Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,485 members, 7,830,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

He Stopped Paying Me As Agreed - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / He Stopped Paying Me As Agreed (936 Views)

First Bank Is Very Useless.they Stopped Paying My Interest On My Fixed Deposit / A Platform That Is Paying Me Now And Also On Playstore. / This Legit Platform Has Been Paying Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Stopped Paying Me As Agreed by rien05(f): 3:47pm On Feb 17, 2020
I will like to hear your opinion on this issue.

So last year (2019) January, I had an agreement with this guy to work for him on a very flexible schedule. Although I had my 8-5 which he knew about and job with him was very flexible. I was meant to handle all the registrations like DPR, NSITF, TCC, etc, even the monthly VAT filings and other administrative work like responding to emails, handling write-ups for the website and other duties that he may require of me. We agreed on 50k monthly as basic but he would pay for any logistics involved in case I had to do some errands or some registrations that required document siting.

This went well for about 3 months, then he started delaying the payments and I would have to jokingly remind him. Then the work load reduced, so my main duty was now the monthly VAT filing which I got someone to be doing. 5k was the guy's fee monthly. I was responsible for all the negotiation. All he did was release money if the amount was pleasing. He always never wants to get involved with any of the guys I used for any runs. He wanted limited access to himself. My salary was no longer coming in as agreed. In two months he might just send me 25k. Sometimes in three months all I'll get would be 25k., which means he won't pay me for some months but just send me the 25k in a particular month after I would have stylishly asked.

The surprising thing is that, he would always pay the 5k for the service of VAT filing and also any amount due for the actual VAT for the month without arguing much but would hardly pay me. Most times when I and the VAT guy do the calculations of tax for that month that he's meant to pay, it might get up to 250k and when I tell my guy he just pays. So recently, we were meant to do one of these filings and everything amount to 850k. Although the actual figure was meant to be up to 2M but the VAT guy worked things with the guys at FIRS and it reduced to that amount. When I told him he was happy and was still asking if I was sure that money would cover everything. He just wanted to try the negotiation thing and asked me to negotiate to 700k. So I went back to the VAT guy and renegotiated for myself to 600k, and I also went back to my guy and told him I negotiated to 750k. He always doesn't ask me to negotiate, I just do it on my own for him. Although this time he did. I also told the VAT guy to compensate me for using him always, so he agreed to give me 50k. In all I made 200k. If my guy's taxes had amounted to be like 1.5M, I'm sure he would have paid. I just didn't want to take advantage of him. Moreover, my office has been owing us for a while now.

My conscience beats me. Have I done wrong? We agreed 50k monthly which he stopped paying a long time ago and I'm too shy to talk about it with him, although I fear that he might say it's because the work load has reduced. I'm in possession of all his original documents and still scan the new ones that come in to send the soft copies to him. Sincerely, my plan this year is to negotiate twice on every fee we are paying. One for him and the other for him.

What do you think guys?
Re: He Stopped Paying Me As Agreed by bigiyaro(m): 3:55pm On Feb 17, 2020
bro, fortune favours the bold.
Re: He Stopped Paying Me As Agreed by budaatum: 3:56pm On Feb 17, 2020
We agreed 50k monthly, yet you scammed me 200k last month and think your runs guys will not run to me behind your back?

When I stop paying you completely and even stop your 9-5 pay perhaps you'd get the message and stop scamming me!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Stopped Paying Me As Agreed by CAPSLOCKED: 4:00pm On Feb 17, 2020
WE AGREED 30K WEEKLY, YET YOU PLAYED ME AND CART AWAY WITH OVER 90K LAST WEEK.
AS IT STANDS NOW YOU WON'T BE GETTING A DIME FROM ME HENCEFORTH.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Stopped Paying Me As Agreed by Davash222(m): 4:00pm On Feb 17, 2020
budaatum:
We agreed 50k monthly, yet you scammed me 200k last month and think your runs guys will not run to me behind your back?

When I stop paying you completely and even stop your 9-5 pay perhaps you'd get the message and stop scamming me!

