i]ci[i]k . . . afterall, it ain't your money . . . and it ain't illegal  tongue

I'm not arguing about legality or morality here . . . I'm just saying - when issues like this are raised, it's plain dumb to say things like ''is it your money''??
Re: Nigerian Parents Paid Rick Ross $100,000 To Attend Son's Birthday by 04kaa: 10:47am On Dec 17, 2010
Bamsyle.:

I'm not arguing about legality or morality here . . . I'm just saying - when issues like this are raised, it's plain dumb to say things like ''is it your money''??

abio cheesy can u imagine all ofthem shouting is it ur money,,,,/? so if someone steals 200000dollars, na is it ur money una go talk?
Re: Nigerian Parents Paid Rick Ross $100,000 To Attend Son's Birthday by eldee(m): 1:34pm On Dec 17, 2010
Bamsyle.:

The issue here is using money as the yardstick for doing or not doing anything . . . if e'rrthing should be about money, then Abacha was perfectly sane when he flew in p[/i]rostitute[i]s to suck his d[/i]ci[i]k . . . afterall, it ain't your money . . . and it ain't illegal  tongue

The thing is . . . when you have your money, you earn the right to be unreasonable with it as long as you don't do sumn illegal or affect other people's enjoyment of their rights.
So the 'is it your money' phrase applies, it simply means mind your own business.

And yeah, Abacha flying in Indian prostitutes is understandable. . . he needed to feel young, he did, it's not in my place to tell a guy what to do with his dick.
Re: Nigerian Parents Paid Rick Ross $100,000 To Attend Son's Birthday by lalaboi(m): 2:24pm On Dec 17, 2010
Magas!
Re: Nigerian Parents Paid Rick Ross $100,000 To Attend Son's Birthday by 04kaa: 2:37pm On Dec 17, 2010
lalaboi:

Magas!
na real maga, rick ross catch the boi papa maga
grin
eldee:

The thing is . . . when you have your money, you earn the right to be unreasonable with it

And yeah, Abacha flying in Indian love-peddlers is understandable. . . he needed to feel young, he did, it's not in my place to tell a guy what to do with his dick.

well thats true eldee, but abacha died on the pussssiiiii, so how can u say is it his money, we all know it wsnt abacha's money but naijas money

the boys father is wrong, what kinda training are u giving the small boi in this land of poverty??
Re: Nigerian Parents Paid Rick Ross $100,000 To Attend Son's Birthday by rapjunkie(m): 2:42pm On Dec 17, 2010
YES!!!. . . . #itismymoney

if it aint, then why the parents no wan reveal themselves?
Re: Nigerian Parents Paid Rick Ross $100,000 To Attend Son's Birthday by audio: 2:57pm On Dec 17, 2010
eldee:

Eldee's way of thinking is a pointer to everything that is wrong with Nigeria. Nobody who legitimately earned 100,000 dollars will blow it on bringing Rick Ross to a 10years olds birthday party. The money is obviously looted.

I don't know how old Eldee is, but i'm assuming he's a young guy. The next generation. Nigeria truly has no future. Very sad
Re: Nigerian Parents Paid Rick Ross $100,000 To Attend Son's Birthday by Ibime(m): 3:04pm On Dec 17, 2010
No mind Eldee. He is studying in UK on our money, thats why he doesnt want to throw stones. cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Parents Paid Rick Ross $100,000 To Attend Son's Birthday by Mobinga: 3:15pm On Dec 17, 2010
Someone who EARNS his money wouldn't spend $100k on an artiste to perform an a 10 yr old's party, unless he is stupidly rich. . .And that might be the case here
Re: Nigerian Parents Paid Rick Ross $100,000 To Attend Son's Birthday by audio: 3:17pm On Dec 17, 2010
Mobinga:

Someone who EARNS his money wouldn't spend $100k on an artiste to perform an a 10 yr old's party, unless he is stupidly rich. . .And that might be the case here

Possible, but unlikely
Re: Nigerian Parents Paid Rick Ross $100,000 To Attend Son's Birthday by eldee(m): 3:52pm On Dec 17, 2010
audio:

Eldee's way of thinking is a pointer to everything that is wrong with Nigeria. Nobody who legitimately earned 100,000 dollars will blow it on bringing Rick Ross to a 10years olds birthday party. The money is obviously looted.

