Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,781 members, 7,831,515 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Bayelsa: Pack And Go, Another Man Is Coming - Mbaka To Diri Douye - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa: Pack And Go, Another Man Is Coming - Mbaka To Diri Douye (9762 Views)

APC Threatens To Report Mbaka To The Pope & To Expose Him / Obaseki Pays A Thank You Visit To Diri, Bayelsa Governor (Photos) / Fr Mbaka To Diri: You Will Govern Bayelsa For Only Two Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa: Pack And Go, Another Man Is Coming - Mbaka To Diri Douye by nzeobi(m): 8:10am On Feb 16, 2020
Olugbanko:
Father mbaka is totally right on this one! the law is clear to the effect that votes belong to political parties and not individuals. the most honourable thing justice odili and her fellow PDP judges should have done is to either declare David Lyon's runner up in the primaries winner or replace his deputy.
The supreme Court said apc does not have validly nominated candidate and mind you nomination is time bound.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa: Pack And Go, Another Man Is Coming - Mbaka To Diri Douye by fergie001: 8:11am On Feb 16, 2020
EagleNest:
The supreme Court ruling in Bayelsa get as I be grin. I would have thought the party won and not necessarily the candidates but again their is electoral rules prior to qualifying as a candidat. So how come INEC allowed APC to carry on with the election if the deputy's credentials are not right?
Go to this thread.......everything was well explained.
https://www.nairaland.com/5688987/full-text-supreme-court-judgement-bayelsa

Cc: Olugbanko kerzhim
Re: Bayelsa: Pack And Go, Another Man Is Coming - Mbaka To Diri Douye by Jones4190(m): 8:31am On Feb 16, 2020
there are lot of confusion in this case, you will recalled that the similar case happen In 1999 in Bauchi involving Gov. Adamu Muazu.
“The court found out that the running mate was not qualified for whatever reason to contest that election and accordingly the supreme court nullified the election of Gov Muazu.
“And the court as a consequence directed Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to conduct a fresh election, why is this one different?
Re: Bayelsa: Pack And Go, Another Man Is Coming - Mbaka To Diri Douye by babytoun: 8:51am On Feb 16, 2020
Olugbanko:
Father mbaka is totally right on this one! the law is clear to the effect that votes belong to political parties and not individuals. the most honourable thing justice odili and her fellow PDP judges should have done is to either declare David Lyon's runner up in the primaries winner or replace his deputy.

If this is the case why did Apc lose zamfara ?
Re: Bayelsa: Pack And Go, Another Man Is Coming - Mbaka To Diri Douye by candygist: 9:07am On Feb 16, 2020
BeeBeeOoh:
shocked

I hate it when people usually sit on the fence, Mbaka should just find 1 political party and register.

Well, I ain't a Bayelsan neither do i live in Bayelsa. The truth is that Dickson, PDP failed the people of Bayelsa big time that's why they voted APC but, supreme court decided to over-pepper their Bolanle embarassed What do i know undecided

Let me face our Obiano coz that man, That MAN angry

Just like Mbaka you are also sitting on the fence
Re: Bayelsa: Pack And Go, Another Man Is Coming - Mbaka To Diri Douye by ChristianNorth: 9:50am On Feb 16, 2020
BeeBeeOoh:
shocked

I hate it when people usually sit on the fence, Mbaka should just find 1 political party and register.

Well, I ain't a Bayelsan neither do i live in Bayelsa. The truth is that Dickson, PDP failed the people of Bayelsa big time that's why they voted APC but, supreme court decided to over-pepper their Bolanle embarassed What do i know undecided

You are not on ground.

Ijaw voted against PDP because of Urhobo blood in the PDP ticket.

It is never about Dickson

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa: Pack And Go, Another Man Is Coming - Mbaka To Diri Douye by ChristianNorth: 9:55am On Feb 16, 2020
Olugbanko:
You are right.

But APC didn't even run in the election according to our law. You guys should quit being sentimental

That ticket was infected meaning APC shouldn't have been in the ballot in the first place.

If there ticket was valid and the case was that of rightful candidate like in the case of Amechi vs Omehia then APC would have retained the seat.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa: Pack And Go, Another Man Is Coming - Mbaka To Diri Douye by oglalasioux(m): 10:10am On Feb 16, 2020
kerzhim:
This is so obvious, Supreme Court does not have the jurisdiction to take away people's mandate without their consent s. Bayelsans unanimously voted for APC.... I was so ashamed with the Supreme Court Judgement based on what the Nigeria constitution and INEC constitution says on how the mandate does not belong to individual but the party. The Apex Court should have ordered the party to produce a new candidate in place of the elected deputy or perhaps called for a new election.
In the case of Kogi State, when a Governor elect died before inauguration, APC as a party had to be ordered to produce another candidate. Why did they not give the mandate to PDP.
Nigeria constitution is just a mess.

