Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,257 members, 7,826,011 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders (29812 Views)

"Remote Control": Buhari Reveals How APC Won Osun Election / Buhari Reveals Boko Haram’s Sponsors / Zahra Buhari Reveals Her Son Looks Like Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by fkj950ax(m): 12:05pm On Feb 22, 2020
FarahAideed:

Nigeria has the weakest 200 million people market any where in world , please go do the comparison ,our markets potential is very under utilized due to bad governance causing unthinkable poverty and under patronage of goods and services . Let me give you an example MTN has 54 million subscribers in Nigeria and about 29 million in South Africa yet the make a whole lot money from SA than Nigeria .

Let me show you an example please
See below 2018 best revenue generating airline routes in Africa , with our 200 million population and so called big market we should be topping that list but we are not even there ..For your information the route sign ABJ is Abidjan not Abuja

What exactly are you saying?
I am finding it difficult to understand why you have quoted airline data twice to discuss trade-related arguments.
Can you look at exports data?

And the level of travel in the region is inconsequential.
The trade pact with ECOWAS. You are quoting MTN South Africa and International passenger data...
Locate your data source to catchment area.

PS: I worked in the NCAA. I know ABV and ABJ, but it has nothing to do trade within West Aftican Nations.
Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by FarahAideed: 12:14pm On Feb 22, 2020
fkj950ax:

What exactly are you saying?
I am finding it difficult to understand why you have quoted airline data twice to discuss trade-related arguments.
Can you look at exports data?

And the level of travel in the region is inconsequential.
The trade pact with ECOWAS. You are quoting MTN South Africa and International passenger data...
Locate your data source to catchment area.

PS: I worked in the NCAA. I know ABV and ABJ, but it has nothing to do trade within West Aftican Nations.

Our export data is nothing to write home about even if I add petroleum exports . Nigeria population is not translating into revenue like you think neither is it's export potential ...lets stop fooling ourselves .. So you worked in NCAA , nice to know , I know a lot of people there oooo
Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by AuwalYusuf812(m): 1:21pm On Feb 22, 2020
Mokason28:

I have built two houses one in Abuja and one in Delta state were am from... occasionally I travel both ways... I can tell you sincerely without mincing words you won’t find a cup of Foreign rice in Delta state... Because occasionally Custom officials go round the markets in search for foreign rice ... once they find it dey seize it
okay. But dat does not mean Local rice no dey North.

God go epp Us
Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by bulbutcher(m): 2:21pm On Feb 22, 2020
Arms are passing through their country and they Dnt know anything abt it that's a big LIE
They are either supporting it or theirs nothing they can do abt it.
But they definitely know about
Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by Paretomaster1(m): 2:30pm On Feb 22, 2020
Mokason28:
I have said this before and I will gladly say it again... The Northern Borders are still very much wide open undecided
Go to any were in the North/Middle belt you will hardly see local rice ... Foreign rice is still in abundance ... were does the rice come from if the borders are completely closed??

You r a �, since the borders are not close, go and import things through them.....

Dangote as rich as he is have over 360 empty trucks stucked across the border
Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by Mokason28: 2:31pm On Feb 22, 2020
AuwalYusuf812:
okay. But dat does not mean Local rice no dey North.

God go epp Us
Auwal Yusuf local rice in the North is by choice... but in the east there is no choice between foreign rice and local rice... all they have down there is local rice... don’t get it twisted am not saying local rice is bad .. but law is law and every body should be equal in the eyes of the law
Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by Mokason28: 2:33pm On Feb 22, 2020
Paretomaster1:

You r a �, since the borders are not close, go and import things through them.....

