Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,544 members, 7,819,934 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding (68115 Views)

A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding / Pastor Folayemi Richard Beat Pregnant Wife To Coma 3 Months After Wedding / My Wife Changed 2 Weeks After Wedding!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by bonnyhope: 3:51pm On Feb 19, 2020
PETUK:
she covered cloth from head to toe and you are wondering how the gas take explodes.

Explain to us how covering of body can cause ignition
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by majamajic(m): 3:53pm On Feb 19, 2020
memilanmania:

Not been exposed to use of gas Because she wore hijab or she’s from the north ??

Doctor what might be the cause ?

Not cos of North but it's possible , it has happened to me before , I know how
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by bonnyhope: 3:56pm On Feb 19, 2020
LARRYOBRAIN:
I told my wife, no use of gas in my home.
I have seen casualties, I dey use my electric cooker and stove.
Life sweet oo.

What if you piped the cylinder outside
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by bonnyhope: 3:58pm On Feb 19, 2020
dominique:

You've not heard of people dying or getting burnt from kerosine explosion before? If you take proper precautions when using a gas cylinder, explosions like this will be avoided.

Pls share with us the precautionary measure
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by chukwumzurum(m): 4:28pm On Feb 19, 2020
So sad..
This gas, God deliver us from accidents o.
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by frog12: 4:28pm On Feb 19, 2020
are you telling us they had another separate cylinder in the kitchen with their gas cooker

omakay:

I can bet you a million horses that this was exactly the case.

On January 12, 2020, exactly 27 days after their wedding, newlyweds, Sa’adatu Muhammad Babangida and her husband Najib Ahmad were at home in Jos when she complained of toothache. At about 10:30pm she went to the kitchen to brew some java pepper (a blend of coffee) that would help alleviate her pains.

Najib waited in the bedroom but soon heard an explosion from within the house. Most of the ceiling caved in, as did most of their newly-minted lives in what the husband, Najib, would describe as “a terrible moment.” A gas explosion in the kitchen had left Sa’adatu badly burnt, crying for help.

“I started hearing Sa’adatu from the room crying
“Inna liLlahi wa inna ilaihi raji’un,” (to God we belong and to God we shall return.) I then concluded that something dreadful had happened to my lovely wife,” Najib said.

He found his wife on the kitchen floor, writhing in pain, half of her body covered in burns. He rushed her to the Jos University Teaching Hospital where he hoped she could be treated.

99% of the time, it is the cylinders that explode and not the cooker.

The problem is always the location of the pressurized gas.
[b][/b]
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by Cuteamigo1(m): 4:37pm On Feb 19, 2020
omakay:

Exactly what am saying.

If that cylinder was outside the kitchen, most of the gas would disperse into the large atmosphere.

GAS CYLINDERS SHOULD NOT BE IN THE KITCHEN........... SAND OR NOT.....
I agree completely. It's a camping Gas though but still it's best kept and used outside if the name is cooking gas. I believe it will exponentially reduce incidents of gas explosion.
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by bigiyaro(m): 4:38pm On Feb 19, 2020
bonnyhope:

Pls share with us the precautionary measure
precautionary measures
1. use a gas stove lighter, not matches.
2. ignite the gas lighter before you turn on the gas stove...never you turn on the gas stove before you start looking for your lighter, the gas will circulate within seconds
3.never shake ur gas cylinder to check if u still have gas inside..... pour water on it instead, the wet part still have gas.
4. Never ignite any spark if u perceiving (hearing) any gas smell in the house or kitchen, including flipping electrical switches.....instead open ur Windows and doors to let the gas out n fresh air inside the house, then check your gas pipe or hose and cylinder for any leakages.
5. pls buy clean and standard cylinders not old and rustic ones.
PS I would have showed you how to check the life Span of cylinders but no time.
stay safe.

