Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,473 members, 7,854,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 10:16 AM

Bayelsa: Who Is On The Ballot , Party Or Individual? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa: Who Is On The Ballot , Party Or Individual? (1794 Views)

Can The United Nations Be Sued By Any Country Or Individual? / Governor Makinde Printed Exercise Books Without His Party Or His Picture On It / INEC Includes Zamfara APC Candidates On The Ballot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa: Who Is On The Ballot , Party Or Individual? by Eteka1(m): 4:51pm On Feb 16, 2020
vicdom:

If Supreme court can reverse and change its judgements, it simply means that supposed SC is not final and Supreme. Which means that litigations won't have an end. Check the review case of Zamfara instituted by APC. SC, threw it away and APC was asked to bear the entire costs.
Because it was not properly filled. The went back and did proper filling and the case will be dealt with on Tuesday.
Re: Bayelsa: Who Is On The Ballot , Party Or Individual? by ChristianNorth: 6:42pm On Feb 16, 2020
fergie001:

I get you now....100%....Wow....law sweet.

Thanks my learned Senior, ChristianNorth (SAN), take a bow.
Not a SAN yet. Hopefully soon

You are a lawyer?
Re: Bayelsa: Who Is On The Ballot , Party Or Individual? by fergie001: 8:15pm On Feb 16, 2020
ChristianNorth:

Not a SAN yet. Hopefully soon

You are a lawyer?
Law where?
God will make it happen.
No......only have a close friend who is one. He is urging me for it.
Re: Bayelsa: Who Is On The Ballot , Party Or Individual? by poiZon: 9:17pm On Feb 16, 2020
wwwihy:
Lawyers in the House:

1.Bayelsa: Who is on the Ballot , Party or Individual?
2. Can a lawful votes for a party on the Ballot be cancelled?
3. What happened to accredited voters by INEC.. Is it plus cancelled votes of majority who voted for APC or without it?
4. Do you replace a candidate of a particular party with candidate of another party if something happened to the former ? Given the Supreme Court precedent on :
Muazu
Ameachi Vs Omeha
Yahaya Bello Vs Audu Abubakar

5. Were Justices of Supreme Court erred going by the provisions of electoral act .. .for a fresh election? See attached

Does the electoral act supercedes the constitution of the federal republic?
What does the constitution says concerning this...
Re: Bayelsa: Who Is On The Ballot , Party Or Individual? by sapientia(m): 9:30pm On Feb 16, 2020
ChristianNorth:

There is a subsisting Supreme Court judgment that Nwosu is the rightful candidate of APC, so Uzodinma shouldn't have been sworn in as Governor.

One of the arguments Ihedioha team is putting forth is that since Nwosu is the rightful candidate of APC but not qualified to be governor as result of double candidature, the votes of APC should be voided.

Voiding APC votes means AA would also be voided leaving PDP as the party with the most validly casted votes.

In summary

APC won the election according to the Supreme court

Nwosu is the right candidate of APC according to the Supreme Court

Nwosu was disqualified for double candidature according to Supreme court

This means APC and AA don't have candidates in the last election.

Since PDP came second in the last election according to the Supreme Court, Ihedioha should be sworn in.

That is the main argument.

Detailed summary

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa: Who Is On The Ballot , Party Or Individual? by ChristianNorth: 7:21am On Feb 17, 2020
fergie001:

Law where?
God will make it happen.
No......only have a close friend who is one. He is urging me for it.
Nice job but could be depressing if you don't have a strong support system.

Again, no time for yourself but the reward is massive.

When on a serious case, you might have to do with 4-6 hours of sleep everyday. But if you have a strong Research Associate or Analyst, it will make your job easier.

Kunle is a beast and I don't joke with the dude.
Re: Bayelsa: Who Is On The Ballot , Party Or Individual? by fergie001: 7:48am On Feb 17, 2020
ChristianNorth:

Nice job but could be depressing if you don't have a strong support system.

Again, no time for yourself but the reward is massive.

When on a serious case, you might have to do with 4-6 hours of sleep everyday. But if you have a strong Research Associate or Analyst, it will make your job easier.

Kunle is a beast and I don't joke with the dude.
Great.
Re: Bayelsa: Who Is On The Ballot , Party Or Individual? by wwwihy: 2:10pm On Feb 17, 2020
fergie001:

I get you now....100%....Wow....law sweet.

Thanks my learned Senior, ChristianNorth (SAN), take a bow.
Re: Bayelsa: Who Is On The Ballot , Party Or Individual? by mushystuff: 2:39pm On Feb 17, 2020
Dansuqi:

It still amounts to validly not elected

Once disqualified, you are not even in the running to be elected. Section 14(2) refers to an election tribunal/court. An election tribunal is only constituted after an election is conducted and not before. In other words, matters in an election tribunal and further appeal to higher courts are post-election issues.

For Bayelsa, it is a pre-election matter that was taken to a regular high court and not an election tribunal because elections had not taken place at the time the cause of action arose. This section of the Electoral Act is therefore not applicable.

Elections and votes are for parties which sponsor individuals. It is not a party that will swear an oath of office and execute the functions of whatever office elections are held for. Therefore, no party can stand or Contest elections without individual representatives flying the flag of that party. If they posses wrongful 0r deficient qualifications or they are removed on any other valid grounds for disqualification, the party also falls. That is why parties must screen and conduct primaries before they are nominated to INEC. If they fail in that responsibility, they bear the brunt of any negative outcome.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Voice Of One Crying In The Wilderness: Asiwaju Tinubu---the “golden Bullet" / Lockdown will Continue indefinitely---Buhari / i

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.