Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

We Must Stop Mocking & Taunting Igbos. Lets Listen & Support Them Instead. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Must Stop Mocking & Taunting Igbos. Lets Listen & Support Them Instead. (5748 Views)

What Make Igbo Think We South South Will Support Them? / If IPOB Stops These Things, All Igbos Will Support Them / Boko Haram: Atiku, PDP Should Stop Mocking Our Fallen Heroes Over Attacks, Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Must Stop Mocking & Taunting Igbos. Lets Listen & Support Them Instead. by ZZ22: 9:29pm On Feb 16, 2020
LegendHero:

Your problem is that you can’t comprehend simple statement and you think people online are in your league of ridiculous reasoning.

You spoke about the youth right? I mentioned the Forbes 30 under 30 at the highest level for comparison.

You will have to breakdown the youth into their known trade. IT, Nolywood, entertainment, banking, industry, startups, FinTech, and etc. then you will try to list out the big players to back your earlier assertions.

You should understand what is called sample size in statistics. We can infer from few metrics to judge the whole.

Now Mr, how did you reach your earlier assertions on the claim that your tribe constitute the richest youths?

But you used same Forbes as yardstick to chest beat then he pointed out how foolish your reasoning is by using same Forbes and Dangote and you are running from pillar to post.
Re: We Must Stop Mocking & Taunting Igbos. Lets Listen & Support Them Instead. by LegendHero(m): 9:39pm On Feb 16, 2020
ZZ22:
But you used same Forbes as yardstick to chest beat then he pointed out how foolish your reasoning is by using same Forbes and Dangote and you are running from pillar to post.

Foolish people calling another people foolish.

Forbes 30 under 30 list has always been a yardstick to measure the success of youth not only in Nigeria but the world as a whole.

Who is more foolish than someone that came on a public forum to shout they had the highest concentration of successful youth without any metrics to back his assertions?

Everywhere around the world, metrics are used to come to conclusions. For example, how was the world able to know Nigeria is a poverty capital, isn’t it from the metrics of certain no of people falling below $1 per day?

By the way, Forbes under 30 is one of the many metrics. The other metrics will be the number of each people in IT, FinTech, industries, startups, etc.

Go and discuss your beer parlor gist with your Igbos with suboptimal brain and stop constituting nuisance online!

1 Like

Re: We Must Stop Mocking & Taunting Igbos. Lets Listen & Support Them Instead. by ZZ22: 9:49pm On Feb 16, 2020
LegendHero:

Foolish people calling another people foolish.

Forbes 30 under 30 list has always been a yardstick to measure the success of youth not only in Nigeria but the world as a whole.

Who is more foolish that someone that came on a public forum to shout they had the highest concentration of successful youth without any metrics to back his assertions?

Everywhere around the world, metrics are used to come to conclusions. For example, how was the world able to know Nigeria is a poverty capital, isn’t it from the metrics of falling below $1 per day?

By the way, Forbes under 30 is one of the many metrics. The other metrics will be the number of each people in IT, FinTech, industries, startups, etc.

Go and discuss your beer parlor gist with your Igbos with sub optimal brain and stop constituting nuisances online!
I like how pained you are. You called your youths the most successful using Forbes as yardstick but when the question of how Dangote is the richest and his region languishes in poverty you started being pained and aggressive.
Re: We Must Stop Mocking & Taunting Igbos. Lets Listen & Support Them Instead. by NGpatriot: 10:19pm On Feb 16, 2020
ZZ22:
I like how pained you are. You called your youths the most successful using Forbes as yardstick but when the question of how Dangote is the richest and his region languishes in poverty you started being pained and aggressive.

What is your on yardstick?
Re: We Must Stop Mocking & Taunting Igbos. Lets Listen & Support Them Instead. by Cherez: 11:03pm On Feb 16, 2020
MetaPhysical:
The soul of Biafra and the Igboman has been badly and severly battered and deeply traumatized.

What Igbo need is healing, support and acknowledgement. It does not rob us of any value to join hands and do this.

Let us stop the tears...we must heal the spirit! We must listen, and reset 1966!

The 60s were volatile years across the globe. Many nations in Africa were just starting a new experience in the European styled nationhood and had not perfected the peculiarities and intrigues of power and power-sharing amongst new co-owners and thus exhibited their barbarism. Nigeria was in this class.

In some other, Europeans were the barbarics, terrorizing and abusing power to continue monopoly and savagery. South Africa had the Apartheid. A system that segregate whites from non-whites.

Apartheid (Apart-heid) is Dutch word for "separate hood".

In our own Nigeria the treatment of Igbo since the calamity of 1966, followed shortly after by war of 67, has been one of Unity in Separation.

