Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,042 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

First Bank Is Very Useless.they Stopped Paying My Interest On My Fixed Deposit - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / First Bank Is Very Useless.they Stopped Paying My Interest On My Fixed Deposit (1061 Views)

Bitlivecoin Is Giving Out Free $30, Go And claim free $30 ow Before They Stopped / He Stopped Paying Me As Agreed / Which Is Better; Fixed Deposit Or Bonds? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Bank Is Very Useless.they Stopped Paying My Interest On My Fixed Deposit by sukkot: 10:36am On Jun 07, 2023
It's like every month I have to go and fight them to remind them that they have not paid me interest on my fixed deposit then they apologise and say it's a computer glitch. Then they will take like 3 weeks to eventually pay it but I have grown tired of just going in there to fight them every month , I have just left them alone and just wTching them and for 4 months now they have not paid the interest. I set it up to be paid monthly . That's Nigeria for you, even the banking get K leg
nlfpmod Myndd44 farano RoyalRoy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Bank Is Very Useless.they Stopped Paying My Interest On My Fixed Deposit by sofeo(m): 10:45am On Jun 07, 2023
You yourself be mumu, get a lawyer and serve them a warning letter.

When it comes to such officially agreement, you don't continue going there to argue or fight with them, once you've done that like first and second time, the third should be a legal notice with stern warning, that if such happened again, and they continue to claim glitch, they will be sued.

They even already gave you a reason you can use against them, and a reason court might ask them to compensate you.
Re: First Bank Is Very Useless.they Stopped Paying My Interest On My Fixed Deposit by advanceDNA: 10:49am On Jun 07, 2023
sukkot:
It's like every month I have to go and fight them to remind them that they have not paid me interest on my fixed deposit then they apologise and say it's a computer glitch. Then they will take like 3 weeks to eventually pay it but I have grown tired of just going in there to fight them every month , I have just left them alone and just wTching them and for 4 months now they have not paid the interest. I set it up to be paid monthly . That's Nigeria for you, even the banking get K leg

What percentage is the interest first bank gives.??
I dont do fixed deposit anymore cos of emergency, since i found out i still get 5.0-5.3% on the money in my savings account anyway...
Re: First Bank Is Very Useless.they Stopped Paying My Interest On My Fixed Deposit by ignis: 10:50am On Jun 07, 2023
Please go and complain to the bank and not here.
Re: First Bank Is Very Useless.they Stopped Paying My Interest On My Fixed Deposit by sukkot: 10:51am On Jun 07, 2023
advanceDNA:

What percentage is the interest first bank gives.??
I dont do fixed deposit anymore cos of emergency, since i found out i still get 5.0-5.3% on the money in my savings account anyway...
it's not even a great percentage . Like 4 percent
Re: First Bank Is Very Useless.they Stopped Paying My Interest On My Fixed Deposit by sukkot: 10:55am On Jun 07, 2023
sofeo:
You yourself be mumu, get a lawyer and serve them a warning letter.

When it comes to such officially agreement, you don't continue going there to argue or fight with them, once you've done that like first and second time, the third should be a legal notice with stern warning, that if such happened again, and they continue to claim glitch, they will be sued.

They even already gave you a reason you can use against them, and a reason court might ask them to compensate you.
yeye advice . Spend money on lawyer for something I can rectify myself if I get serious with them ?

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Is Very Useless.they Stopped Paying My Interest On My Fixed Deposit by sukkot: 10:57am On Jun 07, 2023
ignis:
Please go and complain to the bank and not here.
am tired of going there. Make I dey watch them. So long as they keep my principal safe.
Re: First Bank Is Very Useless.they Stopped Paying My Interest On My Fixed Deposit by advanceDNA: 11:04am On Jun 07, 2023
sukkot:
it's not even a great percentage . Like 4 percent

Cannu imagine...current intrest rate on savings is greater than their fixed deposit interest...

I get over 5% without fixed deposit...as long as i dont withdraw more 4 times....

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Is Very Useless.they Stopped Paying My Interest On My Fixed Deposit by gidjah(m): 11:07am On Jun 07, 2023
If you were to be the debtor now, hell won't hear words.they start threatening you with Bull dogs and courts! Pls stylishly draft a barristers order of warning a d send it to them via email ,and watch them jump up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Bank Is Very Useless.they Stopped Paying My Interest On My Fixed Deposit by sukkot: 11:16am On Jun 07, 2023
advanceDNA:

Cannu imagine...current intrest rate on savings is greater than their fixed deposit interest...

I get over 5% without fixed deposit...as long as i dont withdraw more 4 times....
zenith bank once you withdraw more than two times no interest for you lol. These banks are a joke. But I have to salute their virtual game . It's on point. Their online presence and things you can do with the Ussd number is greAter than anything you will ever experience in Europe or America. It truly is banking at your fingertips . Gotta give them props for that
Re: First Bank Is Very Useless.they Stopped Paying My Interest On My Fixed Deposit by sukkot: 11:22am On Jun 07, 2023
gidjah:
If you were to be the debtor now, hell won't hear words.they start threatening you with Bull dogs and courts! Pls stylishly draft a barristers order of warning a d send it to them via email ,and watch them jump up
its a good advice
Re: First Bank Is Very Useless.they Stopped Paying My Interest On My Fixed Deposit by Solsix(m): 11:42am On Jun 07, 2023
Terminate and move your funds to another bank. But I thought interested and the principal are added at the end of the tenure??

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is Very Useless.they Stopped Paying My Interest On My Fixed Deposit by sukkot: 11:51am On Jun 07, 2023
Solsix:
Terminate and move your funds to another bank. But I thought interested and the principal are added at the end of the tenure??
first bank is an institution that is stable. and i have it setup to rollover monthly and interest paid monthly to another account
Re: First Bank Is Very Useless.they Stopped Paying My Interest On My Fixed Deposit by Deoboss(m): 12:18pm On Jun 07, 2023
Take your funds elsewhere.

