Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,300 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Marega Responds To The Vitoria SC Fans After Been Racially Abused. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Marega Responds To The Vitoria SC Fans After Been Racially Abused. (288 Views)

Real Madrid's Match Vs Valencia Halted After Vinicius Jnr Racially Abused / John Obi Mikel Racially Abused In Trabzonspor Vs Fernabache Football Match / Maguire Calls For Action After Pogba Is Racially Abused For Penalty Miss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Marega Responds To The Vitoria SC Fans After Been Racially Abused. by CloudNineSport: 7:39pm On Feb 17, 2020
Porto forward Moussa Marega walked off the field of play during their game against Vitoria Guimaraes on Sunday, after facing racist abuse from the opposition fans.

28-year-old Marega received monkey like chants from home fans in Porto's game away to Vitoria SC in the Primeira Liga on Sunday, as he storms off the pitch angrily in a bid to subtitute himself, giving the opposition a middle finger...
The Malian forward responded via his Social media handle saying;
" To those who go to the staduim to shout racist chants, Go f*** yourselves....

https://www.cloudninesports.com.ng/2020/02/moussa-marega-responds-to-vitoria-de.html?m=1

Re: Marega Responds To The Vitoria SC Fans After Been Racially Abused. by TheShopKeeper(m): 1:23pm On Feb 18, 2020
https://twitter.com/i/status/1229127492889382912

Mali international and FC Porto striker, Moussa Marega, had a night to forget during his side’s Sunday match against his former club, Vitoria Guimaraes, in Portugal‘s top league.

The 28-year-old forward was allegedly subjected to monkey chants by a section of fans from the home team the entire time he was on the pitch, with the abuse even starting when the team was warming up before kickoff.

A resilient professional, Marega turned a deaf ear to the racist abuse and eventually scored Porto’s winning goal in the 60th minute. The striker, while celebrating his goal, responded to the abuse by pointing to his skin to the section of fans who were abusing him. He, however, received a yellow card for that and a chair was thrown at him during the celebrations, Goal.com reports.

Unable to stand the abuse, Marega attempted leaving the pitch and flagged the bench to substitute him in the 69th minute. He was, however, restrained from walking off the pitch by his teammates, opposition players and his coach. With the abuse still continuing despite his protests, he was eventually substituted in the 72nd minute.

After the game, the striker took to his Instagram to call out the fans who abused him as well as the match officials for doing nothing about the incident in a no-holds-barred post.

“I would just like to tell these idiots who come to the stadium to make racist chants, go f*ck yourself,” he started.

“And I also thank the referees for not defending me and for giving me a yellow card because I defend my skin colour. I hope I never see you on a football field again. You are a disgrace!,” he added.

Porto coach, Sergio Conceicao, also condemned the incident.

“We are completely indignant,” he told reporters, according to Al Jazeera.

“They insulted Marega since the warm up. We are all a family here, regardless of our nationality, skin colour, height or the colour of our hair and we all deserve respect. What happened here is outrageous.”

(1) (Reply)

Iced Stone Calendar Wristwatch N2500 / Joseph Parker Vs Shawndell Terell Winters Live / A Quick Reminder Of The Damage Tyson Fury Did To Deontay Wilder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.