Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,902 members, 7,821,141 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa (33825 Views)

INEC Replies Oshiomhole: We Obeyed Supreme Court On Bayelsa Like We Did On Imo / We Will Comply With Supreme Court Judgement On Bayelsa — INEC / INEC's Press Release On Bayelsa And Kogi Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa by NGpatriot: 3:50pm On Feb 16, 2020
[s]
TUANKU:

INEC does not verify documents sir. That is the job of the screening committee of the party and the law courts.
[/s]

They do and I've shown you too many facts to prove it so if you're are still clueless and confused because you lack reading and comprehension skills, that's your problem.
Re: Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa by Jahkye: 3:50pm On Feb 16, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

They do and I've shown you too many facts to prove it so if you're are still clueless and confused because you lack reading and comprehension skills, that's your problem.
[/s]
Re: Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa by TUANKU(m): 3:51pm On Feb 16, 2020
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

Buffoon, go and read the electoral act.

1 Like

Re: Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa by NGpatriot: 3:56pm On Feb 16, 2020
[s]
TUANKU:

Buffoon, go and read the electoral act.
[/s]

Coming from another can't read and comprehend simple English illiterate.
Re: Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa by Jahkye: 3:57pm On Feb 16, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

[/s]
Re: Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa by TUANKU(m): 4:31pm On Feb 16, 2020
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

Go and read the electoral act, empty clout chaser.
You're not as intelligent as you think... farm tool.

1 Like

Re: Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa by Ilekokonit: 6:27pm On Feb 16, 2020
mushystuff:

It's only a clerical error that doesn't affect the substance of the judgement. Besides November 2020 has not happened so if APC decides to raise issues of that date beyond the correction of a mere typo, they'll have to explain why they were in court for elections that haven't even taken place!

Now that is a brilliant legal mind up there.
Re: Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa by Nobody: 7:18pm On Feb 16, 2020
It's a well staged, calculated mischievous political stunt against David Lyon that he and APC should not settle for nor fall prey to. Diri has no place in the picture, their lawyers should exploit the many loopholes in the SC judgement!
Unarguably, no certified evidence or established case of forgery, as a crime, exists. Inconsistency discrepancy or variation in names suffices not to render the certificates of Degi-Eremienyo or anyone invalid! David Lyon and APC should rise to the occasion, rise to the challenge, and reclaim their mandate! #NoRetreatNoSurrender
Re: Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa by bkool7(m): 7:49pm On Feb 16, 2020
fergie001:

Try reading through the thread, this was exhaustively explained earlier on.

I know the Constitution said the mandate is jointly given.
But a deficiency to either, especially when it's a deputy shouldn't negate the people's mandate.
Power belongs to the people and not to any constitution
Re: Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa by fergie001: 8:13pm On Feb 16, 2020
bkool7:

I know the Constitution said the mandate is jointly given.
But a deficiency to either, especially when it's a deputy shouldn't negate the people's mandate.
Power belongs to the people and not to any constitution
Then let's change it.

It was like that before we now changed it. What you are saying is that we have to change it again.

There would have been no Mandate because this matter came up before the elections. He was disqualified before the elections.
Re: Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa by cckalima: 4:40am On Feb 17, 2020
mushystuff:

Yes the court did. The high court already did actually and then the Supreme court affirmed the judgement of the high court while quashing that of the court of appeal.
The court stated clearly that only the issuing authority 9f a certificate has the power to correct or effect name changes if the owner of such certificate claims there was an error or something fundamental was added or remove. He didn't comply with that. i still hv issues wt the defense team, for me the SC did not establish any case of forgery here. its merely

Mis-arrangement is 'ABC'; CAB' for example. Meaning those same names will appear consistently but perhaps not on the same order. In this instance however, you have:
1. Degi Biobragha (First School Leaving Certificate)
2. Adegi Brokumo (WAEC/GCE)
3. Degi Biobarakuma Wanagwa (First Degree)

