Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,710 members, 7,820,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

Difference Between NCE And SSCE - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Difference Between NCE And SSCE (2022 Views)

Mathematics Practice Tests (all Topics) For UTME and SSCE Candidates / Literature In English Practice Tests For UTME And SSCE Candidates / Katsina NCE Holder Celebrates His Graduation On Facebook (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Between NCE And SSCE by Sadiqali24(m): 7:29pm On Feb 17, 2020
there is no difference between NCE and SSCE as far as Nigerian educational sector is concern.
Re: Difference Between NCE And SSCE by Ayhomes(m): 7:35pm On Feb 17, 2020
Which one do you have ?
Re: Difference Between NCE And SSCE by Sadiqali24(m): 7:54pm On Feb 17, 2020
Ayhomes:
Which one do you have ?
both of them, I believed u are a university graduate
Re: Difference Between NCE And SSCE by Gwagone: 8:02pm On Feb 17, 2020
WTF
Bros differences dey o
Shey make I con dey write the full meaning here ni
Lol

1 Like

Re: Difference Between NCE And SSCE by Sadiqali24(m): 8:05pm On Feb 17, 2020
Gwagone:
WTF
Bros differences dey o
Shey make I con dey write the full meaning here ni
Lol
do u know that an NCE holder is still a glorify ssce holder? there is this lack of respect from the community in regards those with NCE
Re: Difference Between NCE And SSCE by Gwagone: 8:12pm On Feb 17, 2020
Sadiqali24:
do u know that an NCE holder is still a glorify ssce holder? there is this lack of respect from the community in regards those with NCE
I agree with you on this one but no discourage me nahsad
Re: Difference Between NCE And SSCE by Sadiqali24(m): 8:16pm On Feb 17, 2020
Gwagone:

I agree with you on this one
I'll just have to manage my NCE for now, I no in three years time I'll have that degree insha Allah
Re: Difference Between NCE And SSCE by Sadiqali24(m): 8:19pm On Feb 17, 2020
Gwagone:

u self na NCE u get? were I'm working, I'm the only person with NCE they are all graduate but sha I'm the only physics teacher(they respect me for that)

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between NCE And SSCE by Gwagone: 8:34pm On Feb 17, 2020
Sadiqali24:
u self na NCE u get? were I'm working, I'm the only person with NCE they are all graduate but sha I'm the only physics teacher(they respect me for that)
I respect my physics teacher back then too
I am running a dual program, NCE AND ND
I was discouraged, I brought up a topic on here and asked for advice
A lady later encouraged me here on NL and I was so happy with her words of encouragement, we still talk on whatsapp till now
Although I'm a fresher o
Check my post to see when I uploaded the topic on NCE
Re: Difference Between NCE And SSCE by Sadiqali24(m): 8:37pm On Feb 17, 2020
Gwagone:

I respect my physics teacher back then too
I am running a dual program, NCE AND ND
I was discouraged, I brought up a topic on here and asked for advice
A lady later encouraged me here on NL and I was so happy with her words of encouragement, we still talk on whatsapp till now
Although I'm a fresher o
Check my post to see when I uploaded the topic on NCE
yeah I've seen it, I got my NCE in 2018, studied maths/physics. can u chat me up with the said lady? let's chat up with u
Re: Difference Between NCE And SSCE by oracle009(m): 10:21pm On Feb 17, 2020
Op... Please, your statement is a misguided one.
NCE is better than ND or HND in the current Nigeria (you can argue as much as you want). I plead with anyone interested, rather go for an NCE than ND o. With time, you will add your degree.

NCE is a professional certification and this pays both in short and long runs. The problem is when an NCE holder wants to work in a bank. YOU ARE A TEACHER! Please, avoid ND at the expense of NCE.

FYI: I don't have NCE, ND or HND. I was however a Federal Polytechnic lecturer till 2019.
Re: Difference Between NCE And SSCE by oracle009(m): 10:23pm On Feb 17, 2020
Sadiqali24:

Good. You can never lack work. And the more innovative you are, the more your financial strength grows.

Now, take time and save money to apply for all these FCE part-time degree programme in Physics/Maths. You are a hot cake bro... Anywhere in Nigeria.
Re: Difference Between NCE And SSCE by oracle009(m): 10:26pm On Feb 17, 2020
Gwagone:

Lie.
They might not be respected among the ignorants. Kindly get to labour market and see an NCE holder being employed over an HND holder to teach. TRCN is a big issue for non-educators now.

