Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

A Taxi Driver Saved An Elderly Woman From Being Scammed Out Of $25,000 In US - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Taxi Driver Saved An Elderly Woman From Being Scammed Out Of $25,000 In US (42988 Views)

Young Man Slaps An Elderly Man In Traffic Dispute / 2 Thieves Fall Asleep After Stealing Items From An Elderly Woman's House (Video) / An Elderly Woman Advised Me To Start Doing Yahoo Yahoo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Taxi Driver Saved An Elderly Woman From Being Scammed Out Of $25,000 In US by Nobody: 11:26am On Feb 17, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

It takes one to catch one. Each has his area of specialization.

Now had it been an online romance scam or an advanced fee fraud, a Nigerian would have been best placed to save the old woman.

Hahaha... So true. Either ways, nothing like hard work. I wish all those knew they could even earn more from their smartness

1 Like

Re: A Taxi Driver Saved An Elderly Woman From Being Scammed Out Of $25,000 In US by Nobody: 11:27am On Feb 17, 2020
joepepsy:
Dont be too sure,as if you know the particular indian guy.

You're just being ignorant. Look up the facts and stop displaying childishness. If you don't have anything to say, please keep quiet.

1 Like

Re: A Taxi Driver Saved An Elderly Woman From Being Scammed Out Of $25,000 In US by missimelda01(f): 11:28am On Feb 17, 2020
Alitair:

Swear you've never eaten a Yahoo boy's money... Just swear so that the punishment will start from you
Shut up!
Have I ever begged you for money? If you don't have anything meaningful to say just ignore my comment. I do not support fraudulent activities fullstop
Re: A Taxi Driver Saved An Elderly Woman From Being Scammed Out Of $25,000 In US by easyzworld: 11:29am On Feb 17, 2020
eduman365:

I'm an IT guy... You can do your research as well.
IRS and Microsoft scams are majorly perpetrated by Indians. Check Youtube and school yourself.

Na their work even social security number scam too.
Re: A Taxi Driver Saved An Elderly Woman From Being Scammed Out Of $25,000 In US by BuddhaPalm(m): 11:31am On Feb 17, 2020
SEGLIZ:

how come you know that?
might have been a Nigerian or any nationality even a pure us citizen.
by their fruit.............. grin

Na India get IRS scams.
Re: A Taxi Driver Saved An Elderly Woman From Being Scammed Out Of $25,000 In US by Alitair(m): 11:31am On Feb 17, 2020
missimelda01:

Shut up!
Have I ever begged you for money? If you don't have anything meaningful to say just ignore my comment. I do not support fraudulent activities fullstop

Aunty easy... Have you not eaten Yahoo money before..?

Holier than thou, how will you beg me for money.. Do I look like you father or your maga?
Re: A Taxi Driver Saved An Elderly Woman From Being Scammed Out Of $25,000 In US by joepepsy(m): 11:32am On Feb 17, 2020
What do you know? You think everyone is a lowlive here in this forum like you,how dare you call me childish? You no dey fear,get lost!!!!
eduman365:

You're just being ignorant. Look up the facts and stop displaying childishness. If you don't have anything to say, please keep quiet.
Re: A Taxi Driver Saved An Elderly Woman From Being Scammed Out Of $25,000 In US by vickydevoka(m): 11:32am On Feb 17, 2020
Our Nigeria police go first detain u. Make u pay 5k for bail
Re: A Taxi Driver Saved An Elderly Woman From Being Scammed Out Of $25,000 In US by erayo2GCA(m): 11:34am On Feb 17, 2020
See screenshot

1 Like

Re: A Taxi Driver Saved An Elderly Woman From Being Scammed Out Of $25,000 In US by missimelda01(f): 11:35am On Feb 17, 2020
Alitair:

Aunty easy... Have you not eaten Yahoo money before..?

