Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Mission Black Cat By Writer X - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mission Black Cat By Writer X (964 Views)

Fact About The International Writers Association, Objectives, Mission And Vision / THE IN-TWINES MISSION 1 (chapter 1) / The In-twines Mission Prologue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mission Black Cat By Writer X by WriterX(m): 9:05am On Feb 20, 2020
GENRE
ACTION
SCI-FI
THRILLER

ADVENTURE

SYNOPSIS :

A THREE DAY MISSION TRANSPORTING ONE OF NIGERIA'S GREATEST
ARMED ROBBER AND KIDNAP KINGPIN BETWEEN TWO STATES TURNS
OUT TO BE THE WORST DAY TO START A JOB FOR NEWLY PROMOTED
AGENT AJAIYE JOHNSON .
WHILST A GIFTED MARTIAL ARTIST AND AN IMPECCABLE BODY LANGUAGE ANALYST ,HIS SKILLS ARE ABOUT TO BE PUT TO A THREE DAY TRIP TO HELL .

excepts :

"When did the army start mounting road blocks in the middle of
nowhere? "
"idiot, those are not the army , those are men in army uniforms!? "

Re: Mission Black Cat By Writer X by WriterX(m): 11:34am On Feb 20, 2020
CHAPTER ONE: RECRUITS

"Is this your first !?" a taller figure sitting directly opposite me finally broke the 30 minute silence that had had me by the throat .

We all looked like models applying for a banker job but sitting right in the newly commissioned security agency THE NIGERIA SECURITY AGENCY FOR TRANSPORTATION AND DISPLACEMENT OF HIGH PROFILED TARGETS TADOPT .

Before this I had been in active service in the military, six years and then I had a bullet after me and my squad members were ambushed coming back from a reconnaissance mission, we had little gear and little ammunition, I survived the massacre , a bullet to the hips and three more lodged in my chest , the bandits wanted to make sure we were all sea putting a bullet into each lifeless body but the army came just two bodies from mine .

I was done serving for real , reports had me that I wouldn't be able to walk again but I came through and at twenty seven I still had something to offer , honestly I would have taken a bank security job but then ,a general who I had worked under passed my papers once I told them I still had something out there to give.

My name is Ajaiye Damola Johnson and today , my fifth interview in a series of interviews which cut the number of applicants from 250 to 15 men and luckily I was still an applicant and if I was lucky I would be one out of two on Field agents who do the dirty jobs of transporting high criminal targets or hits ,you see TADOPT's sole responsibility is mainly transportation of two sets of people , targets marked people who were highly sort out for by criminal elements say witness who testify in high profile cases or hits the so called baddies , the guys who ran the underworld , we are talking about the worst of the worst kinds ,drug Lords ,kingpin's, terrorists name it .

"yes it is my first " I tried to put up a smile , I could read his body language , his heart rate was racing through the ceiling , his hands moved every now and then pacing as much as his eye lids were , saying he was nervous was an under statement , some how his eyes communicated another message, one I couldn't understand yet perhaps I was thinking things hard I mean the sixth applicant just came out of the hot room with eyes red just like the others.

I could tell none had it funny, you see my mother was born blind whilst she didn't give birth to a blind kid I always believed she gave me a gift , heightened sense I guess.
I can tell lies from true just by listening ,I can tell heart rates from each other, I can see emotions just by looking at faces , i can read even the most complicated body expressions you can think of , i also can differentiate and track practically anything from just a scent ,you can say I would give any tracking dog a race for its pay its a gift that has kept me alive and each day I thank God for this gift.

"applicant number 234 please come in"

A female voice came through the intercom stationed on the wall , her voice expressed a level of desperation and fatigue .
I stood up and gave the best smile I could having aced my other interviews, this should be an okay one I told myself.
Then again I heard that odd heart beat from the fellow , it was disturbing yet I had to wave it off.

to be continued...
Re: Mission Black Cat By Writer X by michael123pelemo(m): 5:37pm On Feb 20, 2020
Ardent follower here...update on time
Re: Mission Black Cat By Writer X by WriterX(m): 9:32am On Feb 21, 2020
My appointment letter came with my gear and combat suit , the smell was the selling point i was taking about US military grade A combat weapon and gears from assault rifle HK 416 little to no recoil ,portable and deadly ,fire power just rivalled any thing I had ever come across in the army to the desert eagle 50 and the fully body armor delivered with full head gear and mask equipped with night vision lens .

