Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,019 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Katsina Killings: Don’t Mete Out Capital Punishment On Bandits, Buhari Tells Com - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Katsina Killings: Don’t Mete Out Capital Punishment On Bandits, Buhari Tells Com (991 Views)

IPOB Replies Northern Groups On Killings: Don’t Start Fight That Won’t End / Jos Killings: Don’t Defend Yourselves Against Herdsmen -military Warns Residents / Be Ruthless In Fighting Bandits, Buhari Tells Military (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Katsina Killings: Don’t Mete Out Capital Punishment On Bandits, Buhari Tells Com by Emedu(m): 8:01am On Feb 18, 2020
ABUJA—PRESIDENT Muhammadu Buhari on Sunday warned local communities in Katsina State not to mete out capital punishment on any suspected bandits they catch, rather they should hand them over to the law enforcement authorities.

The President said that meting out capital punishment on the bandits could lead to cycle of revenge and counter revenge.

While condemning the latest round of attacks on farmers by bandits in Damkal and Tsanwa villages in Batsari local government area of Katsina state, President Buhari said that killing people in the name of revenge was not acceptable.

According to the statement issued by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu, the President gave the warning in his reaction to the incident in which many homesteads were razed by fire with many people killed at weekend.

President Buhari in the statement warned that “no one in the country has a right to take laws into his hands by the way of self-help or revenge.

“Local communities that catch bandits should hand over the suspects to law enforcement authorities instead of meting out capital punishment, leading to a cycle of revenge and counter revenge.”

He urged community leaders and the local authorities to continue their efforts in partnership with law enforcement agencies that bring the surrender of bandits, leading to peace between farmers and herders.

“The authorities must be allowed to investigate and deal with any breach that occurs. There is no place for violence in a decent society,” said the President.
He prayed that God will comfort families that have lost loved ones in the attacks and repose the souls of the victims

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/02/katsina-killings-dont-mete-out-capital-punishment-on-bandits-buhari-tells-communities/?fbclid=IwAR0aJcpP6dqAAyQ0VUyw6gEI0L6z_REEqP471Zug1Pz556wp0e6gx8zN2kI]

Re: Katsina Killings: Don’t Mete Out Capital Punishment On Bandits, Buhari Tells Com by donbachi(m): 8:17am On Feb 18, 2020
people wey no get sense carry dia own dey lynch.....see who get sense here na.
Re: Katsina Killings: Don’t Mete Out Capital Punishment On Bandits, Buhari Tells Com by Charmingrascal(m): 8:39am On Feb 18, 2020
It baffles me whenever I remember that I was among those who bring this evil administration upon us.

1 Like

Re: Katsina Killings: Don’t Mete Out Capital Punishment On Bandits, Buhari Tells Com by slimfit1(m): 8:57am On Feb 18, 2020
Charmingrascal:
It baffles me whenever I remember that I was among those who bring this evil administration upon us.

not only you
Re: Katsina Killings: Don’t Mete Out Capital Punishment On Bandits, Buhari Tells Com by williams2kg: 8:57am On Feb 18, 2020
Charmingrascal:

Mr man. Its too late to cry now. We all warned you guys but you adamantly refused to listen. The calamity of a president is here already.
Re: Katsina Killings: Don’t Mete Out Capital Punishment On Bandits, Buhari Tells Com by BlackfireX: 10:33am On Feb 18, 2020
All of you that brought this man and his goons to power will not make heaven , but hell the deepest part.

In devils name I pray

1 Like

Re: Katsina Killings: Don’t Mete Out Capital Punishment On Bandits, Buhari Tells Com by BlackfireX: 10:38am On Feb 18, 2020
What an Igbo man and his cousins saw under the bridge , SW cannot see even they climb cocoa house.

Good morning Anagos
Re: Katsina Killings: Don’t Mete Out Capital Punishment On Bandits, Buhari Tells Com by ZombieHUNT: 10:59am On Feb 18, 2020
Buhari is the only president on earth that has spent more time away from his country while in office,..

Buhari is the only president on earth that labeled his country lazy while abroad...

Buhari is the only president on earth that said those who didn't vote for him should not except same treatment as those who did ...

Buhari can only grow insecurity... Unemployment... Corruption,. Nepotism,.. Despair and hardship

Those who support this calamity are worse than Ebola
Re: Katsina Killings: Don’t Mete Out Capital Punishment On Bandits, Buhari Tells Com by Nobody: 11:15am On Feb 18, 2020
BlackfireX:
What an Igbo man and his cousins saw under the bridge , SW cannot see even they climb cocoa house.

Good morning Anagos
And your governors are the best in the nation right?? Awon general overseers. If buhari picked an igbo man as his deputy the story would have been different...noise makers.
Re: Katsina Killings: Don’t Mete Out Capital Punishment On Bandits, Buhari Tells Com by NothingDoMe: 12:41pm On Feb 18, 2020
12rev:

And your governors are the best in the nation right?? Awon general overseers. If buhari picked an igbo man as his deputy the story would have been different...noise makers.
No need to be upset. He is talking about making the mistake of voting Buhari twice.
Re: Katsina Killings: Don’t Mete Out Capital Punishment On Bandits, Buhari Tells Com by vhykeeytor(m): 1:03pm On Feb 18, 2020
12rev:

You seem to have a shallow knowledge in history because Buhari once ran for presidency with late Chuba Okadigbo, and was rejected by Ibos. Buhari is just a bad market.
Re: Katsina Killings: Don’t Mete Out Capital Punishment On Bandits, Buhari Tells Com by sremmlyf(m): 1:08pm On Feb 18, 2020
Insha Allah thank you our Grand patron, we will never get caught next time but if we do, we know you will always come to our aid in the form of rehabilitation. We promise to keep killing the infidels and make the south an extension of the north.
Re: Katsina Killings: Don’t Mete Out Capital Punishment On Bandits, Buhari Tells Com by Charleys: 1:44pm On Feb 18, 2020
sremmlyf:
Insha Allah thank you our Grand patron, we will never get caught next time but if we do, we know you will always come to our aid in the form of rehabilitation. We promise to keep killing the infidels and make the south an extension of the north.

Apart from online, how many have you killed so far.
Re: Katsina Killings: Don’t Mete Out Capital Punishment On Bandits, Buhari Tells Com by Charleys: 1:48pm On Feb 18, 2020
vhykeeytor:

You seem to have a shallow knowledge in history because Buhari once ran for presidency with late Chuba Okadigbo, and was rejected by Ibos. Buhari is just a bad market.

Na small pikin him be.

(1) (Reply)

Slain Aso Rock Director Laetitia: Police Make Two Arrests / The History Of Massacre Of The Ibos In Nigeria / The Life Of Lamido Sannusi Nigeria Forgets - Basil Okoh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.