Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Shock As Only $70m Is Left In Our ECA From $2 Billion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shock As Only $70m Is Left In Our ECA From $2 Billion (3050 Views)

FG Reduces Gas To Power Price From $2.50 To $2.18 / Okorocha: No More APC, What Is Left Of APC Is Just Respect For Buhari / Buhari To Unveil $70m Oshodi Transport Interchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shock As Only $70m Is Left In Our ECA From $2 Billion by RagaMufeen(m): 2:50pm On Feb 21, 2020
No wonder America refused to release Abacha loot to governor Bagudu.

A 78 percent decline in savings from oil sales created to stabilise the Nigerian economy in case of a shock is the latest crack in the country’s line of defence amid rising global uncertainties. The Excess Crude Account (ECA) declined by $254.98m to a record low of $70m between January and February, latest data from…
https://businessday.ng/exclusives/article/excess-crude-account-slides-to-70m-as-fiscal-buffers-disappear/

1 Like

Re: Shock As Only $70m Is Left In Our ECA From $2 Billion by daddytime(m): 2:51pm On Feb 21, 2020
The money travel, e go soon come back.

2 Likes

Re: Shock As Only $70m Is Left In Our ECA From $2 Billion by SanusiGworo: 2:53pm On Feb 21, 2020
They've shared it amongst themselves and used the rest for 2019 elections.

4 Likes

Re: Shock As Only $70m Is Left In Our ECA From $2 Billion by dawnomike(m): 2:53pm On Feb 21, 2020
Nigeria and expensive jokes... I really don't want to believe this is true
Re: Shock As Only $70m Is Left In Our ECA From $2 Billion by Kundagarten: 2:55pm On Feb 21, 2020
Buhari remains the greatest conman to ever become the president.

15 Likes

Re: Shock As Only $70m Is Left In Our ECA From $2 Billion by michlins(m): 3:02pm On Feb 21, 2020
I don't want to believe this not because I expect anything great from this administration but knowing how much loan is hanging on the neck of our unborn generation courtesy of this administration, this one is like another nail in the coffin of this country economy

6 Likes

Re: Shock As Only $70m Is Left In Our ECA From $2 Billion by PapaBaby: 3:07pm On Feb 21, 2020
Buhari's children are sorted for life. Imagine the billions Yusuf Buhari is likely to inherit in the event of Buhari's demise.

3 Likes

Re: Shock As Only $70m Is Left In Our ECA From $2 Billion by javaguru: 3:22pm On Feb 21, 2020
so we are finally broke
Re: Shock As Only $70m Is Left In Our ECA From $2 Billion by NaijaRoyalty(m): 3:28pm On Feb 21, 2020
Una never see anything , by the time APC is done with Nigeria , Sudan go look like London for una eyes .

10 Likes

Re: Shock As Only $70m Is Left In Our ECA From $2 Billion by johnmartus(m): 3:35pm On Feb 21, 2020
I have give up on Nigeria. I don't trust anyone except myself. I can't believe this I swear .

5 Likes

Re: Shock As Only $70m Is Left In Our ECA From $2 Billion by SocialJustice: 3:41pm On Feb 21, 2020
This happening under Buhari is just crazy. Mr. Integrity. Even Jonathan did not plunder like this.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shock As Only $70m Is Left In Our ECA From $2 Billion by PicLtd: 3:44pm On Feb 21, 2020
So where is the money and how did it disappear under buhari's non-corrupt watchful eye as the Minister of petroleum.

2 Likes

Re: Shock As Only $70m Is Left In Our ECA From $2 Billion by helinues: 3:46pm On Feb 21, 2020
While coronavirus is adding salt to the injury...
Re: Shock As Only $70m Is Left In Our ECA From $2 Billion by MrStan11(m): 4:18pm On Feb 21, 2020
cheesy

I'm even surprise we still have up to $70million there.

Wow

Bubu is truly working.

8 Likes

Re: Shock As Only $70m Is Left In Our ECA From $2 Billion by Agboriotejoye(m): 4:25pm On Feb 21, 2020
Somebody's darling daddy is really working hard to reverse the years that the locusts have eaten.