Well I bet this was my second surprise from the fact that my interview two weeks ago had me sitting right in front of white military personnel, I had the fact that I was out of active services for a long time a major talking point even when I aced the physiques test , each was a military genius based on one sector , intelligence, combat , tactics and transportation no wonder I left the intense 2 hour interview feeling I had gone through hell .

my gear were custom made and designed for an active field duties officer but to the world and every other military organization in the country we were nothing more than ghost workers working for a convert security agency directly under the strict supervision of an elite few generals comprising of foreign heads who report directly to the president ,yes the damn head of state.

Pay rivals with that of a military commander so I had no issue with that when I signed my contracts oh and yes we weren't permanently employed for reasons unknown our employment status was bent on a six month review so if in the next six month I was to Bleep up a mission or break one out of the 1,500 codes of conduct and rules of engagement for each field operator it was bye bye and never see you again.

It was damn strict but it was OK, my adrenaline was high up on the 10th floor you can say , I resumed work the next day my combat gears fully placed in. a special case I could move around ,you weren't expecting me all geared up for war ,were you?

I reached for our commander's office Lieutenant Whitefield which I had directed to see by chief secretary , a US gun for hire mercenary who had pledged loyalty of my country for some some well good dough , he had welcomed me into the interview with at least over fifteen questions on military tactics and maneuvers something I excelled so yeah I did impress the fella.

"sergeant Johnson " he said with a dull smile up his cheek as I saluted , my nose caught the smell of nicotine , his heart beat which was healthy for a man I believed was around 50 ,the smell of damp and cold air .

"sir!" I said with a smile.

"sit down and wait for commander Hassan !" he said offering me one out of the two vacant seats in front of him.

We sat and for the next fifteen minutes we talked,cheered anf reminisced about war stories turns out the old chap was a war hero before he had lost his left ear in a combat operation , the army ket him go and he went international serving as a body guard, mercenary and military instructor and tactical off field instructor .

"do you know what i like about your country and why i stayed?!" he asked , i could sense the spike in his andrenaline as he asked .

"is there something to like in this shit hole ?!" i asked.

"oh no it s definitely not a shit hole , trust me i have been on active field operations in 12 different countries around the world i can tell you that your country is not that ugly , its beautiful and the average man isnt all that bad , i stayed because your country has the most resilient and hardworking people ,people who believe theres always a tomorrow , who enjoy life and enjoy good company you know and i like that alot"

he said ,his heart beat wa calm and rythmic as he spoke on ,something that supported the fact he was telling the truth or atleast he believed he was telling the truth.

to be continued.
Re: Mission Black Cat By Writer X by WriterX(m): 9:50am On Feb 21, 2020
We were still talking when. my senses picked up another hear beat within reach just thrn the soft knock came on the door.

Lieutenant Djoro hassan stood before us , bulky black and muscles so ripped i wondered about the safety of his uniform , he was seasoned military personel turned DSS agent and now TaDOPT agent , my on field commander as i was later Introduced to by whitefield together both were responsible for the operations regarding the entire on missions, whitefield coordinated a special group of selected personels who i am sure did go through the hell i went through their duties revolved from providing on field intelligence , aerial surveillance and geographical intelligence , tactical guardlines and analysis and more ,the white collar he called them , i still hadng known why i sat before my superiors until whitefield dropped the bomb.

to be continued..
Re: Mission Black Cat By Writer X by WriterX(m): 12:07pm On Feb 21, 2020
"i know you must be wondering why we called you ,the thing is this two weeks ago after we had reviewed our successful applicants across all sectors in the agency , we came to find out about some corruption scandal involving five police commissioners , a senator and a military general whilst this is not a concern for us , it turns out during interrogation , one of the commissioners spilled information about TADOPT ,this very organization and that is a big problem , if you recall no one is supposed to know you work for this agency nor suspect this agency is nothing more than a waste of building for security intelligence only and this idea is something onky governors and elite military personel should know about , for a police commissioner to know such we knew we had a mole , a leak in the organization and so we began to search and scrutinize the top officials of this organization and thay includes the president himself who came clean as did us all so we knew someone from the new boys was or could be selling active information out " whitefiled said .

he was indeed telling me the truth, i could see it .

