Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,296 members, 7,818,995 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Christian: To Flee Or Not To Flee Africa? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian: To Flee Or Not To Flee Africa? (123 Views)

Is It A Sin For A Christian To Fight Back As A Self Defense? / Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? / NL Christians , Is It Wrong For a Christian To EAT Sallah Meat ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Christian: To Flee Or Not To Flee Africa? by meavox: 5:10am On Feb 21, 2020
TO FLEE OR NOT TO FLEE AFRICA?

Africans including those who say they are Christians are fleeing Africa, or hoping to flee Africa. Their reason being to have a better life, and an easier life. So what does the Bible teach regarding migration for an easier life?

Firstly Christians should remember the purpose of life. Is it to have a good time? Or, is it to be salt and light in Darkness? (see Matthew 5:13-16). We all know that Africa is in deep Darkness: ritual killings (human sacrifice), sorcery and witchcraft, shrines, witch doctors, love of money, tribalism, stealing, cheating, corruption – the list is endless. Africans manifest more anti-Christ behaviours towards ourselves, making our own lives so much harder, than the more civilised Western people do in their societies. This is just a very sad fact. And that is why Africans want to flee Africa and go to where the culture is different and better.

A life of easiness and ease is what every human being everywhere wants. The Christian is no different. But, the TRUE Christian obeys God and bears his own cross, denying himself. God has said clearly: “Woe to them that are at EASE in Zion…” (Amos 6:1a).

To be light in a Dark world takes sacrifice and self-denial. It is a battle! That is why the Way of Life is narrow and hard. But the way to perdition is broad and easy, and many are on it. Jesus tells His sheep: “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it (Matthew 7:13-14).

Thus, MANY Africans including MANY who call themselves Christians will be on the broad way. These will always seek the easy fleshly way. These will be comfortable in the broad and easy way because they do not belong to Christ. They are just church-goers, on the broad way.

So, if you are a TRUE Christian, your weak flesh may (even frequently) desire to flee Africa for an easier life elsewhere. But God will keep you through His Word to remind you that He made no mistake in having you born in this very difficult and Dark Africa. God wants you to consider the purpose of life, and reason with Him, and know that where you are needed the most is where He wants you. True Christians with their various skills and God’s light, are very much needed to transform and reform Africa!

Let those who want to flee, flee! Let them flee to an easy life of ease. They do not understand or appreciate God’s commands to deny self and take up their cross. But TRUE Christian you love and obey God’s commands and His guidance. Below are Scripture texts to strengthen the TRUE Christian. Amen.

Matthew 10:38; Matthew 16:24; Mark 8:34; Luke 9:23; Luke 14:27:-

38 And whoever does not take his cross and follow Me is not worthy of Me.
24 Then Jesus told His disciples, “If anyone would come after Me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow Me.
34 And calling the crowd to Him with His disciples, He said to them, “If anyone would come after Me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow Me.
23 And he said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross
daily and follow Me
27 Whoever does not bear his own cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple.

SOURCE:
Christianity for Africans
https://web.facebook.com/Christianity4Africans/

(1) (Reply)

In The Light Of Truth: The Inner Voice. / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 27/02/2020 / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens:thursday , February 27, 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.