Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Wike: "I Respect Chief Bola Tinubu And Will Never Malign Him" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike: "I Respect Chief Bola Tinubu And Will Never Malign Him" (36083 Views)

Who Is Chief Bola Tinubu's Father? / Amaechi: I Am Afraid Of Wike, I Will Never Go Back To Rivers State / Wike: I Have Great Respect For Tinubu But His Comment On Edo Crisis Shocked Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike: "I Respect Chief Bola Tinubu And Will Never Malign Him" by Nemere2020: 4:53pm On Feb 05, 2021
Earlier thread: https://www.nairaland.com/6399991/tinubu-cannot-see-presidency-gate

I RESPECT CHIEF BOLA TINUBU AND WILL NEVER MALIGN HIM-SAYS GOVERNOR WIKE

The attention of the Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike, has been drawn to false assertions attributed to him in an article written in The Guardian by Emmanuel Ande on February 5, 2021, titled: " Tinubu cannot see presidency gate in 2023, says Wike."

We wish to affirm that it is true that Governor Wike was in Yola, the capital of Adamawa State on February 4, to inspect some projects being executed by Governor Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri. And while inspecting the Greater Interchange and Underpass in Yola , some journalists requested for an interview which he graciously obliged them.

The questions asked ranged from the purpose of his visit; the prospects of the Peoples Democratic Party winning the 2023 general election and Nigeria's rating in the global corruption index recently published by Transparency International.

At no time during the interview session that lasted about five minutes did Governor Wike mention the names of Chief Tinubu and the APC's former national chairman, Adams Oshiomhole, or even alluded to them.

We, therefore consider the report by Mr Emmanuel Ande as preposterous, fabricated, malicious and intended to inflame relationship between Governor Wike and Chief Tinubu, whom the Rivers Chief Executive holds in high esteem.

“We wish to state without equivocation, that irrespective of political affiliation, Governor Wike has enormous respect for Chief Tinubu and will never say or do anything to malign the hard earned reputation of the elder statesman. The report by Mr Ande is mischievous and aimed to discredit The Guardian.

“It is our belief that the reporter is probably acting as hireling of some treacherous political actors, who often capitalise on the susceptibility of some journalists to manipulate them to publish misleading or factually incorrect information for political purposes. We dare the reporter to provide any evidence to prove the veracity of his fabricated report.”

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2424191601058350&id=672482079562653

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: "I Respect Chief Bola Tinubu And Will Never Malign Him" by Ever8090: 4:57pm On Feb 05, 2021
Oga...you talk am..even if you no talk am before, talk am now... Tinubu will not smell the gate neither will any of you old politicians will come close..emmmm only if our brains dead masses will come together to put you criminals in one tank..

83 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Wike: "I Respect Chief Bola Tinubu And Will Never Malign Him" by Godfullsam(m): 5:03pm On Feb 05, 2021
This man speaks from both sides of his stinking mouth.

He don't want to step on the wrong toes because he nurses the ambition of becoming a vice president of naija.

Nonsense and ingredient

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: "I Respect Chief Bola Tinubu And Will Never Malign Him" by Nobody: 5:03pm On Feb 05, 2021
Who doesn't respect a drug lord. Is it easy to run a cartel and do it successfully.

Even Pablo Escobar had a fall in his life as drug baron but here is Tinubu ( Jagaban of Yoruba universe) Standing tall plus high....

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wike: "I Respect Chief Bola Tinubu And Will Never Malign Him" by NwaNimo1(m): 5:06pm On Feb 05, 2021

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: "I Respect Chief Bola Tinubu And Will Never Malign Him" by bolaayenimo: 5:08pm On Feb 05, 2021
When i read that report in the morning too, i never saw anything like Presidency gate. That journo should tell us where he got his report from

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: "I Respect Chief Bola Tinubu And Will Never Malign Him" by BigSarah(f): 5:09pm On Feb 05, 2021
Too much talk, Nigerians arent ready.