"sir , if you think so...why call me i mean i could be the exact mole and now i know about this i could know your next move "

i said .

"It turns out wr had began scrutinizing your guys and currently you came out clean actually spotless clean so we know it couldnt be you but now wd will let you know why you are here , lieutenant hassan please brief the agent on MISSION BLACK CAT " whitefield concluded.

" two days ago , a sting operation in the northern borders of kano , got the military men coming under fire from what they thought were herdsmen coming into the country , two hours of intensive gun Battles got our men capturing NASIR EL ABDUL aka BLACK CAT , they didnt know who they had caught and once they returned to base , the information came in ,BLACK CAT STANDS as the most wanted kidnapper crime boss and the ring leader of one of the most wanted human trafficking syndicate across africa ,europe and asia and yes he is a nigeria , ever read about the 389 illegal immigrants found shot to dead upon a cargo ship up in italy a month ago?"

he asked me ,of course i had had heard about, it was said to be a horror show , decapitated , headless loads of body ranging from kids to the elderly littered the ship on arrival .

"yes sir!" i said.

"good, that was black cat 's work well atleast his command carried out by his men , among the recovered loot by the soldiers were a whooping $28 billion dollars valued gold bars found in two trailer loads , black cat is a dangerous personnel with governors ,military personnel and police men in his pay grade , the facility up in kano so far where he is been kept has already come under attack sixteen times just in those two days and many lives have been lost so far , we far the facility will not stand much longer , the USA , ITALY ,CHINA, BRAZIL AND FRANCE are all over this even the international communities are watching closey , the president feels this is what NADOPT needs to get the private financi backing it needs to keep us afloat , black cat cant be air lifted from base because its not suited for it and the attacks so far have shown our enemies to have missile launching capabilities , a bird goes over the base ,they will bring it down for sure but we have a solution 785km away from the base is a newly constructed military base called TADHAR BASE which is not in use for now with good missile defense system with air lift capability , our mission will be to air drop at TADHAR BASE get to this other base ,take black cat , bring him back to TADHAR BASE and airlift him out of there , the mission will take three days jounrey in total , I personally will spear head the mission once we are cleared for drafting within the next two days , in the mean time we have drones enroute to the base to help them clear the areas for hte next two days and provide them with tactical supports , the reason why we brought you in on this is the fact we dont know how this is going to play out ,if we have a mole in the organization that is bad because balck cat organization has moles in every where our best bet is to watch out , we know you are. dedicated and true to your calling , if things go out badly on this mission , you will be tasked with putting a bullet in balck cats head , we cant afford to lose him ever again , its a direct command from the president ,is that understood?" hassan said.

"yes sir ,you can count on me sir !" i said if only they knew how reluctant i wad in my head ,but i knew what i was getting into before i signed those papers .

THE END.
Re: Mission Black Cat By Writer X by Devilpen(m): 8:46am On Feb 22, 2020
He said the End, where is S1 E2
Re: Mission Black Cat By Writer X by WriterX(m): 12:44pm On Feb 22, 2020
chapter two comes up today
Re: Mission Black Cat By Writer X by WriterX(m): 1:31pm On Feb 22, 2020
CHAPTER TWO JOURNEY MERCIES

I checkef my clips and ammo as did andrew and seven others , lietenant hassan our team leader joined us shortly , through the three days of massisve intelligence, training and analysis on our mission prospects he rarely said much unless when he needed to ,whitefield on the other hand well pioneered every intelligence and every joke the white collar offered and those they didnt , somehow i was happy he wasnt field leader

The mission was simple , turns out the entire area where the base black cat was held up was recently worn over by the soldiers from terrorists ,as a former military personel that was a bad news as such a place was and by tactical rules of engagement that place was still a ground zero for attacks , by tactical and geographical stats the white collar team pulled up for us , we had three routes all leading to a single narrow one at half the entire distance .

