Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Customs To Close Supermarkets, Shops Selling Foreign Rice, Others - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Customs To Close Supermarkets, Shops Selling Foreign Rice, Others (26897 Views)

Thief Who Steals Expensive Biscuits From Delta Supermarkets Caught (Photos) / 2 Women Who Hid Smuggled Foreign Rice In Their Body Caught (Photos) / Customs Seizes Foreign Rice, Vehicles Worth N145m In Niger State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs To Close Supermarkets, Shops Selling Foreign Rice, Others by israelmao(m): 7:36pm On Feb 20, 2020
In spite of border closure tons of foreign rice is still being struggled into Nigeria day and night,if you can't track foreign rice at supermarkets,what about tons of rice in corner shops and crude markets?
Re: Customs To Close Supermarkets, Shops Selling Foreign Rice, Others by Goldencheese(m): 7:37pm On Feb 20, 2020
They still dey on top this rice matter?
Re: Customs To Close Supermarkets, Shops Selling Foreign Rice, Others by luluosas(m): 7:48pm On Feb 20, 2020
In total support. Abeg, who will supply me with one bag of Coscharis rice? I learned its a super rich rice, though presently using Big Bull, a relatively good rice too
Re: Customs To Close Supermarkets, Shops Selling Foreign Rice, Others by Maranzano(m): 7:49pm On Feb 20, 2020
How did the rice cross the borders patrolled by the same customs? Presence of bags of foreign rice in our supermarkets is an indictment on those whose duty it is to monitor the movement of goods into the country.
Re: Customs To Close Supermarkets, Shops Selling Foreign Rice, Others by pacespot(m): 8:19pm On Feb 20, 2020
FuckThaMod:
Make sure you also seize the new Toyota cars the house of reps wants to import angry
Bastards wants Nigerians to die of appendicitis by force angry

Patronizing local rice helps the producers to master the production, then the quality will improve. China did not become world best one day, there was a time Chinese products were deemed as inferior, but today they manufacture everything. I think government has made giant stride in this rice investment, it is now time for people to support them by patronizing local rice, even other countries are trying to emulate Nigeria on this.
Re: Customs To Close Supermarkets, Shops Selling Foreign Rice, Others by CSTR2: 8:23pm On Feb 20, 2020
You can't give what you don't have.

Buhari is a deficit. You don't expect him to appoint champions.
Re: Customs To Close Supermarkets, Shops Selling Foreign Rice, Others by Ishilove: 8:23pm On Feb 20, 2020
They want to use stony rice to finish my enemy
Re: Customs To Close Supermarkets, Shops Selling Foreign Rice, Others by nextstep(m): 8:24pm On Feb 20, 2020
Story... please tell us which rice Buhari and Abba Kyari are eating, and how they got that rice angry

The same gov't that wants us to buy Nigerian-made, yet voted overwhelmingly to buy Toyotas.
Re: Customs To Close Supermarkets, Shops Selling Foreign Rice, Others by Nobody: 8:27pm On Feb 20, 2020
I thought they said local rice is everywhere.
And farmers are smiling to the bank.

Why stopping people from.buying what they want.
Is it their money
Re: Customs To Close Supermarkets, Shops Selling Foreign Rice, Others by CSTR2: 8:32pm On Feb 20, 2020
pacespot:

Patronizing local rice helps the producers to master the production, then the quality will improve. China did not become world best one day, there was a time Chinese products were deemed as inferior, but today they manufacture everything. I think government has made giant stride in this rice investment, it is now time for people to support them by patronizing local rice, even other countries are trying to emulate Nigeria on this.
This is the rational logic but I no longer buy it within the Nigerian context.

Your elected house of reps just asked for 400 Toyota 2020 model.

Not even the prime minister of Japan has it in his convoy yet.

And these are the same legislooters that buhari said are not overpaid.

Imagine the wasted billions of dollars rubber stamped by both arms of government that we don't know of.

I have learnt never to apply basic economic principles to Nigerian issues just like that.
There needs to be sincerity of leadership before anybody can believe that 1+1= 2.

2 Likes

Re: Customs To Close Supermarkets, Shops Selling Foreign Rice, Others by pacespot(m): 8:41pm On Feb 20, 2020
CSTR2:

This is the rational logic but I no longer buy it within the Nigerian context.

Your elected house of reps just asked for 400 Toyota 2020 model.