I don't know how old Eldee is, but i'm assuming he's a young guy. The next generation. Nigeria truly has no future. Very sad

Hehehe . . . let's throw personal attacks at people and ignore the matter at hand, you learn to drop that B.S in Uni don't you??
It's simple if you're older than I am, your mentality brought Nigeria to the state it is now. . . and you sir, are a disgrace to Nigeria.

No one who legitimately earn their money will spend it on Ricky?? You obviously don't know what you're talking about.
People have different opinions on things?? How is this any different from the guys that spend £5mil on a painting?? Or Elton John that spent £250,000 on one day of Gucci shopping on clothes he'll prolly only wear once??
Is it safe to say that Elton John hasn't earned his money??

Is it looted?? I don't know, I don't even know the guys . . . now should they have spent that much money on Rosay?? Ionno, I'd have preferred Kanye. grin grin
But it's simple, it's not my job to make decisions on how people spend their money. . . it's not my business, and even if they stole the money, the theft is the problem not Ricky.
So you can sit there and cry behind your screen about other people's problems, you are not my problem.
Re: Nigerian Parents Paid Rick Ross $100,000 To Attend Son's Birthday by tosinaded(m): 4:00pm On Dec 17, 2010
Poverty mentality! its crazy mehn, and it affects me also!
we av to be rich, before our mindset can change i swear!
not every1 that spends money anyhow is a thief. . . . . . . . we need to understand that.

aint sayn the guy's parents are thieves or not o. . . . just tut i chip that in, cos of the likes of audio lipsrsealed

audio:

Re: Nigerian Parents Paid Rick Ross $100,000 To Attend Son's Birthday by Basildon1(m): 4:02pm On Dec 17, 2010
Na wa o, legit or not legit, i think i still stick with the main point, #IsItReallyYourMoney

Would it have been better if the LOOTED money was spent WISELY? Honestly, some preachy posts here are just plain ridiculous.

Money is spent in relation to what you have. I may buy a Gucci timepiece for £695 and you buy a Timex for £40. They both tell time but I can afford more. Some people rent cheap clowns for their kid's b'day, someone rents Rick Ross. Different strokes, deal with it!!
Re: Nigerian Parents Paid Rick Ross $100,000 To Attend Son's Birthday by eldee(m): 4:07pm On Dec 17, 2010
Basildon1:

Na wa o, legit or not legit, i think i still stick with the main point, #IsItReallyYourMoney

Would it have been better if the LOOTED money was spent WISELY? Honestly, some preachy posts here are just plain ridiculous.

Money is spent in relation to what you have. I may buy a Gucci timepiece for £695 and you buy a Timex for £40. They both tell time but I can afford more. Some people rent cheap clowns for their kid's b'day, someone rents Rick Ross. Different strokes, deal with it!!

Good question.

Ibime:

No mind Eldee. He is studying in UK on our money, thats why he doesnt want to throw stones. cheesy cheesy

Na wa ooh . . . so I looted your money too?? grin grin
Re: Nigerian Parents Paid Rick Ross $100,000 To Attend Son's Birthday by 04kaa: 4:08pm On Dec 17, 2010
Basildon1:

lmao, people don craze, are these the nigerians that will rule in the future  imagine eldee being nigerian preseidnet with this mentality, you all are in trouble, is it ur money, no it is our moneygrin grin  eldee oya tackle them
Re: Nigerian Parents Paid Rick Ross $100,000 To Attend Son's Birthday by tosinaded(m): 4:18pm On Dec 17, 2010
Basildon1:

define wisely abeg!
Re: Nigerian Parents Paid Rick Ross $100,000 To Attend Son's Birthday by audio: 4:24pm On Dec 17, 2010
eldee:

Hehehe . . . let's throw personal attacks at people and ignore the matter at hand, you learn to drop that B.S in Uni don't you??
It's simple if you're older than I am, your mentality brought Nigeria to the state it is now. . . and you sir, are a  disgrace to Nigeria.

No one who legitimately earn their money will spend it on Ricky?? You obviously don't know what you're talking about.
People have different opinions on things?? How is this any different from the guys that spend £5mil on a painting?? Or Elton John that spent £250,000 on one day of Gucci shopping on clothes he'll prolly only wear once??
Is it safe to say that Elton John hasn't earned his money??