1 Like

Re: Wike: "I Respect Chief Bola Tinubu And Will Never Malign Him" by EnvelopeUs(f): 5:11pm On Feb 05, 2021
embarassed

Wike again
Re: Wike: "I Respect Chief Bola Tinubu And Will Never Malign Him" by EzeYezzuz: 5:13pm On Feb 05, 2021
grin
Re: Wike: "I Respect Chief Bola Tinubu And Will Never Malign Him" by seunmsg(m): 5:18pm On Feb 05, 2021
Wike is right though, nothing in that guardian report suggest he made the remark that was misrepresented in the headline.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: "I Respect Chief Bola Tinubu And Will Never Malign Him" by CrimeKsmart: 5:20pm On Feb 05, 2021
I knew Wike would never say something of such to jagaban. He respects Asiwaju alot and was one of the governors who sympathised with him when he lost his son

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike: "I Respect Chief Bola Tinubu And Will Never Malign Him" by Allegheny: 5:25pm On Feb 05, 2021
Iranu
All polithiefcians will not know peace
Re: Wike: "I Respect Chief Bola Tinubu And Will Never Malign Him" by BastardWike: 6:15pm On Feb 05, 2021
Imagine the sort of re.tards ruling all over Nigeria. Is this guy mentally okay? He says one thing today, tomorrow he says another that is the complete opposite.

He should continue decieving himself, rubbish!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: "I Respect Chief Bola Tinubu And Will Never Malign Him" by LexngtonSteele: 6:59pm On Feb 05, 2021
grin
Re: Wike: "I Respect Chief Bola Tinubu And Will Never Malign Him" by cpu2006(m): 7:07pm On Feb 05, 2021
Ever8090:
Oga...you talk am..even if you no talk am before, talk am now... Tinubu will not smell the gate neither will any of you old politicians will come close..emmmm only if our brains dead masses will come together to put you criminals in one tank..

Receive sense bro

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: "I Respect Chief Bola Tinubu And Will Never Malign Him" by preacherz: 7:09pm On Feb 05, 2021
Trash talk

Amigbo massacre comes to mind.

Useless Country
Useless People
What did Buhari did in his first Tenure that warranted
Jagaban 2 pull up the bullion van stunt for him??

For every action there’s a reaction
Consequence is no coincidence.
Re: Wike: "I Respect Chief Bola Tinubu And Will Never Malign Him" by ShackWes(f): 7:15pm On Feb 05, 2021
Tinubu pass Wike before nah

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: "I Respect Chief Bola Tinubu And Will Never Malign Him" by MrValthegreat: 7:38pm On Feb 05, 2021
The journalist should publicize the video of the interview let's see who is lying, but I sense brown envelope journalism here.

Don't let this opportunity pass you by like Bitcoin did, start mining now before it is fully launched to become a VIP and earn big.

Download at https://bee.games/download.html use 'valthegreat' as your referral link.
Re: Wike: "I Respect Chief Bola Tinubu And Will Never Malign Him" by visijo(m): 7:49pm On Feb 05, 2021
OK A study found that marrying an older man reduces a woman's lifespan, but marrying a younger man reduces it even more.

1 Like

Re: Wike: "I Respect Chief Bola Tinubu And Will Never Malign Him" by Negotiate: 7:49pm On Feb 05, 2021
No permanent foes in politics.

Only hungry internet warriors think otherwise.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: "I Respect Chief Bola Tinubu And Will Never Malign Him" by Biafrawemove: 7:49pm On Feb 05, 2021
We are discussing herdsmen
And you are discussing tinubu

1 Like

Re: Wike: "I Respect Chief Bola Tinubu And Will Never Malign Him" by datola: 7:50pm On Feb 05, 2021
Chief Tinubu ba wo
Re: Wike: "I Respect Chief Bola Tinubu And Will Never Malign Him" by bigdammyj: 7:51pm On Feb 05, 2021
Noted
Re: Wike: "I Respect Chief Bola Tinubu And Will Never Malign Him" by UncleKoboko: 7:51pm On Feb 05, 2021
Wike and TINUBU are both USELESS THIEVES.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos Of Top Boko Haram Commanders Killed During Bombardment In Sambisa Forest / Civil Servants Struggling To Collect Sanwo-Olu's APC Rice / 7 Reasons Why Nigeria Should Have Abstained From The UN Jerusalem Vote - ETimes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.