Not even the prime minister of Japan has it in his convoy yet.

And these are the same legislooters that buhari said are not overpaid.

Imagine the wasted billions of dollars rubber stamped by both arms of government that we don't know of.

I have learnt never to apply basic economic principles to Nigerian issues just like that.
There needs to be sincerity of leadership before anybody can believe that 1+1= 2.

You have a point there sure, in the issue of car you know there is security related, though I don't know why they will overlook innoson for a foreign car, but Nigerian's love for Toyota cars no be here grin
Re: Customs To Close Supermarkets, Shops Selling Foreign Rice, Others by osato45: 8:42pm On Feb 20, 2020
Zico5:
I wonder the relevance of the biggest revenue generating agencies such as NNPC, FIRS and customs if we continue to borrow just to finance budget. U may think I'm contradicting the thread but no. I keep on thinking on daily basis what's wrong as a country. We keep on closing border and the adverse effect is bitting hard on the populace. How far can we go with all these. The other time we learnt that custom is generating 5 billions daily and we are selling minimum of 2.3 million barrels of oil daily and still yet China is our saving grace. I keep wondering if there is any hope in this country at all.

Remember that govt keeps sharing its igr with the states and lga every month in what is known as faac allocation.

If fg through all its igr generating bodies realise lets say 14tr, now remove what states would collect every month as well as lga. As well as debt servicing, you would see that fg may have next to nothing to fund its budget for that year hence d need to borrow
Re: Customs To Close Supermarkets, Shops Selling Foreign Rice, Others by Fatty2020: 8:44pm On Feb 20, 2020
For those of us saying all Nigeria rice has stone please try and taste OLAM rice its the best Nigeria rice I have eaten so far,God bless Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customs To Close Supermarkets, Shops Selling Foreign Rice, Others by FuckThaMod: 8:46pm On Feb 20, 2020
pacespot:

The toyota cars nko?

1 Like

Re: Customs To Close Supermarkets, Shops Selling Foreign Rice, Others by pacespot(m): 8:53pm On Feb 20, 2020
FuckThaMod:

The toyota cars nko?

Toyata has been in business for over a century, innoson is a young and promising company. Though I don't know why they would dish a local company for a foreign one, but security is a priority for these politicians.
Re: Customs To Close Supermarkets, Shops Selling Foreign Rice, Others by Ulunne777(f): 8:54pm On Feb 20, 2020
dailynaijanews:
I thought the restriction is only on the importation via land borders

Abioo
Re: Customs To Close Supermarkets, Shops Selling Foreign Rice, Others by mcmyvoice: 9:19pm On Feb 20, 2020
Na the sand naija Rice they now want us to eat? God forbid. The other day, during Christmas, I say make I manage eat niaja Rice, O boy come see sand everywhere. I confess, the last time I ate Rice with sand was early 90s
I have adjusted myself to foreign Rice. The difference between foreign Rice and naija Rice no get comparison

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs To Close Supermarkets, Shops Selling Foreign Rice, Others by Enyimbamercedes: 9:23pm On Feb 20, 2020
Institutions under the president have become very stupid!

The customs will allow smuggled goods through the border; the northern borders to be precise. Then go and raid supermarkets looking for rice that they allowed in

Crazy!
Re: Customs To Close Supermarkets, Shops Selling Foreign Rice, Others by Litmus: 9:27pm On Feb 20, 2020
ClassicMan202:
I still maintain my stand... Let's search the kitchens of the president, ministers, senators, governors and house of rep members.... If we see foreign rice there, we stone them to death.

Few systems work well without division of labour. Fordism is division of labour, as is the family and society. Once division of labour is employed in any system, hierarchy emerges. Hierarchy is inextricable in any system employing division of labour. Anarchy or chronic unproductivty ensues in any division of labour system where equality is enforced. This happens just as readily in the first system, the family, as well as in the last, society under a political system. Communism is a political system that is informed by the principle of imposition of equality on division of labour. Orwell predicted what the outcome would be in Animal farm.

