Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,147 members, 7,811,239 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

Before The Biafrian Struggle. Struggle Of An Unsung Hero.(PHOTOS) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Before The Biafrian Struggle. Struggle Of An Unsung Hero.(PHOTOS) (6329 Views)

Victor Banjo: The Biafrian Soldier That Fought Against Nigeria / Biafrian Resistance Fighters Currently In Abuja / Peter Obi Is Neither An Igbo Nor Biafrian Agenda, Olanrewaju Ojuoluwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before The Biafrian Struggle. Struggle Of An Unsung Hero.(PHOTOS) by Coldie(m): 4:16pm On Feb 17, 2020
Dedetwo:

What type of silly logic is the bolded above? Did people of Ikot Itu elected Azikiwe? If Ndigbo did not want Prof. Eyo Ita to lead them, even though been a national president of NCNC, he should have been voted down as the case when vote of no confidence was leveled against his government.
They lie a lot. But one time there eyes will clear.

This is 2020, light no still dae 2020, 10years from 2030, before u know it we are entering a new century and Nigeria is still stuck in the 1900's.

Yet look at how a lot of people are thinking. Everyone knows the truth, we igbos might not be perfect but if Biafra had succeeded in the 70's the Eastern region won't be like this in this era. We are not an unserious people.

2 Likes

Re: Before The Biafrian Struggle. Struggle Of An Unsung Hero.(PHOTOS) by Coldie(m): 4:18pm On Feb 17, 2020
franchasng:
He is right, Yorubas don't invest outside Yoruba land in Nigeria. Igbos are the only tribe that invest wherever they live and make money freely without being tribal.

Igbos are the thread holding Nigeria's unity together, that is why all tribes don't want Igbos to leave Nigeria to have their Biafra.
We can't leave this country we only want our rights.

And that's all.
Re: Before The Biafrian Struggle. Struggle Of An Unsung Hero.(PHOTOS) by SlayerForever: 4:19pm On Feb 17, 2020
Coldie:
LoL

wink
Re: Before The Biafrian Struggle. Struggle Of An Unsung Hero.(PHOTOS) by mercyville: 4:19pm On Feb 17, 2020
Tobrasky:

Majority of the Igbo obsessing bastards are Afonja pigs, but they can do us the honors of giving us the attention online, while we are busy buying up their lands with the Fulani herdsmen taking over their states in a double whammy grin

Slave mentality.How can the poverty stricken Igbos buy up the lands of the Yorubas who are the richest people and most developed region in Nigeria?

Yorubas are using the few rich Igbos to develop their region while Igboland remains backward..White men and their slaves come to mind.

When Yorubas are done with the Igbos,the few lands will be revoked and Igbos will be sent back to Alaigbo.

Ibadan,,a Yoruba city is more develped than the entire Igboland.Go and develop Igboland and save them from poverty.

2 Likes

Re: Before The Biafrian Struggle. Struggle Of An Unsung Hero.(PHOTOS) by Coldie(m): 5:12pm On Feb 17, 2020
This is 2020, 80years before a new century.

Already the 21st century is an age of innovation the world has gone far and Nigeria is still stuck in underdevelopment and a lot if u see nothing wrong with it.

Its not even about Biafra by now Nigerians as a whole are supposed to be Angry with Nigeria, a lot of Nigerians are frustrated u are 30 years a graduate and jobless and still live with your parents, in a hot room without electricity. With your poverty you go outside the little money you have police would arrest u and take it from u.

This is 2020 bail our us free yet you would get arrested and police would be pricing bail money with u and a lot if u see nothing wrong, Hausa/Fulani or Nigeria is not fueling Biafra, so many people are just tired of the frustration.

1 Like

Re: Before The Biafrian Struggle. Struggle Of An Unsung Hero.(PHOTOS) by tsdarkside(m): 5:25pm On Feb 17, 2020
MONIKERREVEALER:

So, at the emboldened, I have been discussing with a kid sef!!!

Don't you know that ikemba sent the fleeing easterners who came back home from the northern progroms back to the north upon the promise of gowon to protect them and, later on, the same easterners got killed in even huger numbers after they went back to their northern bases?!!!

Did Ojukwu pick up arms against the state when he insisted on the aburi accord being honored by the concerned parties?!!!