1 Like

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by omakay(m): 4:41pm On Feb 19, 2020
frog12:
are you telling us they had another separate cylinder in the kitchen with their gas cooker

I am telling you that their gas cylinder was most probably inside their kitchen alongside their gas cooker.
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by omakay(m): 4:43pm On Feb 19, 2020
bigiyaro:
precautionary measures
1. use a gas stove lighter, not matches.
2. ignite the gas lighter before you turn on the gas stove...never you turn on the gas stove before you start looking for your lighter, the gas will circulate within seconds
3.never shake ur gas cylinder to check if u still have gas inside..... pour water on it instead, the wet part still have gas.
4. Never ignite any spark if u perceiving (hearing) any gas smell in the house or kitchen, including flipping electrical switches.....instead open ur Windows and doors to let the gas out n fresh air inside the house, then check your gas pipe or hose and cylinder for any leakages.
5. pls buy clean and standard cylinders not old and rustic ones.
PS I would have showed you how to check the life Span of cylinders but no time.
stay safe.

Abeg show us ooooooo.....

Make plenty time no come dey for obituary and burial ceremony.......

Someone here might just be using an expired cylinder right inside his/her kitchen.
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by frog12: 4:50pm On Feb 19, 2020
how can it be separate

the cylinders are always part of the gas cookers. be clear.

omakay:

I am telling you that their gas cylinder was most probably inside their kitchen alongside their gas cooker.
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by omakay(m): 5:03pm On Feb 19, 2020
frog12:
how can it be separate

the cylinders are always part of the gas cookers. be clear.

These are basic samples of most gas cookers found in Nigerian homes.

Choose which of them you use and let's continue our discuss.

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by omakay(m): 5:08pm On Feb 19, 2020
This is what is applicable in some Nigerian homes.

THIS IS A DISASTER WAITING TO HAPPEN.

DO NOT INVITE ME OVER FOR WEEKEND VISIT.

PLEASE.

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by KerekereOgun: 5:13pm On Feb 19, 2020
[s]
SangoOlukosoOba:

Did you read!

Smh...

This is why you have been unable to secure a job
[/s]
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by frog12: 5:18pm On Feb 19, 2020
the 3rd one obviously. thats the most popular.

omakay:

These are basic samples of most gas cookers found in Nigerian homes.

Choose which of them you use and let's continue our discuss.

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by frog12: 5:20pm On Feb 19, 2020
so they have a combination of gas cookers in the kitchen, but the article no say am.

omakay:
This is what is applicable in some Nigerian homes.

THIS IS A DISASTER WAITING TO HAPPEN.

DO NOT INVITE ME OVER FOR WEEKEND VISIT.

PLEASE.
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by gwama: 5:28pm On Feb 19, 2020
Sure, spiritual wife of her husband lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed, this guy will take a 2nd wife, this woman will died to, the 3rd one also, the 4 wife will escape of this malediction.
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by omakay(m): 5:29pm On Feb 19, 2020
frog12:
the 3rd one obviously. thats the most popular.

If the third one is what you use, then you should check the tightness of the burner once a week.

When you get close to use it, first check for any 'wizzzzzz' sound (sound of a leaking burner)

These burners are not as strong as they used to be.

Let's all be safe.
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by omakay(m): 5:41pm On Feb 19, 2020
frog12:
so they have a combination of gas cookers in the kitchen, but the article no say am.

If they used a microwave-oven in their kitchen, assuming that the gas cylinder was outside the kitchen, an explosion would have occurred inside the kitchen only if the gas cooker was leaking out the gas supplied into it from the cylinder outside. The kitchen itself would have being filled with the smell of cooking gas. By the way, how many of us can smartly smell cooking gas fast enough to know that there is trouble?

If they used a microwave-oven in their kitchen, assuming that the gas cylinder was inside the kitchen, an explosion would have occurred in the kitchen either due to a leaking gas cylinder(the smell would have heavily filled the kitchen) or if the gas cooker was leaking out the gas supplied into it from the cylinder inside. Either ways, there would be an explosion.

MAKE UNA NO DEY PUT UNA CYLINDER INSIDE UNA KITCHEN OOOOOO
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by Digmygold: 6:23pm On Feb 19, 2020
majamajic:
The teenager might not being exposed wella to use of gas cooker before then

May she rest in peace !