We must forgive and help Igbo heal. It has become accepted to turn loose the police and army on them and watch them harrassed, persecuted and brutalized. It is not only the Igbo that has not healed, the rest of the nation has not healed either and we have not forgiven....so that at every opportunity of a conflict we flash back to the ethnic assassinations of 1966 and then justify a need to exact pound of reprisal attack on Igbo. We are still in pain.

Let's reset 1966!

Here is Mama Africa, Miriam Makeba, with a song from 1966.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqdcz0eYLSQ

You said, "We must forgive and help Igbo heal"
What wrong did the Igbos do?
You'd say they carried out the first coup right?
Kaduna Nzeogwu & Ifeajuana were the masterminders of that coup and are from Delta state.
Today, most Nigerians and even some SS people say they aren't Igbos. Infact the North & SW claim the Igbos went to that war to overtake the oil in the SS.
Now if you today say Nzeogwu isn't Igbo, then why blame & attack Igbos for that same coup?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Must Stop Mocking & Taunting Igbos. Lets Listen & Support Them Instead. by ludd2018: 11:23pm On Feb 16, 2020
perez100:
Lol, forgive Igbo? Please forgive yourselves because Igbo does not need your devilish forgiveness. How are you better than Igbo man? That you gang up against Igbo politically in Nigeria does not make you more progressive than average Igbo man. Globally, we make more progress and even in Nigeria except your political appointments where morons are appointed to rule and drag Nigeria backward. Are we not seeing the result, that Nigeria now leads globally in every negative awards. Shame!

Well said . Igbos need no forgiveness . The hate for ibos is because of the blessing they have . No tribe will ever survive what Igbos are going thru .

All Igbos need is to leave Nigeria . Igbos are not compatible with Nigeria and they are in a different class . Nigeria drags Igbos backward . Nigeria owes Igbos apology and ask Igbos for forgiveness .
Re: We Must Stop Mocking & Taunting Igbos. Lets Listen & Support Them Instead. by ludd2018: 11:25pm On Feb 16, 2020
Cherez:

You said, "We must forgive and help Igbo heal"
What wrong did the Igbos do?
You'd say they carried out the first coup right?
Kaduna Nzeogwu & Ifeajuana were the masterminders of that coup and are from Delta state.
Today, most Nigerians and even some SS people say they aren't Igbos. Infact the North & SW claim the Igbos went to that war to overtake the oil in the SS.
Now if you today say Nzeogwu isn't Igbo, then why blame & attack Igbos for that same coup?

Good logic bros . When it comes to oil Niger delta is not Biafra and when it comes to politics or 1966 Nzeogwu is Ibo. Nigeria is fake

1 Like

Re: We Must Stop Mocking & Taunting Igbos. Lets Listen & Support Them Instead. by NGpatriot: 11:31pm On Feb 16, 2020
ludd2018:

Well said . Igbos need no forgiveness . The hate for ibos is because of the blessing they have . No tribe will ever survive what Igbos are going thru .

All Igbos need is to leave Nigeria . Igbos are not compatible with Nigeria and they are in a different class . Nigeria drags Igbos backward . Nigeria owes Igbos apology and ask Igbos for forgiveness .

What exactly are you going through that's so special?

grin

1 Like

Re: We Must Stop Mocking & Taunting Igbos. Lets Listen & Support Them Instead. by MONIKERREVEALER: 11:40pm On Feb 16, 2020
NGpatriot:

What exactly are you going through that's so special?

grin

Don't worry, Almighty Elohim will allow you to get just a little taste of what we, the great igbos, are going through very soon!!!

Hahaha!!!

Zoo must fall!!!
Re: We Must Stop Mocking & Taunting Igbos. Lets Listen & Support Them Instead. by Cherez: 11:42pm On Feb 16, 2020
helinues:
grin

Are Igbo's ready to listen to themselves not to talk of outsiders?

Are Igbo's ready to accommodate others sincerely?

Have you seen the Igbo people before having a heart to heart discussion about how to achieve Biafra with different strategy?

Me keep on wondering what Kanu has been doing with all the donation money he has been collecting apart from using it to globetrobe..

Those people he has been meeting are nobody in their countries not to talk of having a say in other country.

Can't the money donated be used to help less privilege Ndigbo ? How about mobilization and sensitization of Ndigbo youths about the cause.

All these sailent questions I asked above are what Igbo's have been afraid to ask

Just watch as how they are going to attack the messenger and overlooked the message
You talk like someone without a head on his body.
What monies are being contributed?
How many poor people from your tribe have your own people helped?