Was it not the entire easterners who mandated him to secede?!!!

Has MNK's mouth transformed into nuclear weapons?!!!

Draw closer to your dad and definitely you will be the wiser for it?!!!

ehen....!!
talk iji....!!

did south south agree too....!!??....or call them minorities....
why did they fight against you in groups....??
Re: Before The Biafrian Struggle. Struggle Of An Unsung Hero.(PHOTOS) by Coldie(m): 5:29pm On Feb 17, 2020
tsdarkside:

ehen....!!
talk iji....!!

did south south agree too....!!??....or call them minorities....
why did they fight against you in groups....??

Did the entire ijaws agree on Boros plan?

If Ijaws are the fourth largest ethnic group according to them.

How come an uprising like that could only birth less than 200 soldiers.

If majority of ijaws were with Boro or gave him the go ahead do u think it would be so?
Re: Before The Biafrian Struggle. Struggle Of An Unsung Hero.(PHOTOS) by tsdarkside(m): 5:34pm On Feb 17, 2020
Coldie:

Did the entire ijaws agree on Boros plan?

If Ijaws are the fourth largest ethnic group according to them.

How come an uprising like that could only birth less than 200 soldiers.

If majority of ijaws were with Boro or gave him the go ahead do u think it would be so?

now we have a issue....
we dont know who agreed to anybody....

i saw a video were cownunu was rantin to eastern chieftains to return with buharis head....
and they were clappin....??

now tell me which south south chieftain would clapp to that....??
Re: Before The Biafrian Struggle. Struggle Of An Unsung Hero.(PHOTOS) by Coldie(m): 5:36pm On Feb 17, 2020
referandum:
Here's the thing, there was no single industry situated in the region, they were all situated in the outside Niger Delta, the fishery industry was 80 miles away at Aba, tie boat yard at Opobo was headquatered at Enugu, with most of its staffs mostly non-Ijo. More marginalzation were felt in 1959 when the Niger Delta Congress won only one seat at the Fedral house through Melford Okilo. In 1962 eastern region election and 1964 fedral election NDC lost to the. Igbo dominated NCNC. In the eastern region house they had four against 110, and 2 out of 58 in the mid western house.
1958 Adaka led a delegation to London, to look into the plight of the minorities, leading to the set up of Willinks commission and the institution of Niger Delta Development Board. Relive at last?

The willinks commission have u read it, lies and greed from your people didn't start today;

"THE FEARS AND GRIEVANCES OF MINORITIES

7. “It was suggested (by non-Ibo petitioners) that it was the deliberate object of the Ibo majority in the Region to fill every post with Ibos (in public post and services).….when, however we came to consider specific complaints about the composition of public bodies, we found them in many cases exaggerated or unreasonable.”

8. “The allegation was put forward by counsel (to petitioners) that the Judiciary (when not European) was predominantly Ibo, with the implication that this caused fear among those who are not Ibos. But it was clearly stated in evidence by Dr. Udoma, the leader of UNIP, that no occasion could be adduced of the judiciary acting with partiality. The fact is that the legal profession is largely Ibos and the reasons for this do not seem to be Government action. It is therefore inevitable that there should be an Ibo preponderance among Judges and Magistrates. Further, it is the declared policy of Government that the Judiciary should be federal and this does not indicate a desire to control it. Again, the operation and composition of Public Service Commission here, as in the West, appeared to us in no way open to reproach.”

9. “In the Police, which in this region alone is wholly Federal, the number of Ibos in the higher appointments is not out of proportion to the Ibos in the region. The force is now federally controlled and although there are a large number of Ibos in the lower ranks, this is due to the fact that it has for long been a tradition among the Ibos to offer themselves for recruitment in this force in far greater numbers than any other tribe.”

10. “we noted that in five years, 1952 – 1957, from a total of 412 secondary scholarships, 216 were awarded to persons living in the COR areas, while the figures for post-secondary scholarships were 211 out of 623. The latter is about the right proportion of one-third, the former considerably in excess. It was suggested that scholarships awarded to non-Ibos were of an inferior kind and that the best scholarships went to Ibos, but we were, unable to see that this claim held any validity. On the evidence before us, we conclude that the allegations of discriminations in the matter of scholarships are unjustified.”