He then swears affidavits claiming his correct names are:
4. Biobarakuma Degi (9 Aug 2018)
5. Biobarakuma Wanagha Degi Eremienyo (18 Sept 2018)

How much consistency is there to these names? Why would 2 affidavits sworn within 1 month of each other have such differences in names when he isn't a woman that maybe got married and took on her husband's name?
i blaim the defense team. the sc could not establish a case of forgery here it only prempted that the multiple affidavits is an indication of a cover up somewhere and i think that premise is wrong. is there any law that restricts the number of affdvts one can swore to.only such law can invalidate multiple affdvt. in nigeria 5 men can father a child at different times. a woman marries a man has child leaves d man moves wt the child 2 anotha man leaves dt one 4 anotha, at each time d education of the child is sponsored by different men who wants the child 2 bear his name and sometimes gives the child his own name. this common in BY and elsewhere could this be the ordeal of DEGI. there is no prima facie established here. the sc acted on mere conjectures it could not prove the certificate does not belong to the same person nor that it was forged. there are windows of good defense 4 d defense team which i raised earlier including tracing the chronicles of the real ownership of d certificates 4m the issuing body. photographs attachd 2 form during enrolement and who signed at the point of collection of the certificate are all windows of defense to establsh if d certificate belongs to the same person. i think there is a lacuna in that judgement particularly that the plaintif could not establish a prima facie case here. the sc didnt look at the peoples mandate neither did they weigh the consequences and merits of the case a factos in delivering judgement. Degi is a victim of his recklessness or ignorance
Re: Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa by jom28gy(m): 8:24am On Feb 26, 2020
rewrite what your showing us here for easy understanding
Re: Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa by Yryme040(m): 2:57am On May 07, 2020
[/quote][quote author=fergie001 post=86690797]

Let me bring it down...
Leave this grammar..

INEC doesn't have the power to reject a nominated candidate of a political party even if he/she falters in any part of our constitution.. Only the Courts can.
It's well stated in Section 31 of the Electoral Act ammended 2010. So even if was wrong and INEC noticed it, they will do nothing about it.

Don't ever use an affidavit to suffice for any change in your certificate. Only the certification body has that right to correct whatever is wrong on your certificate.
There is nothing like it depends on the institution.
Be it waec, NYSC, neco, FSLC, first degree, masters, PhD whatever...

I repeat only the certification body can do that. Not just an affidavit.

Affidavit is one of the requirements you will take to the certification body to effect the correction but only the certification body...I repeat..only that certification body can make that correction.

Again, so the Supreme Court will begin to read the Registry Act there and probably tell who is a man and a woman. When Degi appeared everywhere, how did Adegi come about?

Why do you think he had two affidavits on same day?
You think he was stupid to do that?

His not naming the Notary Public, you think he was stupid about that?

You are even justifying it for him in your first answer.....what if there was an unnamed Notary Public (does that not give him away already)?

If Degi and Biobarakuma reflects consistently...how did Biobagha come in?

How did Biobakunmo reflect?

Please.

Haba
........EoD...let's give it up already, the man goofed!

hi I really wanted to ask about the rearngemnt of names, where the surname and middle names are switched on school documents.... Will an affidavit be OK.... Its urgent please
Re: Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa by fergie001: 9:03am On May 07, 2020
Yryme040:
hi I really wanted to ask about the rearngemnt of names, where the surname and middle names are switched on school documents.... Will an affidavit be OK.... Its urgent please
I have replied your mail.
Re: Full-text of the Supreme Court Judgement on Bayelsa by Yryme040(m): 5:40pm On May 07, 2020
fergie001:

I have replied your mail.
?
Thank you, I have seen it and replied.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

BBC Bandits Documentary: NBC Fines DSTV, Startimes And TSTV 5 Million Naira Each / Picture Of President Jonathan Watching The Match / 10 Things That Annoyed Buhari In 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.