Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,425 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Iwuanyanwu: Retired War Veterans To Head Igbo Security Outfit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iwuanyanwu: Retired War Veterans To Head Igbo Security Outfit (1453 Views)

Iwuanyanwu: 2023 President Must Come From South-East / Chyna Iwuanyanwu Is Dead / Atiku Visits Owerri, Meets Iwuanyanwu And Others (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iwuanyanwu: Retired War Veterans To Head Igbo Security Outfit by irepnaija4eva(m): 10:44am On Feb 17, 2020
As South-East Nigeria considers establishing the region’s own security network, elder statesman Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu has hinted that former war veterans and retired security officers may spearhead the Igbo regional security outfit.

Iwuanyanwu, who was part of the “Ime obi” meeting, a caucus of the Ohanaeze Ndigbo which held a meeting on regional security in Enugu State last week, disclosed that the President of the organisation, Nnia Nwodo, was given the mandate to set up a strategy committee to include experienced people in security and warfare, including “retired security officers and professors”.

He explained that the committee will work closely with the elders’ council to ensure efficient security for the zone.

The elder statesman reiterated Ohanaeze’s observation that governors of the South-East are crucial in the formation of the proposed outfit, and that their assistance would be required to give legal backing to it.

On the activities of bandits in some parts of the country, Iwuanyanwu said: “Ndigbo is not against any tribe. Any Igbo harmed for no just cause will not be accepted, Ohanaeze will take steps.”

While advising Igbos to go about their lawful business, he said “we want a Nigeria where life and property will be protected. We would not be aggressive against any group, but we have the capacity to defend ourselves, we have also passed the information to those in the diaspora.”

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/iwuanyanwu-retired-war-veterans-to-head-igbo-security-outfit/
Re: Iwuanyanwu: Retired War Veterans To Head Igbo Security Outfit by LawLord247: 10:51am On Feb 17, 2020
Great
Re: Iwuanyanwu: Retired War Veterans To Head Igbo Security Outfit by NaijaRoyalty(m): 10:53am On Feb 17, 2020
Very good
Re: Iwuanyanwu: Retired War Veterans To Head Igbo Security Outfit by PointB: 10:56am On Feb 17, 2020
The war ended 50 years ago.

A Biafran war veteran will be at least (15+50). That's minimum 65.

I wouldn't trust my gate, let along my city's internal security, in the hands of 65 year old men.

NO can do!

1 Like

Re: Iwuanyanwu: Retired War Veterans To Head Igbo Security Outfit by bigiyaro(m): 11:10am On Feb 17, 2020
leave the war veterans alone, let them rest, they have paid their dues.
Re: Iwuanyanwu: Retired War Veterans To Head Igbo Security Outfit by Donaldoni: 11:20am On Feb 17, 2020
But your governors have been BARRED from such a move na... grin

Only the SW can have Amotekun... cool
Re: Iwuanyanwu: Retired War Veterans To Head Igbo Security Outfit by goodnessme1(f): 11:26am On Feb 17, 2020
Donaldoni:
But your governors have been BARRED from such a move na... grin

Only the SW can have Amotekun... cool
Amotekun that can only catch chicken thieves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iwuanyanwu: Retired War Veterans To Head Igbo Security Outfit by FatherBona: 11:33am On Feb 17, 2020
PointB:

I wouldn't trust my gate, let along my city's internal security, in the hands of 65 year old men.

NO can do!
You went to school
Chop Knuckle cool
Re: Iwuanyanwu: Retired War Veterans To Head Igbo Security Outfit by celeiyke: 11:44am On Feb 17, 2020
PointB:

NO can do!

