Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,830 members, 7,817,429 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

What Is The Effect On Nigerian Men Of Being A Minority Gender Wise? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Effect On Nigerian Men Of Being A Minority Gender Wise? (279 Views)

2019 Election Prophecies: Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Cautions Men Of God (Video) / Why You Must Not Speak Ill Of Men Of God / "Buhari's 2-Day Visit To Lagos A Slap On Nigerian Christians" - Catholic Bishop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Effect On Nigerian Men Of Being A Minority Gender Wise? by nlPoster: 4:01pm On Feb 17, 2020
Re: What Is The Effect On Nigerian Men Of Being A Minority Gender Wise? by nlPoster: 4:03pm On Feb 17, 2020
Especially in social settings.
Re: What Is The Effect On Nigerian Men Of Being A Minority Gender Wise? by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:12pm On Feb 17, 2020
bro, did you forget to take your meds this morning?!
Re: What Is The Effect On Nigerian Men Of Being A Minority Gender Wise? by LordReed(m): 5:33pm On Feb 17, 2020
I don't know where you people get your stories from. There are more men than women in Nigeria according to some of the latest population studies.

Stop believing fairytales.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Effect On Nigerian Men Of Being A Minority Gender Wise? by nlPoster: 3:18am On Feb 18, 2020
MrBrownJay1:
did I forget to take my meds ?!
Re: What Is The Effect On Nigerian Men Of Being A Minority Gender Wise? by nlPoster: 3:19am On Feb 18, 2020
LordReed:
I don't know where you people get your stories from. There are more men than women in Nigeria according to some of the latest population studies.

Stop believing fairytales.

I didn't say men are a minority in Nigeria.

What I asked was what are the effects on Nigerian men when they are in a minority situation .
Re: What Is The Effect On Nigerian Men Of Being A Minority Gender Wise? by LordReed(m): 7:06am On Feb 18, 2020
nlPoster:

I didn't say men are a minority in Nigeria.

What I asked was what are the effects on Nigerian men when they are in a minority situation .

The fact is the Nigerian society is still largely patriarchal so that even where men are the minority in numbers they still dominate the women. My office population ratio is 3 women to 1 man yet there is no female director and the head of the agency is a man. When it comes to major assignments, if any woman wants it, she has to gain the support of the usually male head of her department or unit or else no show.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Effect On Nigerian Men Of Being A Minority Gender Wise? by nlPoster: 4:36pm On Feb 18, 2020
You're rushing to comment, not to understand the topic.
Re: What Is The Effect On Nigerian Men Of Being A Minority Gender Wise? by nlPoster: 4:37pm On Feb 18, 2020
@topic

Why is there a (Nigerian?) bias against a man surrounded by mostly females?

A lot of times women tend to judge men by how well they measure up to female standards.
Re: What Is The Effect On Nigerian Men Of Being A Minority Gender Wise? by LordReed(m): 5:02pm On Feb 18, 2020
nlPoster:
You're rushing to comment, not to understand the topic.

What is there to understand? You only wrote a headline with no supporting write up. Are we supposed to read your mind or go by the singular sentence you wrote?

Maybe you should think through your topic before posting it, if you want a productive discourse.
Re: What Is The Effect On Nigerian Men Of Being A Minority Gender Wise? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Feb 18, 2020
nlPoster:
@topic

Why is there a (Nigerian?) bias against a man surrounded by mostly females?

A lot of times women tend to judge men by how well they measure up to female standards.
you should be specific on the bias you refer to.

Well I suspect you mean ladies always expect men to be more financially stable than women?(correct me if I am wrong on this).

Well,every gender has their spec and what attracts them to the other. Its only natural for ladies to practice hypergamy .
Its their choice,and its not biasness

By the way the male population exceeds the female,drop that narrative that men are fewer than women.

(1) (Reply)

Prophecy On Assemblies Of God Church Crisis / Pastor Challenges Church Members To Donate Their Covid 19 Stimulus Fund / Love: The Most Essential Gift Of The Spirit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.