Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,166 members, 7,821,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. (24739 Views)

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu To Arrive In Lagos Tuesday For Sallah / Matawalle Buys Cadillac, Expensive Cars For Zamfara Monarchs (photos) / BREAKING: INEC May Postpone Election Till Tuesday For Logistics Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by 27Pushing30: 3:50pm On Feb 16, 2020
NyenwePHC:
grin
And extraordinary confusion continues. Tuesday got to be a very great day. My only prayer is that the wise men and women in the apex court should expertise justice in the case of David Lyon, how can someone throw away the baby and bathwater just because the baby pop inside?

Even God in his infinite grace has made provision to separate the chaff from the seed on the last day rather than destroying everything on the account of wickedness.
As in ehn ...

Makes no sense , ONLY Governorship candidates are nominated via primaries ... the outcome of the primaries is not in doubt! Neither has it been contested

The deputy was selected & judgement was given on the eve of an election ((ONLY IN NIGERIA)

It’s a simple case of changing the deputy
Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by Agboriotejoye(m): 3:50pm On Feb 16, 2020
When we were telling illiterate bubu and his zombies that the onnoghen matter will not end well, they were shining their dirty teeth. It's obvious now that confidence is at its lowest ebb in the history of the supposed hallowed court. Never has it happened in our history that a CJN will be referred to as OBJ's or Yar'adua's or GEJ's. Not even Abacha was looked upon as having made the CJN his stooge.
It's obvious now that every judgement coming out from the SC will always be looked upon with political undertones due to the interference by Bubu. The only way out is if and when Tanko retires and a CJN emerges by recommendation of the NJC as the norm used to be.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by lessonsoflife: 3:51pm On Feb 16, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
What is all this review nonsense? When did this bullshit started?

I hope it would not now become a normal thing for supreme court to judge its case twice.. or better still create another court to supersede supreme court...

Prime Supreme Court grin

Highest Supreme Court of Nigeria lol

Because of greed and corruption, Nigeria highest learned men so to speak are disgracing the nation.
Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by ddippset(m): 3:54pm On Feb 16, 2020
xrayj:

Honestly
Tanko wants to ruin the little integrity left of supreme court.
Whenever PDP wins, it is God or Mary Odilli.

Whenever PDP loses it is Tanko.

Clowns!
Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by SolarEdge: 3:54pm On Feb 16, 2020
Ok
Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by CanadaOrBust: 3:54pm On Feb 16, 2020
Dansuqi:

Since majority of our politicians write results,what should the court do

As u said, all elections have errors and shenanigans. But that’s why the bar for removing an incumbent is high. After all the games and maneuverings the umpire declares a result. It is VERY IMPORTANT not to change that result unless the documentary proof is unassailable and the reasons crystal clear. INEC declared Ihedioha the winner and Hope 4th place. That’s the baseline. They were not equal - one was the incumbent, the other came FOURTH! You don’t lightly change that.
YOU DON’T DO IT BY REFUSING TO EXAMINE DOCUMENTS OR BY ACCEPTING CLEARLY FRAUDULENT NUMBERS!

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by ddippset(m): 3:57pm On Feb 16, 2020
The biggest problem is with these 2 big agbaya parties we have today.

In the past it was PDP and other tiny parties so PDP had the musle to bully them.

But now we have 2 big parties.

They can't accept they they have lost an election.

Each one fighting for the keys to the National Vault to go there to power and share money.

And the youths following them like fools upandan.
Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by sammhi(m): 3:58pm On Feb 16, 2020
DonFreshmoney:

I hope it would not now become a normal thing for supreme court to judge its case twice.. or better still create another court to supersede supreme court...
The disaster called Buhari ha brought another disaster called Tanko
Obviously, APC arm twisted Tanko to
Give them IMO as pay back oe compensation for Zamfara. Tanko and supreme court has lost its value ....Courtesy of Buhari and Tanko
Now every case is a review ....The IMO is understandable...For a review ...
So obviously what's happening is that since IMO wants review , APC Tanko also want to review Zamfara
When an uneducated man is given a position higher than his intellect, you get all sort of terrible things . That's exCtly what's happening in Buhari govt

Since Zamfara has a new govt , is life not betrer for.its citizens? No they want to destabilize the state .
Tanko , Buhari are human disasters . Buhari has destroyed every progress made in this democracy.
IMO judgement was a coup d'etat ... by Buhari to reclaim IMO by force .
See how Tanko fixed all the 3 cases in one day .. Obviously They have made up their mind what they want to and their decision is obvious . It is No longer judgement but decision by Buhari and Tanko given to announce as ' unanimous '. ..We de watch

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by xrayj(m): 4:04pm On Feb 16, 2020
ddippset:
Whenever PDP wins, it is God or Mary Odilli.