In short, the president and ministers of the state and of the states are not your mate and it is vital to national cohesion that they remain senior citizens and respected as such.
Re: Customs To Close Supermarkets, Shops Selling Foreign Rice, Others by Immanero: 9:32pm On Feb 20, 2020
Hope they will start with ShopRite?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customs To Close Supermarkets, Shops Selling Foreign Rice, Others by paschenko(m): 9:46pm On Feb 20, 2020
Let them first start closing Shop Rite, then I will know they are serious.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs To Close Supermarkets, Shops Selling Foreign Rice, Others by AuwalYusuf812(m): 9:49pm On Feb 20, 2020
[color=#990000][/color]may them kuku kill us
Re: Customs To Close Supermarkets, Shops Selling Foreign Rice, Others by Dollabiz: 10:05pm On Feb 20, 2020
Oh
Re: Customs To Close Supermarkets, Shops Selling Foreign Rice, Others by Exodora: 10:16pm On Feb 20, 2020
desiredhome:

Stop complaining and get working, every challenge is an opportunity to blow,
The stone you complain of is an opportunity for you to seek solution, government can't do everything for you, use your head man

Are you ok at all, since when if I may ask.
Local rice has been local rice since I was born nigga. Instead of them to refine them they keep telling is this one is cultivated in Aba and the other in Awka.
Wonder what you really mean when you say "government can't do everything for you".
Not until I see what they do will I stop complaining .
Re: Customs To Close Supermarkets, Shops Selling Foreign Rice, Others by ClassicMan202(m): 10:36pm On Feb 20, 2020
Litmus:

Few systems work well without division of labour. Fordism is division of labour, as is the family and society. Once division of labour is employed in any system, hierarchy emerges. Hierarchy is inextricable in any system employing division of labour. Anarchy or chronic unproductivty ensues in any division of labour system where equality is enforced. This happens just as readily in the first system, the family, as well as in the last, society under a political system. Communism is a political system that is informed by the principle of imposition of equality on division of labour. Orwell predicted what the outcome would be in Animal farm.

In short, the president and ministers of the state and of the states are not your mate and it is vital to national cohesion that they remain senior citizens and respected as such.

After all these gibberish.. Now tell me, what is your point

That they should eat foreign rice while we eat stone filled rice?

1 Like

Re: Customs To Close Supermarkets, Shops Selling Foreign Rice, Others by Nobody: 10:44pm On Feb 20, 2020
Incompetent fools. What is the essence of closing the border. This people lack capacity
Re: Customs To Close Supermarkets, Shops Selling Foreign Rice, Others by holaralph(m): 11:15pm On Feb 20, 2020
Ifiegboria:
We don't have stone-free Nigerian rice.
. We have more than enough stone free rice in Nigeria sir. A south easterner helped my wife, to buy 25kg of abakalili rice early January. Since we have been eating it, we have not eaten a since stone neither have I noticed any stone while washing the rice.As am talking to you am preparing jollof rice because I love cooking. Below are my proofs

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs To Close Supermarkets, Shops Selling Foreign Rice, Others by jamjo: 11:18pm On Feb 20, 2020
LosC:

https://m.guardian.ng/news/customs-to-close-supermarkets-shops-selling-foreign-rice-others/

Why Nigeria, this country is a joke, customs want to close shops because they did not do their jobs at the border and also don't want the poor to eat foreign rice when the Rep rejected made in Nigeria car.
Re: Customs To Close Supermarkets, Shops Selling Foreign Rice, Others by Xclusiveme: 12:03am On Feb 21, 2020
zoer:
If Buhari starts using innoson bulletproof car den i will buy local rice..... Leadership by example.....
If House of reps dir reject made in Nigeria na me go con use am?......Charity begins at home...

Lwkm
Re: Customs To Close Supermarkets, Shops Selling Foreign Rice, Others by Litmus: 12:03am On Feb 21, 2020
ClassicMan202:

After all these gibberish.. Now tell me, what is your point

That they should eat foreign rice while we eat stone filled rice?

Yes. In fact, they should eat Uncle Ben rice and feed you garri. Society needs top people and bottom people but nothing forced. No one forced you to eat stony rice. Remove the stones.

People too lazy to sieve stone from rice want to lead revolution that invariably leads to the enormous task of destroying and rebuilding entire systems, worst without an industrialised base to facilitate rebuilding. They want to rely on oil or and Western aid.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Woman Buries Only Son Alive In Order To Keep Her Marriage In Nasarawa / How U.S. Will Recover $10.7 Million Restitution From Obinwanne Okeke / Two Men Arrested For Abducting And Raping 19-Year-Old Girl In Imo (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.