NCE is not an end, but a means to an end. I always wished I had one.

Start planning for your degree... Btw, with an NCE, you might not need a B.Ed again as it were... A BSc might just do.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between NCE And SSCE by TeflonBlixx: 11:08pm On Feb 17, 2020
oracle009:
NCE is better than ND or HND in the current Nigeria (you can argue as much as you want). I plead with anyone interested, rather go for an NCE than ND o. With time, you will add your degree.

NCE is a professional certification and this pays both in short and long runs. The problem is when an NCE holder wants to work in a bank. YOU ARE A TEACHER! Please, avoid ND at the expense of NCE.

FYI: I don't have NCE, ND or HND. I was however a Federal Polytechnic lecturer till 2019.

NCE better than ND? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Difference Between NCE And SSCE by Sadiqali24(m): 11:14pm On Feb 17, 2020
TeflonBlixx:

probably, one is two years and the other one three years
Re: Difference Between NCE And SSCE by TeflonBlixx: 11:25pm On Feb 17, 2020
Sadiqali24:
probably, one is two years and the other one three years

Let him speak for himself. He said he was a lecturer at a polytechnic.

I was a Professor lecturing at O.A.U too.. Since we all want to be foolish grin
Re: Difference Between NCE And SSCE by Sadiqali24(m): 11:33pm On Feb 17, 2020
lalasticlala
Re: Difference Between NCE And SSCE by oracle009(m): 3:27am On Feb 18, 2020
TeflonBlixx:

Yes. Any other question?
Re: Difference Between NCE And SSCE by oracle009(m): 3:32am On Feb 18, 2020
TeflonBlixx:

This is good for you also.
I had my first degree from there.

You should believe what you choose to believe bro. I gave you the prevailing realities as far as Teaching and teaching career stands in the Nigeria of today...and perhaps forever.

However, congratulations on your decision to be foolish. wink
Re: Difference Between NCE And SSCE by Nobody: 6:02am On Feb 18, 2020
oracle009:

Irrespective of whereever you've worked, with a due respect sir, you do not know what you're saying. I have a degree so I'm not writing for a partial perspective.

ND, to a good extent, is far regarded than NCE. Let me even tell you a secret. In all the government recruitment exercises that have been advertised including EFCC, NCE is categorised with ND. ND would fetch you a far better position anywhere in Nigeria than NCE.

NCE without a degree is a waste of time. As a matter of fact, NCE holders are seen as the lowest on the pyramid.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between NCE And SSCE by Nobody: 6:07am On Feb 18, 2020
oracle009:

Lie.
They might not be respected among the ignorants. Kindly get to labour market and see an NCE holder being employed over an HND holder to teach. TRCN is a big issue for non-educators now.

NCE is not an end, but a means to an end. I always wished I had one.

Start planning for your degree... Btw, with an NCE, you might not need a B.Ed again as it were... A BSc might just do.

HND holders are not trained to teach so this basis of comparison beats me. BTW, go to many schools and see school cert. holders being employed over NCE grads. The idea is to achieve cheap labour. With lower graded certificates come cheap labour. That shouldn't be hard to figure out.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between NCE And SSCE by Nobody: 6:17am On Feb 18, 2020
TeflonBlixx:

Let him speak for himself. He said he was a lecturer at a polytechnic.

The guy burst brain
Re: Difference Between NCE And SSCE by Nobody: 6:24am On Feb 18, 2020
oracle009:

You should believe what you choose to believe bro. I gave you the prevailing realities as far as Teaching and teaching career stands in the Nigeria of today...and perhaps forever.

You should have chosen your words correctly rather than generalizing. BTW, HND, even as regards teaching is far superior to NCE. HND is the equivalence of a degree.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between NCE And SSCE by TeflonBlixx: 8:24am On Feb 18, 2020
oracle009:

The OP never mentioned ND o. But you managed to rub it in. What's that if not mad low self esteem? Who asked you which was better?

No one cares about your certificate, but what you have to offer. Sit down there and be saying NCE is better than ND.

