Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,429 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

9-year-old Boy Suffering From Dwarfism Threatens To Kill Himself Due To Bullying - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 9-year-old Boy Suffering From Dwarfism Threatens To Kill Himself Due To Bullying (5265 Views)

Hana Kimura Dies At 22 After Facing Online Bullying / Comedian Raises $200,000 For Bullied Boy With Dwarfism / Fatima Timbo, A Four-feet Model Says Dwarfism Poses No Challenge To Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

9-year-old Boy Suffering From Dwarfism Threatens To Kill Himself Due To Bullying by 9jainfoparrot: 1:12am On Feb 21, 2020
A mum from Brisbane, Australia, shared a heartbreaking video of her son crying and saying he wants to die after being bullied at school yet again.

Yarraka Bayles shared the emotional video of her son crying hysterically after school on Facebook.

In the video, Quaden, 9, who was born with Achondroplasia, a form of Dwarfism, is seen in anguish as he describes how he plans to take his life.

“I’ve just picked up my son from school, witnessed a bullying episode, rang the principal, and I want people [to] know, parents, educators teachers, this is the effects that bullying has, this is what bullying does,” Bayles states in the video.

Bayles told SBS that she arrived at school to find female students “patting him on the head like a puppy” and making comments about his height.

“She was patting him on the head like a little puppy. My daughter and I looked at each other and we made signals to him to ask if you are right, and he was like ‘no’ and he was looking at me horrified, like ‘don’t make a scene mum’.

“You could tell he was very uncomfortable but he was so good at trying to shrug things off, he doesn’t want people to know how much it’s affecting him, he’s so strong and confident but it’s times like these when you just see him crumble. It was just heartbreaking to watch, it made me feel helpless.” She added

She explained that she shared the video online because the bullying is constant and Quaden has attempted suicide several times.

Watch the heartbreaking video via link: https://9jainfoparrot.com.ng/boy-suffering-from-dwarfism/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9-year-old Boy Suffering From Dwarfism Threatens To Kill Himself Due To Bullying by Pidginwhisper: 1:16am On Feb 21, 2020
embarassed

1 Like

Re: 9-year-old Boy Suffering From Dwarfism Threatens To Kill Himself Due To Bullying by poshestmina(f): 2:11am On Feb 21, 2020
Really sad.

I'm teaching my kid(s) how to be sufficient for themselves .
Don't bully and don't get bullied.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9-year-old Boy Suffering From Dwarfism Threatens To Kill Himself Due To Bullying by Arthurity1(m): 2:17am On Feb 21, 2020
This is just heartbreaking! Why do some people enjoy seeing others suffer?!

7 Likes

Re: 9-year-old Boy Suffering From Dwarfism Threatens To Kill Himself Due To Bullying by JustWinniefred(f): 3:54am On Feb 21, 2020
Its so painful, yet bullying is something that will never end, either at any level, its just best to be strong, so later on you can share your stories and affect lives

1 Like

Re: 9-year-old Boy Suffering From Dwarfism Threatens To Kill Himself Due To Bullying by irunoko(m): 5:19am On Feb 21, 2020
Teach him about self esteem and then change his school

Children that age usually have insecurity about their looks.

Parents train your children to stop bullying.if you know that you don't have time to raise children it's not by force to have children.no police will arrest you for not having children instead of producing animalistic children.

It's because there are some useless parents that we have the likes of bh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9-year-old Boy Suffering From Dwarfism Threatens To Kill Himself Due To Bullying by Ayotemide(f): 5:48am On Feb 21, 2020
I couldn't even bear to watch the video and got really emotional when I first read this news, who wouldn't? He is contemplating suicide at 9.

4 Likes

Re: 9-year-old Boy Suffering From Dwarfism Threatens To Kill Himself Due To Bullying by chukxie(m): 5:54am On Feb 21, 2020
The pains in the eyes of that small lad is real. I feel sad. As a parent, I want to always protect my child until she's able to protect herself so when I see her hurting from any hurt or failure, it breaks my heart. So, I'm teaching her how to be strong, and to protect herself because as a biracial child some silly kids might want to pick on her. Currently she's taking karate classes. That said, bullies are oftentimes a reflection of the home they come from, and the peers they have.

