Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,518 members, 7,812,601 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:03 PM

You Can't Deregister Political Parties, Court Tells INEC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Can't Deregister Political Parties, Court Tells INEC (407 Views)

”you Have Till April 16 To Respond To Atiku’s Petition” –appeal Court Tells INEC / My Certificates, Credentials Are With Military - Hamza Al-Mustapha Tells INEC / Osun Election: Nigerians Are Watching Closely – Saraki Tells INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Can't Deregister Political Parties, Court Tells INEC by Upritman(m): 12:32pm On Feb 17, 2020
The Independent National Electoral Commission has been restrained by the Federal High Court in Abuja from de-registering political parties in the country.

In its ruling on Monday, the court ordered INEC to stay action on the matter with immediate effect.

Bittertruth Media recalls that INEC had on February 6, 2020 de-registered 74 political parties in the country, leaving only 18 in existence.

The action was followed by mixed reactions from concerned Nigerians.

Source: https://bittertruthmedia.com/2020/02/17/you-cant-deregister-political-parties-court-tells-inec/

Re: You Can't Deregister Political Parties, Court Tells INEC by LawLord247: 12:36pm On Feb 17, 2020
Bombshell

1 Like

Re: You Can't Deregister Political Parties, Court Tells INEC by NYSCrunz(m): 12:56pm On Feb 17, 2020
I was wondering if...
Re: You Can't Deregister Political Parties, Court Tells INEC by otokx(m): 1:58pm On Feb 17, 2020
INEC should be disbanded let the courts take over cool

1 Like

Re: You Can't Deregister Political Parties, Court Tells INEC by budaatum: 2:30pm On Feb 17, 2020
Why should INEC refuse to register party? Can there be too many people for us to choose from?

Please you nice people, look out for buda atum party! I might register too, soon.
Re: You Can't Deregister Political Parties, Court Tells INEC by UnknownT: 4:06pm On Feb 17, 2020
Jega once had this same issue before, reason I was skeptical with this one. For me, all these parties should go
Re: You Can't Deregister Political Parties, Court Tells INEC by kpando10(m): 4:34pm On Feb 17, 2020
Nawaaaaa

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Reacts To The Release Of Mr. Agba Jalingo / Ogun PDP Suspends Bayo Dayo With One Million Naira Fine / Almajri - MURIC Wants Child Abandonment Criminalised

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.