Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

The Ancestral Arrow (part 4) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Ancestral Arrow (part 4) (357 Views)

The Ancestral Arrow (part 9) / The Ancestral Arrow (part 7) / The Ancestral Arrow (part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Ancestral Arrow (part 4) by Chikezie1245: 6:32am On Feb 18, 2020
‘‘Did evangelical Christians mistake Donald Trump’s hairpiece for a halo, while ignoring the obvious signs that he worships Mammon?’’

— Michael R. Burch.

★★★

THREE signs heralded Ógù’s metamorphosis into a monster, but they were all ignored.

In my place, ‘three’ signifies ‘the appointed time,’ and if a person is wise enough, they would terminate any impending doom that is lurking somewhere after the third warning sign comes, by heeding to the pieces of advice that come with the revelation or avoiding the dangers that were foretold.

Everyone has this instinct that alerts them on dangers that await them, but, most times, these instincts are ignored because we fail to listen to our inner self. Our instincts are spirits that see beyond the ordinary. These instincts are part of us, but live in two realms (the human realm and the spirit realm). When we die, they go with our souls to wherever our actions on Earth merit. A man who thinks before he acts listens to his instinct, and such a man hardly falls into any danger. Even when danger ensnares him, because he didn’t carelessly fall into it, an escape route always appears in his favour. And so, a man who pays heed to warnings reduces his problems to half.

The first warning sign came when Ekwe, my wife, dreamt about the ill-fated lamb that was devoured by its lamb-turned-wolf brother. The second was shrouded in Ori’s prophesy. But the third was clear as clear as daytime: Ekemma’s nightmare. Perhaps, the gods wanted me to avert the impending doom by showing clearly, in that nightmare, that Ógù would kill his twin brother, but I ignored it. Maybe it was because the warning sign came through my daughter (a girl) that made me nonchalant about it. In Obodo Nta, women’s opinions are treated with the least consideration, and when those come from a young girl, they are taken as a child’s prattle and completely ignored. Perhaps I thought that no child of mine could commit such atrocity because it was not in our blood to do so.

The manifestation of those warning signs in Ofo’s death has taught me to value women’s and children’s opinions, especially when it comes to dreams.

★★★
More on >>> www.illufik.com

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Recommendations On A Good Novel For Me To Read / 10th Edition: 100k Up For Wins In “tushmagazine Bi-monthly Writing Contest” / Muscle Building Tips That Anyone Can Try

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.