1 Like

Re: 9-year-old Boy Suffering From Dwarfism Threatens To Kill Himself Due To Bullying by ChaoHendrix: 6:18am On Feb 21, 2020
shocked
This is so sad. Unfortunately this is the same condition of so many men's peniis..
Re: 9-year-old Boy Suffering From Dwarfism Threatens To Kill Himself Due To Bullying by GlorifiedTunde(m): 6:59am On Feb 21, 2020
Mom should get the little boy links to dwarfs that can inspire him like Tyrion Lannister.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9-year-old Boy Suffering From Dwarfism Threatens To Kill Himself Due To Bullying by Tookool(m): 7:14am On Feb 21, 2020
His school uniform looks like Ifako comprehensive primary school own .... grin angry grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9-year-old Boy Suffering From Dwarfism Threatens To Kill Himself Due To Bullying by DAramis: 7:26am On Feb 21, 2020
chukxie:
That said, bullies are oftentimes a reflection of the home they come from, and the peers they have.

The summary of it though the later is more truer than the former.
Re: 9-year-old Boy Suffering From Dwarfism Threatens To Kill Himself Due To Bullying by chukxie(m): 7:41am On Feb 21, 2020
DAramis:

The summary of it though the later is more truer than the former.

Children who have parents who are bullies; act inconsiderately and selfishly almost always end up becoming bullies themselves.

1 Like

Re: 9-year-old Boy Suffering From Dwarfism Threatens To Kill Himself Due To Bullying by DAramis: 8:05am On Feb 21, 2020
chukxie:

Children who have parents who are bullies; act inconsiderately and selfishly almost always end up becoming bullies themselves.

Okay, never seen it that way.

I have the impression that parents who were once bullies when young, will outgrow it and try to live a responsible life. (Like a rascal kid becoming meek, humble and responsible when an adult leading to people doubting if he is the one the actually knew).

"When you mean parents who are bullies", is it with reference to bullying their children and other adults or what? I need to get a clearer picture of that statement if you don't mind.
Re: 9-year-old Boy Suffering From Dwarfism Threatens To Kill Himself Due To Bullying by Nobody: 8:36am On Feb 21, 2020
Tookool:
His school uniform looks like Ifako comprehensive primary school own .... grin angry grin
lol.. me sef they reason

2 Likes

Re: 9-year-old Boy Suffering From Dwarfism Threatens To Kill Himself Due To Bullying by Randy100: 8:48am On Feb 21, 2020
I was bullied and then, later I started bullying others. If it doesn't kill him, it will make him stronger.
Re: 9-year-old Boy Suffering From Dwarfism Threatens To Kill Himself Due To Bullying by Queenjuliette(f): 8:55am On Feb 21, 2020
School authorities need to do more, the student (s) involved shouldn't get away with it. unfortunately even the internet is not safe, Cyber-bullies everywhere, it's so sad.
Re: 9-year-old Boy Suffering From Dwarfism Threatens To Kill Himself Due To Bullying by chukxie(m): 9:16am On Feb 21, 2020
DAramis:

Okay, never seen it that way.

I have the impression that parents who were once bullies when young, will outgrow it and try to live a responsible life. (Like a rascal kid becoming meek, humble and responsible when an adult leading to people doubting if he is the one the actually knew).

"When you mean parents who are bullies", is it with reference to bullying their children and other adults or what? I need to get a clearer picture of that statement if you don't mind.

Other adults and pretty much anybody they feel they can pick on. Such people physically assault their children. Their children in turn take out their pent-up frustrations / anger on kids they see as psychologically or physically weak.
Re: 9-year-old Boy Suffering From Dwarfism Threatens To Kill Himself Due To Bullying by Ayomideen(m): 9:21am On Feb 21, 2020
Watched the video on twitter...was just too sad,the woman was at first trying to be strong for the boy but at a point she just broke down too,just too bad
Re: 9-year-old Boy Suffering From Dwarfism Threatens To Kill Himself Due To Bullying by victorian(f): 9:53am On Feb 21, 2020
So heartbreaking. cry

