Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,809 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job (3442 Views)

Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment / What I Did Yesterday After I Lost My Last N200 During Interview / How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by Young03(m): 6:55am On Feb 20, 2020
They just posted this now

Go and re apply

Re: Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by amikable97: 7:08am On Feb 20, 2020
I feel sorry for your loss, it's not easy to manage without a job in this harsh economy...
What's important is that you need to find something with which you can use to get by for now. If you're in a student's environment (any of the higher institutions there in Enugu) is it possible to you to start doing something like writing Project, proposals, term papers etc for students

It's not much but you can start from somewhere, at least you're good at writing. Why not harness the skill before a better job comes around.

I wish you the best.
Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by CsRockefeller(m): 7:23am On Feb 20, 2020
LeoFish92:

At the emboldened, here it is insubordination when you take a day off or half a day off without informing the management.

But for something as flimsy as to go get lunch? Which wouldn't take more than 5mins..

And you walk up to managers office, to tell him? The manager will think you are daft.

I didn't want to involve the colleague who covered for me cos he'd be sacked too. And his condition would be worse than mine, he has wife and children.

Not a good place to work then. When you go for a break your desk/duty should be empty. No one should cover for someone who went for a break because it's a lunch break and you are not expected to be on break and still be working.

Unless the time you went wasn't the approved time.

1 Like

Re: Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by Alitair(m): 9:31am On Feb 20, 2020
Young03:

Go and re apply

I wasn't able to decode most of the requirements.

Is there a way you can help me understand better
Re: Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by timbs001(m): 9:43am On Feb 20, 2020
CsRockefeller:

Not a good place to work then. When you go for a break your desk/duty should be empty. No one should cover for someone who went for a break because it's a lunch break and you are not expected to be on break and still be working.

Unless the time you went wasn't the approved time.

That kind place where you go for break and the desk is empty is proper office environment. This is more like a motor park where buses depart every now and then. To get lunch in that kind of condition go hard without having someone cover for you which is what he did. The place is not just the right place to work or management was looking for flimsy excuses to sack in order to downsize like OP rightly said.

3 Likes

Re: Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by Nobody: 9:49am On Feb 20, 2020
[quote author=LeoFish92 post=86786658]So, about a year and three months ago, I went for the Peace mass recruitment exercise. And I duly shared my experiences.

Link below:
https://www.nairaland.com/4793178/experience-peace-group-recruitment-exercise.

Well, I feel I should update the thread by adding that I've lost that job.

And quite recently so. Happened today!

Well, A little stroll down memory lane.

After that recruitment, which the company tagged: "Peace Executive Trainee", the Executive in the tag had we that were successful drooling with glee. We had lofty hopes of working in well-tiled, well-spaced, air-conditioned offices, as per the graduates we are.

Well, reality hit us hard when employment letters were dished out and we found out that we were having pipe dreams.

We were all posted to the different Peace parks nationwide to serve as ticket sellers and bus loaders.

Yours sincerely swallowed pride, rolled up his sleeves, and started 'agbero work'.

Though we worked for 12-13 hours everyday, the 15 months I worked as a loader were very exciting, utterly absorbing, - and quite intriguing - I must add.

Then, I was still with my parents, so I saved a lot, but lateness to work made me have issues with my manager. I must be at work before 5.30am (I was robbed twice while on my way to work,so, to avoid those hoodlums, lateness was inevitable)

I knew I'd move out from my parents house at some point but I always wanted to have multiple streams of income before that.

Well, the manager of my single stream of income mandated I rent an apartment close to office or risk some punitive measures. I did, and luckily got an apartment.

A room self-con in Enugu city costs an arm and a leg, I spent half a million to rent and furnish it. (had to buy properties cos at 27, man ain't getting no younger)

That was virtually all I had in my account, and after 3 months of moving in, the company sacked me!

And it's even more painful cos, I know nothing about the crime. It's akin to a stray bullet hitting a crippled beggar.

So, here I am, with a beautifully-furnished apartment, not up to 100k in my account, and no job!

Well, I want to appreciate Peace mass transit for the time I had with them. I saw it all there in the park, all manner of people, in fact, I could write an exposé on that, that would be for another day.
With my experience there, there's no Public service job I can't handle.

Tomorrow, I'll wake up to a new reality. From being so busy to being so idle. I'm terrified! Inside life, in the voice of one weed-smoking naija rapper

What next from here? I don't even know. In fact, I'm already having symptoms of malaria. angry

Can you reach me on 07036193819 .thanks
Re: Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by Young03(m): 10:04am On Feb 20, 2020
Alitair:

Go to their Facebook page

Peace mass Transit
Re: Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by foolbuster: 12:07pm On Feb 20, 2020
LeoFish92:
So, about a year and three months ago, I went for the Peace mass recruitment exercise. And I duly shared my experiences.

Link below:
https://www.nairaland.com/4793178/experience-peace-group-recruitment-exercise.

Well, I feel I should update the thread by adding that I've lost that job.

And quite recently so. Happened today!

Well, A little stroll down memory lane.