Only that he's replacing the locusts with wolves.

From 2.1bn to 70m, all hail bubu

8 Likes

Re: Shock As Only $70m Is Left In Our ECA From $2 Billion by StreetFight: 4:41pm On Feb 21, 2020
Buhari is not leaving any money for the incoming looters to come and loot. All money will be spent by this government on infrastructure, more will even be borrowed to be spent on infrastructure so that when the incoming devilish looting idiots get to power, they will start paying debts and there will be little money to be looted while we will all be enjoying the infrastructure being buit by the administration.

Go and inquire about all the money Obasanjo left for Yar'Adua and Goatluck, the money is in the accounts of Diezani Alison-Madueke, imPatience Jonathan, Ngozi Okojo-Iwealla, Stella Oduah, Rotimi Amaechi, Tunde Fashola, Bola Tinubu, Isa Bagudu, Peter Odili, Donald Duke, Peter Obi, Kwakawaso Rabiu, e.t.c.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Shock As Only $70m Is Left In Our ECA From $2 Billion by gwafaeziokwu: 4:43pm On Feb 21, 2020
Looting was initiated and perfected by Northerners in Nigeria. The usual mantra during the military regime was ' No be government money?'. You can imagine what is going on now that the real core Kaduna mafians are running the show in Abuja.

The worst is that NNPC is firmly in their hands. They report to themselves only. So sad the rape of our collective wealth continues.

6 Likes

Re: Shock As Only $70m Is Left In Our ECA From $2 Billion by StreetFight: 4:45pm On Feb 21, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:
Looting was initiated and perfected by Northerners in Nigeria. The usual mantra during the military regime was ' No be government money?'. You can imagine what is going on now that the real core Kaduna mafians are running the show in Abuja.

The worst is that NNPC is firmly in their hands. They report to themselves only. So sad the rape of our collective wealth continues.

When NNPC was in Diezani Alisonm-Madueke's hand, what did she do besides coverting NNPC account to her personal account.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shock As Only $70m Is Left In Our ECA From $2 Billion by gwafaeziokwu: 6:18pm On Feb 21, 2020
StreetFight:

When NNPC was in Diezani Alisonm-Madueke's hand, what did she do besides coverting NNPC account to her personal account.

In other words, you want to compete with Diezani and ultimately outdo her. So why the 'we will fight corruption ' slogan on which APC government came to power. You promised Nigerians that people like Diezani will not steal their future any more, you were trusted with power on that promise. Are you admitting that you scammed Nigerians.

I know your lame defence stems from the fact that I mentioned northerners. The truth is that Diezani or any southerner are infants when it comes to embezzlement. No southern leader have raped Nigerias' common wealth like Abacha and Co.

13 Likes

Re: Shock As Only $70m Is Left In Our ECA From $2 Billion by codedguy1(m): 6:41pm On Feb 21, 2020
The scary thing is we still have about 3.5yrs to go with this govt.

What is going to hit us in the nearest future we still can't comprehend. shocked

I hope at the end of the day everyone will find their level regardless.

We watch.

1 Like

Re: Shock As Only $70m Is Left In Our ECA From $2 Billion by gwafaeziokwu: 6:49pm On Feb 21, 2020
StreetFight:
Buhari is not leaving any money for the incoming looters to come and loot. All money will be spent by this government on infrastructure, more will even be borrowed to be spent on infrastructure so that when the incoming devilish looting idiots get to power, they will start paying debts and there will be little money to be looted while we will all be enjoying the infrastructure being buit by the administration.

Go and inquire about all the money Obasanjo left for Yar'Adua and Goatluck, the money is in the accounts of Diezani Alison-Madueke, imPatience Jonathan, Ngozi Okojo-Iwealla, Stella Oduah, Rotimi Amaechi, Tunde Fashola, Bola Tinubu, Isa Bagudu, Peter Odili, Donald Duke, Peter Obi, Kwakawaso Rabiu, e.t.c.

Where are the infrastructures?