Holier than thou, how will you beg me for money.. Do I look like you father or your maga?
Like I said, shut up.
You still don't have anything meaningful to say.
I work and earn my own money, you can't even be my 'maga'.. you still dey learn work.
Re: A Taxi Driver Saved An Elderly Woman From Being Scammed Out Of $25,000 In US by Nobody: 11:35am On Feb 17, 2020
Gwagone:
WTF
The work don burst
Lol
The Maga spirit strong,The work don't cast...Lollllllll. Rituals son waste for nothing
Re: A Taxi Driver Saved An Elderly Woman From Being Scammed Out Of $25,000 In US by Nobody: 11:35am On Feb 17, 2020
Gwagone:
WTF
The work don burst
Lol
The Maga spirit strong,The work don cast...Lollllllll. Rituals don waste for nothing. yeye yahoo boys

1 Like

joepepsy:
What do you know? You think everyone is a lowlive here in this forum like you,how dare you call me childish? You no dey fear,get lost!!!!

Continue your show of shame. I won't indulge you anymore.

3 Likes

Re: A Taxi Driver Saved An Elderly Woman From Being Scammed Out Of $25,000 In US by Nobody: 11:36am On Feb 17, 2020
easyzworld:

Na their work even social security number scam too.

Don't mind those ones jare. Just trying to school Nigerians so they don't think everything is done by Nigerians alone. The world has already demonized us, it's worse when we do it to ourselves.

4 Likes

Re: A Taxi Driver Saved An Elderly Woman From Being Scammed Out Of $25,000 In US by joepepsy(m): 11:42am On Feb 17, 2020
Get lost go find your mate idiots,dont blame you in social media human and pigs are considered one..
eduman365:

Continue your show of shame. I won't indulge you anymore.
Re: A Taxi Driver Saved An Elderly Woman From Being Scammed Out Of $25,000 In US by Alitair(m): 11:43am On Feb 17, 2020
missimelda01:

Like I said, shut up.
You still don't have anything meaningful to say.
I work and earn my own money, you can't even be my 'maga'.. you still dey learn work.

But you still never answer the question

Lemme rephrase..:
Are you certain you have not had any contact (not business) with any fraudulent(all acts of fraud) money given to you or used to make you feel good...?
Re: A Taxi Driver Saved An Elderly Woman From Being Scammed Out Of $25,000 In US by TruthSpeaker: 11:51am On Feb 17, 2020
JOB WELL DONE BY THE INDIAN DRIVER. HE PROBABLY SAVED THE WOMAN’S LIFE, NOT JUST HER MONEY. SHE MIGHT HAVE DIED OF HEART ATTACK THERE AFTER.

1 Like

Re: A Taxi Driver Saved An Elderly Woman From Being Scammed Out Of $25,000 In US by Lolabisi007s(f): 11:55am On Feb 17, 2020
If it was a Nigerian guy that was trying to scam her . Trust USA they would have mentioned that in the news already but since it dem dem they won’t say pim about it

2 Likes

Re: A Taxi Driver Saved An Elderly Woman From Being Scammed Out Of $25,000 In US by Mistaicey2288: 11:58am On Feb 17, 2020
Xclusiveme:

Nigerians don't do IRS

Say only what you know Oga. Naija guys do all sort of work online and Tax refund/IRS are inclusive.
Re: A Taxi Driver Saved An Elderly Woman From Being Scammed Out Of $25,000 In US by Nobody: 12:05pm On Feb 17, 2020
eduman365:

Hahaha... So true. Either ways, nothing like hard work. I wish all those knew they could even earn more from their smartness

Yes. But it requires more effort. How many exams, courses, seminars, videos and books did you have to undertake before you got to where you are in IT? I'm in finance and simply had to upgrade myself with financial modelling, more advanced finance software and finally data science just to stay relevant; and I know what effort I had to put into it. Would have been much simpler (though I admit, less lucrative) to convince a couple of old widows that I am a US serviceman looking for love. It's a no brainer imagining what choice a 'lazy youth' would take.

1 Like

Re: A Taxi Driver Saved An Elderly Woman From Being Scammed Out Of $25,000 In US by Nobody: 12:09pm On Feb 17, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

Yes. But it requires more effort. How many exams, courses, seminars, videos and books did you have to undertake before you got to where you are in IT? I'm in finance and simply had to upgrade myself with financial modelling, more advanced finance software and finally data science just to stay relevant; and I know what effort I had to put into it. Would have been much simpler (though I admit, less lucrative) to convince a couple of old widows that I am a US serviceman looking for love. It's a no brainer imagining what choice a 'lazy youth' would take.