Dangote as rich as he is have over 360 empty trucks stucked across the border
I won’t reply you... cuz if I do you will delete ur account on Niraland
Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by AuwalYusuf812(m): 2:36pm On Feb 22, 2020
Mokason28:

Auwal Yusuf local rice in the North is by choice... but in the east there is no choice between foreign rice and local rice... all they have down there is local rice... don’t get it twisted am not saying local rice is bad .. but law is law and every body should be equal in the eyes of the law
take it easy Man

Am telling you now that there is nothing South people feel that North ma no feel for this yeye government

1 Like

Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by mechanics(m): 2:38pm On Feb 22, 2020
The president of Burkina Faso has swag.
Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by Paretomaster1(m): 2:48pm On Feb 22, 2020
Mokason28:

I won’t reply you... cuz if I do you will delete ur account on Niraland

Gerraheremehn..... If u reply, and I descend on you ehn, you will locate the nearest lagoon....
Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by adekolaelect(m): 3:04pm On Feb 22, 2020
surgical:
Because you are a sadist , anything that brings pains to others is what gives you joy,what is the gain in border closure
You will mention rice,that is a backward way of dealing with the issues even though there is no significant improvement except the hype
There are better ways to approach the issue and still get a far better results,unfortunately we have a leader who is just acting on impulse
Mr know it all but you are unable to give us any meaningful alternative option to border closure .you are just wailing but I don't blame you bcs it is your norms to be a smuggler .we know you feel pains but the early the better you look for another job that can take you out of this pain bcs this wailing can not give you any favourable results.
Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by surgical: 3:55pm On Feb 22, 2020
adekolaelect:
Mr know it all but you are unable to give us any meaningful alternative option to border closure .you are just wailing but I don't blame you bcs it is your norms to be a smuggler .we know you feel pains but the early the better you look for another job that can take you out of this pain bcs this wailing can not give you any favourable results.
I can see you one of the Yoruba APC slowpoke,ordinary bag carrier,who is destined to be slave to his mate
No ambition at all,you will just exit the world the way you came,because of your low IQ,,even your oga VP and tinubu have been made outsider in the government you are defending
Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by Difrent: 4:40pm On Feb 22, 2020
Mokason28:

Why are things going in and out of some borders?? Is it because some people are above the law why others are not?? Used clothes (Okirika) and Foreign rice are still coming inside Nigeria especially to the North after it has been declared illegal
Go to the east you won’t find a cup of foreign rice

Simple
ITS A PARTIAL CLOSURE ,NOT TOTAL CLOSURE so many people don't know that it's actually a PARTIAL CLOSURE that's why there's so much insinuations and deductions......goes to prove most Nigerians only react to headlines and unfortunately those who don't really understand a policy or programme are the loudest in condemning them, that is the tragedy of the new social media age we are in
Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by MondayOsunbor(m): 4:40pm On Feb 22, 2020
LosC:

president buhari or is it president abba kyari
Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by Mokason28: 5:21pm On Feb 22, 2020
Difrent:

Simple
ITS A PARTIAL CLOSURE ,NOT TOTAL CLOSURE so many people don't know that it's actually a PARTIAL CLOSURE that's why there's so much insinuations and deductions......goes to prove most Nigerians only react to headlines and unfortunately those who don't really understand a policy or programme are the loudest in condemning them, that is the tragedy of the new social media age we are in
How is it partial closure ?? When virtually every thing banned still comes in freeeeeeely tru the Northern borders?? I gave example earlier Foreign rice ,used clothes (okirika), frozen foods??
Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by chewwie(m): 7:29pm On Feb 22, 2020
FarahAideed:

All the same thing? I haven't seen anywhere with hopelessly poor people like Nigeria ..Nigeria and it's Nigerians are dirt dirt poor the only problem is many don't even know
You are very very very misinformed! If you're looking for hopeless poverty, try central Africa: Chad, CAR, the Congo, then go all the way to Myanmar, Nepal, etc. Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world based on just one poverty criterion. Nigeria is a shit hole, with shitty government, don't get me wrong, but we're just one of the many shit holes in the world.
Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by FarahAideed: 7:43pm On Feb 22, 2020
chewwie:

You are very very very misinformed! If you're looking for hopeless poverty, try central Africa: Chad, CAR, the Congo, then go all the way to Myanmar, Nepal, etc. Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world based on just one poverty criterion. Nigeria is a shit hole, with shitty government, don't get me wrong, but we're just one of the many shit holes in the world.

