Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,170 members, 7,953,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:15 PM

Attempts By Rivers State Govt To Malign My Name Is Sacrilegious - Oshiomhole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Attempts By Rivers State Govt To Malign My Name Is Sacrilegious - Oshiomhole (1123 Views)

Peter Obi: My Opponents Paying People To Malign Me, Infiltrate My Supporters / Onochie’s Attacks On Igbo Monarchs Sacrilegious, Odious, Says Ohanaeze / Wike: "I Respect Chief Bola Tinubu And Will Never Malign Him" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attempts By Rivers State Govt To Malign My Name Is Sacrilegious - Oshiomhole by torgod: 2:18pm On Feb 21, 2020
The National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, has read with utter disgust a statement by the Rivers State government that he and Minister of State for Petroleum, Chief Timipre Sylva, “sponsored thugs” to attack the residence of former Rivers State governor, Dr. Peter Odili.

According to the malicious statement signed by the Rivers state Commissioner for Commissioner for Information and Communication, Mr. Paulinus Nsirim, the “attacks” were made because Justice Mary Odili was a member of the Supreme Court panel that gave a unanimous verdict against the APC-governor-elect in Bayelsa State, David Lyon.

This reckless defamation of the character of Oshiomhole is unbecoming of a state government that is supposed to operate under the rule of law including fairness and justice to all.

The statement is an egregious assault on the reputation that has taken Oshiomhole a life-time to build.

For clarity, Oshiomhole was not in any way involved in the action that took place at the residence of Dr. Odili, a gentleman for whom Oshiomhole has tremendous respect as a friend of many years despite political differences.

As a matter of principle, Oshiomhole condemns any harassment Hon. Justice Mary Odili had suffered for a judgment she gave within her powers aa a judicial officer. Oshiomhole as a one-time beneficiary of judicial redress of injustice always holds the judiciary in the highest esteem and the obedience of court orders.

Dissatisfied as a party, the APC under Oshiomhole’s leadership has returned to the Supreme Court seeking the review of the judgment . That is the democratic culture to which Oshiomhole subscribes.

It would be expected that it is the police that should give account of what happened at the residence of Dr. Odili based on investigation and not the Rivers State government in Port Harcourt.

The unsubstantiated allegation by the Rivers State government is , therefore, an insult on the APC National Chairman. It is an indecent thing for a state government to do in the circumstance.

We hereby call on the Rivers State Government to toe the path of decency and withdraw the defamatory statement with due apologies.

Signed:

Simon Ebegbulen

Chief Press Secretary to the APC National Chairman
Re: Attempts By Rivers State Govt To Malign My Name Is Sacrilegious - Oshiomhole by Citytrend: 2:27pm On Feb 21, 2020
This Oshomole of a man is always Looking for Sympathy where there's none. His hypocrite is always written all over him like a Billboard.

Those who knows Governor Wike knows he doesn't look for trouble where there is none.

But Bite him, you will receive the Biggest sleepless night of your Life.

We know who is who in this country

1 Like

Re: Attempts By Rivers State Govt To Malign My Name Is Sacrilegious - Oshiomhole by helinues: 2:28pm On Feb 21, 2020
shocked
Re: Attempts By Rivers State Govt To Malign My Name Is Sacrilegious - Oshiomhole by Lanretoye(m): 2:29pm On Feb 21, 2020
sacrilegious!!!,the gods must be crazy.
Re: Attempts By Rivers State Govt To Malign My Name Is Sacrilegious - Oshiomhole by Judeerons32: 2:34pm On Feb 21, 2020
It is well. Wike is a trained lawyer. But he talks recklessly. Whether it is Ameachi stealing or Rivers owning the recovered loot at Osborne estate or assassination attempt on him by soldiers the list just goes unending.
I do not know if he is now the personal Lawyers to the Odilis now.
Re: Attempts By Rivers State Govt To Malign My Name Is Sacrilegious - Oshiomhole by Racoon(m): 2:49pm On Feb 21, 2020
grin The Wike backlash really pained Oshiomole that he became paranoid.Sacrilege ko! Forbidden ni! Useless man.
Re: Attempts By Rivers State Govt To Malign My Name Is Sacrilegious - Oshiomhole by seunlayi(m): 2:54pm On Feb 21, 2020
Osho radar ADa still dey talk?
Re: Attempts By Rivers State Govt To Malign My Name Is Sacrilegious - Oshiomhole by Maxymilliano(m): 2:56pm On Feb 21, 2020
The million dollar question ...

