Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,159 members, 7,953,602 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:21 PM

The Way Of Love - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Way Of Love (470 Views)

Why Faith Is An Unreliable Way Of Determining Truth / Foluke Adeboye: When You Fall Out Of Cash, Your Wife Will Fall Out Of Love / D.K. Olukoya's 2018 Prophecies And The Way Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Way Of Love by Nobody: 11:40am On Feb 16, 2020
The way of love is supreme. Man's definition of love is diffenrent from the way God explains it.

The way of love is expressed in 1corinthians 13. Hope you will enjoy reading it and learn the true way to love.

If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don't love, I'm nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate.
2 If I speak God's Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, "Jump," and it jumps, but I don't love, I'm nothing.
3 If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, I've gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love.
4 Love never gives up. Love cares more for others than for self. Love doesn't want what it doesn't have. Love doesn't strut, Doesn't have a swelled head,
5 Doesn't force itself on others, Isn't always "me first," Doesn't fly off the handle, Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
6 Doesn't revel when others grovel, Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
7 Puts up with anything, Trusts God always, Always looks for the best, Never looks back, But keeps going to the end.
8 Love never dies. Inspired speech will be over some day; praying in tongues will end; understanding will reach its limit.
9 We know only a portion of the truth, and what we say about God is always incomplete.
10 But when the Complete arrives, our incompletes will be canceled.
11 When I was an infant at my mother's breast, I gurgled and cooed like any infant. When I grew up, I left those infant ways for good.
12 We don't yet see things clearly. We're squinting in a fog, peering through a mist. But it won't be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright! We'll see it all then, see it all as clearly as God sees us, knowing him directly just as he knows us!
13 But for right now, until that completeness, we have three things to do to lead us toward that consummation: Trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly. And the best of the three is love.
I Corinthians 13.
Happy Sunday to you all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Way Of Love by Nobody: 7:56pm On Apr 02, 2020
In time like this when men self isolate, some are quarantined, and many are compelled to stay at home for the fear of the epidemic ravaging the world, let's show some love!

Be a beacon, lend a hand of help. Make someone smile with whatever could bring relief to the ailing and the hungry.

Brighten your corner, show some love!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Way Of Love by Nobody: 10:37pm On Apr 04, 2020
To the many duties ever near you now be true.

Brighten the corner where you are.
Re: The Way Of Love by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 22, 2020
Where is the love of God in your heart?
Re: The Way Of Love by Finallydead: 11:27am On Jun 14, 2020
Hi Body, hope you've been doing great? Just posted this somewhere and felt it might be relevant to your thread too. Don't mind if I do, please.

There are two aspects of love. In greek, they are distinguished as the "agape" and the "philo" (I'm leaving out "eros" ).
"Agape" is simply love that is principled on utter selflessness/ sacrifice of one's will and devotion only to the will of God and needs(not selfish wants) of another.(1Cor13).
"Philo" on the other hand is based on pleasure and the enjoyment/joy of satisfaction derived in another, the object of love.

If you're a believer, you should have experienced at least a minute measure of God's pleasurable love(philo) which convinces us of His goodness.
But after that, the thing is, God wants every believer to experience this pleasure to the fullest, having fullness of joy and satisfaction within(1Pet1:8 ). In this "philo" love all desires for sin are expunged and all your desire is renewed for God and His beauty as you find nothing created compares to.
Jesus Christ remains the pattern for how we can enter into fullness of pleasure love. He lived on earth on the principle of selfless love(agape) until His death and after which He entered into fullness of His Father's joy and pleasure. And He gave His disciples the secret, capping it up here:
Joh 14:21-23 KJV 21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him 22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world? 23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. (here, after the agape love is fulfilled by the man, the pleasurable enjoyment comes through the manifestation of Father and Son to the man)

So also we can here on earth experience God's pleasure love of satisfaction if we live selflessly devoted to the will of God.

NB: God is love regardless of what we do. But those who will experience the fullness of joyous love at will are those who follow the principle of selfless love. Others will settle for mercy droplets and providence.
Some scripturally unlearned folks may tell you we don't have to work for God's love providing scriptures out of context. But we are not working, agape love is expressing the divine nature in us i.e. God is working through us and the more we sow this as a seed, the more we can yield the fruit of "philo" love/fullness of joy...

Might come back if I can to add.

1 Like

Re: The Way Of Love by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 14, 2020
Thanks so much MH, no l don't mind at all. l actually like your insight.

I am doing so well, thanks to God. Its been a while. Trust you are good too.
Finallydead:
Hi Body, hope you've been doing great? Just posted this somewhere and felt it might be relevant to your thread too. Don't mind if I do, please.

Re: The Way Of Love by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jun 14, 2020
If l love as He has commanded, that is , selflessly and unconditionally, the door of joyous fellowship with the Father and Son will automatically open for me to bask in His love uninhibited.

Its such a pleasurable beauty to be the object of God's love.
Finallydead:

Re: The Way Of Love by Finallydead: 12:45pm On Jun 14, 2020
Bodydialect57:
If l love as He has commanded, that is , selflessly and unconditionally, the door of joyous fellowship with the Father and Son will automatically open for me to bask in His love uninhibited.

Its such a pleasurable beauty to be the object of God's love.
Wonderful, Body. Never be discouraged by the love sacrifices no matter the cost, they will open up to you the pleasure of sweet, joyous love right here on earth as the Father and Son manifest by the Spirit to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Way Of Love by Nobody: 8:19am On Jun 16, 2020
No l won't be discouraged MH, His grace will always be sufficient for me.
Finallydead:

Wonderful, Body. Never be discouraged by the love sacrifices no matter the cost, they will open up to you the pleasure of sweet, joyous love right here on earth as the Father and Son manifest by the Spirit to you.
Re: The Way Of Love by Nobody: 8:24am On Jun 16, 2020
You're familiar with the old written law, 'Love your friend,' and its unwritten companion, 'Hate your enemy.'

I'm challenging that. I'm telling you to love your enemies. Let them bring out the best in you, not the worst. When someone gives you a hard time, respond with the energies of prayer,

For then you are working out of your true selves, your God-created selves. This is what God does. He gives his best—the sun to warm and the rain to nourish—to everyone, regardless: the good and bad, the nice and nasty.

If all you do is love the lovable, do you expect a bonus? Anybody can do that.

If you simply say hello to those who greet you, do you expect a medal? Any run-of-the-mill sinner does that.

"In a word, what I'm saying is, Grow up. You're kingdom subjects. Now live like it. Live out your God-created identity. Live generously and graciously toward others, the way God lives toward you.

Matthew 5:44-48.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Way Of Love by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jun 20, 2020
Love is the greatest of the trio: Faith, Hope and Love.

1 Like

Re: The Way Of Love by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 12, 2020
Dear friends, let us love one another, because love comes from God. Whoever loves is a child of God and knows God.

Whoever does not love does not know God, for God is love.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Way Of Love by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 09, 2020
The greatest is love.
Re: The Way Of Love by Midex88(m): 8:10pm On Aug 09, 2020
Inspiring

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

16 Beneficiaries Of OPM Scholarship Depart Nigeria For Turkey / Why The Dead Is Not Resting Until They Are Buried? / Why Blame The Devil?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.