Whenever PDP loses it is Tanko.

Clowns!
U are very silly?
Did u read my comment?
Is tanko not the chief justice of SC??
Can any case be reviewed without his approval?
My point was no case should be reviewed after SC judgement, whether pdp or apc? it tells a lot about their integrity, but u are too blind & f00lish to understand my post. Animal!

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by Jahkye: 4:04pm On Feb 16, 2020
[s]
Bolustical:
Okkk
[/s]
Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by lessonsoflife: 4:05pm On Feb 16, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

As u said, all elections have errors and shenanigans. But that’s why the bar for removing an incumbent is high. After all the games and maneuverings the umpire declares a result. It is VERY IMPORTANT not to change that result unless the documentary proof is unassailable and the reasons crystal clear. INEC declared Ihedioha the winner and Hope 4th place. That’s the baseline. They were not equal - one was the incumbent, the other came FOURTH! You don’t lightly change that.
YOU DON’T DO IT BY REFUSING TO EXAMINE DOCUMENTS OR BY ACCEPTING CLEARLY FRAUDULENT NUMBERS!

And now they are scheming for a way to lobby one state to APC.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by sammhi(m): 4:11pm On Feb 16, 2020
tinsel:

I agree. A highly politicised Supreme court.The worst ever in Nigeria. Not even during the military regime.
Tanko knows nothing ..So he can't even argue with logic against the evil men in presidency
So whatever he is told to do or shown to him he accepts . He is a disaster

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by AFONJACOW(m): 4:12pm On Feb 16, 2020
FuckAllTheMODs:

Mr Man face your state.

Are you from Imo state?

What is your business with that state?

Do you think Ihedioha stands a chance against Hope, if not for Rochas and his in-law issue.
and do you think Lyon stand a chance of wining if not of Bull-hari rigging machineries in INEC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by lessonsoflife: 4:12pm On Feb 16, 2020
Agboriotejoye:
When we were telling illiterate bubu and his zombies that the onnoghen matter will not end well, they were shining their dirty teeth. It's obvious now that confidence is at its lowest ebb in the history of the supposed hallowed court. Never has it happened in our history that a CJN will be referred to as OBJ's or Yar'adua's or GEJ's. Not even Abacha was looked upon as having made the CJN his stooge.
It's obvious now that every judgement coming out from the SC will always be looked upon with political undertones due to the interference by Bubu. The only way out is if and when Tanko retires and a CJN emerges by recommendation of the NJC as the norm used to be.

The norm has been altered and henceforth subsequent Presidents will bully any CJ perceived as enemy.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by Mintek: 4:15pm On Feb 16, 2020
greggng:

Recall a similar judgement has covered in the past ....supreme court simply nullify the party victory without asking the second in command to takeover. A 're run was ordered. But in this case the decided u use double standard........by recognising the person that came second, they are by implication admitting that someone actually came first ....This is miscarriage of justice ....

Uncle, If you're referring to the Muazu's case in Bauchi back then, note that the case was before our Electoral Laws were reviewed.
Right now, any infraction found with any one of the two individuals on a joint ticket will invalidate their ticket.

There is no ambiguity with the Bayelsa judgement.
Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by Mintek: 4:16pm On Feb 16, 2020
[s]
abes:
I think fresh elections will be ordered in both Zamfara and Bayelsa according the Section 140(b) of the electoral act, while the decision of Imo will remain as it is according to Section 140(c) of the electoral act.
My opinion.
[/s]
Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by Nobody: 4:25pm On Feb 16, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

grin

Fan Ice cream much better.
Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by Nobody: 4:26pm On Feb 16, 2020
azpekuliar:

You mean Nigerians were the ones who asked Buhari not the sign the revised Electoral Act into law throughout the whole of 2017, 2018 and before the elections in 2019?

This one pass eelctoral act.