Three routes was a good one ,each could lead us to the TADHAR BASE and even more we could get drone support , navigation systems worked and tested great with at least two of those routes , thats the good path the main problem comes with the single narrow route, it turns out it was a shit show for a path , last renovated for a road eight years back , it became the perfect hideout and stops for for all types of ill minded people, the armed robbers , kidnappers, cattle rustlers and all , the kind that mades google maps sick in terms of navigation , dubbed the hell way , with surroundings that made up for the animal kingdom ,a damn forest dense and shitty , whitefield scoffed at some point and told us to write our death certificates but he laughed hard at the thought of seeing how scarred we were.

" over twenty two attacks within the last two and half weeks of three different factions of militia groups , three raids whcih left a group of travellers kidnapped and a few of them dead !" whitefield said reading from his files while we listened.

"Cant we use the drones to clear the path for us?" andrew asked ,who i had later found out was the second lucky employee of TADOPT for field assignment atleast in my set .

"yes thats correct except , we would also destroy what is already a highly Inefficient , unstable and one of the worst excuse for narrow road, hell i would gladly take a tunnel than that but its all we got , we start throwing missiles on that damn thing we wont have a road , making a new one isnt in the books , we have to manage what we got boys, am sorry ,your country is one hell of an adventure island !"

Whitefield said , that wasnt an insult for a citizen thats a compliment , Day zero was upon us , whitefield was hysteric about one of the traditions he was used to up in his country .

"you know if you sons of bitch*es are going to get screwed like bullet screwed not that i dont have faith in us but f**k it , it will go south sooner or later and i know your capabilities as a team will be the defining line between a bunch of idiots wielding guns and you guys so tonight at 9 , for all the virgins and non virgins , you are all mandated i mean commanded to be at STAR DARK CLUN HOUSE , hassan knows the drift , he will get the details , you are going to get drunk a bit get laid and if you like one of them you can even get married ,atleast someone other than your family can mourn you "

family , he said , the word rang cold in my ears.

to be continued...
Re: Mission Black Cat By Writer X by Nostradamus: 1:40pm On Mar 10, 2020
WriterX come and continue na...

Remember,you didn't finish your first story here cool

1 Like

Re: Mission Black Cat By Writer X by WriterX(m): 3:39pm On Mar 10, 2020
Nostradamus:
WriterX come and continue na...

Remember,you didn't finish your first story here cool

oshey boss i totally forgot this bad boy of a story wow , thanks for the reminder i will update it.
Re: Mission Black Cat By Writer X by WriterX(m): 3:44pm On Mar 10, 2020
black CAT CONTINUES TONIGHT ,MIGHT FINISH IT OFF BEFORE THE WEEK RUNS OUT ,thanks for waiting around

meanwhile check out my other two books

KILLING A SIDE CHICK

AND

MAN EATER HERE IN NAIRALAND .
Re: Mission Black Cat By Writer X by WriterX(m): 3:59pm On Mar 11, 2020
continuation is been prepared now .
Re: Mission Black Cat By Writer X by WriterX(m): 9:05pm On Mar 11, 2020
The club was surprisningly good although why I never liked the so called one last dance ritual for us . I nevertheless liked this atmosphere for some reason, whitefield had all the gilrs to himself at his space , that damn old man still knew how to work his magic I bet.

But he was a soldier as I have come to know , liked and respected , the boys all nine of us rookies alongside our captain and commander on field duties Hassan who would rather take a cigarette and a bottle of cold gin than dance the night off and forget about life’s problem .
“you haven’t taken any thing yet, you don’t like it here?”

He asked as I sat face glued to the tv set which was hardly inaudible due to the stereo pumping out music at the ttime.
“I took something solid while on my way here. I think its best I don’t disturb the fella anymore than that
I said with a smile hoping he was convinced , I did think he believed me , his heart beat which I could sense was at a stable pace as I said that.

“Yeah , you don’t want to go into the B5-GETTER aircraft ’s waist room believe me, that thing would push the shit right back in “
He said with a smile , he seemed really under the influence of the whiskey every now and then but he was turning out to be a good companion .

“So why leave the army for this job” he asked taking a seat close to me.
“I didn’t have a choice I guess plus the money was right , I could retire any time soon and not think of living in a one room rented apartment and kids to feed “

I said , he gave a nod and turned his attention to whitefield who was in his world .

“look that old man enjoying his life right now , tomorrow he is gonna seat alongside his team of whitecollars ,eyes glued to the computer , making sure everything go according to plan , our lives is gonna depend on the decision he and his team are going to make , isn’t it scary?”
He asked me without hoping for an answer.

