Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,539 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Bayelsa: Who Is On The Ballot , Party Or Individual? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa: Who Is On The Ballot , Party Or Individual? (1775 Views)

Can The United Nations Be Sued By Any Country Or Individual? / Governor Makinde Printed Exercise Books Without His Party Or His Picture On It / INEC Includes Zamfara APC Candidates On The Ballot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayelsa: Who Is On The Ballot , Party Or Individual? by wwwihy: 9:54am On Feb 16, 2020
Lawyers in the House:

1.Bayelsa: Who is on the Ballot , Party or Individual?
2. Can a lawful votes for a party on the Ballot be cancelled?
3. What happened to accredited voters by INEC.. Is it plus cancelled votes of majority who voted for APC or without it?
4. Do you replace a candidate of a particular party with candidate of another party if something happened to the former ? Given the Supreme Court precedent on :
Muazu
Ameachi Vs Omeha
Yahaya Bello Vs Audu Abubakar

5. Were Justices of Supreme Court erred going by the provisions of electoral act .. .for a fresh election? See attached

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa: Who Is On The Ballot , Party Or Individual? by vicdom(m): 9:59am On Feb 16, 2020
Oga goan rest. The case has been concluded already. Hence your case is as dead as dodo.
Re: Bayelsa: Who Is On The Ballot , Party Or Individual? by wwwihy: 10:04am On Feb 16, 2020
vicdom:
Oga goan rest. The case has been concluded already. Hence your case is as dead as dodo.
Are you a lawyer ? I want to learn

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa: Who Is On The Ballot , Party Or Individual? by vicdom(m): 10:14am On Feb 16, 2020
wwwihy:

Are you a lawyer ? I want to learn
I laugh at people thinking that supreme will upturn itself. Let me tell you, both case of IMO and Bayelsa have been concluded already, hence supreme court can never and will never reverse its judgements. On Tues, you will see how those two cases would be thrown out and thrashed in a dustbin. Those two cases are as dead as dodo. Let that sink into your brain.
Re: Bayelsa: Who Is On The Ballot , Party Or Individual? by Mrrationalshop: 10:36am On Feb 16, 2020
Time will tell

Re: Bayelsa: Who Is On The Ballot , Party Or Individual? by AAA593: 10:42am On Feb 16, 2020
wwwihy:
Lawyers in the House:

1.Bayelsa: Who is on the Ballot , Party or Individual?
2. Can a lawful votes for a party on the Ballot be cancelled?
3. What happened to accredited voters by INEC.. Is it plus cancelled votes of majority who voted for APC or without it?
4. Do you replace a candidate of a particular party with candidate of another party if something happened to the former ? Given the Supreme Court precedent on :
Muazu
Ameachi Vs Omeha
Yahaya Bello Vs Audu Abubakar

5. Were Justices of Supreme Court erred going by the provisions of electoral act .. .for a fresh election? See attached

APC was disqualified before the election oga
Re: Bayelsa: Who Is On The Ballot , Party Or Individual? by WATCHOVER(m): 10:46am On Feb 16, 2020
It is the party but APC had to pay for their sins because of laziness and stubbornness of the leader who screened it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa: Who Is On The Ballot , Party Or Individual? by Sunnymatey(m): 11:24am On Feb 16, 2020
The strength of the party to a large extend is dependent on the individuals flying it flag.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa: Who Is On The Ballot , Party Or Individual? by ChristianNorth: 11:28am On Feb 16, 2020
APC was disqualified

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa: Who Is On The Ballot , Party Or Individual? by ChristianNorth: 11:29am On Feb 16, 2020
vicdom:

I laugh at people thinking that supreme will upturn itself. Let me tell you, both case of IMO and Bayelsa have been concluded already, hence supreme court can never and will never reverse its judgements. On Tues, you will see how those two cases would be thrown out and thrashed in a dustbin. Those two cases are as dead as dodo. Let that sink into your brain.
SC can reverse itself

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa: Who Is On The Ballot , Party Or Individual? by fergie001: 11:35am On Feb 16, 2020
ChristianNorth:
SC can reverse itself
I know they can but it's difficult even in the case of Imo.

