Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,494 members, 7,823,156 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science (73426 Views)

Umar Yandaki Broke 33years Old Record Of First Class Degree In History Dept,UDUS / Al-Amin Bashir Bugaje, ABU Zaria Best Student 2017. Gets NNPC Scholarship / Scenic Pictures Of ABU Zaria Dam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by Kaimadiya(f): 2:17am On Feb 19, 2020
ikh777:
very very GOOD RESULT

computer science has NOTHING TO OFFER in most federal universities.... IMAGINE AT 400Level, you are doing ALGEBRA when your mate here in ghana is developing softwares already... and you both wrote the same WAEC o

Nigeria should be ashamed. Las Las school na scam. Any computer science student that has not yet figured it out should go and write jamb again to study ZOOLOGY because we are in a ZOO.

By entering university in Nigeria, a youth is already outdated and has already failed. Books are written by people older than our fathers and the materials are not even practical or current at all.

it is DIGITALLY SAD

it's 100level course... always read before typing nonsense

1 Like

Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by 9jaRealist: 3:31am On Feb 19, 2020
adetunji996:
This result shows the accumulated result of students of department of computer science

These are the same people who will be governing Nigeria in the future... angry
>

1 Like

Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by 9jaRealist: 3:33am On Feb 19, 2020
Kaimadiya:

ikh777:
very very GOOD RESULT

computer science has NOTHING TO OFFER in most federal universities.... IMAGINE AT 400Level, you are doing ALGEBRA when your mate here in ghana is developing softwares already... and you both wrote the same WAEC o

Nigeria should be ashamed. Las Las school na scam. Any computer science student that has not yet figured it out should go and write jamb again to study ZOOLOGY because we are in a ZOO.

By entering university in Nigeria, a youth is already outdated and has already failed. Books are written by people older than our fathers and the materials are not even practical or current at all.

it is DIGITALLY SAD

it's 100level course... always read before typing nonsense

grin grin grin

If you believe what he wrote...
He's the graduate of a Nigerian university!
>
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by pasuma(m): 3:44am On Feb 19, 2020
You are absolutely right, it's been like this since our days of studying computer science from late 90s and it's getting worse by the day. The curriculum is terrible. No respite in sight.
ikh777:
very very GOOD RESULT

it is DIGITALLY SAD

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by Juliearth(f): 4:16am On Feb 19, 2020
ikh777:
very very GOOD RESULT

it is DIGITALLY SAD

I am telling you. The sad reality is that computer science students/graduates will have to learn these IT skills on their own... Yet ASUU keeps crying for better working condition and pay when they are not ready put in the work, half baked lecturers with hot pants, outdated notes being recycled semester by semester... Maybe I don't blame the FG for its irresponsibility towards ASUU.
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by abdulazeez1002(m): 5:09am On Feb 19, 2020
adanny01:

That summary page has 27 courses, isn't it an impossibility for all the 164 students to do all the 27 courses at the same time?

Don't be quick to make assumptions, assumptions is the mother of all fvck ups.
It's clearly written at the top 400Level result. But you are still yarning okoto talk
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by abdulazeez1002(m): 5:15am On Feb 19, 2020
adebtech:

I said they all had issue with the course, I never said they all failed the course.

They didn't offer the Math in 100 level but the course was added to their courses on the portal and results are being printed from the portal, this was just some database error. It would have been corrected by now I'm sure and those students would be doing clearance by now.
Database error my foot. Result dey released 1 week ago after like 4 month. And moreover the 3 maths in 100L have always been core for B.ed comp student.

1 Like

Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by Caseless: 5:52am On Feb 19, 2020
adetunji996:
This result shows the accumulated result of students of department of computer science
that's faculty of education computer science students, not faculty of science.
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by tegrianonigltd(m): 6:58am On Feb 19, 2020
etrange:
The person above has failed himself and he's running around looking for whom to blame. Believe me, he wouldn't end up any differently even he was sent to Oxford University. He thought the school would open his head and insert programming. His mates in computing are doing wonders across the nation, he's here projecting his failures. I had friends like him back in school, they hardly attend classes. Lol

He said the truth, I withdraw from computer science, dropped out, went to Aptech 2’years and middlesex one year got a Bsc, doing my MS now, before I even finish Aptech, I don Dey develop back end websites, Android, Thats because of I was even hustling and going then, still yet I was able to acquire knowledge, I am venturing into the data science and big data analysis, Nigeria universities is quacked and demented, I thank God I took the bold decision of dropping out at 400, in same 4 years now, I am running a masters, 2 years Aptech, final year in middlesex university, that’s 3 years to be groomed into the IT world. Same in Ghana, Ghana by 3 year, you are already developing softwares as he said.. abroad university, class go hungry you to go self
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by adanny01(m): 7:05am On Feb 19, 2020
abdulazeez1002:
It's clearly written at the top 400Level result. But you are still yarning okoto talk

Certainly you didn't go to the university, from what you are saying.