“Don’t worry , we will see this through to the end , TADOPT has to be a success one way or another , the security intelligence agencies of the world are looking down on us , they think this is going to be a waste of time and lives but we can make this work so my comrade , say a prayer to God , your family and you gun for tomorrow “

He said once more before he stood to join whitefield , I returned my focus to the tv and when it got a bit darker I made my way to my apartment, it was going to be a long day after all.

I made my way to the conference room all geared up a did the others , whitefield and Hassan sat around discussing and so it was for the next 15mins till they made to let us know what was happening.

“Just yesterday evening , we had information from reliable sources that our border security in kano came under fire from unknown illegal immigrants , all border personalities were killed , they said it was a massacre really , there vehicles were touched and weapons carted away , few villages report over 5trunks of heavily armed men , we think its black cat , they may be trying to make a move on the base , we have sent additional drone support for now , the base cant hold any longer , we will run intel over here so at all times ensure your transponder is on and running , we have media capability drones for pictures and videos surveillance , we have the skies on this one, go and make us proud!”
Whitefield said.

“This is more bad news for us”

Andrew said to me , his heart beat seemed irregular , fear , anxiety , deceit , anxiousness could make up for it so I paid no attention to it.
“are you scarre3d already?”
I said with a smile.

“nah, just thinking how many body bag I will have to count today ,tomorrow and next” he said .

We made our way out into the carrier space where the B5-GETTER helicopter landed prestigiously for us , it seemed fairly okay and equipped with missle launcher and a machine gun attached on both sides perfect for controlled gun fights.

“what are you rookies waiting for , get on with it!”
Whitefield screamed from into our transponders hooked to our ears.
“you have an hour and fifteen minutes to be in kano, go get that son of a bitch !”
He said again.
“you heard the man, lets go!”

Hassan voice echoed through the air , as we made our move into the B5-GETTER in a minute or two , we were air lifted and damn it was my second time been air lifted and my first which the airlift wasn’t about showing off for army parade .

“take it easy guys , recheck your weapons, safety on at all times , minimum and controlled shots if need be for engagement to conserve armor clips and always reserve one for yourself , do it now..”
Hassan ordered taking one of his clips and producing a bullet from it which he slides into his breast pocket.

“that could either save you or kill you at some point “ he said with a smirk on his face, we did as he said and returned our active clip into our weapons, I could hear the thump of each heartbeat , each weighed deeply on what they thought would be the outcome of the mission , one in particularly kept starring at his single bullet in a manner that really felt sad but this is what he signed up , each man to his cross they say, I closed my eyes from time to time and other times starred at the view from many kilometers above the ground

“Alright guys , you just entered kano, Gps coordinates to TADHAR base have been sent , you are now enroute , once you are ther we will begin pulling missile drone support out of your way , goodluck once more”
Whitefield said over the transponder.

“weapons check , safety on, look sharp , mask on, helmet on look alive boys , its touch down in 30minutes!” Hassan said again, drawing his skull mask over his face , it was custom made with kill written over the damn thing.

I checked my gadgets and did as I was told , my baby , my HK 416 rifle , it was perfectly balanced and ready for action.

THE END.
Re: Mission Black Cat By Writer X by Nostradamus: 10:50pm On Mar 11, 2020
WriterX:

oshey boss i totally forgot this bad boy of a story wow , thanks for the reminder i will update it.
no wahala bro.i love the fact that your stories are always action thrillers...

If only our nollyood is performing well,your stories would have been on the screen now.
Re: Mission Black Cat By Writer X by WriterX(m): 11:11pm On Mar 11, 2020
Nostradamus:
no wahala bro.i love the fact that your stories are always action thrillers...

