Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,073 members, 7,821,692 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. (24734 Views)

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu To Arrive In Lagos Tuesday For Sallah / Matawalle Buys Cadillac, Expensive Cars For Zamfara Monarchs (photos) / BREAKING: INEC May Postpone Election Till Tuesday For Logistics Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by FuckAllTheMODs: 2:53pm On Feb 16, 2020
AFONJACOW:
and what of ihedioha case Forth person miraculously became first... Where is ur prophet of doom mbaka

Mr Man face your state.

Are you from Imo state?

What is your business with that state?

Do you think Ihedioha stands a chance against Hope, if not for Rochas and his in-law issue.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by golddare: 2:55pm On Feb 16, 2020
NyenwePHC:
grin
And extraordinary confusion continues. Tuesday got to be a very great day. My only prayer is that the wise men and women in the apex court should expertise justice in the case of David Lyon, how can someone throw away the baby and bathwater just because the baby pop inside?

Even God in his infinite grace has made provision to separate the chaff from the seed on the last day rather than destroying everything on the account of wickedness.

I dont think anything will change with Lyons case, it's a bad case but because you mentioned God, I rest my case.
Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by Timatayo1: 2:55pm On Feb 16, 2020
Stupid government and stupid leaders
Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by sapientia(m): 2:56pm On Feb 16, 2020
Cos of IMO
Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by truehero(m): 2:56pm On Feb 16, 2020
What is SUPREME about the supreme court if all their verdict are to be reviewed? The world has left Nigeria behind.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by FuckAllTheMODs: 2:58pm On Feb 16, 2020
kingkakaone:

The truth is that the SC will never review that case. It is like telling the supreme Court that they don't know what they are doing.

Their basis for seeking a review is foolish itself.

The lawyer in the APC team needs to be stripped of his SAN title.

I think they have money to waste that is why they are pushing for all these unnecessary review.

Honestly, it will be like they are not competent enough in the first judgement.

Those lawyers are looking for ways to get more money.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by sosospence(m): 2:58pm On Feb 16, 2020
Validated:
Since we are in the season of rreview, PDP and Adeleke should also ask for review of his case in Osun State. Basing his loss on the absence of lead justice at the lower court is simple technicality tha should be corrected.
Exactly
Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by RedBororo(m): 2:59pm On Feb 16, 2020
Can a sound lawyer please explain this current trend in review, does it have legal backing after Supreme Court vindict , am so so confuse , lawyer Gimba help me

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by ignis: 3:00pm On Feb 16, 2020
We are patiently waiting
Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by sosospence(m): 3:00pm On Feb 16, 2020
abes:
I think fresh elections will be ordered in both Zamfara and Bayelsa according the Section 140(b) of the electoral act, while the decision of Imo will be remain as it is according to Section 140(c) of the electoral act.
My opinion.
Imo remain indeed

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by Eteka1(m): 3:00pm On Feb 16, 2020
gratiaeo:
Nigeria is gone forever.
All this happening under Buhari incompetent administration
seems you cannot do without mentioning Buhari. Is Buhari a judge?
Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by Thirteenblood: 3:00pm On Feb 16, 2020
Wow

Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by Sunnycliff(m): 3:01pm On Feb 16, 2020
NyenwePHC:
grin
And extraordinary confusion continues. Tuesday got to be a very great day. My only prayer is that the wise men and women in the apex court should expertise justice in the case of David Lyon, how can someone throw away the baby and bathwater just because the baby pop inside?

Even God in his infinite grace has made provision to separate the chaff from the seed on the last day rather than destroying everything on the account of wickedness.

Are you encouraging forgery of documents
Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by Sunnycliff(m): 3:03pm On Feb 16, 2020
NyenwePHC:
grin

Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by johnmartus(m): 3:03pm On Feb 16, 2020
cool
Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by Sufisunni: 3:05pm On Feb 16, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
What is all this review nonsense? When did this bullshit started?

I hope it would not now become a normal thing for supreme court to judge its case twice.. or better still create another court to supersede supreme court...
I certainly believe, none of the judgements will be reversed. They dare not do it, if not they will become the worst supreme Court judges in Nigeria history.
Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by xrayj(m): 3:05pm On Feb 16, 2020
Donvictor2015:
Review should be on special cases that judgment was passed via technicalities. I hope this review shouldn't find its way to be a norm in Supreme Court judgment. This would be where democracy would be maltreated, wounded and buried.
@bold true
The reviews are not necessary in my opinion
Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by azpekuliar: 3:09pm On Feb 16, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:

No.

Most of these problems arise because most Nigerians don't want the electoral.process to be free and fair.

Until Nigerians change, you cannot expect the Supreme Court to change.

You mean Nigerians were the ones who asked Buhari not the sign the revised Electoral Act into law throughout the whole of 2017, 2018 and before the elections in 2019?

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by WATCHOVER(m): 3:09pm On Feb 16, 2020
abes:
I think fresh elections will be ordered in both Zamfara and Bayelsa according the Section 140(b) of the electoral act, while the decision of Imo will remain as it is according to Section 140(c) of the electoral act.
My opinion.
Your opinion look very biased it won't come to pass

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by xrayj(m): 3:10pm On Feb 16, 2020
FuckAllTheMODs:
Why all these review?