Have any teaching hospital in Nigeria been upgraded? Have Nigerians stopped dying because of ordinary malaria. Are our hospitals now well equipped? Is there quality and affordable health care for all in Nigeria.

In a country busting at its seams with youthful population that is technologically savvy, your APC government is looking for a pencil production technology. Our refineries are yet to work, Ajeokuta steel company is still comatose 5 yrs after PDP left power. TCN, Ministry of power and PHCN offices are still powered by generators. Where are the jobs?

The naira has been so battered and is on life support. Purchasing power is at an all time low. The middle class that emerged after our return to democracy rule is gradually disappearing. It's either you are rich or poor in Nigeria today,nothing inbetween. The average life span for a man in Nigeria today is 59, women 62. Why is the average life span of Nigerians decreasing under APC.

Before people were afraid of traveling on our roads because of bad roads. Today the main reason Nigerians don't travel is Insecurity. You also want to kill the land transportation economy before you are done?

No roads,no security, abysmal health care, epileptic power, no jobs, hunger, low purchasing power, poverty capital of the world yet we are earning foreign exchange everyday. Please tell what exactly do you mean by infrastructure because I don't get it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shock As Only $70m Is Left In Our ECA From $2 Billion by Blue3k(m): 6:53pm On Feb 21, 2020
Lol the account might be depleted before he leaves office. Oh well elections have consequences. The Federal government refused to listen when courts and nass said it was illegal account. Now they've blown through most of money with little to show for it.

2 Likes

Re: Shock As Only $70m Is Left In Our ECA From $2 Billion by sapientia(m): 7:05pm On Feb 21, 2020
Bubu on the beat.
Re: Shock As Only $70m Is Left In Our ECA From $2 Billion by BruncleZuma: 7:18pm On Feb 21, 2020
grin grin grin grin
Re: Shock As Only $70m Is Left In Our ECA From $2 Billion by Afospecialk: 7:19pm On Feb 21, 2020
God have mercy on us

Politicians, Pastors and Imam that have more than 3 billions in account should forfeit it Permanently to Federal govt
Re: Shock As Only $70m Is Left In Our ECA From $2 Billion by AfroBeatDiary: 7:20pm On Feb 21, 2020
We told you Buhari was incompetent and you all said you prefer him, no wahala.
Re: Shock As Only $70m Is Left In Our ECA From $2 Billion by irepnaija4eva(m): 8:07pm On Feb 21, 2020
BY THE TIME BUBU IS THROUGH WITH NIGERIA, EVEN VENEZUELA GO DEY USE US GOSSIP..

1 Like

Re: Shock As Only $70m Is Left In Our ECA From $2 Billion by bastardmod: 8:11pm On Feb 21, 2020
Hahahahahahahaha.... Oh God... grin grin

I'm so happy

Useless cursed shithole run by fulani illiterates grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shock As Only $70m Is Left In Our ECA From $2 Billion by princemillla(m): 8:13pm On Feb 21, 2020
When am not nepa how can I be shock.

I would av doubt this post but I remembered the integrity attached to our hero Mr integrity is only Audio.

Set awon Lie Muhammad
Re: Shock As Only $70m Is Left In Our ECA From $2 Billion by Sokosuji: 8:15pm On Feb 21, 2020
helinues:
While coronavirus is adding salt to the injury...

You dey forbid to ever make sense?

1 Like

Re: Shock As Only $70m Is Left In Our ECA From $2 Billion by Sokosuji: 8:16pm On Feb 21, 2020
I am surprised people are surprised o

When u substitute PhD with NEPA 'safiticate' what exactly will u be expecting...

Manabq the trash talker come and see ua darling daddy at his best cool

1 Like

Re: Shock As Only $70m Is Left In Our ECA From $2 Billion by BlackfireX: 9:11pm On Feb 21, 2020
Ahhhhhhh

Osinbajo mere commissioner what happened?

(1) (2) (Reply)

- Man Narrates His Encounter With The Late Chief Of Staff - Abba Kyari. / Ikoyi Tragedy And Casual Bigotry Against Yoruba Muslims / Fresh Blasphemy In Osun: Arrest Akintaro Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.