After that recruitment, which the company tagged: "Peace Executive Trainee", the Executive in the tag had we that were successful drooling with glee. We had lofty hopes of working in well-tiled, well-spaced, air-conditioned offices, as per the graduates we are.

Well, reality hit us hard when employment letters were dished out and we found out that we were having pipe dreams.

We were all posted to the different Peace parks nationwide to serve as ticket sellers and bus loaders.

Yours sincerely swallowed pride, rolled up his sleeves, and started 'agbero work'.

Though we worked for 12-13 hours everyday, the 15 months I worked as a loader were very exciting, utterly absorbing, - and quite intriguing - I must add.

Then, I was still with my parents, so I saved a lot, but lateness to work made me have issues with my manager. I must be at work before 5.30am (I was robbed twice while on my way to work,so, to avoid those hoodlums, lateness was inevitable)

I knew I'd move out from my parents house at some point but I always wanted to have multiple streams of income before that.

Well, the manager of my single stream of income mandated I rent an apartment close to office or risk some punitive measures. I did, and luckily got an apartment.

A room self-con in Enugu city costs an arm and a leg, I spent half a million to rent and furnish it. (had to buy properties cos at 27, man ain't getting no younger)

That was virtually all I had in my account, and after 3 months of moving in, the company sacked me!

And it's even more painful cos, I know nothing about the crime. It's akin to a stray bullet hitting a crippled beggar.

So, here I am, with a beautifully-furnished apartment, not up to 100k in my account, and no job!

Well, I want to appreciate Peace mass transit for the time I had with them. I saw it all there in the park, all manner of people, in fact, I could write an exposé on that, that would be for another day.
With my experience there, there's no Public service job I can't handle.

Tomorrow, I'll wake up to a new reality. From being so busy to being so idle. I'm terrified! Inside life, in the voice of one weed-smoking naija rapper

What next from here? I don't even know. In fact, I'm already having symptoms of malaria. angry

CC: Lalasticlala

Cheer up brotherly. Stay positive las las you'll realize with glee that this had to happen so you can live your dream.
Re: Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by Nephilim: 1:10pm On Feb 20, 2020
LeoFish92:

As a loader, you'd go home daily with at least, 1500.

And for someone like me who neither drinks (I practice absolute teetotalism) nor a womanizer, saving was very easy for me.

Cc: Nephilim
unmhm now it's clearer
Re: Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by Nobody: 4:09pm On Feb 20, 2020
Alitair:

Lol, it’s a software developer opening
more so a senior software developer opening, and for those qualifications listed, a company like Andela would pay about 800k as basic.

But I’m sure wages in Enugu are generally lower

1 Like

Re: Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by Nobody: 4:11pm On Feb 20, 2020
Young03:

Go and re apply

Just like that?, did he tell you he’s a software dev?
Re: Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by Nobody: 4:22pm On Feb 20, 2020
LeoFish92:
So, about a year and three months ago, I went for the Peace mass recruitment exercise. And I duly shared my experiences.

CC: Lalasticlala

You’ll be fine in the end, you are a good writer, have proper diction, good behavioral and work ethics, and now more than a years worth of experience, surely you’ll be valuable to any employer, in fact you don’t realize how much your ability to effectively communicate is already a plus. two pluses rather

This is coming from someone who’s inept at communicating

Another thing that caught my attention is your ability to save, and you cited the fact that you don’t womanize or smoke as your primary reason

I don’t womanize or smoke either, but food and data mark attendance on my account every month
Re: Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by LeoFish92(m): 8:12pm On Feb 20, 2020
Ttrrffyyghuuh:

You’ll be fine in the end, you are a good writer, have proper diction, good behavioral and work ethics, and now more than a years worth of experience, surely you’ll be valuable to any employer, in fact you don’t realize how much your ability to effectively communicate is already a plus. two pluses rather

This is coming from someone who’s inept at communicating

Another thing that caught my attention is your ability to save, and you cited the fact that you don’t womanize or smoke as your primary reason

I don’t womanize or smoke either, but food and data mark attendance on my account every month

Thanks for the heartwarming words.

Lol at At the emboldened. My monthly feeding and data expenses sits at about 21k

How much is yours?
Re: Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by Nobody: 7:12am On Feb 21, 2020
LeoFish92:

Thanks for the heartwarming words.

Lol at At the emboldened. My monthly feeding and data expenses sits at about 21k

How much is yours?

about 35k, sometimes 40
Re: Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by LeoFish92(m): 2:53pm On Feb 21, 2020
Ttrrffyyghuuh:

about 35k, sometimes 40

Oh boy, that's someone's basic salary, na im you dey burn for food and data
Re: Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 10:49am On Mar 17, 2020
SUPERPACK:
Okay. I presume you are a graduate or at least good in English? If yes, quote me on another thread with your phone number.
My man chat me Want to ask you something about qa.

(1) (2) (Reply)

NSCDC To Recruit 10,000 Nigerians / Saipem Eni International Oil Company Recruiting Economics Graduates In Nigeria / Latest Recruitment At Ecowas Parliament, Abuja –7 Positions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.