Is it looted?? I don't know, I don't even know the guys . . . now should they have spent that much money on Rosay?? Ionno, I'd have preferred Kanye. grin grin
But it's simple, it's not my job to make decisions on how people spend their money. . . it's not my business, and even if they stole the money, the theft is the problem not Ricky.
So you can sit there and cry behind your screen about other people's problems, you are not my problem.

LOL, forum politics. I don't have poverty mentality, but if i had 100,000 dollars to spare, i know what i'll be doing with it. If he earned the money legitimately, and decided to spend it bringing Rick Ross (not Justin Beiber or Willow Smith or anyone remotely even more suitable), then he's an idiot. But hey, that's his choice. It's his money.

But my problem is, i'm sure it's looted money. Money that can be used to help the life of ordinary Nigerians, who don't have a pot to piss in.
But i'll bow out of this discussion now. Nigerians only think about Money. It's their God. Nothing else seems to matter.

I'm sure in a couple of years, Wikileaks will drop the story on who it was and you'll see for yourself.
Re: Nigerian Parents Paid Rick Ross $100,000 To Attend Son's Birthday by Basildon1(m): 4:30pm On Dec 17, 2010
tosinaded@:

define wisely abeg!
The point is whether a huge sum of money is spent on philantrophy/helping the needy OR a kid's party, it remains the choice of the owner to spend it how he wants. It doesnt even help that 90% of d time IN NAIJA, it wasnt hard earned

There are people earning little or nothing and  spend their lives going to underdeveloped countries to teach little children how to read. What makes you different from them - CHOICE! Shall I judge you based on that?
Re: Nigerian Parents Paid Rick Ross $100,000 To Attend Son's Birthday by tosinaded(m): 4:40pm On Dec 17, 2010
Basildon1:

There are people earning little or nothing and spend their lives going to underdeveloped countries to teach little children how to read. What makes you different from them - CHOICE! Shall I judge you based on that?

examples? people who earn little or nothing need help my friend! people who have more actually help them. . . . .

Basildon1:

The point is whether a huge sum of money is spent on philantrophy/helping the needy OR a kid's party, it remains the choice of the owner to spend it how he wants. It doesnt even help that 90% of d time IN NAIJA, it wasnt hard earned

who says money is meant for helping peeps alone? do u spend all ur money on philantrophic acts?
dont u spend the bulk of what u make on urself and people u love?

so because its 100k dollars, the owner wasted it?
i bought a shoe 6k yesterday and i was like damn thats a lot of money to sum people. . . . . . . those particular set of people will actually call me a thief, or call my father a thief, why? becos they see 6k as big money thats shouldnt be wasted on a shoe!

thats life for u, the more u make the more u spend. . the more ur taste of things!
at a stage in life u look for the cheapest, the more u make money, u begin to feel like if its not expensive then its fake or substandard!
Re: Nigerian Parents Paid Rick Ross $100,000 To Attend Son's Birthday by eldee(m): 4:49pm On Dec 17, 2010
audio:

LOL, forum politics. I don't have poverty mentality, but if i had 100,000 dollars to spare, i know what i'll be doing with it. If he earned the money legitimately, and decided to spend it bringing Rick Ross (not Justin Beiber or Willow Smith or anyone remotely even more suitable), then he's an . But hey, that's his choice. It's his money.

But my problem is, i'm sure it's looted money. Money that can be used to help the life of ordinary Nigerians, who don't have a pot to piss in.
But i'll bow out of this discussion now. Nigerians only think about Money. It's their God. Nothing else seems to matter.

I'm sure in a couple of years, Wikileaks will drop the story on who it was and you'll see for yourself.

You are not sure of anything . . . you're not sure if that was even paid for or just Rick Ross granting a special request, you're not sure who the parents are, you're not sure of what the person does for his money, and you're not sure if it's a birthday or just a visit . . . and RJ, you're not sure Wikileaks will bring a report on them in three years too . . . so shut the eff up bout that.