If only our nollyood is performing well,your stories would have been on the screen now.

thanks for your kind words
next chapter comes up tomorrow, been busy for some time now but I am fully back.
Re: Mission Black Cat By Writer X by WriterX(m): 8:31pm On Mar 12, 2020
CHAPTER THREE NO RETURN

Andrew held on to his fire arm tightly , he seemed nervous a bit as the aircraft landed and our captain’s voice thundered the air ordering us out , a normal military every captain takes seriously .
Once we landed the B5-GETTER went back up into the skies .
“captain ,It’s not gonna wait?” I asked.
“No soldier , its going to rendezvous with us once we are enroute back , too dangerous to stay on ground ,soldier!”
He said before he made his move with us following closely behind him, the military base was quite impressive, it still had a few touches and repairs going on, a few military personals were on ground , there eyes hovered around us , I could almost feel how jealous they were with our presentation.
“Commander , all three vehicles have been filled up with extra tanks and extra tires fitted in, a few menial supplies to keep you and your team for the journey has also been provided for , your truck is bullet proof….”
Captain Hassan chuckled as the commander on ground briefed us on our viable means of transportation for the journey.
“is there any thing the matter?” the commander asked.
“Oh no thing much, just that the last time someone told me that, I got an armor piercing round shot through my arm, its not a really good experience when you are thinking you are safe inside one of those”
He said , a few military personnel’s chuckled , indeed he was saying some truth , apparently our definition of bullet proof isn’t really such that you would want to trust.

“My boys have been told to accompany you …”
He paused and ordered for a group of soldiers over 30plus who stood behind him , few feets away ,all armed and battle ready.
“…to the three way route,from where you are to continue alone ?” he asked quite confused about the orders he had received in pertaining to our arrival.

“that’s correct commander , we are set and ready to go!” captain Hassan said once more before they led us out through the gates, our vehicles all three stood , the obvious one which was an armored truck was designated for us., Once the commanded went behind the gates and we had all gotten in our vehicles , we made just a mile out before our captain ordered the vehicles to stop and all soldiers down, we too included.

“you see this paper?” captain Hassan said brandishing a little piece of document in front of the soldiers who had joined us.
“..it says that the very minute you left that base I became your commander and not until we get to that junction , I will remain your commander , I own you and your weapons , what I say is law now, take off every means of communication on you down immediately “
Hassan ordered the soldiers who responded although seemed confused a little bit.

“you are going to leave them there right on the ground , when you are enroute back , you can collect them then if they get missing believe me the authorities will gladly pay for it , half of you is going to use the armored truck cos I don’t like it personally “ captain Hassan said , they were soldiers and did just as he had commanded , we got into the first vehicle and the journey began
His heart beat did say he was lying when he said he didn’t like the armored vehicle , something else was in play.
The journey was quite as rough as expected , our vehicles broke down from time to time , the dry almost dessert terrain with few shrubs and the ever constant heat was problem , forget been attacked by bandits , the heat was starting to turn to a real foe.

It was half way through the route we had taken , we got our first wake up call, the halt of the vehicle forced my eyes open from the deep yet conscious sleep I had put myself into.
“hey whitefield , we found the disturbance the drones picked up early on the road, you believe what we have here” captain Hassan said ,hands steadied on his rifle as the driver killed the engines .

“everyone down , secure the area and get those things off the way” he said before jumping down ,as did we ,right in front of us , scattered across the road were dead cattle and a few dead bodies , the smell was disturbing, from my calculation they had to be there for the last two days, we moved into military defensive postions , ensuring we covered all potential axis an attack could be launched from.
“whats this?” Andrew asked
“It must have been the attack we heard about two days ago , herdsmen they said but I don’t think so” one of the soldiers who joined us when they came down too said.

“why do you think so?” I asked.
“Herdsmen live in the bushes, they live in the region where food is hard to come by , those are
Re: Mission Black Cat By Writer X by WriterX(m): 8:32pm On Mar 12, 2020
continued

food they may not have any reason to spare a life but that of an …….”
“we have got a problem, there are…..” whitefield tried to warn us but the sight of Rocket propelled grenade launched right at the armored from a good distance was enough to tell us we did have trouble.

The vehicle took off in the air amidst the explosion , somersaulting as it came crashing down,I bet I did someone flung high into the air in flames as another came for the last vehicle behind , we went to the ground immediately amidst the sounds of machine guns mounted on open head vehicles three all coming down from three directions , one came at us and two from the sides through the shrubs , there was still a good distance , if they didn’t blow our vehicles it only meant one thing , their RPG’s were done.
Krakakakakakakakakak…..kraka…

“cover your asses , don’t let them circle us, aim for the drivers” he screamed using a dead cow few feet away as a blockade.
I scurried up and found myself behind our vehicles bonnet, my hindsight picked up the one coming my way , steadied fingers around my trigger , I open fired in controlled bust, my scope was perfect bridging the distance in seconds once I got my right eye encircled in it.
Six targets in total , three shots went straight to the idiot who mounted the machine gun on top of the vehicle , he flew right over and dropped dead then , I went behind the bonnet again for safety, as bullets came my way from the other sides.