If it's given back to the same judges, I don't think they will.
On that panel was the CJN, Ngwuta, ARIWOOLA and Kekere-Ekun... These are amongst the top 7 of the present 13 SC judges we have now.

Even if they were to re-constitute the panel..Mary Odili will be asked to recuse herself for obvious reasons.....Rhodes-Vivour does not strike me as a man who will want to ride on some very difficult light.

*Just my opinion

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa: Who Is On The Ballot , Party Or Individual? by fergie001: 11:36am On Feb 16, 2020
Re: Bayelsa: Who Is On The Ballot , Party Or Individual? by Dansuqi: 11:36am On Feb 16, 2020
ChristianNorth:
APC was disqualified
It still amounts to validly not elected
Re: Bayelsa: Who Is On The Ballot , Party Or Individual? by Dansuqi: 11:43am On Feb 16, 2020
fergie001:

On that panel was the CJN, Ngwuta, ARIWOOLA and Kekere-Ekun... These are the amongsth the top 7 of the present 13 SC judges we have now.

Even if they were to re-constitute the panel..Mary Odili will be asked to recuse herself for obvious reasons.....Rhodes-Vivour does not strike me as a man who will want to ride on some very difficult light.

*Just my opinion

I love that woman kekere ekun.she's the bravest and strongest in that court.most of the tough decisions are usually left for her to read.shes fearless.ogunwumiju is like her.

Reversing themselves in imo and maybe bayelsa will have long term effects,it will revolutionalize and modernize our elevtoral laws and bringing new precedents which will end ajasin vs omoboriowo,onoh vs nwobodo,ezike vs nnadi,uche vs igwe
Re: Bayelsa: Who Is On The Ballot , Party Or Individual? by fergie001: 11:45am On Feb 16, 2020
Dansuqi:

I love that woman kekere ekun.she's the bravest and strongest in that court.most of the tough decisions are usually left for her to read.shes fearless.ogunwumiju is like her
Kekere-Ekun..... nope, don't trust her.
Ogunwumiju is good... yes...one of her sons is a SAN..one.of the youngest...graduated at UI in 2004.
Re: Bayelsa: Who Is On The Ballot , Party Or Individual? by ChristianNorth: 11:48am On Feb 16, 2020
fergie001:

On that panel was the CJN, Ngwuta, ARIWOOLA and Kekere-Ekun... These are the amongst the top 7 of the present 13 SC judges we have now.

*Just my opinion

Ihedioha is coming with a different case. It is difficult for the SC to reverse itself, we all know that.

SC judgement before that judgement declared Nwosu as the rightful candidate, meaning Uzodinma shouldn't be governor.

The same judgement disqualified Nwosu for double candidature.

Meaning APC doesn't have candidate.

Because a court can only grant a prayer before it, it declared APC as the winner.

So Ihedioha is going to court to effect the first judgment not to directly challenge the judgement sacking him.

I would have preferred Wole to lead this team because this is where technicality is needed.

Kanu is good but this is Wole's specialty. If Ikpeazu and Kanu are providing support it will be won in hours.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa: Who Is On The Ballot , Party Or Individual? by fergie001: 11:51am On Feb 16, 2020
Dansuqi:

I love that woman kekere ekun.she's the bravest and strongest in that court.most of the tough decisions are usually left for her to read.shes fearless.ogunwumiju is like her.

Reversing themselves in imo and maybe bayelsa will have long term effects,it will revolutionalize and modernize our elevtoral laws and bringing new precedents which will end ajasin vs omoboriowo,onoh vs nwobodo,ezike vs nnadi,uche vs igwe
There is nothing to review or reverse on that Bayelsa case. You and I know that. Let's not pretend.

You also know that APC messed it all up. Keyamo saw through it earlier and gave up. I read Onochie's write-up on Facebook...herself and Zara Onyinye were almost in tears.