I thought Supreme court is the Apex court.

Before you know it now, all these corrupt people will abuse this review of a thing.

If SC judges are wise, they better strike out all the review or uphold their initial judgement for the sake of their integrity or else this will be the beginning of the end of their power indirectly.
Honestly
Tanko wants to ruin the little integrity left of supreme court.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by abes(m): 3:20pm On Feb 16, 2020
WATCHOVER:

Your opinion look very biased it won't come to pass

My opinion is based on section 140(b) of the electoral act. If an elected candidate is disqualified based on ineligibility, fresh elections should be called, not declaring the next candidate with the highest votes to be the winner. That's the case for Zamfara and Bayelsa.
Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by FuckAllTheMODs: 3:21pm On Feb 16, 2020
xrayj:

Honestly
Tanko wants to ruin the little integrity left of supreme court.

Not only him, including the other Judges of SC. Just that he is the CJ of SC.
Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by Dansuqi: 3:24pm On Feb 16, 2020
abes:
I think fresh elections will be ordered in both Zamfara and Bayelsa according the Section 140(b) of the electoral act, while the decision of Imo will remain as it is according to Section 140(c) of the electoral act.
My opinion.
No,let there be fresh elections the three states
Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by Dansuqi: 3:25pm On Feb 16, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

They are lumping the cases together like all the cases are the same. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME!! The Imo case is quite different from all the others!It is not just weird, it is entirely the only case where Supreme Court actually aided and abetted fraud and rigging.

And I think it is quite intentional going by how the SC bent itself out of shape to carefully avoid mentioning numbers in their judgment, in a case that is all about numbers!
Also notice they said nothing about meeting “the required constitutional geographical spread of votes”! Because they know the numbers make no sense - the man gave himself 2 times the registered number of voters in some places!
Then when INEC gave him certificate the next day, they carefully made sure NOT to release final tally of votes (because they know they’d be laughed at!)

How hard is it to obtain INEC documents, write any results u wish, keep the carbon copies, and destroy the rest??
Or is it that it is so hard to obtain INEC documents??
The ONLY way to checkmate that is to accept INEC’s word, UNDER OATH, that they never issued those documents!

I am not at all into politics at all, but here is what someone into Imo politics wrote:

Imo people did not vote for Hope. Hope didn't even campaign in Imo because of the APC crises between him and Rochas who was fronting his in-law, Uche Nwosu.

On the day of the election, Hope and some APC loyalists were lodged in a Hotel in Owerri writing results after INEC announced results. They brought the results and were compelling returning officer to announce but he refused that it was fake that even party reps have raised the alarm.
Since majority of our politicians write results,what should the court do
Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by 77up(m): 3:25pm On Feb 16, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
What is all this review nonsense? When did this bullshit started?

I hope it would not now become a normal thing for supreme court to judge its case twice.. or better still create another court to supersede supreme court...
or maybe we should have court of review CR cheesy and that ll super sede supreme Court SC sad .
Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by Dansuqi: 3:27pm On Feb 16, 2020
abes:

My opinion is based on section 140(b) of the electoral act. If an elected candidate is disqualified based on ineligibility, fresh elections should be called, not declaring the next candidate with the highest votes to be the winner. That's the case for Zamfara and Bayelsa.
I agree.
Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by abes(m): 3:28pm On Feb 16, 2020
Dansuqi:

No,let there be fresh elections the three states

Section 140(b) doesn't apply the case of Imo, but Section 140(c) applies.

Please read the section in the electoral act.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by Dollabiz: 3:30pm On Feb 16, 2020
Ok
Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by Dansuqi: 3:32pm On Feb 16, 2020
abes:

Section 140(b) doesn't apply the case of Imo, but Section 140(c) applies.

Please read the section in the electoral act.
Please,help me with that section
Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by ivieeseosa: 3:37pm On Feb 16, 2020
Osun state and Presidential election should be added to the list.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:42pm On Feb 16, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:

I'm beginning to think we need a court higher than Supreme Court.. ice-cream

grin
Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by ddippset(m): 3:49pm On Feb 16, 2020
A lot of people commenting here exhibiting crass ignorance and stupiidity.

The Supreme Court has become ridiculed?

How? When? Why?

The Supreme Court has got the right to turn down the request to review all of the cases and it is case closed.

Nothing will happen.

All this is happening only because for the first time in our existence we have 2 big parties with big egos who can't accept election losses.

For both parties it is win at all cost.

When they win, it is democracy at work, and the rule of law in full measure.

When they lose it is democracy in danger and judiciary destroyed.

The politicians APC and PDP have collectively destroyed the judiciary.

With all the noise about Buhari and Tanko destroying the Judiciary and the Supreme Court one would find it hard to believe that the opposition PDP has actually win a lot of election cases at the Supreme Court.
They have won a lot.

When they win they forget Tanko but when they lose they remember Tanko.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Why I Visited Obasanjo" - Bukola Saraki / King Dibbo, Hajo Sani's Son: "It Feels Good To Be A Self-made Millionaire" / Edo Central, North Monarchs Urge DSS, Police To Arrest Ijaw Traditional Rulers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.