How can Oshiomhole compare himself to me. I’m well-read, a lawyer, life bencher. I have a first degree in Political Science, my second, Law and I went to the Nigerian Law School and I passed very well. Let Oshiomhole tell me which University he attended
Re: Attempts By Rivers State Govt To Malign My Name Is Sacrilegious - Oshiomhole by richidinho(m): 2:56pm On Feb 21, 2020
Oga tell us the name of the school you graduated from, stop speaking grammar grin grin

Typical APC ...
Re: Attempts By Rivers State Govt To Malign My Name Is Sacrilegious - Oshiomhole by Dreal1247: 2:57pm On Feb 21, 2020
Jaguda get oga. Is Oshomole being humbled or is afraid of the mighty Nwike? Time shall tell.
Re: Attempts By Rivers State Govt To Malign My Name Is Sacrilegious - Oshiomhole by sunsewa16: 3:57pm On Feb 21, 2020
Justice Adamu oshimaole, have u forgot ur numerous false accusations against opposition party leaders, that is ur stock in trade, deal with it
Re: Attempts By Rivers State Govt To Malign My Name Is Sacrilegious - Oshiomhole by Sensenan: 5:09pm On Feb 21, 2020
Always talking trash. Address the major issue Gov.Wike raised and tell us the school you attended and the certificate acqiured.

1 Like

Re: Attempts By Rivers State Govt To Malign My Name Is Sacrilegious - Oshiomhole by wingmanIII: 5:21pm On Feb 21, 2020
grin grin grin
Sensenan:
Always talking trash. Address the major issue Gov.Wike raised and tell us the school you attended and the certificate acqiured.

Wike is Savage and can also fight dirty. Just don't test him
Re: Attempts By Rivers State Govt To Malign My Name Is Sacrilegious - Oshiomhole by Indispensable85(m): 6:13pm On Feb 21, 2020
Wike is a fool. Always making wild allegations that can not be substantiated. That reminds me of his many allegations against Amaechi and the Osborne tower money. Agbero governor!
Re: Attempts By Rivers State Govt To Malign My Name Is Sacrilegious - Oshiomhole by Villagemeat: 7:17pm On Feb 21, 2020
Oshiomole,the national chairman of Association Of Past Criminals
Re: Attempts By Rivers State Govt To Malign My Name Is Sacrilegious - Oshiomhole by Villagemeat: 7:18pm On Feb 21, 2020
Indispensable85:
Wike is a fool. Always making wild allegations that can not be substantiated. That reminds me of his many allegations against Amaechi and the Osborne tower money. Agbero governor!
And APC allegations has always been true. Park well my friend! You must not comment
Re: Attempts By Rivers State Govt To Malign My Name Is Sacrilegious - Oshiomhole by Indispensable85(m): 7:44pm On Feb 21, 2020
Villagemeat:
And APC allegations has always been true. Park well my friend! You must not comment

Pack well you. You must not mention me.
Re: Attempts By Rivers State Govt To Malign My Name Is Sacrilegious - Oshiomhole by princemillla(m): 8:34pm On Feb 21, 2020
This man na actor walai he no Dey die

(1) (Reply)

Things To Expect From Buhari's Speech Today / Odumeje To FG Delist IPOB | Nigeria Better Without Igbos | DSS Invites Asari Ove / FBI Behind Magu's Sack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.