And this is where you get it wrong, money isn't my God, choice is.
Re: Nigerian Parents Paid Rick Ross $100,000 To Attend Son's Birthday by Basildon1(m): 4:52pm On Dec 17, 2010
tosinaded@:

examples? people who earn little or nothing need help my friend! people who have more actually help them. . . . .

who says money is meant for helping peeps alone? do u spend all your money on philantrophic acts?
dont u spend the bulk of what u make on urself and people u love?

so because its 100k dollars, the owner wasted it?
i bought a shoe 6k yesterday and i was like damn thats a lot of money to sum people. . . . . . . those particular set of people will actually call me a thief, or call my father a thief, why? becos they see 6k as big money thats shouldnt be wasted on a shoe!

thats life for u, the more u make the more u spend. . the more your taste of things!
at a stage in life u look for the cheapest, the more u make money, u begin to feel like if its not expensive then its fake or substandard!

You are either agreeing with me or I cant get the picture here. Cos you are  re-echoing my previous point. Gucci vs Timex
I'm saying money can be spent on anything the owner likes. I wouldnt judge any1 who spends lavishly on his kids irrespective of the source.
Re: Nigerian Parents Paid Rick Ross $100,000 To Attend Son's Birthday by tosinaded(m): 4:55pm On Dec 17, 2010
Basildon1:

You are either agreeing with me or I cant get the picture here. Cos you are re-echoing my previous point. Gucci vs Timex
I'm saying money can be spent on anything the owner likes. I wouldnt judge any1 who spends lavishly on his kids irrespective of the source.

good. . . . .
Re: Nigerian Parents Paid Rick Ross $100,000 To Attend Son's Birthday by Ibime(m): 5:02pm On Dec 17, 2010
Let's get one thing straight.

Someone who spends 100k for a peerformer to attend a ten year olds birthday obviously has hundreds of millions.

We know those in our political and economic sphere who are worth such amount. There are a limited bunch, and we all know them by name.

Even the "cleanest" of these hundred millionaires/billionaires such as Adenuga and Jimoh Ibrahim have detailed history as political rentiers ie (people who collect rents from the Nations resources). Dangote et al likewise. Most of their businesses are based on procurement and waivers from Government.

So please don't ask us if it is our money cos it IS our money.

Show me a nucca in Nigeria who made close to a billion dollars just by marketing products and I WILL SAY FAIR PLAY if he obscenely spend $100k on Ricky Rozay.
Re: Nigerian Parents Paid Rick Ross $100,000 To Attend Son's Birthday by tosinaded(m): 5:06pm On Dec 17, 2010
Ibime:

Let's get one thing straight.

Someone who spends 100k for a peerformer to attend a ten year olds birthday obviously has hundreds of millions.

We know those in our political and economic sphere who are worth such amount. There are a limited bunch, and we all know them by name.

Even the "cleanest" of these hundred millionaires/billionaires such as Adenuga and Jimoh Ibrahim have detailed history as political rentiers ie (people who collect rents from the Nations resources). Dangote et al likewise. Most of their businesses are based on procurement and waivers from Government.

So please don't ask us if it is our money cos it IS our money.

Show me a nucca in Nigeria who made close to a billion dollars just by marketing products and I WILL SAY FAIR PLAY if he obscenely spend $100k on Ricky Rozay.

contradiction!

we obviously dont know the father of this boy, yet him na billionaire!
Re: Nigerian Parents Paid Rick Ross $100,000 To Attend Son's Birthday by Ibime(m): 5:20pm On Dec 17, 2010
@ Tosinadeda,

If you can't deduce that this boys father is worth at least a few hundred million, you need to go and repeat your NYSC in Borno State. Hehehehehehe.

Some peops may be worth 20m and will not have the free cash flow to produce 1milla in cash. Anybody who would produce 100k in cash on top a 10 year old bois head has some tens of milla in liquid form.
Re: Nigerian Parents Paid Rick Ross $100,000 To Attend Son's Birthday by tosinaded(m): 5:23pm On Dec 17, 2010
ure missing the point . . . . lol
u said there are only a few wiv so much money in naija, and we know them!
so how come no1 knows dis guy's father?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Nigerians Do Not Know About The Bet Cypher? - Save Nigerian Hip Hop / Artist And Platinum Sales In Nigeria: How Are These Figures Collected / Illuminati Songs: 33 Lyrics About The Secret Society

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.