Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,575 members, 7,820,068 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

The Mysterious Link Between Ancient Egyptian Language And Yoruba - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Mysterious Link Between Ancient Egyptian Language And Yoruba (683 Views)

Global Staying Power Of Yoruba Language and Culture- Reno Omokri / Relationship Between Yoruba Language And Igala Language. / The Mysterious Cave Of Ashes (Isarun) In Ondo State (Video, Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Mysterious Link Between Ancient Egyptian Language And Yoruba by McPizzle(m): 5:11pm On Feb 18, 2020
I was subscribed to academia.edu being an alumnus of unilag, on one of my random web surfing I found a document that essentially links ancient old Egyptian to theYoruba language. The ancient scripts were obviously written in hieroglyphic forms, sustained efforts have helped archaeologists and linguists to vocalize these hieroglyphs and its amazing how there's a link between the two, I'm especially astounded because this link was drawn on linguistic grounds, the research links ancient pharaonic Egyptian with Yoruba and Mbochi (bantu) languages an the following grounds
1. They are cognate on the basis of regular sound correspondences
2. Lexical correspondences by alveolar liquid /r/ initial
3. Lexical correspondences by unvoiced
alveolar fricative /s/ initial

For those who would love to see the body of work because this post doesn't do justice to subject, please google 'Ancient Egyptian and Modern Yoruba: phonetic regularity' by Theophile Obenga for full script.

4 Likes

Re: The Mysterious Link Between Ancient Egyptian Language And Yoruba by McPizzle(m): 5:17pm On Feb 18, 2020
If anyone has any knowledge on this issue please share with.

1 Like

Re: The Mysterious Link Between Ancient Egyptian Language And Yoruba by lawani: 4:00pm On Apr 06, 2020
I have read papers about the similarities. Kayfra, Macof take note of this article.
Re: The Mysterious Link Between Ancient Egyptian Language And Yoruba by macof(m): 4:06pm On Apr 06, 2020
lawani:
I have read papers about the similarities. Kayfra, Macof take note of this article.

We have dealt with this
Please there's no point to another repeating the same thing

Those so called Cognates between Ancient Egyptian and Yoruba had been found to be words that don't exist in ancient Egyptian language
Re: The Mysterious Link Between Ancient Egyptian Language And Yoruba by kayfra: 4:15pm On Apr 06, 2020
1. It's all made up stuff
2. Even if you give the benefit of the doubt. You end up comparing ancient language to a current one. Language isn't static

1 Like

Re: The Mysterious Link Between Ancient Egyptian Language And Yoruba by MetaPhysical: 5:10am On Apr 07, 2020
macof:

We have dealt with this
Please there's no point to another repeating the same thing

Those so called Cognates between Ancient Egyptian and Yoruba had been found to be words that don't exist in ancient Egyptian language

Point to the thread where this was "dealt with" and with conclusion of the unrelatedness.

When you are cornered with facts its always ...." We have dealth with this...."

Show us the methodology you applied to disprove these facts.

(1) (Reply)

Group Exposes Fraudulent Activities Of A Traditional Ruler In Imo State / Why Do Secret Service Agents Always Hold The Door Open On The Opposite Side / A Guy Who Won Medal In Usa Proudly Showed The Biafran Flag.photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.