Oga, park one side make we see road, abeg.
Re: He Stopped Paying Me As Agreed by budaatum: 4:08pm On Feb 17, 2020
Davash222:

Oga, park one side make we see road, abeg.
E de pain you I see road pass you?
Re: He Stopped Paying Me As Agreed by celeb4reallife(f): 4:13pm On Feb 17, 2020
You have to take it easy with him. Trust me I've been in your shoe. in my own case, my boss was a pastor and I was too shy and respectful to demand for my salary. I was even using my personal pocket money to run errands for the organization which he asked me to document it so that the office can pay black along my salary.
They owe me like 5 month, I got tired and resigned. Although I was later paid.
Looking backward, I appreciate myself for my patients.
@op, you can respectful talk with him, tell him about how the whole thing is affecting you. Secondly, you need to observe if the firm is making more profit or not. Your boss may be going through fianancial crisis and may not want to show it.
Most times, when an organization is making more profit, they're all Happy to pay their staffs, but if other wise, it becomes difficult.
Don't go angry to the extent of using their original documents against them, this world is a small place. If they're not keeping to the said salary aggreament, you can peaceful leave. But don't make trouble with them. Sorry about how you're being treated. Cheers.
Re: He Stopped Paying Me As Agreed by rien05(f): 4:20pm On Feb 17, 2020
Re: He Stopped Paying Me As Agreed by rien05(f): 4:22pm On Feb 17, 2020
celeb4reallife:
You have to take it easy with him. Trust me I've been in your shoe. in my own case, my boss was a pastor and I was too shy and respectful to demand for my salary. I was even using my personal pocket money to run errands for the organization which he asked me to document it so that the office can pay black along my salary.
They owe me like 5 month, I got tired and resigned. Although I was later paid.
Looking backward, I appreciate myself for my patients.
@op, you can respectful talk with him, tell him about how the whole thing is affecting you. Secondly, you need to observe if the firm is making more profit or not. Your boss may be going through fianancial crisis and may not want to show it.
Most times, when an organization is making more profit, they're all Happy to pay their staffs, but if other wise, it becomes difficult.
Don't go angry to the extent of using their original documents against them, this world is a small place. If they're not keeping to the said salary aggreament, you can peaceful leave. But don't make trouble with them. Sorry about how you're being treated. Cheers.

My 8-5 is an entirely different job. This one is a side hustle for me, which I said doesn't affect my day job since it's flexible. This guy also works in a multinational and has his side gig. It's this side gig that I handle for him.
I would never use his documents against him. I meant that it's also my responsibility to safe guard his documents and scan back new documents, meaning its work too.
Re: He Stopped Paying Me As Agreed by Davash222(m): 4:51pm On Feb 17, 2020
budaatum:

E de pain you I see road pass you?
I rather remain blind than to see your type of ‘road’.
Re: He Stopped Paying Me As Agreed by NairalandAngel(m): 4:52pm On Feb 17, 2020
rien05:

My 8-5 is an entirely different job. This one is a side hustle for me, which I said doesn't affect my day job since it's flexible. This guy also works in a multinational and has his side gig. It's this side gig that I handle for him.
I would never use his documents against him. I meant that it's also my responsibility to safe guard his documents and scan back new documents, meaning its work too.

The guy is indirectly telling you he no longer needs your services.

Read the handwriting on the wall!

1 Like

Re: He Stopped Paying Me As Agreed by NairalandAngel(m): 4:54pm On Feb 17, 2020
bigiyaro:
bro, fortune favours the bold.

That is not an excuse to justify dishonesty!

Gosh! Integrity is so scarce in this bloody country! sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He Stopped Paying Me As Agreed by budaatum: 5:23pm On Feb 17, 2020
Davash222:

I rather remain blind than to see your type of ‘road’.
You should stop wishing bad things on yourself.
Re: He Stopped Paying Me As Agreed by budaatum: 5:25pm On Feb 17, 2020
NairalandAngel:

So scarce that we blind ourselves to its "road".

1 Like

Re: He Stopped Paying Me As Agreed by bigiyaro(m): 5:51pm On Feb 17, 2020
NairalandAngel:

I actually meant for the OP to be bold enough hold his employer to his word i.e the agreed 50k. Next time don't quote what you don't understand!

(1) (Reply)

Grab These Cheap Lands For Sales Around Abuja At Affordable Prices If Interested / The New Part-time Hustle, You Need To Join / Beware of Okash Loan. Is a scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.