Laws that , for example, allow elections to be held one year to inaguaration, among other things, so that legal messes can be sorted out in time.
Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by alen4smith(m): 4:37pm On Feb 16, 2020
gratiaeo:
Nigeria is gone forever.
All this happening under Buhari incompetent administration
how old are you?I asked because It happened in the case of Adamu muazu of Bauchi state

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by kurupt1: 4:43pm On Feb 16, 2020
DonFreshmoney:

this confusion started immediately Buhari foisted Tanko as CJN.The man is running the supreme Court like a Sharia court

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by GoodGovernance: 4:45pm On Feb 16, 2020
I just wonder why people are blaming the supreme court for lawyers exercising their right to make money from clients.

The status of an application for review can only be determined on the hearing date which has been fixed for next Tuesday.

Request for review is a constitutionally guaranteed right of every aggrieved persons and the conditionalities are also explicit, even to the dullest lawyer.

A provision for review does not remove any atom from the supremacy and finality of the Supreme Court,it rather reinforces it.

Even God may decide to review some of His decisions,otherwise no forgiveness for sinners.That is why He remains almighty.

The decision/review by God or Supreme court still remains final!
Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by ddippset(m): 4:50pm On Feb 16, 2020
xrayj:

U are very silly?
Did u read my comment?
Is tanko not the chief justice of SC??
Can any case be reviewed without his approval?
My point was no case should be reviewed after SC judgement, whether pdp or apc? it tells a lot about their integrity, but u are too blind & f00lish to understand my post. Animal!
This review thing started with Imo.

PDP called for a review.

If Tanko's Supreme Court had said no review and their decision was final, and thrown PDP and Ihedioha's review appeal out,

You, I mean you right there! would be the first to insult Tanko and say he is working for APC that's why he refused to allow for review to the judgement already given.

Don't act like you are not one of the hypocrites.
Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by ddippset(m): 4:52pm On Feb 16, 2020
alen4smith:
how old are you?I asked because It happened in the case of Adamu muazu of Bauchi state
Believe me he's gone.

He won't answer you again.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by ddippset(m): 4:54pm On Feb 16, 2020
All this started because the monster bully party PDP which thought it would be in power for 60 years for booted out by APC.

Now we have 2 big parties who can't accept that they lost an election.
Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by saajus: 5:18pm On Feb 16, 2020
We cannot be bringing God to our matters while we are disobeying the law of the land. Do you mean we should throw away our electoral act? The electoral act says aspirant and running mate are on a joint ticket. That makes sense. Some people voted for Buhari because of Osinbajo. We should detest any form of crime. How can we have a sane society when our leaders are using fake certificates?
NyenwePHC:
grin
And extraordinary confusion continues. Tuesday got to be a very great day. My only prayer is that the wise men and women in the apex court should expertise justice in the case of David Lyon, how can someone throw away the baby and bathwater just because the baby pop inside?

Even God in his infinite grace has made provision to separate the chaff from the seed on the last day rather than destroying everything on the account of wickedness.
Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by Aiyk2333: 6:24pm On Feb 16, 2020
funny!!! seems we need another court higher than Supreme Court or rather ICC should be the final lap!!!! supreme court now works like INEC, supreme court now reviews its judgment!! Just because of the mess they made about Imo
Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by CyberWolf: 6:53pm On Feb 16, 2020
abes:
I think fresh elections will be ordered in both Zamfara and Bayelsa according the Section 140(b) of the electoral act, while the decision of Imo will remain as it is according to Section 140(c) of the electoral act.
My opinion.
Electoral act does not supersede the constitution, get that into your head.
Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by FuckAllTheMODs: 6:55pm On Feb 16, 2020
AFONJACOW:
and do you think Lyon stand a chance of wining if not of Bull-hari rigging machineries in INEC

Nothing concern me with Bayelsa.

BTW na Dickson do mistake go impose Diri on them, na their the issue take come.
If na Timi contest, Lyon for no see any vote except from him family, party members and close allies.
Re: Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. by CyberWolf: 7:06pm On Feb 16, 2020
FuckAllTheMODs:

Honestly, it is not as if they contested in the general election o.

Wait, let say SC judgement favors them after the review. Are they going to other for a new election because they didn't participate in the governorship election.
They participated.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Troops Rescue Nine Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Abuja Road / SANS Fault Presidency's Attack On Grazing Ban, NEF Slams Buhari / Photos Of The Presidential Candidates At The Peace Signing Event in ICC Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.