Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Some Akwa Ibom Names. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Some Akwa Ibom Names. (5388 Views)

Vure Kingsley Ovonix Names His Son After Zuckerberg. Met His Wife On Facebook / Names For Twin Girls / Kabiru Ishaq Sa'id Celebrates His 3 Wives, Gives Them Pet Names (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Akwa Ibom Names. by SifonAbasi(f): 7:09am On Feb 18, 2020
These names here have just one letter difference and mean different things.

1. Okon & Akon & Akan & Akpan
2. Effiong & Affiong Offiong
3. Emem & Emeh
4. Edem & Edet
5. Ebong & Ubong
6. Udo & Udoh & Udo-udo
7. Atim & Etim
8. Ime & Ima
9. Ufon & Mfon
10. Eno & Ene
11. Mbok & Ibok
Re: Some Akwa Ibom Names. by crackkhaus: 8:01am On Feb 18, 2020
You forgot to add the most important one that is causing problems on Nairaland grin

12. Akpabio & Ukpabio

4 Likes

Re: Some Akwa Ibom Names. by SifonAbasi(f): 1:48pm On Feb 18, 2020
crackkhaus:
You forgot to add the most important one that is causing problems on Nairaland grin

12. Akpabio & Ukpabio
Thanks
Re: Some Akwa Ibom Names. by harakiri(m): 8:26pm On Feb 18, 2020
What do EDET and ENE mean in English? Thanks.
Re: Some Akwa Ibom Names. by sisisioge: 9:11pm On Feb 18, 2020
3. Emem & Emeh
4. Edem & Edetl
6. Udo & Udoh & Udo-udo
7. Atim & Etim
8. Ime & Ima
10. Eno & Ene

They are sound nice.
Re: Some Akwa Ibom Names. by peteruuu(m): 8:52am On Mar 01, 2020
SifonAbasi:

3. Emem & Emeh
4. Edem & Edet
5. Ebong & Ubong
6. Udo & Udoh & Udo-udo
7. Atim & Etim
8. Ime & Ima
9. Ufon & Mfon
10. Eno & Ene
11. Mbok & Ibok

I want to migrate to akwa ibom, Uyo precisely, pls what do I need to know and what kind of business can I venture into with minimum of 500k and 1M maximum.
Thanks.
Re: Some Akwa Ibom Names. by Mizwisdom(f): 12:26pm On Mar 01, 2020
peteruuu:

I want to migrate to akwa ibom, Uyo precisely, pls what do I need to know and what kind of business can I venture into with minimum of 500k and 1M maximum.
Thanks.

It's difficult to settle down in Akwa Ibom as a stranger because firstly they mostly speak their language so you have a language barrier to deal with then an average Akwa Ibomite is highly vengeful and wicked, they don't forgive so you have to be very careful. If you can conduct your business quietly, be prayerful and learn the language you will thrive eventually, I repeat avoid trouble. Whereas if you establish it in Calabar, it is easier, English is widely spoken, they accept diversity, more forgiving and tolerant, quiet and easy to live with.

1 Like

Re: Some Akwa Ibom Names. by nlPoster: 2:05pm On Mar 01, 2020
You cant always avoid trouble, you just have to be prayerful. Also try to network intensely while remaining quiet and believe God it would work out.
Re: Some Akwa Ibom Names. by Esthered: 4:39pm On Mar 01, 2020
Mizwisdom:

It's difficult to settle down in Akwa Ibom as a stranger because firstly they mostly speak their language so you have a language barrier to deal with then an average Akwa Ibomite is highly vengeful and wicked, they don't forgive so you have to be very careful. If you can conduct your business quietly, be prayerful and learn the language you will thrive eventually, I repeat avoid trouble. Whereas if you establish it in Calabar, it is easier, English is widely spoken, they accept diversity, more forgiving and tolerant, quiet and easy to live with.
Seriously Share your experience in my state please
Re: Some Akwa Ibom Names. by Nobody: 4:49pm On Mar 01, 2020
Imoh.....Imeh
Etuk........Etok
Ubong.....Obong
Ikemesit....Inemesit
Ayak.....Uyak
Idem.....Edem
Itu......Etu
Orok....Oron
Re: Some Akwa Ibom Names. by Mizwisdom(f): 5:07pm On Mar 01, 2020
Esthered:

Seriously Share your experience in my state please

You know your people, that's all
Re: Some Akwa Ibom Names. by rosy1992(f): 8:13pm On Mar 05, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Incredible, I am surprise with this discovery.

Re: Some Akwa Ibom Names. by bukatyne(f): 8:44pm On Mar 05, 2020
SifonAbasi:

3. Emem & Emeh
4. Edem & Edet
5. Ebong & Ubong
6. Udo & Udoh & Udo-udo
7. Atim & Etim
8. Ime & Ima
9. Ufon & Mfon
10. Eno & Ene
11. Mbok & Ibok

Sifon,

If you want this thread to be worthwhile, tell us the meaning of each name and those that are feminine /masculine variations.

That way, when I hear Offiong, I remember SifonAbasi on NL.

(1) (Reply)

How Did You Celebrate Your 1st Marriage Anniversary? / 60-yr-old Man Caught Making Love With 11-yr-old Girl (pics) / Your Career Or Home: Which Comes First?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.