Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

List The Gimmicks False Prophets Use These Days - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / List The Gimmicks False Prophets Use These Days (523 Views)

Why Do Some Prophets Use Coconut For Deliverance / Why Are Those Great Biblical Miracles Not Happening These Days? / 7 Gimmicks/strategies That Will Make You Recognize False Prophets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

List The Gimmicks False Prophets Use These Days by TundeKorede: 10:49am On Feb 20, 2020
Please, tell me few modern day gimmicks that false ministers of the gospel use these days. I want to compile them in a blog post. Just tell me at least one that you know.

If you have been duped by them before. Kindly tell me the strategies they used to trap you. The post will be published on Nairaland front page so as to save others.

Thank you as you help me out.
Re: List The Gimmicks False Prophets Use These Days by donbachi(m): 11:16am On Feb 20, 2020
"my daughter,ur womb was tied and buried in a cemetery..we will take u to d cemetery and carry out some spiritual assignments"....the pastor don already put fear 4 her body knowing she wont go cos fear of been caught...the pastor will now quote his price(300k)..d rest na history.

2 Likes

Re: List The Gimmicks False Prophets Use These Days by TundeKorede: 11:25am On Feb 20, 2020
Thank you for sharing.
Re: List The Gimmicks False Prophets Use These Days by LordReed(m): 3:44pm On Feb 20, 2020
Music. Certain music patterns have effects on the brain we like to call spiritual, they are not. Their rhythmic patterns allow the brain to produce chemicals that trigger all sorts of reactions in the body.

Some preachers know this and exploit it vigorously. Its not the holy spirit coming down, it's your brain being activated. One of such effects allows people to become highly emotional and suggestable. Notice they never disperse after such music, instead you get "prophecies", "healing" and demands for money.

2 Likes

Re: List The Gimmicks False Prophets Use These Days by Bacteriologist(m): 5:03pm On Feb 20, 2020
LordReed:
Music. Certain music patterns have effects on the brain we like to call spiritual, they are not. Their rhythmic patterns allow the brain to produce chemicals that trigger all sorts of reactions in the body.

Some preachers know this and exploit it vigorously. Its not the holy spirit coming down, it's your brain being activated. One of such effects allows people to become highly emotional and suggestable. Notice they never disperse after such music, instead you get "prophecies", "healing" and demands for money.

I would agree with you. There's a popular quote that says music is "food for the soul." And as a metaphor it is entirely beautiful.

Music is a beautiful and interesting form of art. Even as a pianist and guitarist, Music makes me feel a certain way nothing else can.

It's a pity the religionists hijacked this -like they did everything else.

1 Like

Re: List The Gimmicks False Prophets Use These Days by Sheunma: 5:06pm On Feb 20, 2020
LordReed:

Some preachers know this and exploit it vigorously. Its not the holy spirit coming down, it's your brain being activated. One of such effects allows people to become highly emoltional and suggestable. Notice they never disperse after such music, instead you get "prophecies", "healing" and demands for money.
lol. Used to watch Michael Jackson, peace be unto him, stage performances back in the days and I saw people literally fall to the ground, cry and do all sorts like we usually see in deliverance sessions and ministrations in churches of today.

Got me thinking, if people could fall under anointing of MJ s (PBUH) songs what's the big deal if same happens in TB Joshua's synagogue?!

2 Likes

Re: List The Gimmicks False Prophets Use These Days by YorubaKinging: 5:16pm On Feb 20, 2020
There is someone here today..
You've looking for a job. My father told me the job hunt is over ....Adeboye

Pls how will there not be at least one person looking for job in a congregation of about 10000

If you are able to say amen 7 times , your war is over ... CAC pastors

So does that mean if I say just one amen, my prayers won't be answered ?

3 Likes

Re: List The Gimmicks False Prophets Use These Days by TundeKorede: 6:07pm On Feb 20, 2020
YorubaKinging:

Pls how will there not be at least one person looking for job in a congregation of about 10000

Lol...
Re: List The Gimmicks False Prophets Use These Days by masterP042(m): 7:15pm On Feb 20, 2020
The popular one is that they use fake actors to act out miracles..
Little wonder why the popular, bind, lame, deaf or sick members never get healed in such miracle programmes but rather unknown and unfamiliar faces.

We hardly see or hear visible and verifiable miracles in church today like in the bible days. All we just hear is headache, pain in whatever part healed, miracle alert, saved from whatever incidents. Men this is just an everyday occurance which happens to even unbelievers.
But those bible miracles like raising the dead (I mean medically confirmed dead, like 4 days Lazarus corpse), opening the gates or prison, holding back the sun from setting, feeding 5k people with 5 loaves & 2 fishes.. They don't and never happen, since I was born.

So u see, almost all miracles are non verifiable, and can't be repeated, that's where science is better, where u can mix hydrogen and oxygen, in the right temperature, pressure and quantity to get water. But miracles are not reliable and repetitive, you can pray for 3 blind people, non of them may even get healed, the prayers can fail at anytime anywhere, giving no room to prove it's authenticity.

3 Likes

Re: List The Gimmicks False Prophets Use These Days by masterP042(m): 7:17pm On Feb 20, 2020
The popular one is that they use fake actors to act out miracles..
Little wonder why the popular, bind, lame, deaf or sick members never get healed in such miracle programmes but rather unknown and unfamiliar faces.

We hardly see or hear visible and verifiable miracles in church today like in the bible days. All we just hear is headache, pain in whatever part healed, miracle alert, saved from whatever incidents. Men this is just an everyday occurance which happens to even unbelievers.
But those bible miracles like raising the dead (I mean medically confirmed dead, like 4 days Lazarus corpse), opening the gates of prison, holding back the sun from setting, feeding 5k people with 5 loaves & 2 fishes.. They don't and never happen, since I was born.

So u see, almost all miracles are non verifiable, and can't be repeated, that's where science is better, where u can mix hydrogen and oxygen, in the right temperature, pressure and quantity to get water. But miracles are not reliable and repetitive, you can pray for 3 blind people, non of them may even get healed, prayers can fail at anytime anywhere, giving no room to prove it's authenticity.
Re: List The Gimmicks False Prophets Use These Days by sholay2011(m): 7:47pm On Feb 20, 2020
YorubaKinging:

Read your bible. Naaman was advised to take a bath at River Jordan 7 times for his leprosy to be healed. If he did it 5 times instead, he may not get his healing.

It may not make sense to you but God has always loved to use the foolish things to confound the wise.
Re: List The Gimmicks False Prophets Use These Days by jcross19: 8:50pm On Feb 20, 2020
sholay2011:

Read your bible. Naaman was advised to take a bath at River Jordan 7 times for his leprosy to be healed. If he did it 5 times instead, he may not get his healing.

It may not make sense to you but God has always loved to use the foolish things to confound the wise.
most people talking up there are just frustrated soul and confused about life. they need urgent help from God.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Heal Those With Coronavirus, Hilda Dokubo Tells Pastors / Tb Joshua Failed Prophecy- Lessons Learnt / Tb Joshua Didnt Enter Isolation But Heals Corona Virus VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.