First Bank might be strong financially but their service is not the same.

That’s why we have over 20 banks in Nigeria for options

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First Bank Is Very Useless.they Stopped Paying My Interest On My Fixed Deposit by sukkot: 1:36pm On Jun 07, 2023
Deoboss:
Take your funds elsewhere.

First Bank might be strong financially but their service is not the same.

That’s why we have over 20 banks in Nigeria for options
what bank do you suggest

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is Very Useless.they Stopped Paying My Interest On My Fixed Deposit by Redoil: 3:21pm On Jun 07, 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Bank Is Very Useless.they Stopped Paying My Interest On My Fixed Deposit by Solsix(m): 9:12pm On Jun 07, 2023
sukkot:
first bank is an institution that is stable. and i have it setup to rollover monthly and interest paid monthly to another account
Then keep going there on monthly basis.
Re: First Bank Is Very Useless.they Stopped Paying My Interest On My Fixed Deposit by egojeny1(f): 1:30pm On Jun 08, 2023
Withdraw your money and invest in mutual funds with Stanbic, you'll never regret it

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is Very Useless.they Stopped Paying My Interest On My Fixed Deposit by alezzy13: 9:28pm On Jun 08, 2023
sukkot:
nlfpmod Myndd44 farano RoyalRoy

Why on earth still using fixed deposits at such measly rates when there better instruments out there.

Like some above me have suggested, mutual funds is perhaps the safest investment for now and rates hover 8-10%.

First Bank has theirs fbnquest. .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Bank Is Very Useless.they Stopped Paying My Interest On My Fixed Deposit by sukkot: 6:25am On Jun 09, 2023
alezzy13:

Why on earth still using fixed deposits at such measly rates when there better instruments out there.

Like some above me have suggested, mutual funds is perhaps the safest investment for now and rates hover 8-10%.

i would look into it. thanks
Re: First Bank Is Very Useless.they Stopped Paying My Interest On My Fixed Deposit by Deoboss(m): 7:09am On Jun 09, 2023
sukkot:
what bank do you suggest
I bank with Sterling and GTB, am very satisfied with their services

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Bank Is Very Useless.they Stopped Paying My Interest On My Fixed Deposit by narite: 7:19am On Jun 09, 2023
Soon, Banks will become like newspapers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Bank Is Very Useless.they Stopped Paying My Interest On My Fixed Deposit by Redoil: 7:24am On Jun 09, 2023
alezzy13:

SFS FUND is doing 11.5%

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is Very Useless.they Stopped Paying My Interest On My Fixed Deposit by sukkot: 3:02pm On Jun 09, 2023
alezzy13:

Is it possible to lose money if you invest in a mutual fund?

All funds carry some level of risk. With mutual funds, you may lose some or all of the money you invest because the securities held by a fund can go down in value. Dividends or interest payments may also change as market conditions change.
Re: First Bank Is Very Useless.they Stopped Paying My Interest On My Fixed Deposit by sukkot: 3:03pm On Jun 09, 2023
Redoil:

SFS FUND is doing 11.5%

All funds carry some level of risk. With mutual funds, you may lose some or all of the money you invest because the securities held by a fund can go down in value. Dividends or interest payments may also change as market conditions change.
Re: First Bank Is Very Useless.they Stopped Paying My Interest On My Fixed Deposit by nonysmith(m): 4:00pm On Jun 09, 2023
ask about mutual funds and thank me later...most bankers wont advice you on mutual fund or the money market......simply because the money wont read in their cabal
Re: First Bank Is Very Useless.they Stopped Paying My Interest On My Fixed Deposit by sukkot: 4:43pm On Jun 09, 2023
nonysmith:
ask about mutual funds and thank me later...most bankers wont advice you on mutual fund or the money market......simply because the money wont read in their cabal

Re: First Bank Is Very Useless.they Stopped Paying My Interest On My Fixed Deposit by alezzy13: 6:35pm On Jun 09, 2023
sukkot:

No investment of course is 100% safe, that's why I said it's risk is minimal.

Particularly for the money markets types (yes there are different kinds) whose base are treasury bills (mainly) and govt bonds etc. For these ones, the risk of losing or depreciation is almost absent &your principal will be intact. In terms of safety you can place it at par with fixed deposit, if not better. However note the yield tends to be low.

The equity-based funds, balanced funds or dollar funds are the ones that come with better yields but higher risk, and yes you might lose some of your principal. Best avoided if you don't have the stomach for it.

There's a thread here dedicated to mutual funds. I've been following and been very useful to me.

The equity based or.
Re: First Bank Is Very Useless.they Stopped Paying My Interest On My Fixed Deposit by sukkot: 6:39pm On Jun 09, 2023
alezzy13:

No investment of course is 100% safe, that's why I said it's risk is minimal.

Particularly for the money markets types (yes there are different kinds) whose base are treasury bills (mainly) and govt bonds etc. For these ones, the risk of losing or depreciation is almost absent &your principal will be intact. In terms of safety you can place it at par with fixed deposit, if not better. However note the yield tends to be low.

The equity-based funds, balanced funds or dollar funds are the ones that come with better yields but higher risk, and yes you might lose some of your principal. Best avoided if you don't have the stomach for it.

There's a thread here dedicated to mutual funds. I've been following and been very useful to me.

The equity based or.
nice one bro but i take zero risks with my principal. i see how easy it is to dupe nigerians now lol. fixed deposit it is

(1) (Reply)

Will You Borrow @ 23% P/a Interest Rate For Shares? / Sixteen Thousand Units Of Wemabank Shares For Sale / My Business My Ikorodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.