Did you not read the article? She was 30 mot a teenagee.

RIP to the dead.
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by dalass(f): 6:28pm On Feb 19, 2020
majamajic:
The teenager might not being exposed wella to use of gas cooker before then

May she rest in peace !

What teenager?

The late woman was 30 years.. A graduate of microbiology!

Works at a phc lab

People be rushing to get to FP by typing rubbish
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by Godwin2am(m): 6:46pm On Feb 19, 2020
young ladies go learn from your mother how to take care of the family and how to cook for your husband
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by MrCurious: 7:07pm On Feb 19, 2020
victorian:

As in ehn? Im shocked

He had already sentenced her dead in his room before going forth to take her to the hospital and deceiving people he is worried about his wife making it alive.
But he has cursed her to die instead. Smhhhh.

People be careful whom u marry. Not every intention is pure.

Na wa o.
You and that person you quoted are both miserable being. If only you had known the true meaning and blessing behind those words that lady said before her last moment came in, you wouldn’t have spit that trash you called words.

Even religious jews and some christians perform something similar (using of water to wash cleanse their hands and chant some Jewish citation) like that at the brink of death.

Why must you tag everything a muslim does a bad thing?! undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by ardeysholah: 7:28pm On Feb 19, 2020
May Almighty Allah forgive all her sins and grant her Aljanat Firidaous. Amin
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by MrCurious: 7:34pm On Feb 19, 2020
Lostz:
is that why there is close to 0 value for life in Muslims countries?
And if them give you free dubai, qatar, saudi, kuwait or even turkey visa you go rush go there undecided
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by majamajic(m): 7:36pm On Feb 19, 2020
dalass:

What teenager?

The late woman was 30 years.. A graduate of microbiology!

Works at a phc lab

People be rushing to get to FP by typing rubbish

Like I said before my comments has gone before they edit and put on FP

That's the reason none of about 8 first comments didn't mention me

So relax !!
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by majamajic(m): 7:37pm On Feb 19, 2020
Digmygold:

Did you not read the article? She was 30 mot a teenagee.

RIP to the dead.

Post was edited after my comment, I said it before
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by Nobody: 7:39pm On Feb 19, 2020
MrCurious:

And if them give you free dubai, qatar, saudi, kuwait or even turkey visa you go rush go there undecided
I will never move to any Muslim country. I prefer Ghana or any nice African country
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by MrCurious: 7:42pm On Feb 19, 2020
Lostz:
I will never move to any Muslim country. I prefer Ghana or any nice African country
Hypocrite! angry
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by Nobody: 7:48pm On Feb 19, 2020
MrCurious:

Hypocrite! angry
If I ever want to leave Nigeria, it won't be to a third world Muslim country
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by victorian(f): 7:49pm On Feb 19, 2020
MrCurious:

You and that person you quoted are both miserable being. If only you had known the true meaning and blessing behind those words that lady said before her last moment came in, you wouldn’t have spit that trash you called words.

Even religious jews and some christians perform something similar (using of water to wash cleanse their hands and chant some Jewish citation) like that at the brink of death.

Why must you tag everything a muslim does a bad thing?! undecided

Shut up!

You are the most miserable human being I have ever come across online.

Did I mention anything about Muslim?

Smhhhh
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding by Blackmiserable(m): 7:53pm On Feb 19, 2020
Lostz:
“I started hearing Sa’adatu from the room crying
“Inna liLlahi wa inna ilaihi raji’un,” (to God we belong and to God we shall return.) I then concluded that something dreadful had happened to my lovely wife,” Najib said.

instead of crying for help you are already thinking of death. hmmmmm fear Muslims

This is honestly the best thing the reasonable creature can say at the point of death. To God we belong and to God we shall return.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Kills Big Catfish For His Wife To Celebrate The Birth Of Their Baby Boy / Mia And Rozonno McGhee That Had Sextuplets 6 Years Ago Vs Now (Photos) / My Marriage Has Finally Ended

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.