11. “It was further suggested that loans by the Eastern Regional Finance Corporation, the Eastern Region Development Board, and the Eastern Region Development Corporation were made with some degree of preference to Ibos. It did appear that most of the loans made by these bodies were to Ibos, but that is not to say that this was necessarily improper. Ibos constitute two thirds of the population of the region and have a bigger share of financial and commercial responsibility than their numbers warrant.”

12. “That there should be modern streetlight in Onitsha, and not Calabar, was also quoted as example of discrimination; it proved however that Onitsha Urban District Council had financed this measure from their own resources.”

13. “The question of land was repeatedly raised, it being resented by the Efiks and Ibibios that the Ibos should acquire land at all in their territory while the methods by which it was obtained were also questioned. There is no doubt that on the Ibo Plateau there is insufficient land for the people and the Ibos ate thrusting outwards where possible they acquire land and use it either for cultivation or building…..This is a matter which will require legislation sooner or later and it will be delicate to handle, but the economic process is in itself healthy and we had little sympathy with a witness who remarked that there is much undeveloped land in district and he was anxious that it should not fall into the hand of the Ibos….We believe that Governments in Nigeria should be careful not to try to protect minorities by introducing measures that would restrict development.”

14. “A group of miscellaneous grievances and charges against the Ibos from Calabar may be treated together; we were told that the Ibos did not observe local customs in the markets….We formed the impression that jealousy of the Ibos successes in the markets was the main factor.

https://scannewsnigeria.com/news/willink-report-1958-the-following-are-excerpts-from-a-the-report-of-the-commission-appointed-to-enquire-into-the-fears-of-minorities-and-the-means-of-allaying-them-otherwise-known-a
Re: Before The Biafrian Struggle. Struggle Of An Unsung Hero.(PHOTOS) by tsdarkside(m): 5:37pm On Feb 17, 2020
we didnt agreed on anything biafra....!!

using that as aguement today is silly when not insulting....

biafrans were rebels....!!

yes....!!
i said it....!!

bite me....!!!!

1 Like

Re: Before The Biafrian Struggle. Struggle Of An Unsung Hero.(PHOTOS) by tsdarkside(m): 5:39pm On Feb 17, 2020
and i go so far and say anybody that is still pushin for biafra should be placed in the level of boko haram....!!
Re: Before The Biafrian Struggle. Struggle Of An Unsung Hero.(PHOTOS) by Coldie(m): 5:40pm On Feb 17, 2020
tsdarkside:

now we have a issue....
we dont know who agreed to anybody....

i saw a video were cownunu was rantin to eastern chieftains to return with buharis head....
and they were clappin....??

now tell me which south south chieftain would clapp to that....??
Show me the video, no be mouth.

If u are above 25 and u are educated let's talk reasonably and debate reasonably.

Show me where KANU told Igbo chiefs to return with Buharis head?

I am not a fan of KANU, I only admire him for the fact that his group has remained peaceful despite all the trials they have faced.
Re: Before The Biafrian Struggle. Struggle Of An Unsung Hero.(PHOTOS) by tsdarkside(m): 5:41pm On Feb 17, 2020
Coldie:

Show me the video, no be mouth.

If u are above 25 and u are educated let's talk reasonably and debate reasonably.

Show me where KANU told Igbo chiefs to return with Buharis head?

I am not a fan of KANU, I only admire him for the fact that his group has remained peaceful despite all the trials they have faced.

park joor....
Re: Before The Biafrian Struggle. Struggle Of An Unsung Hero.(PHOTOS) by Coldie(m): 5:41pm On Feb 17, 2020
tsdarkside:
and i go so far and say anybody that is still pushin for biafra should be placed in the level of boko haram....!!
Stop talking to yourself. I want u to engage me.

Let's all bring the truth to bare
Re: Before The Biafrian Struggle. Struggle Of An Unsung Hero.(PHOTOS) by tsdarkside(m): 5:42pm On Feb 17, 2020
Coldie:

Stop talking to yourself. I want u to engage me.

Let's all bring the truth to bare

you cant engage me....
i will only end up abusin your ol tribe again....
Re: Before The Biafrian Struggle. Struggle Of An Unsung Hero.(PHOTOS) by Coldie(m): 5:47pm On Feb 17, 2020
tsdarkside:

you cant engage me....
i will only end up abusin your ol tribe again....
Are we debating like reasonable people here or we are here to be doing afonja, cone heads, flat heads rubbish.

