Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science (73378 Views)

Umar Yandaki Broke 33years Old Record Of First Class Degree In History Dept,UDUS / Al-Amin Bashir Bugaje, ABU Zaria Best Student 2017. Gets NNPC Scholarship / Scenic Pictures Of ABU Zaria Dam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by Gordson: 8:51pm On Feb 18, 2020
ikh777:
very very GOOD RESULT

computer science has NOTHING TO OFFER in most federal universities.... IMAGINE AT 400Level, you are doing ALGEBRA when your mate here in ghana is developing softwares already... and you both wrote the same WAEC o

They don't need algebra? Really

You are Daft

Anyone can learn how to develop software.

They are in school to become a computer scientist and it's way beyond developing software.

They need Algebra for fvck sake.

And people dey like the trash this man typed here, mehn,

It speaks volumes about people here.

2 Likes

Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by mechanics(m): 9:05pm On Feb 18, 2020
Hahahah, nawa o, even engineering students in other universities don't fail like that, the HOD should be queried, it means the lecturers didn't even lecture their students.
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by lexy2014: 9:07pm On Feb 18, 2020
Ausrichie:

I hope you know that I'm still an undergraduate who is self tutoring himself. I was even trying to make a compiler but I stopped at the Parser part implementation of n-ary trees in C is not beans and now the damn thing looks like spaghetti code. Bleep I am afraid to even look at it.

Bottom line is that u aren't being taught much in terms of practical in school
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by lexy2014: 9:18pm On Feb 18, 2020
etrange:

Yes sir. I did all my degrees in Nigeria, worked there as a software developer before I left for North America. I've not gotten a new degree here yet but I've been competing favourably well with my international counterparts.

In programming, you are your own limit. The schools teach you best practices and fundamental theories. They also introduce you to different programming languages but it's up to the individual to master these languages. Anyone who has passion for programming only needs the foundation to stand on. It's like learning a natural language in foreign language departments, the lecturers only guide you.

These people that talk trash about computing didn't really know what they were getting into when they opted to study that course. Some of them ended up there cause of jamb effects.

Bottom line is that u aren't one of his mates doing wonders across the nation
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by etrange: 9:31pm On Feb 18, 2020
Neoteny:

It's YOU who should stop embarrassing yourself

Your explanation does not make any grammatical sense. "Who is the object of the verb 'blame' " makes zero sense, because 'who' is used in place of the subject. Why you think verbs have anything to do with this is beyond me.

You can save yourself further embarrassment by simply googling if there's no one near you smart enough to bail you out.

Why I think verbs have anything to do with grammatical functions baffles you? That's an absurd statement and simply shows you have zero idea what we're discussing. Seriously, you don't know the difference between "whom" and "who" hinges on whether the pronoun is acting as an object or subject of the verb?

You didn't even read my post. Now go back and read it and show where I said "who" is an object. I repeat, "whom" is the objective form of the pronoun and the acceptable word in my context where it acts as the direct object compliment of the verb "blame". It is the recipient of the blame action.

Let me teach you like a kid in case you're preparing for an exam:

The guy is looking for whom to blame.

The guy is doing the blaming, he is the subject of the verb).

An unknown person (whom) is receiving the blame, he is the direct object of the verb.

I can replace the guy with "who" but I can only replace the unknown recipient with "whom".

This article title Whom Do You Blame? sends the message home:
https://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/01/14/whom-do-you-blam/

If you like, learn.
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by etrange: 9:33pm On Feb 18, 2020
lexy2014:

Bottom line is that u aren't one of his mates doing wonders across the nation

I said I am sir.

My clients can testify to my handiwork. I am contributing my quota. I'm not online blaming others for anything pertaining to me.

Thanks.
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by DaRuud(m): 9:37pm On Feb 18, 2020
adetunji996:
This result shows the accumulated result of students of department of computer science

Out of this 97 that failed , 87 will get job in state ministry of education
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by adanny01(m): 9:42pm On Feb 18, 2020
ikh777:
very very GOOD RESULT

computer science has NOTHING TO OFFER in most federal universities.... IMAGINE AT 400Level, you are doing ALGEBRA when your mate here in ghana is developing softwares already... and you both wrote the same WAEC o

Nigeria should be ashamed. Las Las school na scam. Any computer science student that has not yet figured it out should go and write jamb again to study ZOOLOGY because we are in a ZOO.

