Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,284 members, 7,957,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:34 PM

Nigerian Prince Gives Up Royal Life To Be A PLUMBER In London In Story Like Eddi - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Prince Gives Up Royal Life To Be A PLUMBER In London In Story Like Eddi (586 Views)

Davido Gives Up On Gym Work After Months Of Dedication / Rita Dominic's Net Worth And Biography(plus Her Child And Royal Life) / "We Tried Our Best" - Davido Finally Gives Up On Atiku (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Prince Gives Up Royal Life To Be A PLUMBER In London In Story Like Eddi by Anjollysblog: 4:10pm On Feb 17, 2020
Www.anjolasblogonline.com

A NIGERIAN prince has given up his royal life to become a plumber for Thames Water in London – just like Eddie Murphy in the film Coming to America.
Akeem Adenuga, 62, comes from near Lagos in Nigeria where his brother, King Asunmo Aderibigbe, is The Paramount Ruler of Odo-Ayandelu.

The prince took a break from royal duties in 1994 to study in the UK where he fell in love with the country.

In 2000, he took on a job as a trainee leakage technician at Thames Water and he hasn’t looked back since.

The story is almost identical to Eddie Murphy’s 1988 film, which depicts a fictional Prince Akeem – the crown prince of a made-up African country – who travels to the US in the hope of finding a woman he can marry.

The real-life Akeem now leads a team of 24 engineers who find and fix hidden subterranean leaks across the city.

Father-of-five Akeem said: “I really look forward to coming to work and I’m always raring to go out and get stuck into work in the streets of the capital. “I love my job, and the people I work with really make it special.” But despite moving thousands of miles away, he stays in touch with his hometown of Agbowa-Ikosi – a small town a two-hour drive from the city of Lagos.

He and five friends donated $25,000 for an ambulance in 2017, so that locals could take patients to the nearest hospital – an hour away.

Akeem said: “As a prince back home, my family gets a wonderful welcome every time we visit.
https://anjolasblogonline.com/nigerian-prince-gives-up-royal-life-to-be-a-plumber-in-london-in-story-like-eddie-murphy-film-coming-to-america/
Source :

Re: Nigerian Prince Gives Up Royal Life To Be A PLUMBER In London In Story Like Eddi by illicit(m): 4:13pm On Feb 17, 2020
what can I say
Re: Nigerian Prince Gives Up Royal Life To Be A PLUMBER In London In Story Like Eddi by money121(m): 4:38pm On Feb 17, 2020
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Be Proud It Is Not A Crime To Bleach Or Do Cosmetic Surgery - Etinosa (video) / Davido Advise For Single Men In A Sexual Relationship (screenshot) / Coronavirus: Cab Driver Cries, Says He Picked Infected Italian From The Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.