Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens (35192 Views)

FG Mulls Single Salary Scale For Federal Civil Service MDAs / FG Mulls New Tax On Coke, Bigi, Other Soft Drinks / Obasanjo Warns Against Handover Of Nigeria To Thieves, Hooligans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by adamx23(m): 5:24pm On Feb 20, 2020
FarahAideed:

The same state govts that have not been able to provide common pipeborne water for their states ? Are you aware that no state in Nigeria has potable pipe borne water supply to it's citizens ? Abi is water supply also in the exclusive list? With greedy men like Tinubu running DISCOs don't expect anything useful please , those men are born cheats and their joy comes from cheating others , such a person cannot solve problem s
Dude get outta my head!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by NaijaOlosho(f): 5:41pm On Feb 20, 2020
sad

Dem swear failure for this country??

Why mull it na?

2 Likes

Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by EkunKekere: 5:42pm On Feb 20, 2020
Siemens will come with a typically efficient German work model and the impact will be felt. All the useless aboki led discos can fvck off and leave distribution in more competent hands.

12 Likes

Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by edwardjoseph: 5:44pm On Feb 20, 2020
Na wa o..
This fg sef
Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by staga: 5:44pm On Feb 20, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:
The issues arising

1. Siemens is not going to come in and charge bills below the production price , so bills go up. Siemens is also not coming to invest in Nigeria sans profit.

2. Discos will expect to be compensated for being forced out of the business for Siemens.

3. Expect higher bills, but improvement in power supply

Siemens gave Egypt 15,000 MW in 3 years. In Ghana, cost of electricity is nearly 4 times what we pay here, but it is steady and constant so you can plan, do your business and do stuff.

This is a major be that should have been done years back. But prepare for strike actions from the NUEE.

10 Likes

Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by Nobody: 5:46pm On Feb 20, 2020
valarmorghulis:

I'll chose Siemens 1000 times because our own discos ain't serious
the Discos are not the problem but government. they will still collect bribe from Siemens

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by Nickshrapnel: 5:46pm On Feb 20, 2020
I’ve said this before and I’m gonna repeat, improve power supply and many Nigerians would be lifted out of poverty

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by JubrinElSudan: 5:48pm On Feb 20, 2020
FarahAideed:

Which higher bills , are we not spending more on power already ?

Do you know that the current thieving DISCOs charge most Nigerians for darkness intead of light ? Do you know Nigerians spend a fortune paying to run generators a day , I spend 100 times more on Generators than I spend of recharging my prepaid meter every year , if I could channel just half of what I spend on Feb to Siemens and they guarantee me 24 hours electricity then I will be fine
Siemens distributing no means say light go steady. Generation and transmission still get their own wahala.
Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by LagosEconomist: 5:50pm On Feb 20, 2020
The thieves in Government are trying to make a comeback since all the money they are stealing from oil, forex & (police equipment) procurement is not enough.

By their own shoddy numbers, most of the loss occurs in the transmission.

Let the FG hand over the transmission to Siemens if they want.

The focus should shift to localised generation and distribution. Stop this madness of dragging most of the country down to 'equalise' everything.

4 Likes

Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by Nickshrapnel: 5:50pm On Feb 20, 2020
JubrinElSudan:
Siemens distributing no means say light go steady. Generation and transmission still get their own wahala.
Should the proposal be approved, Siemens will fully take charge of power generation, transmission and distribution.
Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by Nobody: 5:52pm On Feb 20, 2020
princemillla:
:-

It's better to be overcharged for what's always available than paying huge bills already for wats not on ground
Shea you know we need about 180,000 megawatts of electricity to provide for the whole of Nigeria?and all we have now is between 7000 to 13000.

South Africa generate 51,309 megawatts .
Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by Smooyis(m): 5:52pm On Feb 20, 2020
Flyingngel:
Instead of them to remove power from exclusive list to concurrent list so that state government can generate and distribute their power, if they have excess they sell to the neighboring state.
Don't mind them. They seem to be very daft shocked shocked shocked
Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by gassbee: 5:52pm On Feb 20, 2020
Once u fit guarantee light, nigerians go pay, no shaking
Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by ZAWs: 5:52pm On Feb 20, 2020
PHCN said I'm owing about 500k for my house alone.
And I ask them how much is a Mikano Generator'

500k for Light that I haven't seen in awhile.

I dont think Nigerians would have any problems with Stable power but higher charges.

6 Likes

Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by Nickshrapnel: 5:52pm On Feb 20, 2020
Most Nigerian artisan earn less because more money is being used to fuel their power generator, improved power supply would prevent that

1 Like

Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by Nobody: 5:54pm On Feb 20, 2020
joyandfaith:
it should be done asap. germany should manage our power sector. uk-education. us-army. france-health sector. transpotation -japan. civil service-canada. judiciary- holand. ecomony-swiss. police-israel
and what will you do as a Nigerian? those countries have two head humans?