Give it up.

I know you will like a reverse..APC for Bayelsa and PDP for Imo..... But the reality is Bayelsa is gone. Forget it.
Re: Bayelsa: Who Is On The Ballot , Party Or Individual? by Dansuqi: 11:52am On Feb 16, 2020
fergie001:

Kekere-Ekun..... nope, don't trust her.
Ogunwumiju is good... yes...one of her sons is a SAN..one.of the youngest...graduated at UI in 2004.
I trust her more than the men.its like she's the youngest there,not sure.our supreme court needs to start being judicially flexible and fluid.they must not always follow the law rigidly and mechanically,unrealistic.that is why i like abang sometimes.he may rule unconstitutionally but i can see his ingenuity
Re: Bayelsa: Who Is On The Ballot , Party Or Individual? by fergie001: 11:54am On Feb 16, 2020
ChristianNorth:

Ihedioha is coming with a different case. It is difficult for the SC to reverse itself, we all know that.

SC judgement before that judgement declared Nwosu as the rightful candidate, meaning Uzodinma shouldn't be governor.

The same judgement disqualified Nwosu for double candidature.

Meaning APC doesn't have candidate.

Because a court can only grant a prayer before it, it declared APC as the winner.

So Ihedioha is going to court to effect the first judgment not to directly challenge the judgement sacking him.

I would have preferred Wole to lead this team because this is where technicality is needed.

Kanu is good but this is Wole's specialty. If Ikpeazu and Kanu are providing support it will be won in hours.
So if he is praying them to effect the first judgement of Nwosu's affirmation as Gov....how does it help him?

Or will he link it to the second judgement on Nwosu's disqualification and/or further withdrawal from the case?
Re: Bayelsa: Who Is On The Ballot , Party Or Individual? by LibertyRep: 11:55am On Feb 16, 2020
Tuesday is almost here and all these permutations and combinations will come to a stop.
Re: Bayelsa: Who Is On The Ballot , Party Or Individual? by fergie001: 11:55am On Feb 16, 2020
Dansuqi:

I trust her more than the men.its like she's the youngest there,not sure.our supreme court needs to start being judicially flexible and fluid.they must not always follow the law rigidly and mechanically,unrealistic.that is why i like abang sometimes.he may rule unconstitutionally but i can see his ingenuity
Abeg....leave Abang make we talk about better people...mtchew. That one na Judge?

Kekere-Ekun is 7, just above Okoro. She is from Lagos State.
How two people from the same State found themselves at the SC na wah.

Leave Bayelsa ooooooo.....

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa: Who Is On The Ballot , Party Or Individual? by Dansuqi: 11:57am On Feb 16, 2020
fergie001:

Abeg....leave Abang make we talk about better people...mtchew. That one na Judge?

Kekere-Ekun is 7, just above Okoro.

Leave Bayelsa ooooooo.....
I meant age not seniority
Re: Bayelsa: Who Is On The Ballot , Party Or Individual? by fergie001: 11:59am On Feb 16, 2020
Dansuqi:

I meant age not seniority
Ok....yes she is. Of all the present judges now..she is.
Re: Bayelsa: Who Is On The Ballot , Party Or Individual? by Dansuqi: 12:02pm On Feb 16, 2020
fergie001:

Ok....yes she is. Of all the present judges now..she is.
Na she get mind pass.how old is agim and ogunwumiju
Re: Bayelsa: Who Is On The Ballot , Party Or Individual? by fergie001: 12:03pm On Feb 16, 2020
Dansuqi:

Na she get mind pass.how old is agim and ogunwumiju
They haven't yet been sworn in nah.... grin
Calm down!

I know Agim is the youngest of the 4 sha....1960
Ogunwumiju don old sha
Oseji na arugbo
Re: Bayelsa: Who Is On The Ballot , Party Or Individual? by Dansuqi: 12:07pm On Feb 16, 2020
fergie001:

They haven't yet been sworn in nah.... grin
Calm down!