Albeit, Igbos like me do not support Kanu's ways but are awed that all he said about the herdsmen and Nigeria are coming to pass as if he has an Intel into the happenings in Nigeria.
Re: We Must Stop Mocking & Taunting Igbos. Lets Listen & Support Them Instead. by Cherez: 11:44pm On Feb 16, 2020
Sammy07:
Metaphysical.
Truth is, Igbos are too emotional. Ion know why God created them that way.
Any small joke like this, they might take it personal

They don't have negotiation skill..

I have many of them as friends here in Ondo(majority from Enugu and abia) but whenever we're talking about something.
The proudness or should I call it boasting spirit will enter them..

Let them stop hating other tribes first.
And nothing like Yoruba Muslims and Yoruba Christians...

Yorubas don't hate them, it's just a normal way of catching fun on NL, everything ends here...

Bros, don't be biased.
The attack by Yorubas on Igbos is just a joke on NL but Igbos' attack on Yorubas isn't a joke but pride or so?
Don't you think your analogy is sentimentally skewed?
Re: We Must Stop Mocking & Taunting Igbos. Lets Listen & Support Them Instead. by NGpatriot: 11:54pm On Feb 16, 2020
MONIKERREVEALER:

Don't worry, Almighty Elohim will allow you to get just a little taste of what we, the great igbos, are going through very soon!!!

Hahaha!!!

Zoo must fall!!!

This one dey spend too much time at ipob rallies.

You are all over Nigeria from the North to the SW, SS and the MB leaving peacefully, making a living and existing just like the rest of Nigeria, you have governors, ministers, reps, senators and you are collecting allocations just like the rest of Nigeria so what exactly are you going through that the rest of Nigeria is not going through.?
Re: We Must Stop Mocking & Taunting Igbos. Lets Listen & Support Them Instead. by Cherez: 12:28am On Feb 17, 2020
MetaPhysical:
To Igbo people on this thread. Shame on you.

You have cried repeatedly about the injustice and unfairness of Nigeria and its bias against you. I did not open thread asking Yoruba to reset 1966...Im asking Nigerians to do that.
It can be seen, judging from your comments, that your venom is really aimed at Yoruba specifically, and you do not have any problem with any other group in Nigeria.

Why are you targeting Yoruba in your responses?

Nigeria and Ibo, both sides need to heal. The healing would happen when events of 1966 is written in a different context.

None of the acts of 1966 or 67 conflicts was originated by Yoruba. Not a single one! So why are you angry against Yoruba? Is your grievance against Yoruba....or against Nigeria? Is it Yoruba you want to free Biafra from, or Nigeria?

Get sense!
I have come to know that most if not all Nigerians are tribalistic.
So, you expect an Igbo man who lost his brother to the python dance to wake up and accept your words up there?
Igbos are not angry at the Yorubas and here is my proof;
In the last decade, can you point out to one stuff the Igbos raised or supported the Yorubas applauded?
Did you go through Twitter on this Amotekun issue? The Igbos were 1000% behind the SW regardless of the fact they have issues?
On this NL, you remember how "potor-potor" and pics of the army humiliating Igbo boys were being hailed till date? Bros, an average Igbo man will never do same to a Yoruba man.
I bet you today, if APC fields Osibanjo, you will be amazed the vote that man will amass in the SE.
The Igbos are only angry at the Yorubas cos they believe the Yorubas support the main people dragging Naija.
Now, I maybe biased a bit to judge PMB's leadership (though I voted him in 2015 but gave up in 2017), judge yourself and see how he subtly shields the herdsmen with their carnages. The Igbos just feels if not for the Yorubas, PMB won't have had the privilege.
I'm not against the SW for supporting PMB cos everyone even Igbos seek their comfort.
Re: We Must Stop Mocking & Taunting Igbos. Lets Listen & Support Them Instead. by AmuDimpka: 12:47am On Feb 17, 2020
Cherez:

I have come to know that most if not all Nigerians are tribalistic.
So, you expect an Igbo man who lost his brother to the python dance to wake up and accept your words up there?
Igbos are not angry at the Yorubas and here is my proof;
In the last decade, can you point out to one stuff the Igbos raised or supported the Yorubas applauded?
Did you go through Twitter on this Amotekun issue? The Igbos were 1000% behind the SW regardless of the fact they have issues?
On this NL, you remember how "potor-potor" and pics of the army humiliating Igbo boys were being hailed till date? Bros, an average Igbo man will never do same to a Yoruba man.
I bet you today, if APC fields Osibanjo, you will be amazed the vote that man will amass in the SE.
The Igbos are only angry at the Yorubas cos they believe the Yorubas support the main people dragging Naija.
Now, I maybe biased a bit to judge PMB's leadership (though I voted him in 2015 but gave up in 2017), judge yourself and see how he subtly shields the herdsmen with their carnages. The Igbos just feels if not for the Yorubas, PMB won't have had the privilege.
I'm not against the SW for supporting PMB cos everyone even Igbos seek their comfort.

