Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,687 members, 7,820,395 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Customs Impound 283 Vehicles In Mass Seizures - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Customs Impound 283 Vehicles In Mass Seizures (844 Views)

I Buy Registered Vehicles In 24hrs / FRSC To ‘impound’ Vehicles That Don’t Have Razor Blade, Torchlight, Others / Latest Cost Of Clearing Vehicles In Nigeria! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Customs Impound 283 Vehicles In Mass Seizures by Serendipity101: 12:02pm On Feb 18, 2020
The Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) has embarked on a mass seizure of imported used vehicles that violate stipulated regulations – seizing no fewer than 283 vehicles in various states across the nation.

According to the foreign trade statistics, Nigerians spent ₦509.8 billion on used vehicle importation from January through September 2019. These vehicles, popularly referred to as Tokunbo, are imported from countries including the United States of America, Canada, Germany, Belgium, and Italy.

The data show that vehicles worth ₦148.28bn were imported in the first quarter of last year, 2019. Among the countries listed above, the United States takes the lead with the importation of vehicles valued at ₦90.8bn. The ₦58 billion balance was gotten from the other countries.

Despite the huge numbers recorded from vehicle importation, importers find illegal ways to boycott necessary payments to the authorities. The number of vehicles being imported into the country is believed to increase this year, but importers would have to go through the bureaucracy obtainable at the customs office. The manual system is rigorous, making it a daunting process. People are not able to process their products by themselves; they have to go through agents to have it done. Individuals who are able to handle the process themselves still need the assistance of agents.

According to a secular released by the NCS, its officials embarked on an operation, seizing about 283 vehicles. Speaking about the operation, the Comptroller-General of Customs, Col. Hameed Ibrahim Ali (Rtd), stated that, out of the total number of vehicles, 135 were seized in Lagos, 93 were seized in Kaduna and 37 were seized in Port Harcourt.

“Anything seized or detained under the customs and excise laws shall forthwith be delivered into the care of the Board and, subject to the provisions of the Third Schedule to this Act, shall, pending the determination as to its forfeiture or disposal, be dealt with, and, if condemned or deemed to have been condemned as forfeited, shall be disposed of, in such manner as the Board may direct.”

Culled from https://naijauto.com/market-news/customs-impound-283-vehicles-6110

Re: Customs Impound 283 Vehicles In Mass Seizures by ForkDragnet: 2:52pm On Feb 18, 2020
shocked
Re: Customs Impound 283 Vehicles In Mass Seizures by Dukeolumidemans(m): 3:21pm On Feb 18, 2020
My experience with these guys made me hate them all... Sometimes when ur documents are complete with original clearing, and u don't settle the usual N1k per custom check point, they will seize ur car and nothing will happen. They will ask u to go and bring some money to bail ur vehicle, and before u go and come back ur vehicle will disappeared. Their excuse is usually that their superiors on patrol has moved it to another location and that's the end...
The curses from people have led most of them into their untimely death and destruction...watch them closely and see how most of them end up...very useless.

2 Likes

Re: Customs Impound 283 Vehicles In Mass Seizures by Azeh(m): 3:23pm On Feb 18, 2020
Make the dash me one nw
Re: Customs Impound 283 Vehicles In Mass Seizures by oladipuposadeeq(m): 3:37pm On Feb 18, 2020
Guys could you look the pix closely it looks as if the custom in front was photoshopped or sumtin his head looks way bigger than the body and there is no neck but what do i know.

1 Like

Re: Customs Impound 283 Vehicles In Mass Seizures by Dukeolumidemans(m): 3:43pm On Feb 18, 2020
oladipuposadeeq:
Guys could you look the pix closely it looks as if the custom in front was photoshopped or sumtin his head looks way bigger than the body and there is no neck but what do i know.

Yes ur correct. He reminds me of one of the mods here but I don't want to mention names before them ban me till 2030 grin grin grin tongue
Re: Customs Impound 283 Vehicles In Mass Seizures by Bullet01(f): 3:59pm On Feb 18, 2020
oladipuposadeeq:

Eagle eye..... U too dey look
Re: Customs Impound 283 Vehicles In Mass Seizures by symbianDON(m): 4:03pm On Feb 18, 2020
oladipuposadeeq:
even the man in white has no neck grin e be like say na neckless people full customs...no wonder their brain no correct

(1) (Reply)

Neatly Used 2010 Upgraded To 2017 Toyota Prado✅ / Super Clean TOKS Toyota Corolla 06 Model Cool Price / Toyota Corolla 2005

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.