A judge retires at 70. U never complained. The article didn't limit the security to war veterans, it also mentioned former security officials. All u need to ask or enquire is, in what capacity will they be functioning. Could it be advisory or as officials, but my guess tells me it is advisory. I believe Ohanaeze is not foolish to get old men as security in the capacity they will function. Thank u

1 Like

Re: Iwuanyanwu: Retired War Veterans To Head Igbo Security Outfit by tsdarkside(m): 12:31pm On Feb 17, 2020
PointB:

NO can do!

read....!!

head....!!
Re: Iwuanyanwu: Retired War Veterans To Head Igbo Security Outfit by APCNig: 12:33pm On Feb 17, 2020
The same people that lost in 1970? Are you people cursed with losing ni?
Re: Iwuanyanwu: Retired War Veterans To Head Igbo Security Outfit by Rekhina(f): 1:15pm On Feb 17, 2020
bigiyaro:
leave the war veterans alone, let them rest, they have paid their dues.
illiterate
Re: Iwuanyanwu: Retired War Veterans To Head Igbo Security Outfit by Rekhina(f): 1:16pm On Feb 17, 2020
PointB:

NO can do!
illiterate fatherbona is deceiving ur ass , cover ur face in shame ..spits
Re: Iwuanyanwu: Retired War Veterans To Head Igbo Security Outfit by Dedetwo(m): 1:25pm On Feb 17, 2020
irepnaija4eva:
As South-East Nigeria considers establishing the region’s own security network, elder statesman Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu has hinted that former war veterans and retired security officers may spearhead the Igbo regional security outfit.

Iwuanyanwu, who was part of the “Ime obi” meeting, a caucus of the Ohanaeze Ndigbo which held a meeting on regional security in Enugu State last week, disclosed that the President of the organisation, Nnia Nwodo, was given the mandate to set up a strategy committee to include experienced people in security and warfare, including “retired security officers and professors”.

He explained that the committee will work closely with the elders’ council to ensure efficient security for the zone.

The elder statesman reiterated Ohanaeze’s observation that governors of the South-East are crucial in the formation of the proposed outfit, and that their assistance would be required to give legal backing to it.

On the activities of bandits in some parts of the country, Iwuanyanwu said: “Ndigbo is not against any tribe. Any Igbo harmed for no just cause will not be accepted, Ohanaeze will take steps.”

While advising Igbos to go about their lawful business, he said “we want a Nigeria where life and property will be protected. We would not be aggressive against any group, but we have the capacity to defend ourselves, we have also passed the information to those in the diaspora.”

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/iwuanyanwu-retired-war-veterans-to-head-igbo-security-outfit/

The Ohanaeze peeps like to blow hot air. These fools just woke up from deep slumber because the Yoruba have come out with what they should have done long time ago. Now, these jackasses are about "former war veterans and retired security officers may spearhead the Igbo regional security outfit". I want the young men to head any security outfit stood up by the Ndigbo. I do not want silly idea of those who have been in Nigeria's idiotic security organization. By seeing things the way they are presently is not being visionary.

1 Like

Re: Iwuanyanwu: Retired War Veterans To Head Igbo Security Outfit by mrvitalis(m): 1:30pm On Feb 17, 2020
PointB:

NO can do!
Head not be foot soldiers ...
Re: Iwuanyanwu: Retired War Veterans To Head Igbo Security Outfit by Lawdis(m): 1:53pm On Feb 17, 2020
....that's how they always think barbarically to set this region backward all the time while others are moving forward

just imagine their ideas
Re: Iwuanyanwu: Retired War Veterans To Head Igbo Security Outfit by Donaldoni: 2:44pm On Feb 17, 2020
goodnessme1:
Amotekun that can only catch chicken thieves.

Time will tell. At least we have something. Show us yours.... grin
Re: Iwuanyanwu: Retired War Veterans To Head Igbo Security Outfit by Collins4u1(m): 2:55pm On Feb 17, 2020
PointB:

NO can do!