“minimize your ammo, shot to kill and not a single thought about it!” captain Hassan said as he fired more shots at his vehicle.
“shit…shit..shit!” Andrew screamed , from the ground behind the car’s big tyres.

I went back up again taking a aim at the vehicle , the air pressure wasn’t nice , you had to get the trick to ensure your bullet got their targets but our rifles were powerful and well suited for the task .
Krakaka!

My rifle came asking , the driver stood no chance , driving head on to a target holding a high powered rifle as mine wasn’t such a good plan , a few managed to jump down as the vehicle spiraled out of control and right into the nearby bush.

I went down and amidst gunshots and crawled up to Andrew whose direction was clouded with huge smokes from the vehicle debris , visuals weren’t great , from the look of things , the armed bandits were already on ground , perched on positions none of us could make out.
“stay low, they are everywhere “ Andrew said before more rounds flew over our head and right into the vehicle, two more of comrades joined us there.

It was hard moving around we had bullets flying , over our heads amidst the flames and heavy smoked terrain , for a minute it went came .
“they stopped”

“shhhhh” I replied to Andrew , I could hear them , heartbeats behind the smokes few feet and constantly moving towards us , five in total , two on the right side and three on the left, if the gun scope was impressive , my heightened senses could do better .
I took my rifle and listened closely, one.

Krakakaka!
The scream from a far was satisfying yet again we ducked lower , they knew we weren’t waiting ducks to be picked up easily .
Two.
Krakakka!!

Again , another heart beat stopped beating, the gun shots interfered more with my hearing now , they fired more and more and more.
Krakak..kakakka..kakka.ka!
And then it went silent, heart beats yes , but just ours .
“We are behind schedules , get up and confirm the kill counts on oursides , I think we got hit pretty bad….” Commander Hassan said once he appeared out of the smoky background .

“whitefield, I need you to run a check on something for me now , me and the boys got hit pretty bad but we will do fine” Commnader Hassan said without taking a second look at us.

We got up and took a walk , I checked on my ammo and my reserved, I felt a bit confident about my ability to minimize then during the whole episode .

Three soldiers stood unarmed , four had sustained various gun shots , for us we had a man down.

“We leave the body, take his weapons off him and his clips , that is going to come handy” commander Hassan said once he returned back from wherever he went, there wasn’t any ounce of sympathy or remorse in him .

“we clear the road and we move out in “ again he said.
It took some good minutes before we were able to clear a path for us , the vehicle held up pretty well so much the soldiers were able to help us get in working shape too, then we continued ,no one said anything apart from whitefield who cracked dry jokes and from time to time.
Thankfully we got to the junction without any further hiccups , it was as whitefield and his white collars had discussed with us , rough and jagged , dry and green bushes went up on both sides , dense and hot.
We stopped the vehicle as the soldiers alighted.

“there is a pick up van from your base which has been sent to your location , to get you guys back , we go alone from here” commander Hassan said.

“goodluck sir” one of them said as they watched us began the main journey itself .

“keep your eyes on the look out , if anything moves , shot it , if anything doesn’t move when it should move ,shot it , this is a den crawling with bandits and God knows what, be prepared and hope we don’t pass the night here , its getting close to the evening now” he said .
It was only then I realized the evening was fast approaching now, I tightened my hands around my rifle , a few did what they could by reloading in anticipation of the next strike.
THE END.
Re: Mission Black Cat By Writer X by Chiprince007(m): 12:00am On Mar 13, 2020
The end, are you serious right now. OK let me assume you're joking. Please come and complete the story ooo
Re: Mission Black Cat By Writer X by WriterX(m): 7:59am On Mar 13, 2020
Chiprince007:
The end, are you serious right now. OK let me assume you're joking. Please come and complete the story ooo

lol end of that.chapter Buddy, next chapter is slated for today and by Sunday I will be done finally

(1) (Reply)

Article Writer Needed / Best Writing School, Online Or Around / Help With Yoruba Text

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.