Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,632 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job (3429 Views)

Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment / What I Did Yesterday After I Lost My Last N200 During Interview / How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by LeoFish92(m): 4:01pm On Feb 19, 2020
So, about a year and three months ago, I went for the Peace mass recruitment exercise. And I duly shared my experiences.

Link below:
https://www.nairaland.com/4793178/experience-peace-group-recruitment-exercise.

Well, I feel I should update the thread by adding that I've lost that job.

And quite recently so. Happened today!

Well, A little stroll down memory lane.

After that recruitment, which the company tagged: "Peace Executive Trainee", the Executive in the tag had we that were successful drooling with glee. We had lofty hopes of working in well-tiled, well-spaced, air-conditioned offices, as per the graduates we are.

Well, reality hit us hard when employment letters were dished out and we found out that we were having pipe dreams.

We were all posted to the different Peace parks nationwide to serve as ticket sellers and bus loaders.

Yours sincerely swallowed pride, rolled up his sleeves, and started 'agbero work'.

Though we worked for 12-13 hours everyday, the 15 months I worked as a loader were very exciting, utterly absorbing, - and quite intriguing - I must add.

Then, I was still with my parents, so I saved a lot, but lateness to work made me have issues with my manager. I must be at work before 5.30am (I was robbed twice while on my way to work,so, to avoid those hoodlums, lateness was inevitable)

I knew I'd move out from my parents house at some point but I always wanted to have multiple streams of income before that.

Well, the manager of my single stream of income mandated I rent an apartment close to office or risk some punitive measures. I did, and luckily got an apartment.

A room self-con in Enugu city costs an arm and a leg, I spent half a million to rent and furnish it. (had to buy properties cos at 27, man ain't getting no younger)

That was virtually all I had in my account, and after 3 months of moving in, the company sacked me!

And it's even more painful cos, I know nothing about the crime. It's akin to a stray bullet hitting a crippled beggar.

So, here I am, with a beautifully-furnished apartment, not up to 100k in my account, and no job!

Well, I want to appreciate Peace mass transit for the time I had with them. I saw it all there in the park, all manner of people, in fact, I could write an exposé on that, that would be for another day.
With my experience there, there's no Public service job I can't handle.

Tomorrow, I'll wake up to a new reality. From being so busy to being so idle. I'm terrified! Inside life, in the voice of one weed-smoking naija rapper

What next from here? I don't even know. In fact, I'm already having symptoms of malaria. angry

CC: Lalasticlala

13 Likes

Re: Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by Betakeshi: 4:03pm On Feb 19, 2020
It is well
Re: Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by Davash222(m): 4:08pm On Feb 19, 2020
Since you're already conversant with the 'Agbero' job(like you said), I'll advice you look for another park and continue your hustle. Peace Mass is not the only Park in Enugu.

3 Likes

Re: Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by ConcNiggress56(f): 4:12pm On Feb 19, 2020
I do like your writing skills.. Only a few young people can put together such creative piece..

The experience you've garnered over time and the fact that you're a born hustler should help you scale through..

I am sure you'd be fine..

Find me something Enugu'ans has in excess that Lagosians don't..
Let's do some business..

Or find someone who can give you a sienna or a bus on hire purchase with 100k deposit.. start off your own transport company and watch it grow..

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by Nephilim: 4:17pm On Feb 19, 2020
How much were they paying you there!
Re: Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by LeoFish92(m): 4:23pm On Feb 19, 2020
Nephilim:
How much were they paying you there!

Basic salary 29k, with 300 Naira daily feeding allowance, which, if untouched, is 9k per month.

5 Likes

Re: Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by LeoFish92(m): 4:24pm On Feb 19, 2020
ConcNiggress56:
I do like your writing skills.. Only a few young people can put together such creative piece..

The experience you've garnered over time and the fact that you're a born hustler should help you scale through..

Let's do some business..

Or find someone who can give you a sienna or a bus on hire purchase with 100k deposit.. start off your own transport company and watch it grow..

OK ma'am, I'll look around
Re: Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by Tomjazzy2: 4:45pm On Feb 19, 2020
OP, sorry for your loss. Hopefully, you'd get back up in no time.

What "crime" did you allege in your writeup? I'm curious to know.
Re: Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by EfonAlaaye2023(m): 4:55pm On Feb 19, 2020
sorry bro, you shall pick up back soon my wishes

I endorsed ConcNiggress56 post. everything will be fine
Re: Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by LeoFish92(m): 4:56pm On Feb 19, 2020
Tomjazzy2:
OP, sorry for your loss. Hopefully, you'd get back up in no time.