Get sense o

1 Like

Re: Before The Biafrian Struggle. Struggle Of An Unsung Hero.(PHOTOS) by Xisnin(m): 5:52pm On Feb 17, 2020
Armaggedon:
op I am sure you have come with a stupid Igbo bashing thread but you are inadvertently displaying your ignorance.

Adaka boro was a fool who could be likened to Mohammed Yusuf of first book haram. he woke up one day without a plan, without an ideology, without plausible grievances, and took up arms against the army. Of course you don't expect the government to keep quiet. I am sure he would have been executed if he did that under Hausa Fulani but ironsi commuted his death sentence to prison terms and the same fool who who claimed he was seeking for freedom then joined to enslave his people under Hausa Fulani during the civil war. Even his Hausa Fulani co conspirators had to kill him during the end cos they apparently knew he was unstable and couldn't be trusted.

To be clear, the area he sought to make a country was ijawland, the present day Bayelsa, not 'south south'.

He claimed the place was being neglected. This is only partially true because oil production wasn't significant during the period. Before oil discovery, it was coal in Igboland that formed the major resource for the region and the country yet Igbo's didn't shout. He never claim they were excluded. in fact he was an sub president in unn. He never claimed anything was given to people with relevant qualification that was denied them.

Adaka Boro is a fool but the hate-preaching fugitive in London is a hero.
Your submission sums up all the fake love you claim to have for the Niger-Delta.
Suddenly, the secession-loving group are now against it when it paints them in a bad light.

1 Like

Re: Before The Biafrian Struggle. Struggle Of An Unsung Hero.(PHOTOS) by Coldie(m): 5:56pm On Feb 17, 2020
Xisnin:

Your submission sums up all the fake love you claim to have for the Niger-Delta.
Suddenly, the secession-loving group are now against it when it paints them in a bad light.
We no claim fake love.

We love the Niger Delta as much as they love us, no addition no subtraction.

If there love for us is real its reciprocal, if its fake its also reciprocal.

SIMPLE

1 Like

Re: Before The Biafrian Struggle. Struggle Of An Unsung Hero.(PHOTOS) by Coldie(m): 6:11pm On Feb 17, 2020
They wanted to spread lies they got busted from all angle. And none want to say anything again

1 Like

Re: Before The Biafrian Struggle. Struggle Of An Unsung Hero.(PHOTOS) by mrvitalis(m): 7:09pm On Feb 17, 2020
Coldie:

This is wrong.

Guy stop talking like this, we igbos need an alliance with the north cause it seems we are both owners of Nigeria.

Igbos in the sense that we have assets all over Nigeria it would be at our detriment for us to loose all these at the advent if a break up.

North in the sense that why loose the south when they have everything to gain In a united Nigerian entity and all to loose if there's a break up.
Sale those asset n build in the east ...just keep your factory or shop where u are based ...all your capital ,plazas , hotels, malls should all be in the east
Re: Before The Biafrian Struggle. Struggle Of An Unsung Hero.(PHOTOS) by mrvitalis(m): 7:10pm On Feb 17, 2020
Paretomaster1:

Why don't you call d same assembly now and ask for biafra instead of barking upandan like a rabid dog
Do I look like an ipob member ?
Re: Before The Biafrian Struggle. Struggle Of An Unsung Hero.(PHOTOS) by Coldie(m): 7:11pm On Feb 17, 2020
mrvitalis:

Sale those asset n build in the east ...just keep your factory or shop where u are based ...all your capital ,plazas , hotels, malls should all be in the east
That's not how businesses work
Re: Before The Biafrian Struggle. Struggle Of An Unsung Hero.(PHOTOS) by mrvitalis(m): 7:18pm On Feb 17, 2020
Coldie:

That's not how businesses work
I one a factory in uyo ...that is the first and only land I'm buying outside south east

Rent do your business ...make profit build in your region ...if u keep building outside is at your own risk ...the reason those northerners keep threatening us

Invest in your region oga
Re: Before The Biafrian Struggle. Struggle Of An Unsung Hero.(PHOTOS) by referandum(m): 10:01pm On Feb 17, 2020
Xavfra:

By then they'll have to drink their oil... They'll be begging us to use it....
Oga, nobody will beg you to use nothing.