Can we reduce tribalism and be united in South
Re: We Must Stop Mocking & Taunting Igbos. Lets Listen & Support Them Instead. by majamajic(m): 3:39am On Feb 17, 2020
LegendHero:

Your problem is that you can’t comprehend simple statement and you think people online are in your league of ridiculous reasoning.

You spoke about the youth right? I mentioned the Forbes 30 under 30 at the highest level for comparison.

You will have to breakdown the youth into their known trade. IT, Nolywood, entertainment, banking, industry, startups, FinTech, and etc. then you will try to list out the big players to back your earlier assertions.

You should understand what is called sample size in statistics. We can infer from few metrics to judge the whole.

Now Mr, how did you reach your earlier assertions on the claim that your tribe constitute the richest youths?

Why are you running around ,

I gave u a simple answer

Why are you trying to protect yourself with Forbes ?

Like I told you , dangote is number 1 in Africa , in terms of poverty his clan and his region is number 1

Don't be silly my guy !!!

Why u guys think writing big English can change reality ?

This is the problem we have in Nigeria , because u have someone running for VP , u now push and vote the whole country into a mess !

Look at what is happening now !
Re: We Must Stop Mocking & Taunting Igbos. Lets Listen & Support Them Instead. by Cherez: 4:53am On Feb 17, 2020
AmuDimpka:

Can we reduce tribalism and be united in South
Very nice one but I don't see it happening.
Like I said, almost if not all Nigerians are stauch tribalists
Re: We Must Stop Mocking & Taunting Igbos. Lets Listen & Support Them Instead. by enemybulldozer(m): 8:03am On Feb 17, 2020
Area4Area:
Lol, you lose all that land and properties immediately you get Biafra....hope you understand the deal
That's a big fat lie.
Re: We Must Stop Mocking & Taunting Igbos. Lets Listen & Support Them Instead. by Amujale(m): 8:38am On Feb 17, 2020
Cherez:

Very nice one but I don't see it happening.
Like I said, almost if not all Nigerians are stauch tribalists

There’s nothing such as ‘tribalism’, there’s discrimination and bigotry but not tribalism.

There are no tribes in Africa.

There are ethnicities on our continent and diaspora, tribes are in Asia and Europe.
Re: We Must Stop Mocking & Taunting Igbos. Lets Listen & Support Them Instead. by Amujale(m): 8:44am On Feb 17, 2020
The truth is that the discrimination and or bigotry that exist are all manufactured due to the Abrahamic religions.

Get rid of all the Abrahamic religions and what we have left is a brotherly and sisterly strong continent where the compatibility of one another is easily realised.

Nigerians predate either Christianity or Islam.

That is to say, we’ve been living together in peaceful harmony continuously for hundreds of centuries without the need for discrimination or bigotry.

Discrimination only began after the introduction of the Abrahamic religions, remove the cancers that is the Abrahamic religions and all will become well and good with one another once again.
Re: We Must Stop Mocking & Taunting Igbos. Lets Listen & Support Them Instead. by Amujale(m): 8:47am On Feb 17, 2020
Everyone of us in Nigeria are related, connected and made for each other in more ways than we are allowed to understand due to the malicious nature of the Abrahamic religions.

All Nigerians are brothers and sisters in a close knitted history that spans hundreds and thousands of centuries.
Re: We Must Stop Mocking & Taunting Igbos. Lets Listen & Support Them Instead. by Amujale(m): 9:37am On Feb 17, 2020
We must stop mocking and taunting one another, let's listen and support each other instead.

Follow the link to partcipate in a poll.

Amujale:
Out of the images on display, choose what you perceive to be the correct image of Jesus.

https://www.nairaland.com/5685899/what-true-image-jesus
Re: We Must Stop Mocking & Taunting Igbos. Lets Listen & Support Them Instead. by ChoCho54(f): 2:55pm On Feb 17, 2020
Rekhina:
don't trust him , watch out for his alternative monicker legendhero
Akwa nwa! Long time. Where have you been? Pressed be to Allah you are back.

1 Like

Re: We Must Stop Mocking & Taunting Igbos. Lets Listen & Support Them Instead. by Rekhina(f): 3:33pm On Feb 17, 2020
ChoCho54:
Akwa nwa! Long time. Where have you been? Pressed be to Allah you are back.
yes am back

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Biography Of Late COS, Abba Kyari / Man Jailed Six Months For Stealing Refrigerator, Others / Jonathan Set To Win, Aided By Southern Magic Numbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.