Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,685 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. (10726 Views)

Elepaq Constant Or Sumec Firman 4.5kva / Use Elepaq Generator 2.5 Kva / Printer And Elepaq Generator For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by Eboski(m): 8:43pm On Feb 20, 2020
uboma:

That's a 2.8KVA generator.

Why did you lie that 1k fuel runs from 6:00pm to 6:00am the following morning?
Oga I run my generator with 1k fuel from 6pm to 6am, SUMEC FIRMAN 3000E2 is a big gen. why will i lie? I'm encouraging the brother on what to do. let him keep the new one and do a replacement
Re: I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by Uyi168: 11:26pm On Feb 20, 2020
fineboynl:
I use to run my tiger generator 6-7 hours with just a litre fuel way back.
Your small tiger gen used to power ur fridge?

2 Likes

Re: I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by fineboynl(m): 3:50pm On Feb 21, 2020
Eboski:
oga change your carburetor and keep the new one then see if there will be changes. it doesn't matter .
you haven't giving a good reason to change it. What will the change one do which this follow come can't do if adjust.

It comes with warranty and the man warns me not to tempered with it.

We loosing the firing yesterday and the firing and Loud sound have reduced. And I filled the tank yesterday. I runs it from 7:20 to 11:20 PM. I still have half tank. I will run it today again and see how many hours in total it take the 10 litres to finish.
Re: I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by egopersonified(f): 6:42am On Feb 22, 2020
fineboynl:
I have only run it for lesser than 5 hours 30 mins. and have lost half tank already. I bout fuel N1600 10 litres.

I only power my small fridge and ceiling fan.

it's not economically viable as I will spend like 1k everyday alone just to power it from 6-7 o'clock to 11-12 o'clock.

Did you open the fuel tank half way or all the way down? Is the load on the Gen too much?
Re: I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by Acidosis(m): 7:39am On Feb 22, 2020
Surprised no one has asked the op to indicate the engine capacity of the gen.

The way a 2.5kva gen consumes fuel is not same with a 7.5kva. Whatever anyone tells you about the consumption level of your gen without the above information is ignorant/blind talk.

You cannot use a 7.5kva gen for example and expect a 1k fuel to run beyond 3-4hours. Doesn't matter whether you powered your 5 Air conditioners or just Nokia charger.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by Acidosis(m): 7:48am On Feb 22, 2020
uboma:

1k fuel runs for a period of 5 hours at most and you complain that your generator consumes fuel.

How many hours do you want it to run on 1k fuel?

Depends on the capacity of the gen.

On a 2.5kva gen, 1k fuel runs for at least 10 hours based on personal experience.

On a 1kva (Tiger gen), same amount runs for over 15 hours.

On a 4kva, may be 5 hours

On a 7.5kva, less than 4 hours.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by uboma(m): 8:56am On Feb 22, 2020
Acidosis:

Depends on the capacity of the gen.

On a 2.5kva gen, 1k fuel runs for at least 10 hours based on personal experience.

On a 1kva (Tiger gen), same amount runs for over 15 hours.

On a 4kva, may be 5 hours

On a 7.5kva, less than 4 hours.

Of course, I am aware of these.

However we are talking about the Op's complain that his generator only runs for about 5 hours on fuel of 1k.

The Op wants his generator to run for 10hours on 1k fuel most probably.
Re: I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by fineboynl(m): 2:15pm On Feb 24, 2020
update

after a technician lower the generator.

I filled the tank 10litres for N1600 and it only runs for barely 13-14 hours in total. couple with the fact i had to bend the generator allowing the last fuel to flow to the carburetor.

this is outrageously.

2 Likes

Re: I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by Nobody: 4:52pm On Feb 24, 2020
fineboynl:
update

after a technician lower the generator.

I filled the tank 10litres for N1600 and it only runs for barely 13-14 hours in total. couple with the fact i had to bend the generator allowing the last fuel to flow to the carburetor.

this is outrageously.
What do you want actually?

By the way, if u keep on running this gen this way, it will pack up easily?
Get a supporting gen.
Hian!
Re: I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by fineboynl(m): 5:15pm On Feb 24, 2020
sassysure:
What do you want actually?
By the way, if u keep on running this gen this way, it will pack up easily? Get a supporting gen. Hian!
no it was not a straight usage. for 3 days
Re: I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by Homeyfav: 4:07pm On Jul 20, 2021
[][[///
Re: I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by Calebabiloye: 10:08pm On Jul 06, 2023
Change your carburator from that plastic to iron ,and let engineer saves you from fuel consumption
Re: I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by TemmyTee82(f): 8:45am On Nov 04, 2023
fineboynl:
I have only run it for lesser than 5 hours 30 mins. and have lost half tank already. I bout fuel N1600 10 litres.

it's not economically viable as I will spend like 1k everyday alone just to power it from 6-7 o'clock to 11-12 o'clock.

Hmmm. Good times! sad

1 Like

Re: I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by Anaya4life: 9:36am On Nov 19, 2023
TemmyTee82:

Hmmm. Good times! sad

Lool.... just the comment I was looking for

1 Like

Re: I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by oluwaseyi0: 12:31pm On Nov 19, 2023
TemmyTee82:

Hmmm. Good times! sad

Nigeria ain't getting better anytime soon

In 3 years or so someone will still quote this your comment as 'good time'

Dollar will probably be 2500 and fuel 1,500 per litter then

1 Like

Re: I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. by bigl: 1:14am On Feb 03
fineboynl:

Oga, adjust this screw in the pix attached: Turn it clock wise till it feels tight, then loosen a tiny bit anti-clockwise ... enjoy new fuel economy ...

If u wan dey sure say e dey work, turn it all the way anticlock wise (but no let the screw/spring fall out) ... your gen go swallow 5 litres in 1 hour...

I have adjusted mine and i dey enjoy good fuel economy!

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Married My Rebound Guy, What Do I Do? / Widows In Nigeria Explain How They Cope With Sexual Urges / My Daily Routine As A Lagos Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.