What "crime" did you allege in your writeup? I'm curious to know.

I was at 'gate duty'... With the task to pen down the bus number, destination, and number of passengers of every departing bus. I'd gone to get lunch(told a colleague to cover for me) when a driver connived with a ticket seller to load a bus and share the money between themselves.

The colleague in his nonchalance, didn't properly check that particular bus. Or the driver sped past the gate... Conflicting reports from eye-witnesses

Well, the fraud was unearthed, the dubious ticket seller ran away, the driver was fined, while I was sacked for aiding and abetting.

All my explanation fell on deaf ears, so I had to accept my fate.

Well, it seems as if the company is downsizing. 3 others were fired for equally flimsy excuses last month. In fact, you such much as sneeze without exclaiming ''bless you''! You'll be fired!

6 Likes

Re: Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by Asquare84(m): 4:59pm On Feb 19, 2020
LeoFish92:

Basic salary 29k, with 300 Naira daily feeding allowance, which, if untouched, is 9k per month.

How possible for you to save half a million that you use to furnish the rented apartment, are you not sure there is code runs at the background

4 Likes

Re: Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by LeoFish92(m): 5:03pm On Feb 19, 2020
Asquare84:

How possible for you to save half a million that you use to furnish the rented apartment, are you not sure there is code runs at the background

As a loader, you'd go home daily with at least, 1500.

And for someone like me who neither drinks (I practice absolute teetotalism) nor a womanizer, saving was very easy for me.

Cc: Nephilim

8 Likes

Re: Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by Tomjazzy2: 5:07pm On Feb 19, 2020
LeoFish92:

I was at 'gate duty'... With the task to pen down the bus number, destination, and number of passengers of every departing bus. I'd gone to get lunch(told a colleague to cover for me) when a driver connived with a ticket seller to load a bus and share the money between themselves.

The colleague in his nonchalance, didn't properly check that particular bus.

Well, the fraud was unearthed, the dubious ticket seller ran away, the driver was fined, while I was sacked for aiding and abetting.

All my explanation fell on deaf ears, so I had to accept my fate.

Well, I noticed the company is downsizing. 3 others were fired for equally flimsy excuses last month. In fact, you such much as sneeze without exclaiming ''bless you''! You'll be fired!

That's a terrible experience!

I'd agree on the point you made about downsizing. I mean, they only fined the "chief culprit".

Anyways, better days ahead.

1 Like

Re: Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by SOFTDRINK: 5:40pm On Feb 19, 2020
Tomjazzy2:

That's a terrible experience!

I'd agree on the point you made about downsizing. I mean, they only fined the "chief culprit".

Anyways, better days ahead.

@ the bolded, I think because he has a Skill and wealth of experience , so they can forgive his sins.

OP, I will advise you to get a good skill and watch yourself get back to getting a job that your boss will be scared of losing you.

1 Like

Re: Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by SUPERPACK: 6:19pm On Feb 19, 2020
LeoFish92:
So, about a year and three months ago, I went for the Peace mass recruitment exercise. And I duly shared my experiences.

Link below:

After that recruitment, which the company tagged: "Peace Executive Trainee", the Executive in the tag had we that were successful drooling with glee. We had lofty hopes of working in well-tiled, well-spaced, air-conditioned offices, as per the graduates we are.

Well, reality hit us hard when employment letters were dished out and we found out that we were having pipe dreams.

We were all posted to the different Peace parks nationwide to serve as ticket sellers and bus loaders.

Yours sincerely swallowed pride, rolled up his sleeves, and started 'agbero work'.

Though we worked for 12-13 hours everyday, the 15 months I worked as a loader were very exciting, utterly absorbing, - and quite intriguing - I must add.

Then, I was still with my parents, so I saved a lot, but lateness to work made me have issues with my manager. I must be at work before 5.30am (I was robbed twice while on my way to work,so, to avoid those hoodlums, lateness was inevitable)

I knew I'd move out from my parents house at some point but I always wanted to have multiple streams of income before that.

Well, the manager of my single stream of income mandated I rent an apartment close to office or risk some punitive measures. I did, and luckily got an apartment.

A room self-con in Enugu city costs an arm and a leg, I spent half a million to rent and furnish it. (had to buy properties cos at 27, man ain't getting no younger)

That was virtually all I had in my account, and after 3 months of moving in, the company sacked me!

And it's even more painful cos, I know nothing about the crime. It's akin to a stray bullet hitting a crippled beggar.

So, here I am, with a beautifully-furnished apartment, not up to 100k in my account, and no job!