By entering university in Nigeria, a youth is already outdated and has already failed. Books are written by people older than our fathers and the materials are not even practical or current at all.

it is DIGITALLY SAD

You dont sound like you went to a university.

Math 102 is a 100level course
202 will be a 200level course and so forth.

It won't be an impossibility for a 400levelstudent doing a 100level course. Such situations can be a carry over of a prerequisite or cognate or an open elective. The summary there lists the courses all the students have carried at that graduating semester. The result will only state the course code so the need for the summary. It is obvious the students did carry overs they left behind since 100level.

Besides, this is a computer science Education department result

3 Likes

Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by Smartwave: 9:47pm On Feb 18, 2020
ikh777:
very very GOOD RESULT

Nigeria should be ashamed. Las Las school na scam. Any computer science student that has not yet figured it out should go and write jamb again to study ZOOLOGY because we are in a ZOO.

By entering university in Nigeria, a youth is already outdated and has already failed. Books are written by people older than our fathers and the materials are not even practical or current at all.

it is DIGITALLY SAD
But this is Computer science Education, faculty of Education. Not Pure Computer science, computer science is not for a failure or read and pass student. Is for real innovative student, with good Ideal. Not just to pass but ability to think outside the box. Sorry bro, that you're a failure doesn't mean others are.

1 Like

Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by medina230: 9:51pm On Feb 18, 2020
Meaning it is computer science in education...
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by adanny01(m): 9:53pm On Feb 18, 2020
mainman7:
Normal. Would have be suprised if the news is vice versa. Since it's not bh related activities, how you expect malos to excel in it. The only reason why they rule and enslave is because myopic men here love and prioritize Money, Religion and Material things over than our fellow Southerners.

Capital YES. Expecially all southern states' men who value their own belly and lust than protecting those that should look up to them. What is the motivation of an average southern man?! To buy lastest car, fashion and stiffle fellow southern men with envy. That is it, we focus on trying to achiev to that we can flaunt the achievent to kill our haters(fellow southern men) with envy! And get all the girls! Very childiah mentality. They undetstand this our foolishness, that's why your brother that is regularly given crumps would look the other way when... hmmm... They refused prevent when they could, still blinded by this self-desrructive ego, they refuse to unite and fight courageously to stop the killing of their sons and raping of their wives and daughters. Shame, shame, shame!

Truth is always very bitter. The next generation shall never forgive this current southern generation of "chop and lose sense, my belle and lust is more importat than my brothers lives". I love subtle intelligence of women so much and how they codedly pass accross their message why the southern men still gyrating and deceiving themselves to be men. Have you notice how most southern girl and women are now always dressed in black? They now see their mem as walking dead that refuse to rise to life and responsibility of defence when most needed. The cloths maybe stylish designs etc, but black have suddenly become so popular among our females. They have already seen that the men that God created to protect them have become useless weaklings and slaves to intruders that could have been conqured since, who have betrayed their females' trust. Being a man no be only to fvck and produce children like pigs. Real Men are Men! And we know ourselves: very few in the south, so we couldn't do much, we were also betrayed severally by the weaklings whenever we planned to.... True life story. Southern women now look up to God, southern men have fail them woefully.

See this village man.

You've never been to Zaria or ABU to say the school is malo.

You think ABU is UNN where 95% of the students are Igbos.

2 Likes

Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by adanny01(m): 9:57pm On Feb 18, 2020
SoNature:
To be sincere, an average core northerner is naturally slow. They rarely learn anything...not even how to pronounce words correctly.

An illiterate from southern Nigeria is by far more intelligent than an illiterate from the core north. I can never ask them an address if I am looking for one in Lagos, most especially their bike men.

Anyone who expects an average northerner to do well in Computer Science has himself to blame.

It's likely they gave most of them marks for them to even graduate with a third class.

This is no hate; it's a fact

What you are saying is derogatory and gives you away as someone who probably has never left Lagos. That makes you a village champion.
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by Localmannn: 9:59pm On Feb 18, 2020
etrange:

Please, help me explain. undecided
All man for himself
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by adanny01(m): 10:03pm On Feb 18, 2020
Suremikky:
How can someone who has never in his entire life written a single program teach students how to code for God sakes..useless country

You dont sound intelligent.