Yea well, but scamming has it's own disadvantages as well. Not all of them make money and those who do are always in danger of the law... I believe if you put in 1 year into a particular area of skills development, by the following year, you can start making money if you're entrepreneurial in your approach... Scamming is a very useless thing. It kills people's creativity and makes them believe they can't become anything through legitimate means.

Those who are in kirikiri would understand better. Lol.

10 Likes

Re: A Taxi Driver Saved An Elderly Woman From Being Scammed Out Of $25,000 In US by Originalsly: 12:12pm On Feb 17, 2020
eduman365:
Indians are the ones responsible for IRS scams in USA. Plot twist: an Indian man saved the poor woman... God is truly great. cheesy

They typically operate call centers in India and use international phone numbers to call unsuspecting victims. So many videos on YouTube about this.

No one nationality is mainly responsible for IRS scams.... Social Security scams.... Identity theft scams etc . Many of them are US citizens and from various foreign countries. Most prey on the elderly.... especially those in Retirement homes who have no one to monitor their calls. Like soooo many others... the cab driver knows this and I'm not surprised he immediately knows it is a scam. In fact... the call he got from the scammer most likely showed SCAM LIKELY....the reason he began to question the lady. Scammers everywhere.

1 Like

Re: A Taxi Driver Saved An Elderly Woman From Being Scammed Out Of $25,000 In US by ForkDragnet: 12:20pm On Feb 17, 2020
eduman365:

IRS and Microsoft scams are majorly perpetrated by Indians. Check Youtube and school yourself.
hello bro, can you create a transfermarkt.com profile?
Re: A Taxi Driver Saved An Elderly Woman From Being Scammed Out Of $25,000 In US by sharena(m): 12:21pm On Feb 17, 2020
eduman365:

Yea well, but scamming has it's own disadvantages as well. Not all of them make money and those who do are always in danger of the law... I believe if you put in 1 year into a particular area of skills development, by the following year, you can start making money if you're entrepreneurial in your approach... Scamming is a very useless thing. It kills people's creativity and makes them believe they can't become anything through legitimate means.

Those who are in kirikiri would understand better. Lol.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Taxi Driver Saved An Elderly Woman From Being Scammed Out Of $25,000 In US by BlackPantherCri: 12:25pm On Feb 17, 2020
eduman365:
Indians are majorly the ones responsible for IRS scams in USA. Plot twist: an Indian man saved the poor woman... God is truly great. cheesy

They typically operate call centers in India and use international phone numbers to call unsuspecting victims. So many videos on YouTube about this.

They tried this rubbish with me. They called , I picked and heard an indian voice with a strong accent eh, I could not even hear a thing she said. All I heard was IRS blah blah, I'm like me ke? I did not want to offend my ears anymore. na so I cut phone and blocked the number. They called with different numbers everyday for three days. When them taya, them stop

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Taxi Driver Saved An Elderly Woman From Being Scammed Out Of $25,000 In US by handsomeyinka(m): 12:32pm On Feb 17, 2020
eduman365:

Yes ..you are absolutely right...Most of them are Indians and few Pakistan.

ONE actually called me few weeks ago,I gave him a wrong social security number and I also gave him a wrong western union MTCN.let him waste his gas.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Taxi Driver Saved An Elderly Woman From Being Scammed Out Of $25,000 In US by Goldencheese(m): 12:33pm On Feb 17, 2020
Nice one
Re: A Taxi Driver Saved An Elderly Woman From Being Scammed Out Of $25,000 In US by Nobody: 12:38pm On Feb 17, 2020
ForkDragnet:
hello bro, can you create a transfermarkt.com profile?

Send a dm and let's discuss. smiley

1 Like

Re: A Taxi Driver Saved An Elderly Woman From Being Scammed Out Of $25,000 In US by IceColdVeins(m): 12:39pm On Feb 17, 2020
lol..Indians and their wack techs, don't be tricked...Organisations only patronise them because of their cheap services
post=86720299:

Indians are really IT Savvy all over the world, but no where in the news mentioned the nationality of the scammers tho....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Access Bank Customer Robbed In Kubwa, Abuja (Photos) / Robbers Going For Operation In Benue Caught & Tied By Vigilante(pics) / Nigerians And Ghanaians Run Libyan Slave Camps - Cameroonian Returnee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.