Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,370 members, 7,829,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

He Stopped Paying Me As Agreed - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / He Stopped Paying Me As Agreed (207 Views)

Why I Stopped Paying Tithe In My Church? / HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith / Man Reveals Why He Stopped Being A Pastor And A Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Stopped Paying Me As Agreed by rien05(f): 3:41pm On Feb 17, 2020
I will like to hear your opinion on this issue.

So last year (2019) January, I had an agreement with this guy to work for him on a very flexible schedule. Although I had my 8-5 which he knew about and job with him was very flexible. I was meant to handle all the registrations like DPR, NSITF, TCC, etc, even the monthly VAT filings and other administrative work like responding to emails, handling write-ups for the website and other duties that he may require of me. We agreed on 50k monthly as basic but he would pay for any logistics involved in case I had to do some errands or some registrations that required document siting.

This went well for about 3 months, then he started delaying the payments and I would have to jokingly remind him. Then the work load reduced, so my main duty was now the monthly VAT filing which I got someone to be doing. 5k was the guy's fee monthly. I was responsible for all the negotiation. All he did was release money if the amount was pleasing. He always never wants to get involved with any of the guys I used for any runs. He wanted limited access to himself. My salary was no longer coming in as agreed. In two months he might just send me 25k. Sometimes in three months all I'll get would be 25k., which means he won't pay me for some months but just send me the 25k in a particular month after I would have stylishly asked.

The surprising thing is that, he would always pay the 5k for the service of VAT filing and also any amount due for the actual VAT for the month without arguing much but would hardly pay me. Most times when I and the VAT guy do the calculations of tax for that month that he's meant to pay, it might get up to 250k and when I tell my guy he just pays. So recently, we were meant to do one of these filings and everything amount to 850k. Although the actual figure was meant to be up to 2M but the VAT guy worked things with the guys at FIRS and it reduced to that amount. When I told him he was happy and was still asking if I was sure that money would cover everything. He just wanted to try the negotiation thing and asked me to negotiate to 700k. So I went back to the VAT guy and renegotiated for myself to 600k, and I also went back to my guy and told him I negotiated to 750k. He always doesn't ask me to negotiate, I just do it on my own for him. Although this time he did. I also told the VAT guy to compensate me for using him always, so he agreed to give me 50k. In all I made 200k. If my guy's taxes had amounted to be like 1.5M, I'm sure he would have paid. I just didn't want to take advantage of him. Moreover, my office has been owing us for a while now.

My conscience beats me. Have I done wrong? We agreed 50k monthly which he stopped paying a long time ago and I'm too shy to talk about it with him, although I fear that he might say it's because the work load has reduced. I'm in possession of all his original documents and still scan the new ones that come in to send the soft copies to him. Sincerely, my plan this year is to negotiate twice on every fee we are paying. One for him and the other for him.

What do you think guys?
Re: He Stopped Paying Me As Agreed by bigt2(m): 3:53pm On Feb 17, 2020
Your conscience beats you but does his beat him?

It wirries me to see people make people suffer. Now if you pull a hit on him he won't know. Get your money man, anyway, any day but done stop asking him and don't let him know.

It is called politics. Make the tax guy bleed him.

The main problem we have in Nigeria is that the sweat of the laborers are drying up before they get their entitlements. Makes one go crazy at times!

Bomboooooooclat boss you have! angry

Re: He Stopped Paying Me As Agreed by budaatum: 5:51pm On Feb 17, 2020
budaatum:
We agreed 50k monthly, yet you scammed me 200k last month and think your runs guys will not run to me behind your back?

When I stop paying you completely and even stop your 9-5 pay perhaps you'd get the message and stop scamming me!

Re: He Stopped Paying Me As Agreed by LordReed(m): 6:50pm On Feb 17, 2020
rien05
I think you should delete your post immediately. You should not be advertising how you connived with others to defraud the government.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Video: Mentally Unstable Man Preaches To A Crowd / Free Study Recovery Bible Order for free / Are We Fighting World War III With A Virus? A Reflection Anecdote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.