Mumu

that they will head it doesn't mean they will be in the field.
Re: Iwuanyanwu: Retired War Veterans To Head Igbo Security Outfit by Temple1288(m): 3:10pm On Feb 17, 2020
Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu the rogue. The man that turned Imo State to a private company. The man who couldn't help secure good roads even in his hometown of Atta, Ikeduru until 3days before Eudora (his wife) was buried... Even as he was feeding fat from his private company (Imo State)
A hardcore and extreme fraudster who scammed a lot of companies in Virginia and Montana.

The men who encouraged scammers like Samuel Anyanwu, Ability, weed lord Achike Udenwa and the dead Bethel Amadi into politics..

The man who orchestrated the death of former Military Gov of Ondo State and Edo State, Anthony Onyearugbulem...

Iwuanyanwu should just shut the hell up!

His estate in Orji (Mechanic village) should be enough for him!

Thief!
Re: Iwuanyanwu: Retired War Veterans To Head Igbo Security Outfit by bigiyaro(m): 3:37pm On Feb 17, 2020
Rekhina:
illiterate
illiterate foo.l
Re: Iwuanyanwu: Retired War Veterans To Head Igbo Security Outfit by PointB: 3:39pm On Feb 17, 2020
celeiyke:

A judge retires at 70. U never complained. The article didn't limit the security to war veterans, it also mentioned former security officials. All u need to ask or enquire is, in what capacity will they be functioning. Could it be advisory or as officials, but my guess tells me it is advisory. I believe Ohanaeze is not foolish to get old men as security in the capacity they will function. Thank u

How did you know I didn't complain?

The article said "spearhead". At a glance, this is what spearhead means:

spearhead
/ˈspɪəhɛd/
Learn to pronounce
noun
the point of a spear.
Similar:
spear tip
spear point
an individual or group chosen to lead an attack or movement.
"she became the spearhead of a health education programme"
Similar:
leader(s)
driving force
forefront
avant-garde
front runner(s)
front line
vanguard
van
cutting edge
verb
lead (an attack or movement).
"he's spearheading a campaign to reduce the number of accidents at work"

That doesn't sound anything like advisory.

It's either they are being primed to be foot soldiers (tip of the spear), or leaders (strategic leadership). Either way, younger people will do a better job. I know there are a lot of capable South Easterners shunted out of the security services for sundry political reasons by successive governments (read presidents). Where are these people? Why can't they be the spearhead (whatever spearhead means to the planner)?
Re: Iwuanyanwu: Retired War Veterans To Head Igbo Security Outfit by PointB: 3:41pm On Feb 17, 2020
Collins4u1:

Mumu

that they will head it doesn't mean they will be in the field.

50 years ago they were spearhead, today you want them to be spearhead, so that you will be what? Cheerleader?
Re: Iwuanyanwu: Retired War Veterans To Head Igbo Security Outfit by PointB: 3:53pm On Feb 17, 2020
mrvitalis:

Head not be foot soldiers ...

Either way, it's not the best move.

Many of the surviving Biafran foot soldiers alive today would probably be those recruited as child soldiers, hurriedly trained and sent to the front to defend Biafran land.

I mean no disrespect, but I'm not sure they were trained to analyse intelligence let alone draw strategic response plan based on the analysis. How many of them can operate an android phone, let alone complicate security operation centre? I understand the need to carry them along (sentimental value), But the survival of a great people should not be based on sentiment.

This men (like Buhari are called retired) for a reason. We should let them enjoy their retirement. Their children are more than capable to handle current day challenge.
Re: Iwuanyanwu: Retired War Veterans To Head Igbo Security Outfit by Collins4u1(m): 4:33pm On Feb 17, 2020
PointB:

50 years ago they were spearhead, today you want them to be spearhead, so that you will be what? Cheerleader?

Never mind,

(1) (Reply)

Visa Ban: US Gives Nigeria Conditions For Review Of Policy / Viral Picture Of Money In Italian Streets, Here Is The Truth! / Boko-haram War: Nigerian Army Suspends Voluntary Retirement Of Soldiers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.