Well, I want to appreciate Peace mass transit for the time I had with them. I saw it all there in the park, all manner of people, in fact, I could write an exposé on that, that would be for another day.

Tomorrow, I'll wake up to a new reality. From being so busy to being so idle. I'm terrified! Inside life, in the voice of one weed-smoking naija rapper

What next from here? I don't even know. In fact, I'm already having symptoms of malaria. angry

Do you have access to a Tablet or Laptop? Can you work from home as a transcriptionist?
Re: Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by LeoFish92(m): 6:22pm On Feb 19, 2020
SUPERPACK:
Do you have access to a Tablet or Laptop? Can you work from home as a transcriptionist?

Yes sir.

I have both!
Re: Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by SUPERPACK: 6:25pm On Feb 19, 2020
LeoFish92:

Yes sir.

I have both!
Okay. I presume you are a graduate or at least good in English? If yes, quote me on another thread with your phone number.
Re: Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by crackhouse(m): 7:31pm On Feb 19, 2020
Sorry u don't have a job in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by LeoFish92(m): 7:44pm On Feb 19, 2020
crackhouse:
Sorry u don't have a job in the first place.

Lol, that's exactly what my elder brother would always say
Re: Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by YorubaLord: 8:31pm On Feb 19, 2020
Re: Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by FlyingTOMATOE: 8:33pm On Feb 19, 2020
SUPERPACK:
I hope you also explain to him how much data subscription he will need to burn to make 0.20$

2 Likes

Re: Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by Nephilim: 8:36pm On Feb 19, 2020
LeoFish92:

how were you then able to secure almost half a million to rent and fix apartment?
Re: Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by AgentGoat: 10:32pm On Feb 19, 2020
Nephilim:
how were you then able to secure almost half a million to rent and fix apartment?
It will be hard to explain.

Leave matter bros.

I pray you get better job.
Re: Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by LeoFish92(m): 11:14pm On Feb 19, 2020
AgentGoat:
It will be hard to explain.

Leave matter bros.

I pray you get better job.

There's nothing hard to explain there.

Aside from my salary and feeding money, I go home daily with at least 1500, sometimes 2k or thereabout. When you save those, it amounts to something on the long run
Re: Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by Bynz: 11:17pm On Feb 19, 2020
Hmm
Re: Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by Villagemeat: 11:21pm On Feb 19, 2020
Good experience.....,are you a registered agboro,you can try Oshodi in Lagos.
Re: Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by CsRockefeller(m): 11:35pm On Feb 19, 2020
LeoFish92:

There's nothing hard to explain there.

Aside from my salary and feeding money, I go home daily with at least 1500, sometimes 2k or thereabout. When you save those, it amounts to something in the long run

You were making close to 80k monthly by my calculation and you threw it away just like that?!!

Don't you know that it's insurbordination to tell a colleague to stand in for you without prior management notice or informing a direct senior supervisor?

Getting that type of a job is very rare Bros. But, the good news is that, it's not the end of the world.

Dust yourself up and fight on.

1 Like

Re: Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by Centrallock: 12:22am On Feb 20, 2020
LeoFish92:

Link below:

500k kee
No be this enugu or another enugu. Okay which part of enugu you staying?
Re: Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by Nobody: 6:39am On Feb 20, 2020
Nigeria is the problem end Nigeria and save lives join hands
Re: Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by LeoFish92(m): 6:49am On Feb 20, 2020
Centrallock:
500k kee
No be this enugu or another enugu. Okay which part of enugu you staying?

Rent with lawyer and agent 200k

Furnishing and buying of properties.. 300k+
Re: Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by johndwayy(m): 6:54am On Feb 20, 2020
Hello, can we talk? Purely business.
Email - johndaveyy@gmail.com
ConcNiggress56:

Let's do some business..

Re: Thread Update: How I Lost My Peace Mass Transit Job by LeoFish92(m): 6:55am On Feb 20, 2020
CsRockefeller:

You were making close to 80k monthly by my calculation and you threw it away just like that?!!

Don't you know that it's insurbordination to tell a colleague to stand in for you without prior management notice or informing a direct senior supervisor?

Getting that type of a job is very rare Bros. But, the good news is that, it's not the end of the world.

Dust yourself up and fight on.

At the emboldened, here it is insubordination when you take a day off or half a day off without informing the management.

But for something as flimsy as to go get lunch? Which wouldn't take more than 5mins..

And you walk up to managers office, to tell him? The manager will think you are daft.

I didn't want to involve the colleague who covered for me cos he'd be sacked too. And his condition would be worse than mine, he has wife and children.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Latest Job updates / Etb Pls Read This / Russelsmith Entry Level Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.