A 400l student wrote math 102 a 100l course as a carry over. How dumb are you? Its a carry over he didn't rewrite since 100l and will never graduate till he passes the course because it is core course for all science based students.

I did the same math 102 in ABU and my classmate who failed it carried over the course in 200l. In this 400l summary, one 400l student must have left it behind till now.

Must it be spelled for you like a primary school comprehension competition. A graduate should be able to understand results but not you. Its obvious you are still a secondary school boy.

1 Like

Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by jimmyLd101: 7:09am On Feb 19, 2020
samuel19222:
[b]A son took his old father to a restaurant for an evening dinner. Father being very old and weak, while eating, dropped food on his shirt and trousers. Others diners watched him in disgust while his son was calm.
After he finished eating, his son who was not at all embarrassed, quietly took him to the wash room, wiped the food particles, removed the stains, combed his hair and fitted his spectacles firmly. When they came out, the entire restaurant was watching them in dead silence, not able to grasp how someone could embarrass themselves publicly like that. The son settled the bill and started walking out with his father.

At that time, an old man amongst the diners called out to the son and asked him, “Don’t you think you have left something behind?”.
The son replied, “No sir, I haven’t”.

The old man retorted, “Yes, you have! You left a lesson for every son and hope for every father“.

LESSON: Do not neglect your parents because they do things old people do. The young shall grow, the grown ups would get old one day.[/b]
waiting you they try talk for so long
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by expaboy(m): 7:18am On Feb 19, 2020
From the course code.. ALGEBRA (mat 102) is a first year course not 400 level.

ikh777:
very very GOOD RESULT

it is DIGITALLY SAD
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by optimus106(m): 7:22am On Feb 19, 2020
edoairways:
That result will not scale through if that university have a workable senate

You spoke like a typical Nigerian, so the senate will upgrade their students right?

1 Like

Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by lexy2014: 7:44am On Feb 19, 2020
etrange:

Read my first response. I said I worked in Nigeria before leaving for North America. So I have active and legacy systems there

U worked in Nigeria... past tense.

His mates in computing are doing wonders across the nation...present continuous tense.

Like I said, am only following ur choice of words
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by nauto: 7:47am On Feb 19, 2020
cool
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by samuel19222(m): 7:51am On Feb 19, 2020
me sef I no know
jimmyLd101:
waiting you they try talk for so long
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by Ajibade123(m): 8:01am On Feb 19, 2020
people will come na and start saying computer science is scam
17 powerful habits of highly successful student https://explicitsuccess.com/study-habits-of-successful-students/
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by mamatwiny(f): 8:48am On Feb 19, 2020
abdulkayus:

Don't we have massive failures in other universities in the south also? Even on this same thread and many threads also, it has been shown that are massive failures also in many countries in the south. What will you say about that?

It is possible we have such in other schools, but the topic of discus on this thread is computer science (education as pointed out by another student on this thread). I am not region biased in my discussions. ABU used to be a top ranking school during my school days. It was either no 1 or no 2 in the north then, with unilorin as the only competition.
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by mamatwiny(f): 8:56am On Feb 19, 2020
adanny01:

What if the lecturers are just wicked? You've never seen a wicked lecturer before? Sadistic lecturers that pride themselves in failing students.

I had one in ABU. He was so wicked and had favorite students who even had keys to his office. My classmates paid a student to get the questions, he got them a day to the exams, you will not believe if I tell you my mates spent the whole night with text books, consulted all the gurus but 2 out of 4 questions were not solved till exam started. Basically, they slept with his questions under their pillows but no one could solve 2 of the questions. That is how a lecturer can be wicked.

I and 2 classmates of mine who out of personal principles refused to look at the expo failed the course 2 consecutive times until the man was fired from ABU.

