Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,520 members, 7,812,624 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

Leak Between Transmission And Transfer Case Lexus - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Leak Between Transmission And Transfer Case Lexus (2736 Views)

Manual Transmission And Leg Pains / Cheapest Scanner For Abs, Transmission And SRS Code / Ending The War Between Automatic Transmission And Manual Transmission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leak Between Transmission And Transfer Case Lexus by Whynow(m): 5:28pm On Feb 15, 2020
The tranny WS fluid is seeping and I am not someone who dilikes oil drips.
I have requested the transmission be dropped and leak fixed asap.
Of course the precautionary measures like 1 to 2 days for tranny to cool e.t.c

Pls what seals could be responsible?

I read there is an output shaft seal on the transmission and an input shaft seal on transfer case.

History ...the transmission failed and replaced 2018, reason for rtv glue you see

Re: Leak Between Transmission And Transfer Case Lexus by Nobody: 6:59pm On Feb 15, 2020
Like play like play Lexus reliability debunked minute by minute...

Las las everybody will be alright

2 Likes

Re: Leak Between Transmission And Transfer Case Lexus by Whynow(m): 7:05pm On Feb 15, 2020
Smartchoiice:

Yea , even latest models plagued with issues. Well seals can fail for high mileage vehicles....... all vehicles

1 Like

Re: Leak Between Transmission And Transfer Case Lexus by KINGreignn: 7:33pm On Feb 15, 2020
Whynow:
The tranny WS fluid is seeping and I am not someone who dilikes oil drips.
I have requested the transmission be dropped and leak fixed asap.
Of course the precautionary measures like 1 to 2 days for tranny to cool e.t.c

Pls what seals could be responsible?

I read there is an output shaft seal on the transmission and an input shaft seal on transfer case.

History ...the transmission failed and replaced 2018, reason for rtv glue you see

Your mechanic didn't do the right thing hence the leaks. By the way, what caused the transmission failure earlier on?

Also, what model Lexus?
Re: Leak Between Transmission And Transfer Case Lexus by Fentanyl: 8:07pm On Feb 15, 2020
[s]

Smartchoiice:

[/s]

still far more reliable than any rusted junk merzedes has to offer

2 Likes

Re: Leak Between Transmission And Transfer Case Lexus by Nobody: 8:15pm On Feb 15, 2020
Whynow:

Yea , even latest models plagued with issues. Well seals can fail for high mileage vehicles....... all vehicles
True that
Re: Leak Between Transmission And Transfer Case Lexus by Whynow(m): 8:31pm On Feb 15, 2020
KINGreignn:

Your mechanic didn't do the right thing hence the leaks. By the way, what caused the transmission failure earlier on?

Also, what model Lexus?

07 rx350 ...but that's past now, transmission fail even on new cars.pls provide answers to my questions on seals if you don't mind. smiley
Re: Leak Between Transmission And Transfer Case Lexus by KINGreignn: 10:06pm On Feb 15, 2020
Whynow:

07 rx350 ...but that's past now, transmission fail even on new cars.pls provide answers to my questions on seals if you don't mind. smiley
If you're sure it's the transmission that's leaking and not engine oil seal compromised, I fear for your car. That's said, over time due to age and wear and tear and also heat and cooling cycle they could get degraded. If you're not observing any flares or any driveability issues, replace the seals before it gets to the point of no return.
Re: Leak Between Transmission And Transfer Case Lexus by KINGreignn: 10:07pm On Feb 15, 2020
Whynow:

Older lexus are no where nearly as reliable as modern Lexus.
This I know for sure.
Re: Leak Between Transmission And Transfer Case Lexus by KINGreignn: 10:08pm On Feb 15, 2020
Smartchoiice:

Ahahahahahaha if Forbes and jdpower surveys and consumer reports could list Lexus as the most reliable cars who am I to argue with you egbon?
Ekaale sir!
Re: Leak Between Transmission And Transfer Case Lexus by Nobody: 10:45pm On Feb 15, 2020
KINGreignn:

Ahahahahahaha if Forbes and jdpower surveys and consumer reports could list Lexus as the most reliable cars who am I to argue with you egbon?
Ekaale sir!
Ekaale Sir

1 Like

Re: Leak Between Transmission And Transfer Case Lexus by Whynow(m): 7:07am On Feb 16, 2020
KINGreignn:

If you're sure it's the transmission that's leaking and not engine oil seal compromised, I fear for your car. That's said, over time due to age and wear and tear and also heat and cooling cycle they could get degraded. If you're not observing any flares or any driveability issues, replace the seals before it gets to the point of no return.

No flares, perfect shifting...
What seals exactly and where ?
Re: Leak Between Transmission And Transfer Case Lexus by KINGreignn: 12:29pm On Feb 16, 2020
Whynow:

No flares, perfect shifting...
What seals exactly and where ?
To find the seals, you must have the transmission unmated and brought down from the car. There's an out put shaft seal. There's the transmission pump seal too and also transfer case seal. Check this, and also while at it check the integrity of the seals on the engine. If possible, replace all.
Re: Leak Between Transmission And Transfer Case Lexus by Whynow(m): 12:51pm On Feb 16, 2020
KINGreignn:

To find the seals, you must have the transmission unmated and brought down from the car. There's an out put shaft seal. There's the transmission pump seal too and also transfer case seal. Check this, and also while at it check the integrity of the seals on the engine. If possible, replace all.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Leak Between Transmission And Transfer Case Lexus by KINGreignn: 12:52pm On Feb 16, 2020
Whynow:

Thank you
You're welcome.
Re: Leak Between Transmission And Transfer Case Lexus by weyreypey: 10:53pm On Apr 23, 2020

Legalwealth kind of issue

1 Like

Re: Leak Between Transmission And Transfer Case Lexus by Nonnyman45: 4:01pm On Apr 24, 2020
Pls house my es 350 2010 model is giving me small problems, the car will always jerk and will not select gear properly when ever i use it to go far place. Like from lagos to shagamu it will start jerking and it will not accelerate well, unless i off the engine and start it , it will start working well after a long distance it will start again. Pls what might be the cause. Thanks
Re: Leak Between Transmission And Transfer Case Lexus by ivoryhouse(m): 4:05pm On Apr 24, 2020
Nonnyman45:
Pls house my es 350 2010 model is giving me small problems, the car will always jerk and will not select gear properly when ever i use it to go far place. Like from lagos to shagamu it will start jerking and it will not accelerate well, unless i off the engine and start it , it will start working well after a long distance it will start again. Pls what might be the cause. Thanks

Create your own thread
Re: Leak Between Transmission And Transfer Case Lexus by teapot(m): 3:10am On Jul 15, 2023
Please have you found a solution? I'm currently having same issues.

(1) (Reply)

Need A Low Budget Vehicle For Farming / Information On Isuzu Rodeo 2001-2004 Model / Carburator Or Injector What's Your Take

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.