Keep fooling yourself man
Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by adekolaelect(m): 7:46pm On Feb 22, 2020
surgical:
I can see you one of the Yoruba APC slowpoke,ordinary bag carrier,who is destined to be slave to his mate
No ambition at all,you will just exit the world the way you came,because of your low IQ,,even your oga VP and tinubu have been made outsider in the government you are defending
humm see bitterness in his write up!!!!!!! grin grin but no one can take you out of this than yourself. You are bragging as if you and your leaders had achieved any meaningful in life than bitterness you are carrying up and down .It is sure you can't achieve anything good from bitterness ,sabotage,insult and hatred in your life even failure and God's punishment is awaiting you in the heaven if you continuing your life like this till you die.

Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by chewwie(m): 7:55pm On Feb 22, 2020
FarahAideed:

Keep fooling yourself man
You're the misinformed one here
Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by Legendguru: 9:09pm On Feb 22, 2020
Ok
Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by Horlufemi(m): 9:21pm On Feb 22, 2020
SoNature:

ECOWAS cannot suspend Nigeria because Nigeria is its biggest financier.

It's just like the United Nations suspending the United States...just impossible unless you want to kill the body because the US is its biggest financier.

I insist that closing the border isn't the solution.

If some idiots are smuggling contrabands into the country, it's an internal problem. So, Buhari should clean up Nigeria's customs.

I don't understand why he keeps touting that he is fighting corruption, yet he hasn't thoroughly cleaned up just one government institution.

Even the police still brazenly collects roadside bribes.

You cannot clean up the customs.

Nigerian people are inherently corrupt. It cannot be cured
Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by SoNature(m): 9:28pm On Feb 22, 2020
Horlufemi:

You cannot clean up the customs.

Nigerian people are inherently corrupt. It cannot be cured

Story for the gods

How old are you?

Buhari is a clueless man

If Tafa Balogun could stop the police from collecting bribe in his time as police IG, then impossible is nothing.

I wasn't told the story, I experienced it

1 Like

Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by wirinet(m): 9:42pm On Feb 22, 2020
Mokason28:

How is it partial closure ?? When virtually every thing banned still comes in freeeeeeely tru the Northern borders?? I gave example earlier Foreign rice ,used clothes (okirika), frozen foods??
Do you have proof Foreign rice ,used clothes (okirika), frozen foods are coming into Lagos or the south through the northern borders? Or you are sitting in the south just speculating.

Most items are smuggled through the creeks and sea between Benin republic and Lagos, as customs do not have enough boats and manpower to prevent maritime smuggling, especially at night time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by Mokason28: 5:21am On Feb 23, 2020
wirinet:

Do you have proof Foreign rice ,used clothes (okirika), frozen foods are coming into Lagos or the south through the northern borders? Or you are sitting in the south just speculating.

Most items are smuggled through the creeks and sea between Benin republic and Lagos, as customs do not have enough boats and manpower to prevent maritime smuggling, especially at night time.
Yes I have proof... I don’t talk aimlessly

Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by lakesider(m): 9:18am On Feb 23, 2020
FarahAideed:
If he likes he should not open it , I wonder why ECOWAS is wasting time from suspending Nigeria for breaching the free trade agreement

You can't grow if you hate yourself
Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by thundafire: 10:41am On Feb 23, 2020
Only if Isa Funtua,Mamman Daura and Abba Kyari will determine
Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by inosend: 5:33pm On Feb 26, 2020
Of the thousand and one sins Buhari had committed against me and fellow Nigerians, this has crossed out one of such sins. Let the borders remain closed until kingdom come.
Good one.
Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by popizaino(m): 10:27pm On Nov 25, 2020
LosC:

If there's no good thing Buhari has done since the inception of this administration, i think this border closure is just one of the good things

Repeat this again
Re: Buhari Reveals What Will Determine Reopening Of Land Borders by popizaino(m): 10:28pm On Nov 25, 2020
Dabronze:
border closure is generating income for Nigeria economy I don't think there will be any open of the border for now.

You say ? grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Even If PDP Shows Video Of Tinubu/Buhari Robbing CBN, It Won't Change Our Minds / Nosakhare Ogbemudia & Ekan Egonmwan's Pre-Wedding Photos / Rochas Okorocha Preaching & Meditating On The Bible (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.