1 Like

Re: Before The Biafrian Struggle. Struggle Of An Unsung Hero.(PHOTOS) by referandum(m): 10:21pm On Feb 17, 2020
Xisnin:

The problem is you people. Una just wake up one morning and boom! You're making claims that ND is going along with you no negotiation, nothing. Igbo's generally are manupulative and very controlling. There's no way we can move with those kind of people, they dont even trust themselves, how can we trust them? I've lived in . Enugu and Imo for more than 5yrs each. So I know what am saying. Check out this thread alone, see the set of people who has insulted others the more, guess the tribe. Are those the kind of peopke we will seceed with? Now when humans are supose to me more civilized. No wonder Adaka, was happy with the creation of Rivers state.

2 Likes

Re: Before The Biafrian Struggle. Struggle Of An Unsung Hero.(PHOTOS) by Paretomaster1(m): 12:18am On Feb 18, 2020
mrvitalis:

Do I look like an ipob member ?

Yes you are... You sounded like one....
Re: Before The Biafrian Struggle. Struggle Of An Unsung Hero.(PHOTOS) by mrvitalis(m): 12:38am On Feb 18, 2020
Paretomaster1:

Yes you are... You sounded like one....
Then you are more dumb than I thought

1 Like

Re: Before The Biafrian Struggle. Struggle Of An Unsung Hero.(PHOTOS) by Westbestside: 6:40am On Feb 18, 2020
Coldie:

U guys and lies again. If Nigeria as it is today is still this back ward. Then imagine 50years ago, how it would be like.

U guys are just plain greedy, when u don't get yr way u say igbos marginalized u.

Look at western Delta(Midwest), according to them they were not comfortable with the western region. What did they do?

They organized themselves, did a referendum and got an autonomous region.

But eastern Delta, went and took up arms and say they want it out, because of according to them marginalization.

They couldn't even organize themselves if they say the ijaws are the fourth largest ethnic group and he had endorsement from all ijaws, how come he couldn't summon up to 200 soldiers.

U guys shud keep lieing to yourselves thinking you are deceiving anybody
He is no deceiving anybody but saying the fact.
Re: Before The Biafrian Struggle. Struggle Of An Unsung Hero.(PHOTOS) by Westbestside: 6:46am On Feb 18, 2020
franchasng:
He is right, Yorubas don't invest outside Yoruba land in Nigeria. Igbos are the only tribe that invest wherever they live and make money freely without being tribal.

Igbos are the thread holding Nigeria's unity together, that is why all tribes don't want Igbos to leave Nigeria to have their Biafra.
If you want to know if yorubas invest outside or not, go to Europe and America.
Re: Before The Biafrian Struggle. Struggle Of An Unsung Hero.(PHOTOS) by Coldie(m): 8:08am On Feb 18, 2020
Westbestside:
He is no deceiving anybody but saying the fact.
I proved my points with facts. Counter all my points?

1 Like

Re: Before The Biafrian Struggle. Struggle Of An Unsung Hero.(PHOTOS) by juman(m): 8:14am On Feb 18, 2020
A true hero.
Re: Before The Biafrian Struggle. Struggle Of An Unsung Hero.(PHOTOS) by Coldie(m): 8:20am On Feb 18, 2020
referandum:

The problem is you people. Una just wake up one morning and boom! You're making claims that ND is going along with you no negotiation, nothing. Igbo's generally are manupulative and very controlling. There's no way we can move with those kind of people, they dont even trust themselves, how can we trust them? I've lived in . Enugu and Imo for more than 5yrs each. So I know what am saying. Check out this thread alone, see the set of people who has insulted others the more, guess the tribe. Are those the kind of peopke we will seceed with? Now when humans are supose to me more civilized. No wonder Adaka, was happy with the creation of Rivers state.
U guys are so ignorant with history.

So much lies are just revolving around you people.

Fvck secession, if saying the truth is an insult I would never stop carrying out this so called insult.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BAYELSA: Two Sons Of CJN Mohammed Tanko Arrested By DSS / Is This Evidence That Buhari Is Rooting For Rotimi Amaechi? (photos) / Appeal Court Affirms Benue Governor Alia's Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.