Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Vincent Danture Is Dead: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Mourns Channels TV Reporter - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vincent Danture Is Dead: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Mourns Channels TV Reporter (97183 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan's Sister Obebhatein Dead: Governor Diri Pays Condolence Visit / Azubuike Ekwegbalu Is Dead: Governor Obiano's Aide Killed By Unknown Men (Photo) / Babagana Wakil Is Dead! Governor Zulum's Chief Of Staff Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vincent Danture Is Dead: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Mourns Channels TV Reporter by thebigkendo(m): 8:52am On Feb 20, 2020
DelTel:

I am sure it would have depending on the extension/clauses on the Group Life cover.

However, I think you mixing up Insurance with/for HMO from your statement above. Did you buy HMO or Insurance cover?

Both are distinct and different: HMO covers normal sickness like malaria, typhoid, and has surgery limit depending on the cover purchased abinito.

On the other hand, Insurance's Critical Illness policy covers critical/terminal/chronic (some incurable but manageable) illnesses like cancer, stroke, heart attack and kidney disease.

Meanwhile, some HMOs do have agreement/affiliation with BUPA to cover some of these critical illness as well.

Unfortunately, most Nigerians don't read/listen to understand especially when payment is involved. We had rather wait for govt to do everything.

The group life insurance I know of & which is required by pencom is "death in service" insurance & not a health cover..
Critical illness cover is very optional & at the discretion of the employer.. I doubt if a channels TV or regular Nigerian company will want to incure such extra cost.. Maybe Shell & Chevron grin grin

So my point is I don't see where "group life insurance policy" & pencom comes into play with respect to prevention of Mr Vincent's death..

Re: Vincent Danture Is Dead: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Mourns Channels TV Reporter by DelTel(m): 9:29am On Feb 20, 2020
thebigkendo:

The group life insurance I know of & which is required by pencom is "death in service" insurance & not a health cover..
Critical illness cover is very optional & at the discretion of the employer.. I doubt if a channels TV or regular Nigerian company will want to incure such extra cost.. Maybe Shell & Chevron grin grin

So my point is I don't see where "group life insurance policy" & pencom comes into play with respect to prevention of Mr Vincent's death..

Let me quote my first point again: "A Group Life Insurance policy in compliance to the Pension Reform Act 2014 (amended) with/without Critical Illness extension depending on the assurer, could have come in to pay for the surgery and possibly safe his life."

The assurer is very key, reason any one buying insurance or any other product/service should ensure he/she is talking to the right people.

You are absolutely correct about Group Life is a "death in service" insurance, I would like to tell you that is the minimum expectation by law; insurance policies can be enhanced with/without additional payment.

For instance, the minimum requirement for motor vehicle is Third Party, but some insurers do have the enhanced Third Party motor vehicle insurance.

Thank you for the engagement.
Re: Vincent Danture Is Dead: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Mourns Channels TV Reporter by Natifa(f): 10:13am On Feb 20, 2020
my mentor since children church. rest on uncle V. i don't want to imagine how mummy Emily is feeling right now. you were her sunshine and only hope you know. and for her to watch you die while she leaves on is quite devastating. i doubt her wearied soul will last around here much longer now that she has lost you too. sorry i didn't make it to journalism though, i ended up in linguistics but you have always been my motivation. yours was a life well spent even if it was cut short. i believe your work here is done that is why you had to go. our prayers will always be with your wife and kids. rest on Bro Vincent, till we meet to part no more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vincent Danture Is Dead: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Mourns Channels TV Reporter by Nobody: 2:14pm On Feb 20, 2020
Rest in peace
Re: Vincent Danture Is Dead: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Mourns Channels TV Reporter by thebigkendo(m): 4:08pm On Feb 20, 2020
DelTel:

Let me quote my first point again: "A Group Life Insurance policy in compliance to the Pension Reform Act 2014 (amended) with/without Critical Illness extension depending on the assurer, could have come in to pay for the surgery and possibly safe his life."

The assurer is very key, reason any one buying insurance or any other product/service should ensure he/she is talking to the right people.

You are absolutely correct about Group Life is a "death in service" insurance, I would like to tell you that is the minimum expectation by law; insurance policies can be enhanced with/without additional payment.

For instance, the minimum requirement for motor vehicle is Third Party, but some insurers do have the enhanced Third Party motor vehicle insurance.

Thank you for the engagement.

