Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,781 members, 7,955,987 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:39 PM

The Ancestral Arrow (part 1) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Ancestral Arrow (part 1) (621 Views)

The Ancestral Arrow (part 9) / The Ancestral Arrow (part 7) / The Ancestral Arrow (part 4) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ancestral Arrow (part 1) by Chikezie1245: 6:47am On Feb 15, 2020
‘‘Sometimes, being pushed to the wall gives the momentum necessary to get over it. ’’

— Peter de Jager.

‡‡‡

I should have discovered the animalistic instinct in Ógù when he slit open our nanny goat’s belly because the poor animal was bleating in discomfort, but I waived it aside as a mere irritation of a man who was already deeply angered by the incest committed by his brother.

That was my belief, though, for Ógù never disclosed the real reason behind his action, save for ‘it was disturbing my peace.’

And I didn’t bother to elicit his mind from him, too. Perhaps I didn’t want to aggravate my already-troubled spirit. Ofo and Ekemma’s clandestine affair was a hole in my chest which I didn’t know how to fill. And I think that the enormity of this pain was as a result of Ekwe’s ignorance of the taboo. If she had known, she would’ve cursed the day both Ofo and Ekemma were born, no doubt, but both of us would’ve shared the burden, and a burden shared is a problem solved.

All the while, I thought that I knew my son, Ógù, but I was living in a fool’s paradise. His familiarity became extinguished the very day he became a monster and isolated himself from the rest of us.

But all these atrocities were manifestations of my costly mistake. Ori, the Chief Priest of Okirikiri River, warned me, but I and Ekwe’s protracted childlessness affected my sense of reasoning that led to the tragedy in my family.

To be continued...

★★★

More on >>> www.illufik.com

Re: The Ancestral Arrow (part 1) by Kaycee9242(m): 12:49pm On Feb 16, 2020
a very good start bro, i also commend d enticing title which drew my attention to open the thread. i would like to know how often u intend to update
Re: The Ancestral Arrow (part 1) by tunjilee003: 6:42pm On Feb 16, 2020
Good start, following.
Re: The Ancestral Arrow (part 1) by Chikezie1245: 9:59pm On Feb 16, 2020
I update my stories everyday.
Re: The Ancestral Arrow (part 1) by Silasloaded(m): 1:17pm On Feb 17, 2020
Keep It Up Bro E no Easy To write An Interesting Story like this one on Literature section Am following Silasloaded
Re: The Ancestral Arrow (part 1) by Kaycee9242(m): 3:12pm On Feb 17, 2020
Chikezie1245:
I update my stories everyday.
i think we have one day already.

(1) (Reply)

Danger About 5G Technology / Love Of My Life / BIMPE - The LovePeddler, Hope In One Body.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.