Na WA o cry
Re: 9-year-old Boy Suffering From Dwarfism Threatens To Kill Himself Due To Bullying by DAramis: 10:03am On Feb 21, 2020
chukxie:

Other adults and pretty much anybody they feel they can pick on. Such people physically assault their children. Their children in turn take out their pent-up frustrations / anger on kids they see as psychologically or physically weak.
Okay, it is understood.
Re: 9-year-old Boy Suffering From Dwarfism Threatens To Kill Himself Due To Bullying by backnbeta(f): 10:10am On Feb 21, 2020
Please, let's teach our children not to bully other children, not to see others differently, this will help save lives! Charity begins at home. As a mother, I have taught my children to see beyond disabilities, color and race. If perchance they are bullied themselves, they have their defense mechanism and they have me and their dad to turn to. I just imagine what this poor boy and his mum are going through undecided
Re: 9-year-old Boy Suffering From Dwarfism Threatens To Kill Himself Due To Bullying by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 10:29am On Feb 21, 2020
I was going to joke about this until I saw those pics cry
Heartbroken

2 Likes

Re: 9-year-old Boy Suffering From Dwarfism Threatens To Kill Himself Due To Bullying by Foodqueen(f): 10:41am On Feb 21, 2020
Eeya!!!! cry cry cry
Re: 9-year-old Boy Suffering From Dwarfism Threatens To Kill Himself Due To Bullying by Uyi168: 10:57am On Feb 21, 2020
The mum can leave him at home and do some house lessons..
The young lad may end up taking his own life ...
Re: 9-year-old Boy Suffering From Dwarfism Threatens To Kill Himself Due To Bullying by Onyenna(m): 10:59am On Feb 21, 2020
Heartbreaking!!

It's a pity....
Re: 9-year-old Boy Suffering From Dwarfism Threatens To Kill Himself Due To Bullying by CAPSLOCKED: 11:21am On Feb 21, 2020
Uyi168:
The mum can leave him at home and do some house lessons..
The young lad may end up taking his own life ...

NOT THE FIRST. WON'T BE THE LAST.
I COMPLETELY ENDORSE SUICIDE.

Illusioneffect:

People like you are the bullies in school. Did you really think clearly before you came up with this knowledge of yours.

HOW YOU FEEL IS YOUR BUSINESS.
HOW OTHER MILLIONS OF PEOPLE FEEL, YOU DON'T KNOW.
MANY 13-YR-OLDS IN BRAZIL AND MEXICO ARE GANG LEADERS AND LOSING THEIR LIVES. MANY TEENAGERS AND UNDER 10'S ARE COMMITTING SUICIDE BECAUSE OF A LOT OF THINGS INCLUDING SO CALLED "SAVAGE, EPIC REPLIES" FOLKS LIKE YOU DROP ON THE INTERNET, AND WHEN YOU DRIVE THEM CRAZY TO THE POINT THEY KILL THEMSELVES, YOU TURN AROUND TO BLAME THEM?

MATE A LOT IS GOING ON IN THIS PLANET AND MANY PEOPLE ARE NOT ENJOYING THEMSELVES. IF I CAN'T STOP THEIR SUFFERING, WHO AM I TO STOP THEIR SUICIDE?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9-year-old Boy Suffering From Dwarfism Threatens To Kill Himself Due To Bullying by James289(f): 11:22am On Feb 21, 2020
A 9 year old considering suicide? Appropriate measures should be taken, it's no longer a joke. This will affect him mentally in years to come. Nobody has the right to make anyone feel this terrible
Re: 9-year-old Boy Suffering From Dwarfism Threatens To Kill Himself Due To Bullying by Illusioneffect(m): 11:26am On Feb 21, 2020
This is so hurtful. Sometimes children don't care how their mates feel and they could to any length they can find possible to hurt themselves; this is my excuse for not reminiscing about my childhood. Come on, this child could be the next Peter Dinklage.... Soo sooo sadcrytongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh Advice Me To Do The Surgery In Dubai Now I’m Suffering The Pain / Marvin Records Second Lady Aphrodija Performs In Lace And Canvass / Who Elevated The Pale Faced Jesus Christ Into Almighty God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.