Diri got over 140,000 votes. These were Bayelsa people not Fulani herdsmen.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa: Pack And Go, Another Man Is Coming - Mbaka To Diri Douye by Olugbanko: 11:35am On Feb 16, 2020
babytoun:

If this is the case why did Apc lose zamfara ?
APC lost zamfara because the party didn't vacate existing court injunction barring it from presenting candidates for the election.
Re: Bayelsa: Pack And Go, Another Man Is Coming - Mbaka To Diri Douye by Olugbanko: 11:39am On Feb 16, 2020
ChristianNorth:

You are right.

But APC didn't even run in the election according to our law. You guys should quit being sentimental

That ticket was infected meaning APC shouldn't have been in the ballot in the first place.

If there ticket was valid and the case was that of rightful candidate like in the case of Amechi vs Omehia then APC would have retained the seat.
I maintain the the judgement is simply a miscarriage of justice which would be corrected in due time. most importantly, it is a pre-election matter which out to have been disposed of before the election but because of justice odili's intention of awarding undeserved victory to her party,she chose to delay it till this point. I'm sure that pronouncement would be reversed. just keep your fingers crossed!

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa: Pack And Go, Another Man Is Coming - Mbaka To Diri Douye by OhBiafra: 12:03pm On Feb 16, 2020
Olugbanko:
So what happens to all the Imo PDP lawmakers that defected to APC with PDP votes?
Re: Bayelsa: Pack And Go, Another Man Is Coming - Mbaka To Diri Douye by Agugbadin: 12:13pm On Feb 16, 2020
Recruited by APC to void Supreme Court judgements that favours opposition parties.
Re: Bayelsa: Pack And Go, Another Man Is Coming - Mbaka To Diri Douye by Agugbadin: 12:23pm On Feb 16, 2020
BeeBeeOoh:
shocked

You made a valid point, when you are recruited to work for a political party this are the signs. You make speech that favours that party and make the public to believe that is from God even when the persons involved does not believe in your God
Re: Bayelsa: Pack And Go, Another Man Is Coming - Mbaka To Diri Douye by zomoears(m): 12:49pm On Feb 16, 2020
kerzhim:
This is so obvious, Supreme Court does not have the jurisdiction to take away people's mandate without their consents. Bayelsans unanimously voted for APC.... I was so ashamed with the Supreme Court Judgement based on what the Nigeria constitution and INEC constitution says on how the mandate does not belong to individual but the party. The Apex Court should have ordered the party to produce a new candidate in place of the elected deputy or perhaps called for a new election.
In the case of Kogi State, when a Governor elect died before inauguration, APC as a party had to be ordered to produce another candidate. Why did they not give the mandate to PDP.

In Kogi state, the "candidate" or "aspirant" died before the final result was declared. He was not yet governor elect. If only final result had been declared before Audu died, Faleke would have inherited the ticket.

That, my friend, is the fundamental difference.

APC could also have given the ticket to Faleke, but it seems the guy was stubborn and a Tinubu boy, so they did otherwise.
Re: Bayelsa: Pack And Go, Another Man Is Coming - Mbaka To Diri Douye by TomMary(f): 12:56pm On Feb 16, 2020
I just sincerely hope that Fr. Mbaka didn't say this ..
Re: Bayelsa: Pack And Go, Another Man Is Coming - Mbaka To Diri Douye by poiZon: 1:00pm On Feb 16, 2020
kerzhim:
This is so obvious, Supreme Court does not have the jurisdiction to take away people's mandate without their consents. Bayelsans unanimously voted for APC.... I was so ashamed with the Supreme Court Judgement based on what the Nigeria constitution and INEC constitution says on how the mandate does not belong to individual but the party. The Apex Court should have ordered the party to produce a new candidate in place of the elected deputy or perhaps called for a new election.
In kogi election was inconclusive....
Re: Bayelsa: Pack And Go, Another Man Is Coming - Mbaka To Diri Douye by Obipat(m): 1:08pm On Feb 16, 2020
Fasindo:
Father Mbaka can do anything for money. Useless priest

Fake news.

Mbaka only gives prophesy at adoration ground.
Saying he give the prophesy at a friend's birthday party is nothing but a hoax.
Re: Bayelsa: Pack And Go, Another Man Is Coming - Mbaka To Diri Douye by rejoice4eva(m): 1:17pm On Feb 16, 2020
kerzhim:
The said 'votes'were fraudulently obtained from foundation to the roofing stage , that is what the court judgement has corrected
Re: Bayelsa: Pack And Go, Another Man Is Coming - Mbaka To Diri Douye by Tookool(m): 1:21pm On Feb 16, 2020
Mbakas prophesy is always against the PDP .... what kind of biased man of God is this?