Graduates of Education are professional teachers, not lecturers or programmers.

Their target is primary and secondary education. Is coding taught in primary and secondary school?

Why do you guys spit trash without knowing anything?
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by mamatwiny(f): 10:05pm On Feb 18, 2020
abdulkayus:

FYI, nobody is admitted with a jamb score of less of 180 in ABU and other universities in the North or Nigeria as a whole for any course at all. Don't let your bigotry dent ur sense of reasoning. ABU is a standard university and has reputation to guard.

So how do you explain the colossal failure? It is either the students are dumb or the lecturers are not qualified, and with the much I know about the school , they recruit qualified lecturers so that leaves me with no option than to conclude that the admitted students in that department are dumb.
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by adanny01(m): 10:19pm On Feb 18, 2020
abdulazeez1002:
106 graduating students still struggling with 100Level maths. Haba, you now. Think nah

You ask someone to think but have not had a thought yourself.

If I ask you to tell me how many students took math 102 from what was posted there you will say 106. That is so wrong.

It can be 1, 2 or 3 or the entire class. The actual results was not posted so why did you assume 106 graduating students did math 106?

If 1 student did it, it will still show up in the summary. That page is a summary of all courses contained in the result. It is just a summary page, think, think, think!!!

That summary page has 27 courses, isn't it an impossibility for all the 164 students to do all the 27 courses at the same time?

Don't be quick to make assumptions, assumptions is the mother of all fvck ups.
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by adanny01(m): 10:31pm On Feb 18, 2020
DigitalBotNG:
As an ABU graduate, we are used to seeing these kind of results....

ABU students will fail in ABU, take them to South Africa or canada and they will be the best there.

ABU has a system that really needs to change.

You been there, I have been there, anyone who has been to ABU will relate to this result. Its not strange but its a terrible thing happening in ABU.

The students are not dumb, neither are the Professors. They will graduate with third class which will be as good as any 2-2 and even some 2-1 but ABU makes you handicapped for life. Its the system and they are too proud to reduce the bar that was set too high.
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by abdulkayus(m): 10:35pm On Feb 18, 2020
mamatwiny:

So how do you explain the colossal failure? It is either the students are dumb or the lecturers are not qualified, and with the much I know about the school , they recruit qualified lecturers so that leaves me with no option than to conclude that the admitted students in that department are dumb.

Don't we have massive failures in other universities in the south also? Even on this same thread and many threads also, it has been shown that are massive failures also in many countries in the south. What will you say about that?
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by adanny01(m): 10:37pm On Feb 18, 2020
mamatwiny:

What if the lecturers are just wicked? You've never seen a wicked lecturer before? Sadistic lecturers that pride themselves in failing students.

I had one in ABU. He was so wicked and had favorite students who even had keys to his office. My classmates paid a student to get the questions, he got them a day to the exams, you will not believe if I tell you my mates spent the whole night with text books, consulted all the gurus but 2 out of 4 questions were not solved till exam started. Basically, they slept with his questions under their pillows but no one could solve 2 of the questions. That is how a lecturer can be wicked.

I and 2 classmates of mine who out of personal principles refused to look at the expo failed the course 2 consecutive times until the man was fired from ABU.
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by lexy2014: 10:39pm On Feb 18, 2020
etrange:

I said I am sir.

My clients can testify to my handiwork. I am contributing my quota. I'm not online blaming others for anything pertaining to me.

Thanks.

U said "...across d nation" but u are in d US. Am only just following ur words
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by greypencils: 10:46pm On Feb 18, 2020
Na those ones wey fail gan gan go get job for NCC Abuja
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by Neoteny(m): 10:51pm On Feb 18, 2020
etrange:

Why I think verbs have anything to do with grammatical functions baffles you? That's an absurd statement and simply shows you have zero idea what we're discussing. Seriously, you don't know the difference between "whom" and "who" hinges on whether the pronoun is acting as an object or subject of the verb?

You didn't even read my post. Now go back and read it and show where I said "who" is an object. I repeat, "whom" is the objective form of the pronoun and the acceptable word in my context where it acts as the direct object compliment of the verb "blame". It is the recipient of the blame action.

Let me teach you like a kid in case you're preparing for an exam:

The guy is looking for whom to blame.

The guy is doing the blaming, he is the subject of the verb).

An unknown person (whom) is receiving the blame, he is the direct object of the verb.

