Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Meet The Newest Dog Breed Of Westminster - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Meet The Newest Dog Breed Of Westminster (1271 Views)

What Breed Of Dog Is This Dog? (Photos) / Would You Hug a Snake? Meet the 10 Friendliest Snakes in the World (Photos) / Meet The Two Cute Baby Birds I Saw On My Inverter Box (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Newest Dog Breed Of Westminster by matify83: 10:35pm On Feb 17, 2020
A new breed will be vying for top honors at this year's Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show. For the first time, the Azawakh will be one of 204 breeds competing in the vaunted canine competition. A sight hound is a breed that's known for hunting using sight and speed, rather than scent.

The Azawakh (pronounced "Azawalk"wink is a West African sight hound that is newly recognized by the American Kennel Club (AKC). The AKC notes that the dog is "so lean and rangy that his bone structure and musculature can plainly be seen beneath his skin."

The Azawakh's ultrafine, short coat comes in a rainbow of patterns and colors from red to fawn, black to brown. They are known for their speed and keen vision.

"The overall look of this leggy hound is one of elegance and fineness, but don't be fooled," says the AKC. "This is a tough, durable hunter who's been chasing gazelle across the scorching sands of the Sahara for more than a thousand years."
The Azawakh comes from the West African countries of Burkina Faso, Mali and Niger. This includes the Azawagh Valley, for which the breed is named.

There are usually new breeds that enter the ring each year. In 2019, the Nederlandse Kooikerhondje and Grand Basset Griffon Vendéen were the latest additions to the big show.

In December, the AKC also recognized two other breeds: the Barbet, a water dog from France, and the Dogo Argentino, a large hunting breed. These new breeds aren't able to compete in the Westminster show until 2021, reports USA Today.

The 144th Annual Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show will be held at Madison Square Garden in New York City from Sunday, Feb. 9 through Tuesday, Feb. 11. More than 2,630 dogs from 49 states and 19 other countries are expected to compete.

Re: Meet The Newest Dog Breed Of Westminster by chatinent: 10:46pm On Feb 17, 2020
Okay.
Re: Meet The Newest Dog Breed Of Westminster by matify83: 10:46pm On Feb 17, 2020
Meet the Azawakh

Re: Meet The Newest Dog Breed Of Westminster by matify83: 10:49pm On Feb 17, 2020
A sight hound is a breed that's known for hunting using sight and speed, rather than scent.

Re: Meet The Newest Dog Breed Of Westminster by Gwagone: 10:51pm On Feb 17, 2020
We have met him and
He's welcome

1 Like

Re: Meet The Newest Dog Breed Of Westminster by doggedfighter(f): 11:50pm On Feb 17, 2020
He should feel at home
Re: Meet The Newest Dog Breed Of Westminster by kr200: 5:12am On Sep 05, 2020
There is also this wonderful new designer breed know as [url="https://mycuteanimals.com/mini-hippo-dog/"]mini hippo dog[/url]. Basically it is a mix of Chinese Shar-Pei and Cocker Spaniel.

Re: Meet The Newest Dog Breed Of Westminster by Tochex101(m): 9:54am On Sep 05, 2020
Nice submission...
Where do you find such info, I’ll like to read more.

(1) (Reply)

Dog Breedin Business. / So I Sold This Dog To A Client... / I Lost My Dog 2day...rip Sasha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.