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa: Pack And Go, Another Man Is Coming - Mbaka To Diri Douye by Christmasdon(m): 1:36pm On Feb 16, 2020
Whether politics or no politics i do not see anything bad for a man of GOD To TELL the people whom GOD HAVE APPOINTED RULE.
Re: Bayelsa: Pack And Go, Another Man Is Coming - Mbaka To Diri Douye by Christmasdon(m): 1:42pm On Feb 16, 2020
And before this, Some one was telling me that it is a pity that Goodluck Jonathan lost his state to APC. very shameful & horrible she objected.
Re: Bayelsa: Pack And Go, Another Man Is Coming - Mbaka To Diri Douye by manlawal(m): 1:46pm On Feb 16, 2020
kerzhim:
Kogi election was inconclusive , supreme court didn't order for rerun
Re: Bayelsa: Pack And Go, Another Man Is Coming - Mbaka To Diri Douye by Nobody: 2:01pm On Feb 16, 2020
yimu
Re: Bayelsa: Pack And Go, Another Man Is Coming - Mbaka To Diri Douye by toolovely(m): 2:03pm On Feb 16, 2020
If anybody is coming, it's Timi Alaibe. That one no need prophecy to know.

But for SC reversing it's judgement on this case, it's not possible unless the electoral acts are changed.
Re: Bayelsa: Pack And Go, Another Man Is Coming - Mbaka To Diri Douye by babytoun: 2:04pm On Feb 16, 2020
Olugbanko:
APC lost zamfara because the party didn't vacate existing court injunction barring it from presenting candidates for the election.

how could they have vacated the court injunction when their selection process was flawed ?

they won the election but since the process of selecting a flag bearer was flawed it was deemed they never contested the election .

you must select a valid candidate through the right process before votes can be accorded to the party
Re: Bayelsa: Pack And Go, Another Man Is Coming - Mbaka To Diri Douye by babytoun: 2:05pm On Feb 16, 2020
toolovely:
If anybody is coming, it's Timi Alaibe. That one no need prophecy to know.

But for SC reversing it's judgement on this case, it's not possible unless the electoral acts are changed.

Timi alaibe can't come because that is not even his prayer..the court is not a father Christmas..he is asking for cancellation of the primaries
Re: Bayelsa: Pack And Go, Another Man Is Coming - Mbaka To Diri Douye by Lamasta(m): 2:39pm On Feb 16, 2020
kerzhim:

The party You are supporting should be penalize and the chairman jailed for assenting to a candidate with fake result to vie for that exotic position the one Buhari did we are still suffering it today and You want us to accept that of Bayelsa again cool
Re: Bayelsa: Pack And Go, Another Man Is Coming - Mbaka To Diri Douye by wetmenow: 2:49pm On Feb 16, 2020
This man again.
Re: Bayelsa: Pack And Go, Another Man Is Coming - Mbaka To Diri Douye by EagleNest(m): 10:28pm On Feb 17, 2020
fergie001:

Go to this thread.......everything was well explained.
https://www.nairaland.com/5688987/full-text-supreme-court-judgement-bayelsa

Cc: Olugbanko kerzhim
A
Well explained. The deputy's credentials are questionable. He shouldn't have been pre-qualified by APC in the first instance.
Re: Bayelsa: Pack And Go, Another Man Is Coming - Mbaka To Diri Douye by EagleNest(m): 10:30pm On Feb 17, 2020
real1000:
if it was party that win elections what happen to senators and others that deflect to other parties with party mandates.

I don't really know tbh. What exactly did the law say?
Re: Bayelsa: Pack And Go, Another Man Is Coming - Mbaka To Diri Douye by fergie001: 11:27pm On Feb 17, 2020
EagleNest:

A
Well explained. The deputy's credentials are questionable. He shouldn't have been pre-qualified by APC in the first instance.
Exactly...
Re: Bayelsa: Pack And Go, Another Man Is Coming - Mbaka To Diri Douye by LionTiger(m): 1:26am On Feb 18, 2020
Diri Douye, pls go and see Fr. Mbaka.
I don't won't your case to be like that of Ihedioha; though I believe he will reclaim his seat.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bianca Hires Private Guards For Ojukwu’s House / Obanikoro Remains In EFCC Custody As He Fails To Refund First N100m- SR / Fela Durotoye's Independence Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.