I can replace the guy with "who" but I can only replace the unknown recipient with "whom".

This article title Whom Do You Blame? sends the message home:
https://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/01/14/whom-do-you-blam/

If you like, learn.

"Who" is used as subject. Your statement implied that they're looking for "who" to blame, thus the subject here takes precedence and is appropriately paired with "who".

Whom is used as an object, who is used as a subject.

And your statement was talking about subjects, not objects.

They're are looking for "who" (someone) to blame.

Remove the "who" and substitute it with "someone" and it makes it clear the statement is about the subject, and retains the same context.
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by adebtech(m): 11:10pm On Feb 18, 2020
StrikeBack:
Ode!!!

No difference between you and a religious ignoramus

"an ABUSITE is naturally ahead of you"

Too bad

Alaye, faraburuku e bale.

That's our saying, don't just come here with your frustrating soul to insult people.

1 Like

Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by etrange: 11:12pm On Feb 18, 2020
lexy2014:

U said "...across d nation" but u are in d US. Am only just following ur words

Read my first response. I said I worked in Nigeria before leaving for North America. So I have active and legacy systems there
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by adebtech(m): 11:17pm On Feb 18, 2020
abdulazeez1002:
106 graduating students still struggling with 100Level maths. Haba, you now. Think nah

I said they all had issue with the course, I never said they all failed the course.

They didn't offer the Math in 100 level but the course was added to their courses on the portal and results are being printed from the portal, this was just some database error. It would have been corrected by now I'm sure and those students would be doing clearance by now.
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by etrange: 11:28pm On Feb 18, 2020
Neoteny:

"Who" is used as subject. Your statement implied that they're looking for "who" to blame, thus the subject here takes precedence and is appropriately paired with "who".

Whom is used as an object, who is used as a subject.

And your statement was talking about subjects, not objects.

They're are looking for "who" (someone) to blame.

Remove the "who" and substitute it with "someone" and it makes it clear the statement is about the subject, and retains the same context.

I get it now. You don't know the difference between subject and object in linguistics. You're defining them in general terms. That's why you feel the "someone to blame" is the subject. After all, the sentence is all about him. I also understand why you asked what verb has to do with this.

Well, that's not the case. In Syntax (the branch of linguistics that studies sentence structure), the subject is not necessarily the main topic of a sentence; the subject is the noun or pronoun that exerts the action of the verb in that sentence while the object is the noun of pronoun that receives the action. It's always with respect to the verb. Example:

He blames someone.

Q) Who does the blaming?
A) He - that's the subject of the verb "blame".

Q) Who gets the blame?
A) someone - that's the object of the verb "blame" (this type of object is called a direct object).

In summary, subject is the doer while the object is the receiver.

I oversimplified the explanation to make it clear. I really wish you understand it now.
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by Edoziesmart(m): 12:42am On Feb 19, 2020
Localmannn:
dont rush to comment , read the post first and assimilate

You are the one that need to read first and assimilate before quoting someone. The guy was referring to that guy above him. Who was comparing how Ghana system of education is far better than Nigeria own.

He thought lecturers will teach you everything, impossible. It is his obligation to learn outside the school environment. I studied computer engineering, and today I'm doing far more better than most of my class guys in the IT firm, cus I learnt outside the school environment then. When you wait for a lecturer to spoonfeed you in a public university here in Nigeria, you will wait and get exhausted.

Try and learn on your own especially when you are studying computer related course. Most lecturer doesn't know all this modern programming languages. They still taught cobol, pascal, qbasic, Fortran etc. Which is already outdated language when it comes to demanded languages of the modern era.

1 Like

Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by Exodora: 12:58am On Feb 19, 2020
edoairways:
That result will not scale through if that university have a workable senate
Workable senat indeed, I could remember one certain year like that in UNN , some mathematics student didn't graduate cause of some issues in the department , this is Nigeria anything is possible now .
Everybody in Nigeria has one form of psycho this days.
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by yinkeys(m): 1:26am On Feb 19, 2020
Useless Nigerian schools with obsolete curricula. Lecturers acting like gods. Not cool.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2017 MTN Foundation Scholarship Scheme Registration / Governor Shettima Awards Scholarship To Galadima Isreal, Highest In JAMB Scorer / Meet Highest JAMB Scorers In The Last 10 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.