Mr. Poly Lecturer grin
Re: Difference Between NCE And SSCE by oracle009(m): 6:00pm On Feb 18, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

Irrespective of whereever you've worked, with a due respect sir, you do not know what you're saying. I have a degree so I'm not writing for a partial perspective.

ND, to a good extent, is far regarded than NCE. Let me even tell you a secret. In all the government recruitment exercises that have been advertised including EFCC, NCE is categorised with ND. ND would fetch you a far better position anywhere in Nigeria than NCE.

NCE without a degree is a waste of time. As a matter of fact, NCE holders are seen as the lowest on the pyramid.

Ok Sir. I've heard you. I hope the wise will pick what they need to.
Re: Difference Between NCE And SSCE by oracle009(m): 6:01pm On Feb 18, 2020
TeflonBlixx:

The OP never mentioned ND o. But you managed to rub it in. What's that if not mad low self esteem? Who asked you which was better?

No one cares about your certificate, but what you have to offer. Sit down there and be saying NCE is better than ND.

Mr. Poly Lecturer grin

Low self esteem?! Really? Me to you Smiles. Noted!
Re: Difference Between NCE And SSCE by oracle009(m): 6:18pm On Feb 18, 2020
As much as I am tempted to ignore this thread, I won't! For the sake of people who genuinely want to learn.

Federal & State Civil service entry points

(1) SSCE: Gl 1-4 (messenger is GL. 1, clerical staff is GL. 4)..terminal point is around GL. 6-7, except you cross to technical staff with training certificates.

(2) NCE: GL. 7 (Terminal point is GL. 14 - I might not get this terminal point right. I will check the gazette of service when I get to work tomorrow)

(3) ND: GL. 6 (Terminal is around GL 14 as a technical supretendent)

(4) HND: GL. 8 (Executive cadre. Terminal is GL. 14. You can NEVER exceed this unless you go for your BSc. Not even with a PGD. With exception of Accountants with ICAN/ANAN)

(5) BSc: GL. 8 (Professional cadre. Terminal is GL. 17. No limit actually. Chartered acct enter with GL. 10)

This opinion of mine is never about BSc/HND dichotomy. And it is never to drag with any Polytechnic student. It is to encourage you if you are currently running an NCE programme. YOU ARE VERY MUCH ON TRACK.

Finish up your NCE, work small and go for your degree (part time studies isn't bad actually).

... And if you have an ND, if you can afford the luxury, please don't go for an HND... Rather go for a BSc.

My sincere piece. I bow out. Thank you
Re: Difference Between NCE And SSCE by Sadiqali24(m): 6:42pm On Feb 18, 2020
oracle009:
As much as I am tempted to ignore this thread, I won't! For the sake of people who genuinely want to learn.

Federal & State Civil service entry points

(1) SSCE: Gl 1-4 (messenger is GL. 1, clerical staff is GL. 4)..terminal point is around GL. 6-7, except you cross to technical staff with training certificates.

(2) NCE: GL. 7 (Terminal point is GL. 14 - I might not get this terminal point right. I will check the gazette of service when I get to work tomorrow)

(3) ND: GL. 6 (Terminal is around GL 14 as a technical supretendent)

(4) HND: GL. 8 (Executive cadre. Terminal is GL. 14. You can NEVER exceed this unless you go for your BSc. Not even with a PGD. With exception of Accountants with ICAN/ANAN)

(5) BSc: GL. 8 (Professional cadre. Terminal is GL. 17. No limit actually. Chartered acct enter with GL. 10)

This opinion of mine is never about BSc/HND dichotomy. And it is never to drag with any Polytechnic student. It is to encourage you if you are currently running an NCE programme. YOU ARE VERY MUCH ON TRACK.

Finish up your NCE, work small and go for your degree (part time studies isn't bad actually).

... And if you have an ND, if you can afford the luxury, please don't go for an HND... Rather go for a BSc.

My sincere piece. I bow out. Thank you
thank you
Re: Difference Between NCE And SSCE by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 18, 2020
oracle009:

Ok Sir. I've heard you. I hope the wise will pick what they need to.

Absolutely.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

5k Giveaway For The Right Answer To This Mind Trick! / Heard Of The Man Who Refused To Bow To The Queen Of England? / Abu Post Utme Result 4 2010/2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.