Quite Interesting engagement.. So after taking my "critical illness" payment while critically ill & i refuse to die.. What next.. Since the insurance is yearly, can i claim another "critical illness" cashout next year? I am asking for a friend grin grin grin
Re: Vincent Danture Is Dead: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Mourns Channels TV Reporter by Qualityhealth: 4:53pm On Feb 20, 2020
[size=20pt]GOD Almighty will continue to give the family left behind the fortitude to bear the great loss......................This information will be very useful.....for those who are suffering from all forms of terminal ailments INCLUDING CANCER .In recent years, Nigeria has been plagued by increasing cases of people afflicted with cancer. It is a terminal disease that kills people in large numbers, while many are still battling for survival. The most common in Nigeria for women are breast cancer, cervix cancer, ovarian cancer, and colorectal cancer, while prostate cancer, liver cancer and colorectal cancer are some of the most common cases in men.
The Nation Friday February 1, 2019 page 29 Hope rises for Cancer Patients. WhatsApp +2348064795335 There is hope..............These products from Canada...Have a look at Sixty Eight (68) pages of various testimonies mostly Nigerian and their phone numbers who had various terminal health challenges before click the link bellow. Some of testimonies of Nigeria Medical Doctors and Pharmacists who also testify! Including Medical Doctors from Military Hospital have a look at pages 17 to 33. Visit the link below Please, copy to browser For more information  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByZ2hSToNNZ-ZXhTU3hySThUQlE/view   or shorten form /xM6Olk [/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vincent Danture Is Dead: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Mourns Channels TV Reporter by DelTel(m): 6:14pm On Feb 20, 2020
thebigkendo:

Quite Interesting engagement.. So after taking my "critical illness" payment while critically ill & i refuse to die.. What next.. Since the insurance is yearly, can i claim another "critical illness" cashout next year? I am asking for a friend grin grin grin

Permit me to quote myself again: On the other hand, Insurance's Critical Illness policy covers critical/terminal/chronic (some incurable but manageable) illnesses like cancer, stroke, heart attack and kidney disease.

With the little knowledge I have, 99.9% of people with any critical illness never get to recover to go back to normal life especially paid employment; the employer often excuse them from work to go take care of themselves thus ultimately leaving the job.

Best for 'your friend' to live and enjoy his pension via Programmed Withdrawal or Annuity (and other savings and investment), instead of dying from a critical illness and dependants enjoy his Group Life funds (would be more painful if the beneficiary squander the money).

To directly answer your friend's question: Yes, he/she can be added to (another) Group Life scheme if he/she makes full recovery to get back to work at the same company or another company. The evidence of full recovery will be needed and confirmed by a medical test with cost borne by insurance company.

A quick example to buttress the point above is the case of a retiree who has left employment and on PW or Annuity getting another job and starting a new RSA (retirement savings account) afresh.

Thank you.
Re: Vincent Danture Is Dead: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Mourns Channels TV Reporter by thebigkendo(m): 6:28pm On Feb 20, 2020
DelTel:

Permit me to quote myself again: On the other hand, Insurance's Critical Illness policy covers critical/terminal/chronic (some incurable but manageable) illnesses like cancer, stroke, heart attack and kidney disease.

With the little knowledge I have, 99.9% of people with any critical illness never get to recover to go back to normal life especially paid employment; the employer often excuse them from work to go take care of themselves thus ultimately leaving the job.

Best for 'your friend' to live and enjoy his pension via Programmed Withdrawal or Annuity (and other savings and investment), instead of dying from a critical illness and dependants enjoy his Group Life funds (would be more painful if the beneficiary squander the money).

To directly answer your friend's question: Yes, he/she can be added to (another) Group Life scheme if he/she makes full recovery to get back to work at the same company or another company. The evidence of full recovery will be needed and confirmed by a medical test with cost borne by insurance company.

A quick example to buttress the point above is the case of a retiree who has left employment and on PW or Annuity getting another job and starting a new RSA (retirement savings account) afresh.

Thank you.

If you noticed, i picked the word "critical" and not "terminal", but i think "chronic" should have been the better word... tongue tongue

Thanks for the insightful engagement & have a great day
Re: Vincent Danture Is Dead: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Mourns Channels TV Reporter by mastermaestro(m): 10:51pm On Mar 02, 2020
Mummymahdi:
Hmm mine is coming slowly. Valvular desease of d heart not easy and expensive above poor person reach.

Rest in peace to d death. Its time we awaits

How is your health now? I hope you are getting better.
Re: Vincent Danture Is Dead: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Mourns Channels TV Reporter by Mummymahdi(f): 4:10am On Mar 03, 2020
mastermaestro:

How is your health now? I hope you are getting better.

Yes, there s improvement
Thanks for asking , am really greatful

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu in Court Today / Jewish Worshippers Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parents' Burial Detained By Soldiers / Sanusi Lamido And His Wife, Sadiya Ado Bayero (Throwback Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.