Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,008 members, 7,835,424 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Why I Stopped Paying Tithe In My Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Stopped Paying Tithe In My Church? (636 Views)

Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? / Man Kicked Out Of Anglican Church In Warri For 'Not Paying Tithe, Dressing Well' / Bishop Oyedepo: I Cart My Tithe In Trailer Loads To God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Stopped Paying Tithe In My Church? by Ayojb: 11:26am On Jul 24, 2022
Hi, I will make this short. I believe in paying tithes. I attend a Redeem parish and if you are familiar with the RCCG tithe payment system, you will know that we pay with tithe cards, given numbers, it’s quite organized.

But then my church is a relatively small church.There is no way you’d pay tithe without the ushers knowing it’s your card and all.

It was not really a problem for me at first. Since I was a student and my tithes ain’t much and all. But then I started making money and paying tithes.

Since it was a small church, I believed I started getting undue attention. Ushers hailing me cos there is no way I can pay or even transfer without getting my tithe card. Soon enough, the head usher started asking me to borrow him money consistently. I had to stop. Not because of the loans but I don’t like undue attention especially about my finances and we live in trying times, days when everyone can’t be trusted. I just don’t feel comfortable with the ushers knowing my monthly income and all.

I wish my church don’t use tithe cards and we can just drop it anonymously like other churches. What do you think I can do if I wish to continue paying tithes?

Thanks.
Lalasticlala
Re: Why I Stopped Paying Tithe In My Church? by WatchYourSix: 11:40am On Jul 24, 2022
Ayojb:
Hi, I will make this short. I believe in paying tithes. I attend a Redeem parish and if you are familiar with the RCCG tithe payment system, you will know that we pay with tithe cards, given numbers, it’s quite organized.

But then my church is a relatively small church.There is no way you’d pay tithe without the ushers knowing it’s your card and all.

It was not really a problem for me at first. Since I was a student and my tithes ain’t much and all. But then I started making money and paying tithes.

Since it was a small church, I believed I started getting undue attention. Ushers hailing me cos there is no way I can pay or even transfer without getting my tithe card. Soon enough, the head usher started asking me to borrow him money consistently. I had to stop. Not because of the loans but I don’t like undue attention especially about my finances and we live in trying times, days when everyone can’t be trusted. I just don’t feel comfortable with the ushers knowing my monthly income and all.

I wish my church don’t use tithe cards and we can just drop it anonymously like other churches. What do you think I can do if I wish to continue paying tithes?

Thanks.
Lalasticlala

Your church no get account?? ...if you trully wish to help your church transfer directly to account ....nobody will know ...card na formality

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Paying Tithe In My Church? by Ayojb: 12:37pm On Jul 24, 2022
WatchYourSix:

Your church no get account?? ...if you trully wish to help your church transfer directly to account ....nobody will know ...card na formality
the head usher is the one in charge of the church account. He will know but I will start trying that when I resume tithe paymemt
Re: Why I Stopped Paying Tithe In My Church? by WatchYourSix: 12:47pm On Jul 24, 2022
Ayojb:
the head usher is the one in charge of the church account. He will know but I will start trying that when I resume tithe paymemt

As a guy man..you should have a corporate account....anytime I want to give money that I dont want my name to show ....i transfer through my corporate account ....

people are just annoying....na you dey send them....me I no dey look uche face ooo...i dont lend people money.....no amount of sob story you can concort will make me lend you ... if you like...see my tithe say e reach 200million .... i dont care..
Re: Why I Stopped Paying Tithe In My Church? by edoairways: 5:55pm On Jul 24, 2022
Ayojb non do pass yourself. If you have money to give please do but don't give to that usher out of compulsion or sympathy. If he or she pressurised you, kindly leave that parish to another one
Re: Why I Stopped Paying Tithe In My Church? by Ayojb: 6:26pm On Jul 24, 2022
edoairways:
Ayojb non do pass yourself. If you have money to give please do but don't give to that usher out of compulsion or sympathy. If he or she pressurised you, kindly leave that parish to another one
na just way to pay tithe anonymously dey my mind thanks
Re: Why I Stopped Paying Tithe In My Church? by edoairways: 9:47pm On Jul 24, 2022
Ayojb:
They will still know
Re: Why I Stopped Paying Tithe In My Church? by Kobojunkie: 9:53pm On Jul 24, 2022
Ayojb:
Those of you who pay tithes/taxes in the name of Jesus Christ deny yourselves sonship with God by your acts of disobedienceundecided
24 Jesus and his followers went to Capernaum. There the men who collect the two-drachma Temple tax came to Peter and asked, “Does your teacher pay the Temple tax?”
25 Peter answered, “Yes, he does.” Peter went into the house where Jesus was. Before Peter could speak,

Jesus said to him, “The kings on the earth get different kinds of taxes from people. But who are those who pay the taxes? Are they the king’s children? Or do other people pay the taxes? What do you think?”
26 Peter answered, “The other people pay the taxes.”
Jesus said, “Then the children of the king don’t have to pay taxes
As Jesus Christ made clear, the Children of God do not pay taxes/Tithe in His name. undecided
Re: Why I Stopped Paying Tithe In My Church? by xproducer: 12:57am On Jul 25, 2022
Ayojb:

Thanks.
Lalasticlala

-----

"Alms definition, money, food, or other donations given to people in need; anything given as charity" - Dictionary.com

"Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly." - Matthew 6:1-4

Thus, one would want to be as discreet as possible. There are many people - beggars, orphans, disabled, etc... that could use any help possible. Note that the longest lasting - eternal - help and lover we can show one another, beyond that which nourishes the body - is sharing the word of GOD / the good news of the Bible - which is able (Hebrews 4:12-13, Romans 10:17) to save the soul after the body is no more.

++++++++

"If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone." - James 2:15-17
Re: Why I Stopped Paying Tithe In My Church? by Waakanda: 6:55am On Jul 25, 2022
I pay mine online (Living Faith). We have a Zenith Bank account for tithe payment. Your church may have an online account for such payment too. Find out.

(1) (Reply)

(WATCH) Massive Flock Of Sheep Has Been Walking In A Circle For 12 Days Straight / The Battle Of Armageddon Starts March 2023 / Moment Pastor Asks His Members To Touch His Shoes & Fall Into Sleep (pix/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.