I cannot rule out the possibility of having 1 or 2 or even 3 lecturers that pride themselves in failing students, but it is impossible to have 7 to 9 sadistic lecturers. Did you really see that result? With your line of argument, that is only possible with 7 to 9 sadistic lecturers in that department.
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by edoairways: 9:00am On Feb 19, 2020
optimus106:

You spoke like a typical Nigerian, so the senate will upgrade their students right?
The Senate will reject the result instantly. They would ask the department to work on it before approval
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by jmaine: 9:13am On Feb 19, 2020
ikh777:
very very GOOD RESULT

it is DIGITALLY SAD

You feel the study of zoology is all about an Ex-situ Conservation which the Zoological gardens represent?

This ignorance won't last long..
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by arena07: 9:31am On Feb 19, 2020
tegrianonigltd:

He said the truth, I withdraw from computer science, dropped out, went to Aptech 2’years and middlesex one year got a Bsc, doing my MS now, before I even finish Aptech, I don Dey develop back end websites, Android, Thats because of I was even hustling and going then, still yet I was able to acquire knowledge, I am venturing into the data science and big data analysis, Nigeria universities is quacked and demented, I thank God I took the bold decision of dropping out at 400, in same 4 years now, I am running a masters, 2 years Aptech, final year in middlesex university, that’s 3 years to be groomed into the IT world. Same in Ghana, Ghana by 3 year, you are already developing softwares as he said.. abroad university, class go hungry you to go self
Do you mean Middlesex university in UK?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by jabbo(m): 9:37am On Feb 19, 2020
You think you have made sense? Did you not see that the Algebra is a 100 level course (Math 102)? I don't blame you, I blame your mobile service provider that gave you free data to post rubbish.

ikh777:
very very GOOD RESULT

it is DIGITALLY SAD

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by frankosivue(m): 10:08am On Feb 19, 2020
ikh777:
very very GOOD RESULT

it is DIGITALLY SAD
Algebra is a 100L course in ABU. Check the course code
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by Emmyxclusive: 10:12am On Feb 19, 2020
What's wrong with these children? I belong to the class of 2014, we had 6 first class, over 32 2:1 and many 2:2.
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by frankosivue(m): 10:12am On Feb 19, 2020
jabbo:
You think you have made sense? Did you not see that the Algebra is a 100 level course (Math 102)? I don't blame you, I blame your mobile service provider that gave you free data to post rubbish.

May he didn't notice the code.
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by frankosivue(m): 10:33am On Feb 19, 2020
adebtech:
Before you people start insulting my school, this is actually Computer Science Education results not Computer Science department.

The MATH there is an 100 level course that the whole Science Education department students had issue with and that's why the results are actually like that.

Ahmadu Bello University is one of the prestigious schools in this country presently, and as a computer science student of this great school, I find this post misleading and the mods should probably do something about it because it's on front page already.

Just so you know, an ABUSITE is naturally ahead of you. �
I hope they understand lol
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by frankosivue(m): 10:43am On Feb 19, 2020
abdulkayus:

FYI, nobody is admitted with a jamb score of less of 180 in ABU and other universities in the North or Nigeria as a whole for any course at all. Don't let your bigotry dent ur sense of reasoning. ABU is a standard university and has reputation to guard.
You shouldn't have wasted your precious time to educate him because I am sure he still won't learn. I am from the south but I school here in the North.

1 Like

Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by landforeast(m): 11:03am On Feb 19, 2020
bonnyhope:

i need the list of estates you have in ibeju lekki that meet the ff requirements:

govt excision
it has to be on the express way not on coastal road ( road that stretches to dangote refinery
Ok Sir can you please drop your number or chat me up on Whatsapp so I can send your the details.
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by bonnyhope: 11:05am On Feb 19, 2020
landforeast:

Ok Sir can you please drop your number or chat me up on Whatsapp so I can send your the details.

Drop ur watsap no.
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by Cregiank: 11:43am On Feb 19, 2020
Mister, the algebra is 102.. that means it is 100L course and not 400

ikh777:
very very GOOD RESULT

it is DIGITALLY SAD

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Governor Shettima Awards Scholarship To Galadima Isreal, Highest In JAMB Scorer / 2017 MTN Foundation Scholarship Scheme Registration / Girl Blames ASUU For Masturbating All The Time, Begs Them To Call Off Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.