1 Like

Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by EdiskyHarry: 5:54pm On Feb 20, 2020
Flyingngel:
Instead of them to remove power from exclusive list to concurrent list so that state government can generate and distribute their power, if they have excess they sell to the neighboring state.
you are making sense, but the northerners will never accept this, they know what they are benefiting from it.

1 Like

Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by Adgideon(m): 5:55pm On Feb 20, 2020
A very good move, but at the same time jobs will b lost and jobs will b retained , I know those with selfish interest will not allow it to work, may b an end will come to unnecessary billing. Oga PMB do this make I clap 4 u

1 Like

Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by erico2k2(m): 5:56pm On Feb 20, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:
The issues arising

1. Siemens is not going to come in and charge bills below the production price , so bills go up. Siemens is also not coming to invest in Nigeria sans profit.

2. Discos will expect to be compensated for being forced out of the business for Siemens.

Number one is wrong, they will invest, the DISCOs in Germany invested in GENCOs. cos if everyone has a prepaid Metre, DISCOs will need to get profit somehow.

2 Likes

Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by Omoteyi(m): 5:56pm On Feb 20, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:
The issues arising

It will be good if the consumers pay higher
and there's justification for what they are
paying for after all it will also put an end
to generator hazard and light will be available as needed.
This will improve a lot of things if they will allow the system to work.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by Nobody: 5:57pm On Feb 20, 2020
EkunKekere:
Siemens will come with a typically efficient German work model and the impact will be felt. All the useless aboki led discos can fvck off and leave distribution in more competent hands.
. with the little electricity you are generating?
Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by boladale123: 5:57pm On Feb 20, 2020
Flyingngel:

If you government Nigeria, you will change many perceived unchangeable.
Nice talk.
Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by erico2k2(m): 5:58pm On Feb 20, 2020
staga:

Siemens gave Egypt 15,000 MW in 3 years. In Ghana, cost of electricity is nearly 4 times what we pay here, but it is steady and constant so you can plan, do your business and do stuff.

This is a major be that should have been done years back. But prepare for strike actions from the NUEE.
This was what I tried to say as they will invest in Power generation!

1 Like

Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by Buffalo2(m): 6:00pm On Feb 20, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:

I'll do the same.

The problem is, are Nigerians ready to pay Siemens prices?
Once the power is stable and reliable people will pay
Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by voltron14: 6:00pm On Feb 20, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:

It is because discos are not being paid by most Nigerians that they put pressure on those of us that do pay, and that they don't have the cash to make the needed improvements.

We need something like 40000mw before we can see power 24/7 across the country. And it costs money. That's why power was privatised in the first place

Don't tell me you are suggesting we continue with the old method.

angry

1 Like

Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by Queenlovely(f): 6:01pm On Feb 20, 2020
They would sabotage the effort of Siemens
Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by JubrinElSudan: 6:01pm On Feb 20, 2020
[quote author=Nickshrapnel post=86816826][/quote] my bad. I didn't read the article, I replied based on the headline that mentioned only discos.
Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by BigBashiru: 6:02pm On Feb 20, 2020
FarahAideed:
That's what should have been done since. Give lagos and and Abuja to Seimens and the give Portharcourt and Kano and Onitsha to SGC of China and watch the game change

Very well said! Could not have said it better.

2 Likes

Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by SocialJustice: 6:02pm On Feb 20, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:

I'll do the same.

The problem is, are Nigerians ready to pay Siemens prices?
We will pay, worst case scenario, people will learn to switch off lights and electronics when not needed. People will become very power consumption conscious. So if what you can afford is N5k monthly, you live your life according to N5k. No running of AC indiscriminately.

It is a whole lot more comfortable than this generator/NEPA/solar mess the Nigerian finds himself in.

I know association of DisCos, GenCos and transmission will soon start lobbying with sacks of money to kill this effort.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:02pm On Feb 20, 2020
Will Kyari agree? sad
Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by EricksonDick: 6:02pm On Feb 20, 2020
[s]
voltron14:

Don't tell me you are suggesting we continue with the old method.

angry
[/s]
Re: FG Mulls Handover Of Power Distribution To Siemens by voltron14: 6:04pm On Feb 20, 2020
EkunKekere:

You made a lot of sense until you used the bigoted term Aboki led.

How many discos are being run by Abokis?

Can you name them?

Who handed the discos over and how was Aboki able to swing it?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2023: Kwankwaso to meet Wike today in Port Harcourt / Photos Of Guests At Halimat Babangida's Wedding / El-Rufai Attacks Governors Over Strike, NGF Mulls ₦380/Litre Fuel Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.