I know Agim is the youngest of the 4 sha....1960
Ogunwumiju don old sha
Oseji na arugbo
What is arugbo? What of jauro
Re: Bayelsa: Who Is On The Ballot , Party Or Individual? by fergie001: 12:15pm On Feb 16, 2020
Dansuqi:

What is arugbo? What of jauro
Arugbo in Yoruba land indicates someone quite old grin

Oseji is 66
Don't know of others but I know they are all in their late 65s, excepting Agim.
Re: Bayelsa: Who Is On The Ballot , Party Or Individual? by vicdom(m): 12:22pm On Feb 16, 2020
ChristianNorth:
SC can reverse itself
If Supreme court can reverse and change its judgements, it simply means that supposed SC is not final and Supreme. Which means that litigations won't have an end. Check the review case of Zamfara instituted by APC. SC, threw it away and APC was asked to bear the entire costs.
Re: Bayelsa: Who Is On The Ballot , Party Or Individual? by Ogegeodey(m): 12:29pm On Feb 16, 2020
Let it be known that JUDGMENT WAS ALREADY PASSED on this matter BEFORE ELECTION. The high court already ruled and disqualified APC before the election, The APC thereafter acquired and injunction which allowed them participated in the election.

Now what the supreme court has simply done is enforcement of the ruling of the high court which had disqualfied Lyon before the election.

What it means is that APC had no candidate in that election. Your screenshot above does not apply here. This is a pre-election matter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa: Who Is On The Ballot , Party Or Individual? by solmus: 12:42pm On Feb 16, 2020
APC and David Lyon would simply contest a separate case , different from the validity of candidacy and they would win and oust the Bayelsan stooge
Re: Bayelsa: Who Is On The Ballot , Party Or Individual? by ChristianNorth: 4:47pm On Feb 16, 2020
fergie001:

So if he is praying them to effect the first judgement of Nwosu's affirmation as Gov....how does it help him?

Or will he link it to the second judgement on Nwosu's disqualification and/or further withdrawal from the case?
There is a subsisting Supreme Court judgment that Nwosu is the rightful candidate of APC, so Uzodinma shouldn't have been sworn in as Governor.

One of the arguments Ihedioha team is putting forth is that since Nwosu is the rightful candidate of APC but not qualified to be governor as result of double candidature, the votes of APC should be voided.

Voiding APC votes means AA would also be voided leaving PDP as the party with the most validly casted votes.

In summary

APC won the election according to the Supreme court

Nwosu is the right candidate of APC according to the Supreme Court

Nwosu was disqualified for double candidature according to Supreme court

This means APC and AA don't have candidates in the last election.

Since PDP came second in the last election according to the Supreme Court, Ihedioha should be sworn in.

That is the main argument.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa: Who Is On The Ballot , Party Or Individual? by fergie001: 4:51pm On Feb 16, 2020
ChristianNorth:

There is a subsisting Supreme Court judgment that Nwosu is the rightful candidate of APC, so Uzodinma shouldn't have been sworn in as Governor.

One of the arguments Ihedioha team is putting forth is that since Nwosu is the rightful candidate of APC but not qualified to be governor as result of double candidature, the votes of APC should be voided.

Voiding APC votes means AA would also be voided leaving PDP as the party with the most validly casted votes.

In summary

APC won the election according to the Supreme court

Nwosu is the right candidate of APC according to the Supreme Court

Nwosu was disqualified for double candidature according to Supreme court

This means APC and AA don't have candidates in the last election.

Since PDP came second in the last election according to the Supreme Court, Ihedioha should be sworn in.

That is the main argument.
I get you now....100%....Wow....law sweet.

Thanks my learned Senior, ChristianNorth (SAN), take a bow.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Another Primary School Completed By Prof.zulum / Watch Video Of Boko Haram Attacking Borno Governor / Fulani v Yoruba: Example Why It Is Hard For Igbos To Trust Yorubas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.